-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is what happens when you treat mental illness as normal.

Pretty simple really.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That woman is a walking catastrophe.

Another example of the degradation of our society.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag
This is what happens when you treat mental illness as normal.

Pretty simple really.
There it is, in black and white. The only explanation needed.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The sexual assault of children only comes into effect for female children.

At least that's what the Boomers say.
That's because most teenage boys in school fantasize about a hot teacher making them stay after class for remedial work.

You are wasting your time with the "using Boomer as a crutch for their intellectual vapidness" crowd..

Dude...go cheer on sexual predators all you want.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by Dutch
II find the suggestion that anyone would be ok with a teacher molesting 12 year olds a bit bizarre.

Just the males apparently...and only heterosexually.

Everything else is very bad.

Jim and Dutch;
Good morning to you both, I hope that you and your respective families are well this morning.

As I believe you both might be aware, our youngest is a high school teacher who is enough like her old man to go down the odd rabbit hole in study.

I'm blessed too for sure that both of our girls still will sit down with me when we get together and we can have some pretty frank discourse. Oh and no, they emphatically do not agree with me on a lot of subjects.

That said and based on some chats we've had, this sort of thing is really, really bad for the kids. As she and Prof. Jordan Peterson is wont to say, "We don't even really know how bad", as in we've not been able to measure it yet, but it's bad.

Not only that but of course it damages or certainly has the potential to damage present and future relationships for student/parent, student/teacher and parent/teacher.

There's nothing good whatsoever about that sort of thing, sorry that's pretty clear.

Like a whole lot of trends we're seeing today, we just don't know how bad or how many generations it might affect.

Best to you both.

Dwayne

I get kinda riled up when these janers start taking about how the sexual abuse of children is great when it's a male child.

You are absolutely correct that the studies show that the sexual abuse of children is bad. Even if it's a male child.

That's why they call it abuse. Or at least apparently why.

Speaking of trends...the studies are finding that the social media explosion has been monumentally bad for the kids about 12 to 22 right now.

Those that have come before and after have not been affected as severely it seems.

We seem to be okay with testing everything on our children first.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Jim;
Morning again sir, I hope the family is well and if you all are calving already it's going okay.

Thanks for the reply, we're on the same page on both topics.

Where our daughter teaches in the Lower Mainland many, if not most of her students come from other places or at least do not speak English at home, so much of the class has translator apps on their phones.

That means they all have phones in class.

That also means the less motivated won't be concentrating on class subjects but will be on social media.

Once more according to her and folks such as Jordan Peterson mentioned earlier, we know that much screen time is bad for kids, we just don't have a grasp yet as to exactly how bad.

The school shutdowns that came with the beer flu will be another ripple we'll all be dealing with for the rest of our lives too by the way. Those kids aren't okay Jim, we just can't say yet how not okay.

As they attempt and most likely fail trade school and university, we'll begin to grasp what was done to them, but for many it will be too late.

Anyways sir, it's good to talk to folks who want to look deeper into a few things and who are hoping to affect some positive change.

All the best to you all down on the Conrad Ranch and Grain operation.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thanks Dwayne. Same to you and yours.

You are spot on...the kids ain't all right.

I am eternally grateful I grew up when I did.

My dad graduated HS in 1963. He came of age before the drugs really exploded on the scene.

The kids that came up after him suffered terribly with drugs.

Things were pretty calm when I was in school. We drank a lot but the drugs deal was pretty minor.

I guess the new had worn off.

The bunch that came after us got into a resurgence of drugs.

Now, the kids are being wrecked by drugs and social media and bullying and the isolation of Covid and the gutting of academic standards....and so on.

Everything came tight all at once for this group of kids.

Now you see the age group that my youngest is in seem to be weathering the storm better than the older kids.

These last 10 years have just been a perfect storm for the 12 to 22 year olds I guess.

On top of all that....what could a little sexual abuse hurt eh?

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Beginning at a very minor level of inappropriate interaction, any sort of personal relationship with a student absolutely poisons the classroom environment. This is also true in college, and why such interactions are also absolutely forbidden in the military.

Beyond that, life is already difficult enough for teenagers, exponentially even more so in this age of mass-text gossip. All you really need to know is the vast majority of these things involve students from crappy home environments/lack of parenting.

Worse, mentally stable adults are also unlikely to engage in such behavior. Even in the stereotypical senior football player/hot gym teacher scenario , who were the other guys she has slept with? Even without warts and herpes, would you want your kid around a bat schidt crazy woman?

It should be criminal, and it is.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
II find the suggestion that anyone would be ok with a teacher molesting 12 year olds a bit bizarre.

Jim and Dutch;
Good morning to you both, I hope that you and your respective families are well this morning.

