Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 64 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 63 64
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I never thought I’d see this question posed on a sportsman’s forum. Sad.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I believe that there is a God.

God, by definition being God, we do not get to define Him on our terms.

It seems to me that a god, defined by the limits of our thinking or imagination, can’t really be God.

Last edited by IZH27; 03/11/24.
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Yes I spent a few minutes in cardiac arrest changed me forever greatest thing that ever happened to me no longer afraid to die

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

No, not sad in any way.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by stevevan1
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Absolutely!

I believe in God the Father, Jesus his only son and the Holy Spirit.
I too believe in the Trilogy.
Originally Posted by stevevan1
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Absolutely!

I believe in God the Father, Jesus his only son and the Holy Spirit.
I too believe in the Trilogy.

I think you mean the Trinity.

No, the Trilogy; Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
There's a reason why there is a stairway to Heaven, and a highway to hell......

Where is this staircase located?

The stairway is a little bit harder to find than the highway; which since you didn't ask about the highway, you must already know where that is. Good luck with the choices you make in life. That's all I have to say about it.
If you have to take a stair way to heaven you'lll never get there, even if a stairway exist.

Good luck to you too.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, I believe in God.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I was traveling in TN.... one evening I pulled into a parking lot for a break. The lot filled up ....I was in a Baptist Church. I was invited to the "service" by a couple gals.

I went in and joined up.... quite an evening ......I did not imagine church could be so interesting.

Now ,I travel to Northern Wisconsin , we have a cabin up there. I often get tired and I know all the cemeteries on Hwy 27 , Hwy 12, if I am sleepy I can pull into a cemetery for a short nap.

An old guy in bibs came up to the truck in the dark....asked if I would join him inna beer, well I was pleased to do so. He handed me an old Walters can of beer. The can was warm as could be ........but the beer was so cold I could hardly drink it.

I know that was God.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Yes I believe in God.

1st John 4:7-8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
I just don't know whether heaven is going to be all it's cracked up to be, at least for me. I like hunting, not sure whether I will be able to do that...possibly you can't kill anything up there. Perhaps there's a lot a beautiful ladies up there, but again, not sure if you can do anything with them. And there's going to be several weak hypocrites who I am pretty sure will just manage to scrape in and get to heaven, not sure if I want to see them again. Just hope I'm not bored doing all the "nice" things up there.
I’m sure each of us has a mental picture of what heaven would be like! Reuniting with friends and loved ones. Meeting my heroes from childhood, listening to musicians and singers I’ve always loved. I plan on giving Patsy Cline a big kiss!
I said on other post, I think God must be a hunter Himself. The bond you build by hunting with people is much stronger than blood or friendship can ever supply!
But i know there’s much more to life in this world than I can see as a mortal.
I’m sure heaven is even greater than I can imagine. Maybe just being in the presence of my God and Savior is greater than we imagine now.
To be honest, I don’t worry about it. I know my ticket is punched.
If I’m wrong, (I’m sure I’m not), I’m worm food and nothing more. I love being alive, and I know that what awaits me is far beyond what I as a mortal can picture.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I believe and ask for His help to overcome my unbelief every day.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yep, I believe in God and the power of prayer

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The stairway is a little bit harder to find than the highway; which since you didn't ask about the highway, you must already know where that is. Good luck with the choices you make in life. That's all I have to say about it.
If you have to take a stair way to heaven you'lll never get there, even if a stairway exist.

Good luck to you too.

It's a figure of speech friend, a play on words, that just happens to illustrate very succinctly the human condition here on this God forsaken rock, and you obviously don't get it.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I know, no worries. Peace be with you.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Meh....it takes all kinds.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H

Good luck to you too.

Sure, there's a stairway to heaven. It was first mentioned in Genesis 28:12 and definitively identified in John 1:51.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I don't. I was raised Catholic because of my Mom, at around age 14 we could make our own decision. Both of my sisters did the same thing. My Father a retired Earth scientist has always been an atheist. My first day in catechism, which I believe was in fourth grade. The teacher started telling the story of Noah's Ark. Even at that age I thought this is a bunch of bullshit! smile My Father never ever influenced me and I didn't know about his beliefs until 16-17 years old. My folks are both 88 and are Highschool sweethearts and have been married 69 years. My Father has always supported her on everything.

I doesn't bother me that People practice religion. It's just extremely upsetting of the devious side of it. Alway's wondered how many members feel the same.

But what if your wrong?

And what if you're wrong, and the correct answer is Mormons?

Well, you again make me smile!

Seems to me that over time and dialogue, you and I pretty well know one another’s stated beliefs….

But anyway,

The key question here…for you…as I have asked before….”What will happen to you after you die ….. if I am right and you are wrong?”

I don’t want that for you…..

Last edited by TF49; 03/11/24. Reason: Thpo

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Define "God".

God is your maker. Every knee shall bow to Him. I prefer to do so willingly as I am not self-made.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Define "God".

God is your maker. Every knee shall bow to Him. I prefer to do so willingly as I am not self-made.

That does nothing to explain what "God" is. Nor are we made. We don't pop into existence through an act of divine creation. We are born and grow and die through a natural biological process.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Yes. (That would surprise Ringman.)

I do not, however, believe in Christian dogma as codified in 300 AD or so. Or in Noah's Ark, the doctrine of original sin, etc. And if God is really all-powerful, why would it be necessary to torture his own son to death to "take away the sin of the world?"

Nevertheless I think all would agree that modern Christianity--not the religion practiced hundreds of years ago--makes the world a better and more caring place.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 7 of 64 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

342 members (160user, 10ring1, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,712
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.