Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BC30cal
rost495;
Top of the morning my old friend, I hope you're all well whether you're still in your winter digs or you've migrated north for the spring already.

While I'm cognizant that Sam began this thread with tongue firmly planted in cheek AND that as a Canuck I cannot speak from personal experience about anything handgun/defensive carry related, I'd offer some thoughts for those who might find it useful.

During the course of my life as it pertains to church involvement, for about a decade I was a leader in the Ushers and Greeters and as such I developed some safety protocols for the congregation.

Many older church buildings are not set up with proper fire exits even, which makes orderly evacuation in any emergency complicated. Combine that with a usually elderly thus mobility impaired group of people as well as visitors who are untrained/new to everything can be an uphill struggle to say the least.

Statistically most churches on both sides of the medicine line are more likely to have a medical emergency where an Automated External Defibrillator will save some lives. Hopefully it goes without saying that like a firearm, having an AED without proper training in it's use is less than optimum.

Our church didn't have a stocked First Aid Kit before some of the work and time was put in developing the protocols and procedures.

Each Sunday someone needs to be the one on duty whose will dial 911 to get medical assistance coming should the need arise. It's amazing how many times everyone believes someone else has already made the call.

The pastoral staff need to buy into whatever programs are developed. Part of the buy in is if not having "drills" at very least mentioning it often enough that some in the congregation will act appropriately during an emergency.

Training people to look for potential threats isn't always possible, as some of the folks who are attending the service, especially those who want to greet and welcome others, are not remotely wired to be "sheep dogs" in any way, shape or form. Realize those folks exist, accept them for what they are, try to find enough "Sheep Dog/Doubting Thomas" types to balance it out and go from there.

Looking back through the decades of church attendance, specifically dealing with different sorts of emergencies and disturbances, it was always better to have at least some sort of a plan rather than nothing.

That's a really broad overview of the subject and truly it's likely better to have a thread on it's own about that rather than take Sam's further into the rhubarb.

All the best to you all rost495.

Dwayne

Another month down south then bear starts soon.

These inane threads bother me but I digress..

Training is paramount in everything.

Having the right tools is paramount.

You hit the nail on the head here. And without tools and training you are at the mercy of whatever the outcome will be.

As you know plan A rarely works. Its generally at least into B or C before things work. Without a plan A its a total loss generally.

Piss poor planning leads to piss poor performance.

Best to you and the family as always.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You think Sam's thread is inane?

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The idea of armed worship is so novel. Alarming really. If you’re Jewish you can get an empty sheriff’s car parked outside. That’ll stop’ em! I forgot my derringer cap gun had an accidental discharge one Sunday. Guess I was an early adopter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
Originally Posted by PJGunner
The pastor gave me permission to carry and a few weeks later revoked the permission.
PJ

Why even ask?

In some states, it is illegal and a felony to carry in a church without the pasters permission.

I do believe I would tell that pastor to go to hell, if he had an issue with somebody carrying

I agree... and disagree. The right people absolutely 100% should be packing. With that said, there are plenty of dumb azz Dirty Harry wannabes that I wouldn't want opening up in a church full of people. A pastor shouldn't have any problem with people getting shot as long as it is the right people being shot. Church security should be an organized effort by folks with the right mindset and training.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Many churches have a don’t ask don’t tell approach. That point of view emerged when I discussed armed and “trained” security with the business manager a +/-1000 member church I previously attended. His bugaboo? Liability (and insurance coverage) and it’s consequences for the church. That even included armed Deputy Sheriffs according to him. At the time I was the only security. I circulated the parking lot and children’s areas primarily and know of one definite group of suspicious characters that drove by me full of stares and didn’t even park. That one time alone rewarded me.

My discussion with the church staffer followed this event. He knew I was armed without me saying but never addressed the subject. Others in the church did too and appreciation was given on several occasions. Strangely no one else volunteered to help.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I asked to. Only to save lives. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Just what the congregation needs...mashed potato brains carrying guns in church

Fortunately for the good folks in the congregation, he’s full of shít.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
I asked to. Only to save lives.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
🤣🤣

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
JFC thats some funny schitt!

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

Oh lawdi!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You think Sam's thread is inane?

Inane in the membrane, inane in the brain..

Rost is sort of our campfire Karen.

They say only 3 things in life are guaranteed.

Death, taxes and Rost posting on a thread of which he has great disdain. Maybe I should start an inane NFL thread and REALLY ruffle the inspectors feathers!

lol

Thanks to all for playing along with this semi-serious thread. I really did go and shoot a few guns yesterday and posted the honest result. And if anything I hope a few Jesus warriors realize that maybe they shouldn't be packin' heat in the pews. Sort of a subtle hint if you will...

Dwayne, no calves yet but the weather is sure ready for 'em to start!

Look out, Ricardo's loaded up with wadcutters!!!

LOL

Last edited by SamOlson; 03/11/24.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sam - how come the lack of a S&W M&P 2.0?

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Teal, no real rhyme or reason to my collecting. Don't get me started thinking on another one....lol

No, I need to do as lvmiker stated and start focusing on practicing with one or two guns.

But it sure is fun to watch Honest Outlaw vids and daydream...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am not sure a 2 inch 38 would be adequate for shooting at a perpetrator that might be 25 yards away, I sure can’t shoot one that well.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Teal, no real rhyme or reason to my collecting. Don't get me started thinking on another one....lol

No, I need to do as lvmiker stated and start focusing on practicing with one or two guns.

Cool, just curious to know if there was a reason or simply happenstance.

I've been thinking of one in metal to replace my G19 that the kid adopted.

Me

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
My church has a 50 cal nest behind the pulpit.

You didn't mention what's in the nest.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
I asked to. Only to save lives.

Does Rost approve ?

This is a despicable attack on a fine upstanding long respected member.

😂😂

Mashed potato brains!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A. Pray on it brother as to which piece is right for you.

B. Sign up for the church choir....choir robes will maximize concealment opportunities.....may add ARs to the conversation....plus, choir members often times enjoy a higher ground to shoot from.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I like the Sig P320 Legion. I shoot one in competition and they work great for that. They are a bit on the hefty side though, depending on how you carry concealed. And they're fairly heavy, but low recoil and easy to shoot.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson

You need two of the same gun in shoulder holsters so you can skin them smokewagons and blast one in each hand. Some kind of long slide .45 would work, gold plated would be a plus and some sort of cool grips. Maybe a snake coming out of the eye of a skull over a big potleaf or playboy bunny.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (06hunter59, 1minute, 219DW, 21, 204guy, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,600
Posts18,511,464
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.