As I believe you both might be aware, our youngest is a high school teacher who is enough like her old man to go down the odd rabbit hole in study.

I'm blessed too for sure that both of our girls still will sit down with me when we get together and we can have some pretty frank discourse. Oh and no, they emphatically do not agree with me on a lot of subjects.

That said and based on some chats we've had, this sort of thing is really, really bad for the kids. As she and Prof. Jordan Peterson is wont to say, "We don't even really know how bad", as in we've not been able to measure it yet, but it's bad.

Not only that but of course it damages or certainly has the potential to damage present and future relationships for student/parent, student/teacher and parent/teacher.

There's nothing good whatsoever about that sort of thing, sorry that's pretty clear.

Like a whole lot of trends we're seeing today, we just don't know how bad or how many generations it might affect.

Best to you both.

Dwayne

I get kinda riled up when these janers start taking about how the sexual abuse of children is great when it's a male child.

You are absolutely correct that the studies show that the sexual abuse of children is bad. Even if it's a male child.

Speaking of trends...the studies are finding that the social media explosion has been monumentally bad for the kids about 12 to 22 right now.

Those that have come before and after have not been affected as severely it seems.

Another pro-tip for you: learn the meaning of what tongue in cheek means...That said, when I was in 11th grade I would have sold my own mother into slavery to get a crack at Mrs. O'Connor, my English teacher...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Jim;
Thanks again for the reply, I appreciate your perspective.

Up here most of our homeless people are younger men and by extension the Fentanyl ODs are them as well.

At the same time we have a labor shortage, especially in traditionally male dominated trades.

So help me Jim nobody in the legacy media is making the connection that we as a society - for sure starting with me as a boomer - have failed young men in such a spectacular manner that they'd rather live in a tent, in a drug induced stupor and die young than participate in the society we've made.

We had a young fellow just elected in a federal by-election up here in Ontario, Jamil Jivani is his name, who in his acceptance speech talked about his goals, some of which included the need to salvage what's left of our young men. Should say too that Jamil is a "visible minority" and is far enough right leaning that it gives many folks the vapors.

Honestly this is one of the first times I heard a federal politician say anything like that and after I picked myself up off the floor, I had to listen to the whole thing again.

What most of my generation seem to fail to grasp is that this perfect storm will absolutely mean we will not get our vehicle repaired, the road plowed or our teeth fixed for starters, much less get the roof repaired or even the old folks home built. At the rate we're going up here Jim, there's going to be a lineup at the crematorium too....

Hopefully it's not too late to set things in a better direction, but the first step will be admitting we've got a problem.

That's where I'm at Jim.

As always folks are welcome to disagree with me.

All the best and thanks again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Beginning at a very minor level of inappropriate interaction, any sort of personal relationship with a student absolutely poisons the classroom environment. This is also true in college, and why such interactions are also absolutely forbidden in the military.

Beyond that, life is already difficult enough for teenagers, exponentially even more so in this age of mass-text gossip. All you really need to know is the vast majority of these things involve students from crappy home environments/lack of parenting.

Worse, mentally stable adults are also unlikely to engage in such behavior. Even in the stereotypical senior football player/hot gym teacher scenario , who were the other guys she has slept with? Even without warts and herpes, would you want your kid around a bat schidt crazy woman?

It should be criminal, and it is.
In my experience, this seems like almost all that needs to be understood. Good work.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
all of my teachers were pushing retirement age.

but a 38yo woman gets pregnant by a 12yo boy? unbelievable. this country better start growing some balls and just hang her.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Nope! What she did was just as damaging to the 12 year old boy as it would have been had it been a man to a 12 year old girl.

It was immoral, illegal and damaging. Teaching promiscuity and fornication to anyone is wrong. This is not a joking subject. We need to follow God's direction on all issues instead of Satan.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Bonding her out, how stupid can a judge get. Then had to immediately re-arrest her for the bond violation of contacting a 12 year old victim / student. This TN county has some real problems.

Old FL remedy for such, big tree, big swamp, chain, let the night critters have her, is real slow.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Jim and Dutch;

Best to you both.

Dwayne

Another pro-tip for you: learn the meaning of what tongue in cheek means...That said, when I was in 11th grade I would have sold my own mother into slavery to get a crack at Mrs. O'Connor, my English teacher...

Sinner!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
That's right Dwayne.

Men aren't supposed to be men anymore.

Hell...men can even have babies now.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Jim and Dutch;

Best to you both.

Dwayne

Sinner!

Thank you smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Boomer here says you have schitt for brains.
Morals have gone way down in this country from the time I was a kid.
Go back and "tend" your sheep!!!!!!

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not this boomer. Hang her.

Carpe' Scrotum
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
At least those kids weren't home schooled, or this would be a different conversation

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,279
Posts18,486,792
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.