who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Amen.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Yes. And the risen savior Jesus Christ.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yes.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Yes. I don’t know why, but He has blessed me in so many ways.

Mackey

Mackey
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Most definitely, saved by grace, blessed beyond what I deserve for sure

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Of course!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yes, I believe in God and believe that Jesus is Lord. I do not think anyone has all the right answers or the correct interpretations. I do hate how many use belief to line their pockets, but don't fret over it much. I figure only God can sort it out.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by tdoyka
i was raised a Roman Catholic, then when i turned 12yo and got my Confirmation, i stopped going to church and Catechism. then for 6 years there wasn't much of God in my life. then 18yo, i was ordered by my drill segreant to go to church/synagogue, he didn't care as long as i went. on Sundays, i went to couple of different catholic masses and even a Mormon mass....and no, i didn't find religion. i got married, had a couple of and got divorced in my 20s. it wasn't until i was in my early 30s when i decided to need something. Catholicism wasn't in my bag, so i decided i need something different. i read some books on Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Shintoism, Confucianism, Norse beliefs, Wicca, Druidism (Celtic) and North American Indian religion.

well, i believe in Animism (Native American and a little bit of Shinto/Chinese Folk religion). whether is a man, insect, animal, rock or a thunderstorm, everything has a soul or spirit. i also believe in my ancestors. i believe in a divine spirit, but he does not interact with us. He created the world and everything in it and then he left it with his sons and daughters or demigods.

believe or not, i don't care and neither should you.

however, i do believe in science and math. i don't believe in liberal causes and their aftereffects.

Does math offer objective truth?

The way life should be.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I took a lot of classes in microbiology, cell physiology, embryology and physics in college. When I learned complexity of the human body and in the universe I found it impossible to not believe in an intelligence behind the design. During one of my classes where we were studying the human immune system I had my awakening. That day is when I started to take my pursuit of knowing him more seriously.
Whenever I read " Why don't Christians follow Christian values" or some derivative of that statement, it always makes me chuckle. Of course nobody follows those values perfectly, or even very well. We're humans, walking contradictions, constantly getting pulled this way and that way by the world around us. Just because we know what is right doesn't mean we are always going to choose it.
The idea of " progressive sanctification " is a process, many steps forward and backwards along the way. Literally why we have to pick up our cross each and every day and pray for strength to bear it.

Last edited by mitchellmountain; 03/12/24.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Jesus is lord ........what does that mean??????????

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
I don't. I was raised Catholic because of my Mom, at around age 14 we could make our own decision. Both of my sisters did the same thing. My Father a retired Earth scientist has always been an atheist. My first day in catechism, which I believe was in fourth grade. The teacher started telling the story of Noah's Ark. Even at that age I thought this is a bunch of bullshit! smile My Father never ever influenced me and I didn't know about his beliefs until 16-17 years old. My folks are both 88 and are Highschool sweethearts and have been married 69 years. My Father has always supported her on everything.

I doesn't bother me that People practice religion. It's just extremely upsetting of the devious side of it. Alway's wondered how many members feel the same.

But what if your wrong?

And what if you're wrong, and the correct answer is Mormons?

Well, you again make me smile!

Seems to me that over time and dialogue, you and I pretty well know one another’s stated beliefs….

But anyway,

The key question here…for you…as I have asked before….”What will happen to you after you die ….. if I am right and you are wrong?”

I don’t want that for you…..

If you are right I'd rather stand before him honest in my disbelief than lying sycophant.

Well, you chose not to answer the question…..

You asked me one time what would be my fate after death if there was no God….. as I recall, I offered to answer that question (which I did) if you answered my question….. what would be your fate if I was right and YOU were wrong.

You are again avoiding the question.

Also, you will not stand before Him and with any defense. You will claim of “honest disbelief” will be demolished and you will stand guilty of rebellion and rejection.

There…..I answered it for you.

There is no such thing as “honest disbelief.” That phrase is only a convenient lie to cover outright rejection of God.

