Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 64 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 63 64
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunchamp
The world would be be much better place if we all followed Christian morals.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Get the Christians to follow the morals first....then see who follows.
Originally Posted by Tgete_Ya_Go
Good point...in fact, someone has actually "followed the morals". His name is Jesus. And it is He who I am following. I am not following Him perfectly; not even very well. That's why I need Him as my Savior.
“Follow ME.”- Jesus 👊🏻

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by cisco1
Clark,
Your explanation of "Jesus is Lord" and comparison to Lincoln....calls for a level of belief beyond is beyond.

I think it is something people have read or heard and repeat.

You asked what it means, not why people say it. I'm sure that a lot of people who say it only say it because it's something they heard with no idea of what it means.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Which God? there are so many to choose from and I still havent made the pick.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Yes, born again, washed in the blood, bible believing Christian!
"The fool says in his heart there is no God" Psalm 14:1

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tesoro
Which God? there are so many to choose from and I still havent made the pick.
Pretty serious question, I personally have chosen the one who holds my breath in His hands...
"And you have lifted yourself up against the Lord of heaven. And you have praised the gods of silver and gold, bronze and iron, wood and stone, which do not see or hear or know; and the God who holds your breath in His hand and owns all your ways, you have not glorified."

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Dons99

Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:22

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
some actual real good discussion here..........

Nice to see the unforced rhythms of the Holy Spirit working in believers and non believers.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I believe in God, not religious at all even though I grew up in a strict Christian home. A Lot of you would probably get valve out of digging into the chronologist Jason Bershears of Archaix. He was born and raised a southern Baptist and in his desire to prove and protect his beliefs in Christianity he discovered so many discrepances he is making it his mission to get the truth and facts out to people. We have been massively lied to about our history by those in power to control the masses through religion. Once you see the truth you can't unsee it.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I believe in God.

Christians are supposed to tell non believers about God's saving grace. I've yet to understand why this upsets some people so much. Listen, believe it, don't believe it, ignore it, make fun of those who profess the truth, whatever. Just understand that is what we are tasked with doing. It isn't meant to offend or insult unbelievers, it is simply our job.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Dons99

Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:22
First of all, I wasn't speeking for myself, I was quoting God himself.
Second, you totally took Mat 5:22 out of context. Jesus was giving the sermon on the mount and was telling His followers if they were angry with a BROTHER with no cause to not call them names or make threats all the while bringing their offering to the Lord but first be reconciled to their brother and then bring your offering to God

Last edited by Dons99; 03/12/24.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The demons that Jesus drove out believed.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hoping to go to the Happy Huntin' Ground.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I believe in God. Christians are supposed to tell non believers about God's saving grace. I've yet to understand why this upsets some people so much. Listen, believe it, don't believe it, ignore it, make fun of those who profess the truth, whatever. Just understand that is what we are tasked with doing. It isn't meant to offend or insult unbelievers, it is simply our job.
This believer, simply and yet eloquently, professes his belief and explains an important component of such belief. It is neither demanding, nor insistent nor threatening of those to whom he is supposed to witness. I like it for more than one reason, and in this moment because it puts a compelling contrast on the front page.

In this thread, quite a number of people state their belief in God and give some added insight/example material. In this same thread there are focused examples posted by folks who question, deny, challenge, deride, decry and post "whatever negative else" regarding those stated beliefs in God. They also sometimes add claims/charges/condemnations which stem from their personal observations and thinking about the matter, and some comment about the persons who believe in God. This is the critical contrast. As most of us know, it has been repeated/repeated/repeated behavior in such threads.

Please look again at what the man posted above and also consider other closely related posts by believers - which do not advance criticism or threat to those who do not believe in God and seem to align well with the reason given. Then, try objectively to discern the noted contrasting posts.

In reply to the non-threatening professions of belief, and the freedom for acceptance or rejection as one wishes, what is the cause for action - the commanding force - for those who attack/criticize/deride?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
If you believe in God, shut up. Behave yourself. Don’t pretend to know anything

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Absolutely...and I do not care for anyone preaching their interpretation at me.

x2.

Jim

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by tdoyka
i was raised a Roman Catholic, then when i turned 12yo and got my Confirmation, i stopped going to church and Catechism. then for 6 years there wasn't much of God in my life. then 18yo, i was ordered by my drill segreant to go to church/synagogue, he didn't care as long as i went. on Sundays, i went to couple of different catholic masses and even a Mormon mass....and no, i didn't find religion. i got married, had a couple of and got divorced in my 20s. it wasn't until i was in my early 30s when i decided to need something. Catholicism wasn't in my bag, so i decided i need something different. i read some books on Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Shintoism, Confucianism, Norse beliefs, Wicca, Druidism (Celtic) and North American Indian religion.

well, i believe in Animism (Native American and a little bit of Shinto/Chinese Folk religion). whether is a man, insect, animal, rock or a thunderstorm, everything has a soul or spirit. i also believe in my ancestors. i believe in a divine spirit, but he does not interact with us. He created the world and everything in it and then he left it with his sons and daughters or demigods.

believe or not, i don't care and neither should you.

however, i do believe in science and math. i don't believe in liberal causes and their aftereffects.

Does math offer objective truth?

yes, it does. 2 + 2 = 4, unless you go with the new math....i believe the answer is mauve tangerine duck.

objective truth is based on evidence and logic. normally a republican uses it.

subjective truth is based on your feelings and opinions. normally a demoncrap uses it.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
I believe in God, not religious at all even though I grew up in a strict Christian home. A Lot of you would probably get valve out of digging into the chronologist Jason Bershears of Archaix. He was born and raised a southern Baptist and in his desire to prove and protect his beliefs in Christianity he discovered so many discrepances he is making it his mission to get the truth and facts out to people. We have been massively lied to about our history by those in power to control the masses through religion. Once you see the truth you can't unsee it.
I am going to have to check him out. Christianity went off the rails early on and became an agency of the government.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
In a word? Absolutely, YES!
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
If you believe in God, shut up. Behave yourself. Don’t pretend to know anything

Also, if you don't believe in God, shut up. Behave yourself. Don't pretend to know anything.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Bob Dylan said it best in a song:

"It may be the devil, or it may be the Lord, but you're gonna have to serve somebody".

I made my choice.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Page 11 of 64 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 52 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 987 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,816
Posts18,496,463
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.