Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by boatboy
Originally Posted by boatboy
https://tractoptics.com/tekoa-hd-4-16x44-bdc

This is a 4 to 16 I like most everything about it including the reticle
I like the 44 obj typically don’t like or need 50s

I am in the Midwest we don’t shoot miles (I know some do) but my shooting is 300 max typically
This scope really had my attention

I would appreciate input

Hank

Motown above is the link

Hank

Thanks Hank!

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I got a Toric 2-10 for a .308 last fall. Great optically. Dialed in very easily sighting in. Killed one deer with it. Probably only have about 25 rounds with it so far, so no measure of durability, but very pleased with it thus far and expect to get more as the need arises.

Mathew 22: 37-39

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Now if they would just come out with a nice straight 6x, perhaps with a copy of Leupold's LRD reticle

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Any experience with the older Turions ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
These guys use them.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by bugs4
Now if they would just come out with a nice straight 6x, perhaps with a copy of Leupold's LRD reticle

A Tract Toric 6x42 with the T-Plex reticle would be delightful to a niche market. I am part of that niche, but I am not going to hold my breath until I am blue in the face waiting for it to appear. I am just hanging on to my remaining Meopta 6x42's and thankful for my Toric 2-10x42's, which are set at 10x for the range and 6x for the field.

GrimJim

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have a 3-15 x 42 toric with t-plex reticle. I have used it on a couple of rifles as well as a backup smallbore silhouette rifle. It works ok, glass is good, reticle is perfect for woods hunting. I don't like the weight, and thus don't use it anymore. Has been sitting in a box in the safe for a couple of years now. I'd be glad to sell it for half price if someone wants to try one out. email is rmed0006gmail.com

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have 2 Tract Torics. A 3x15x50 and 3X15X42. I am pleased with both of them. Glass is fine and they track well. They are heavy and they have great customer service.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah. Leupold was selling so many of those that they ran out of places to stash the money, so they had to discontinue them……

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Yeah. Leupold was selling so many of those that they ran out of places to stash the money, so they had to discontinue them……

The market for a 6x42 is indeed a niche market, but it is a niche market from which Leupold walked away. Decades ago, when they were very popular, you could get then in a choice of matte or gloss to match your rifle. Customers could select a very nice duplex or a heavy duplex. Their custom shop could provide other reticles, including a very nice post and duplex, which was very similar to the Tract T-Plex. At its demise, you could get any kind you wanted as long as it was matte finish with a wide duplex reticle. The basic mechanical set up that focused by turning the entire eyepiece had not changed since it first entered production.

There does not appear to be a case for return on investment for development and production of another 6x42, particularly when you can get a better return on investment by catering to the precision rifle shooting and long range hunting markets these days.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GrimJim
Originally Posted by Pappy348

The market for a 6x42 is indeed a niche market, but it is a niche market from which Leupold walked away. Decades ago, when they were very popular, you could get then in a choice of matte or gloss to match your rifle. Customers could select a very nice duplex or a heavy duplex. Their custom shop could provide other reticles, including a very nice post and duplex, which was very similar to the Tract T-Plex. At its demise, you could get any kind you wanted as long as it was matte finish with a wide duplex reticle. The basic mechanical set up that focused by turning the entire eyepiece had not changed since it first entered production.

There does not appear to be a case for return on investment for development and production of another 6x42, particularly when you can get a better return on investment by catering to the precision rifle shooting and long range hunting markets these days.

I suppose I’m kind of a niche market myself, with three fixed 6x scopes actually mounted on rifles I shoot, though no Leupolds. Gotta assume Leupold, along with just about everyone else making scopes, are focused on where the sales are, variables.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I sent you a PM Blackbranch.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Mideer3006
Any experience with the older Turions ?

Best scope they ever produced, just received one from eBay and would glady buy more if they were available.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Blackbranch sent you an email.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
What's the difference between the toric and tekoa?
Is the toric worth the extra $$.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

If you look on their website, they describe the the Toric as being built in Japan by "the world's leading optical manufacturer." They describe Tekoa as being built in Japan by "one of the world's leading optical manufacturers." This would strongly suggest to me that the Toric is built by LOW and the Tekoa by someone else.

Mathew 22: 37-39

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I have both. From what I understand, the only differences is the Toric has UHD/ED glass and the Tekoa does not, both use Schott glass.
The Toric comes with the tall locking turret kit standard, with the Tekoa you have to pay extra for it.

I can tell you the Tekoa glass is still damn good. Mechanics seem identical, both track spot on.
I thought they were both made by LOW, and the glass was the only difference, but I could be wrong. They seem identical otherwise.

Bill

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by tx270

I have both. From what I understand, the only differences is the Toric has UHD/ED glass and the Tekoa does not, both use Schott glass.
The Toric comes with the tall locking turret kit standard, with the Tekoa you have to pay extra for it.

I can tell you the Tekoa glass is still damn good. Mechanics seem identical, both track spot on.
I thought they were both made by LOW, and the glass was the only difference, but I could be wrong. They seem identical otherwise.

Bill

There is one other difference, the Toric line is Graphite colored and the Tekoa is black
Tract makes a lower line the Response that is made in the Philippines. I have one on a truck gun and it is still pretty good
If you have the money get the Toric

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Also - think Tekoa are all one inch tubes whereas Toric are 'mostly' 30mm.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have the 2.5-15x44 FFP Toric UHD scope and the short of it is the glass and features are great but the scope doesn't hold zero under impacts. Clear glass, adjusts correctly and returns to zero under regular use, the FFP reticle is simple and works well, turret lock is good and all of the adjustments are smooth and well dampened. However, I had my rifle fall off a 4.5 foot high ladder onto river rock and the scope shifted zero 1.3mils. Rezeroed, no issues, then a couple months later the rifle was in a quick release sling on my pack and the release popped and it fell to the ground, probably a 3 foot fall. Zero shifted 0.4 mils that time. Bummer because it is pretty close to my ideal hunting scope if it could hold zero under hard use.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (1minute, 673, 1_deuce, 29aholic, 6MMWASP, 24 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,087
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.