Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 64 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 63 64
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Uh oh.

Here come the Aussies to get butt hurt by Ribka.....

I am MAGA.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Define "God".

God is your maker. Every knee shall bow to Him. I prefer to do so willingly as I am not self-made.

That does nothing to explain what "God" is. Nor are we made. We don't pop into existence through an act of divine creation. We are born and grow and die through a natural biological process.

Nope…. You are wrong again…

Psalm 139:13-16

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yes.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Yes I do and believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes, I believe in God.

Talk unbelief, and you will have unbelief; but talk faith, and you will have faith.
According to the seed sown, will be the harvest.

- EGW

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
And if God is really all-powerful, why would it be necessary to torture his own son to death to "take away the sin of the world?"

I'm not an expert, but I think the point was to make God more relatable and to emphasize that no matter how bad it gets, including death by torture, even though it's insanely tough, the real reward for those who believe is on the other side, and then that prior hardship will matter no more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only afterlife is found in the memories of your loved ones.

D
D
Yes! I believe in God.

Last edited by DennyB; 03/11/24.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Morewood
The only afterlife is found in the memories of your loved ones.

Ok, I’ll play for awhile….

How do you know the “only afterlife is found in the memories of your loved ones?”

Or is this just your personal belief?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every time I get to questioning God’s Wisdom, I remind myself of Job.
God allowed the troubles to befall Job, because He knew Job as a righteous man.
The book of Job is often overlooked by us, but it tells me some important truth. Satan has no power beyond what God allows him. He will not allow me to be tested beyond my strength!
I’ve had people ask me as a believer why God allows such miseries that befall His people. Things like 9/11. He sure dropped the ball there, right?
Job 38 provides me with the answers I seek.
God answered Job out of the Whirlwind. “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the Earth?”
His knowledge is far greater than mine. He sent His Son to pay for my transgressions.
Nothing I can do but believe in His love for me.
Like I said, if I’m wrong I’m worm food.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Personal belief. Have you seen the Pearly Gates?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I believe in God,what others think or believe or don't believe is their business.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Define "God".

God is your maker. Every knee shall bow to Him. I prefer to do so willingly as I am not self-made.

That does nothing to explain what "God" is. Nor are we made. We don't pop into existence through an act of divine creation. We are born and grow and die through a natural biological process.

Nope…. You are wrong again…

Psalm 139:13-16

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

If it makes you feel better, protest as much as you like. The fact remains that we have countless versions of God and gods, yet not a scrap of evidence that any of them exist.

Last edited by DBT; 03/11/24. Reason: Typo.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
I don't. I was raised Catholic because of my Mom, at around age 14 we could make our own decision. Both of my sisters did the same thing. My Father a retired Earth scientist has always been an atheist. My first day in catechism, which I believe was in fourth grade. The teacher started telling the story of Noah's Ark. Even at that age I thought this is a bunch of bullshit! smile My Father never ever influenced me and I didn't know about his beliefs until 16-17 years old. My folks are both 88 and are Highschool sweethearts and have been married 69 years. My Father has always supported her on everything.

I doesn't bother me that People practice religion. It's just extremely upsetting of the devious side of it. Alway's wondered how many members feel the same.

But what if your wrong?

And what if you're wrong, and the correct answer is Mormons?

Well, you again make me smile!

Seems to me that over time and dialogue, you and I pretty well know one another’s stated beliefs….

But anyway,

The key question here…for you…as I have asked before….”What will happen to you after you die ….. if I am right and you are wrong?”

I don’t want that for you…..

If you are right I'd rather stand before him honest in my disbelief than lying sycophant.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No, but I’ll probably get born again right before I die just in case.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
None of us will stand before Him. We will be as flat on our face as we can be.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Uh oh.

Here come the Aussies to get butt hurt by Ribka.....

Ribka? Does anyone take that idiot seriously? He's not capable of hurting anyone.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No, I never have. Was forced to go to Sunday school around age 5 and then church after that. Both were pure torture to attend. I just can not accept the concept of I better believe or else I will spend forever roasting in hell.
This goes against everything people preach about that god is forgiving and kind.
The entire concept of religion is based upon convincing someone to be afraid of something they can not see.
Fear is not, and never has been, a great motivation technique.
My religion is the Golden Rule. If that doesn’t make me a good person then so be it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In that you asked, yes I do.

And, I sometimes wonder what God thinks of the manifold and diverse reasons, explanations, doubts, rationales and rejections expressed about God by humans.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep and i believe he has a sense of humor.

Good thing about this country is that folks can believe what they want as long as they don't do it in a hurtful way.

There are some that would beat their way into anyone's head because they might have a screw loose.

Mine fits my shoes well ,maybe not your feet.

Page 8 of 64 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 10 invisible), 1,495 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,517
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.