On that happy, note….. I am off with circle hooks and roe sacks……

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't. I was raised Catholic because of my Mom, at around age 14 we could make our own decision. Both of my sisters did the same thing. My Father a retired Earth scientist has always been an atheist. My first day in catechism, which I believe was in fourth grade. The teacher started telling the story of Noah's Ark. Even at that age I thought this is a bunch of bullshit! smile My Father never ever influenced me and I didn't know about his beliefs until 16-17 years old. My folks are both 88 and are Highschool sweethearts and have been married 69 years. My Father has always supported her on everything.

I doesn't bother me that People practice religion. It's just extremely upsetting of the devious side of it. Alway's wondered how many members feel the same.

Religion is man’s creation. You can still be spiritual without being religious. We were created by a “source” we can all argue about a name for it. If you have time, watch some interviews of people who have had NDE’s (near death experiences). Don’t listen to those who tell you about someone’s experience, but those where the person tells their own story. Our consciousness survives when our body dies. We are all connected. As simple as it sounds love is the key.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Uh oh.

Here come the Aussies to get butt hurt by Ribka.....

Ribka? Does anyone take that idiot seriously? He's not capable of hurting anyone.

Just say his name 3 times into a mirror....

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by cisco1
Basically, that Jesus is your Lord. Someone could believe in Jesus just like they believe in Abraham Lincoln, that he was a real person. To quantify that belief people often refer to Jesus as Lord. To call Jesus Lord is on another level of belief beyond just believing he exists or existed.

Last edited by RHClark; 03/12/24.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jimmyp

But what if your wrong?

And what if you're wrong, and the correct answer is Mormons?

Well, you again make me smile!

Seems to me that over time and dialogue, you and I pretty well know one another’s stated beliefs….

But anyway,

The key question here…for you…as I have asked before….”What will happen to you after you die ….. if I am right and you are wrong?”

I don’t want that for you…..

If you are right I'd rather stand before him honest in my disbelief than lying sycophant.

Well, you chose not to answer the question…..

You asked me one time what would be my fate after death if there was no God….. as I recall, I offered to answer that question (which I did) if you answered my question….. what would be your fate if I was right and YOU were wrong.

You are again avoiding the question.

Also, you will not stand before Him and with any defense. You will claim of “honest disbelief” will be demolished and you will stand guilty of rebellion and rejection.

There…..I answered it for you.

There is no such thing as “honest disbelief.” That phrase is only a convenient lie to cover outright rejection of God.

On that happy, note….. I am off with circle hooks and roe sacks……

TF,

Pascals wager is a weak argument. It's nothing more than a threat cloaked as reason, just as Christian "concerns" for non-believers is more threats cloaked as altruism.

I really like how you added this little tidbit calling all non-believers liars:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Each man must choose for himself what God to worship... or not worship.

To be without my God (and the ability to ask questions of Him)... I would be fundamentally lost... and far less purposeful in my daily pursuits.

*I will never tell another man how to live... or what to believe.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yes.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cisco1

Jesus is Lord means Jesus is God and has supreme authority over all things. Faith in the Lord Jesus is required for salvation (Acts 16:31).

If you declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9).

Jesus is Lord, and one day every knee in heaven, on earth, and under earth will bow at the name of Jesus, and every tongue will acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father (Philippians 2:9-11).

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Clark,
Your explanation of "Jesus is Lord" and comparison to Lincoln....calls for a level of belief beyond is beyond.

I think it is something people have read or heard and repeat.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Yes, I absolutely believe in God! And what you are saying is your opinion and nothing more. The world would be be much better place if we all followed Christian morals

Get the Christians to follow the morals first....then see who follows.

Good point...in fact, someone has actually "followed the morals". His name is Jesus. And it is He who I am following. I am not following Him perfectly; not even very well. That's why I need Him as my Savior. So, I guess I just answered the OP's question.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Page 10 of 64 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,098
Posts18,483,058
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.