Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 64 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 63 64
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bluefish
I believe that was a reference to doubt in the mind and the heart not a literal mountain but you did understand that right?

My point exactly. That's why I don't believe in all the heaven and hell stuff. If the bible is true, it's written where we cannot comprehend everything it says. Or it's just not true. I have not been smart enough to figure it out. I just know I would never want to be on the streets of gold while others in the world are burning in a hell. That is just ridiculous to think that is truth. If it is truth, then God is bad. I don't believe that if God is real, he is bad. I hope he would be a good and great God or nothing at all.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
I just know I would never want to be on the streets of gold while others in the world are burning in a hell. That is just ridiculous to think that is truth. If it is truth, then God is bad. I don't believe that if God is real, he is bad. I hope he would be a good and great God or nothing at all.

This is what causes me not to believe. How could any God with all his forgiveness and love be such a prick and send people to hell just because they didn't believe in him?
I just don't get it.

I'm glad so many of you have such deep faith. But my brain just isnt wired that way.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
I reckon you don’t believe in the wind; it can’t be seen either!

Originally Posted by Hastings
And gravity. it cannot be seen or adequately explained. It just is and without it nothing works.

Building any army of strawmen?
Not really

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Yes, absolutely the Lord God has always stood by my side, and I’m the most undeserving of it. Thank you Jesus!!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I just know I would never want to be on the streets of gold while others in the world are burning in a hell. That is just ridiculous to think that is truth. If it is truth, then God is bad. I don't believe that if God is real, he is bad. I hope he would be a good and great God or nothing at all.

This is what causes me not to believe. How could any God with all his forgiveness and love be such a prick and send people to hell just because they didn't believe in him?
I just don't get it.

I'm glad so many of you have such deep faith. But my brain just isnt wired that way.
It is a bit hard to understand that God deliberately made people, knowing that to the best of their abilities after examining all the evidence and being completely honest about it, that they would fail to believe that he exists, and then punishing them by sending them to hell because they fail to believe, when he himself was negligent by making them that way!

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by tdoyka
And where does evidence of logic emanate from?

"Objective truth refers to information or statements that correspond to reality independent of individual perspectives, emotions, or biases. It remains constant regardless of who observes or interprets it. The concept finds its roots in logic and empirical evidence, emphasizing the necessity of verifiable and repeatable facts.

Objective truth doesn’t waver based on personal opinions or cultural norms; rather, it remains steadfast and unchanging."

as i said 2 + 2 = 4. if you have 2 apples and you add another 2 apples, how many apples do you have? 4

hold a ball at shoulder length, turn your hand over and let the ball go. what happens? the ball falls down to the floor.

each of these cases always come to the truth. now if you were outside in space and turn your hand over and let the ball go, it will probably stay there. why? you changed locations. on Earth, the ball will fall. in space, the ball will stay there.

if you are in space and you have 2 apples and then you add another 2 apples, you have 4 apples.

Objective truth emanates from something beyond humanity. Such things are by their nature eternal. An absolute if you will. This points to intelligent design and the only one that can be is God. As for believing it is an article of faith.

Buuuuullshìt.

Let’s hear your contra argument then. If objective truth is not man made then it is made by something else is it not?

In the end each of us will have the ultimate question answered.

Last edited by bluefish; 03/12/24.

The way life should be.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

I just don't get it.

People go to hell because they/we are sinners myself included. God is good and loving but don't forget that he is also righteous. God desires that no one go to hell but He didn't make robots, we have free will. Thats why He sent his Son to die on a cross. Jesus took the punishment WE had coming and thus we can be forgiven by just believing and excepting that forgiveness. You ask if God is loving, well would you send your own son to die for someone else...
There's an old saying that people have to step over Jesus dead body to get to hell.

Last edited by Dons99; 03/12/24.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Well said Dons99, I remember that saying

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
One of the first things I'm going to ask God when I get to heaven is why does he allow priests to molest innocent young children who are sent to church so as to learn about God and to become good Christians? I'm also going to ask why God deliberately made people, knowing that to the best of their abilities after examining all the evidence and being completely honest about it, that they would fail to believe that he exists, and then punishing them by sending them to hell because they fail to believe, when he himself was negligent by making them that way? Unlike other members on this forum, unless God has a pretty good answer to these two questions, I'm not going to want to spend much time with him in heaven...until he changes his ways.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Yes. Absolutely. He has done great things in my life. I have been very blessed by him.

IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Yes, I do.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No. I grew up catholic and now as an adult I realized the line of crap they indoctrinated us with.

living the good life every day
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Such as?

The way life should be.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I believe that was a reference to doubt in the mind and the heart not a literal mountain but you did understand that right?

My point exactly. That's why I don't believe in all the heaven and hell stuff. If the bible is true, it's written where we cannot comprehend everything it says. Or it's just not true. I have not been smart enough to figure it out. I just know I would never want to be on the streets of gold while others in the world are burning in a hell. That is just ridiculous to think that is truth. If it is truth, then God is bad. I don't believe that if God is real, he is bad. I hope he would be a good and great God or nothing at all.

The biblical version of god is a huge disappointment - not sure why anybody would want to worship something like that. Luckily there's no reason to believe any of it to be true.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
One of the first things I'm going to ask God when I get to heaven is why does he allow priests to molest innocent young children who are sent to church so as to learn about God and to become good Christians? I'm also going to ask why God deliberately made people, knowing that to the best of their abilities after examining all the evidence and being completely honest about it, that they would fail to believe that he exists, and then punishing them by sending them to hell because they fail to believe, when he himself was negligent by making them that way? Unlike other members on this forum, unless God has a pretty good answer to these two questions, I'm not going to want to spend much time with him in heaven...until he changes his ways.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One thing I want to add is that I'm not against religion. And I'm not trying to change anybody's mind about how they believe. Unless it's Joel Oldsteen type shiit and he's stealing your money. He's nothing but a fugging thief. I think religion does a lot of good and teaches people to be good. But if you think I'm going to trust a priest or a preacher to be alone with my kids, hell no! Just saying...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Most people that wait till the 11th hour to find God die at 10:30.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

You won’t get the opportunity to “ask” him anything with that mindset.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
SOMETHING created the universe. It cannot have created itself. The nature of that creator is open to debate and much mystery.
The problem with that argument is that if something must have created the universe, then something must have also created God. So there must be another God to create the first God, and so it goes on and on.

The problem with this argument is there is no evidence that the universe was created, the Possibly exists that it has always existed .

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

And gravity. it cannot be seen or adequately explained. It just is and without it nothing works.

Building any army of strawmen?
Not really

We can measure wind. We can measure gravity. How do you measure God?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 13 of 64 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,832
Posts18,478,032
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.