Hop To
Page 14 of 64 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 63 64
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
No. I grew up catholic and now as an adult I realized the line of crap they indoctrinated us with.

I realized this in 4th grade.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Most people that wait till the 11th hour to find God die at 10:30.
Another zealot.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killahog
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
SOMETHING created the universe. It cannot have created itself. The nature of that creator is open to debate and much mystery.
The problem with that argument is that if something must have created the universe, then something must have also created God. So there must be another God to create the first God, and so it goes on and on.

The problem with this argument is there is no evidence that the universe was created, the Possibly exists that it has always existed .

You ever hear of the first and second law of thermal dynamics?

Last edited by Ringman; 03/12/24.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by tdoyka
And where does evidence of logic emanate from?

"Objective truth refers to information or statements that correspond to reality independent of individual perspectives, emotions, or biases. It remains constant regardless of who observes or interprets it. The concept finds its roots in logic and empirical evidence, emphasizing the necessity of verifiable and repeatable facts.

Objective truth doesn’t waver based on personal opinions or cultural norms; rather, it remains steadfast and unchanging."

as i said 2 + 2 = 4. if you have 2 apples and you add another 2 apples, how many apples do you have? 4

hold a ball at shoulder length, turn your hand over and let the ball go. what happens? the ball falls down to the floor.

each of these cases always come to the truth. now if you were outside in space and turn your hand over and let the ball go, it will probably stay there. why? you changed locations. on Earth, the ball will fall. in space, the ball will stay there.

if you are in space and you have 2 apples and then you add another 2 apples, you have 4 apples.

Objective truth emanates from something beyond humanity. Such things are by their nature eternal. An absolute if you will. This points to intelligent design and the only one that can be is God. As for believing it is an article of faith.

Buuuuullshìt.

Let’s hear your contra argument then. If objective truth is not man made then it is made by something else is it not?

In the end each of us will have the ultimate question answered.

2 rocks plus 2 rocks is 4 rocks. No one "made" it so, it just is.

Zeus, no Zeus, Quetzalcóatl, no Quetzalcóatl, Man, no man, makes no difference, it just is.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/12/24.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I believe in God.

Christians are supposed to tell non believers about God's saving grace. I've yet to understand why this upsets some people so much. Listen, believe it, don't believe it, ignore it, make fun of those who profess the truth, whatever. Just understand that is what we are tasked with doing. It isn't meant to offend or insult unbelievers, it is simply our job.

And when some commie climate twit preaches at you you will be fine with that, what about sitting there listening to biden or the gay brigade.

Same thing sport...it is intrusive and fucking annoying having some control freak telling me how to think.
At that point, I am commanded to dust off my feet and move on. Your blood will not be on my hands.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have Faith and I believe in God and Jesus, my Lord and Savior! AMEN

KB

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Dons99
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
I just know I would never want to be on the streets of gold while others in the world are burning in a hell. That is just ridiculous to think that is truth. If it is truth, then God is bad. I don't believe that if God is real, he is bad. I hope he would be a good and great God or nothing at all.

This is what causes me not to believe. How could any God with all his forgiveness and love be such a prick and send people to hell just because they didn't believe in him?
I just don't get it.

I'm glad so many of you have such deep faith. But my brain just isnt wired that way.
People go to hell because they/we are sinners myself included. God is good and loving but don't forget that he is also righteous. God desires that no one go to hell but He didn't make robots, we have free will. Thats why He sent his Son to die on a cross. Jesus took the punishment WE had coming and thus we can be forgiven by just believing and excepting that forgiveness. You ask if God is loving, well would you send your own son to die for someone else...
There's an old saying that people have to step over Jesus dead body to get to hell.

The Jews would pile their sins upon a goat and kill it for forgiveness, the Christians said, "Hold my beer".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
At that point, I am commanded to dust off my feet and move on. Your blood will not be on my hands.

Somewhat arrogant to think you have a monopoly on belief.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
One of the first things I'm going to ask God when I get to heaven is why does he allow priests to molest innocent young children who are sent to church so as to learn about God and to become good Christians? I'm also going to ask why God deliberately made people, knowing that to the best of their abilities after examining all the evidence and being completely honest about it, that they would fail to believe that he exists, and then punishing them by sending them to hell because they fail to believe, when he himself was negligent by making them that way? Unlike other members on this forum, unless God has a pretty good answer to these two questions, I'm not going to want to spend much time with him in heaven...until he changes his ways.

You won’t get the opportunity to “ask” him anything with that mindset.
I believe that God will reward me for having the courage to confront him about the wrongs that have happened to people who should not have been wronged. I also think that this is a test by God, and that most of you will fail that test because you are so concerned about yourself and going to heaven, that you deliberately choose to ignore the wrongs in the name of self-preservation. This is a sign of weakness on your part. So perhaps, it will be you and some of the others on this forum who won't get the opportunity to be with God, and I will be one of the "chosen" ones.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I believe in God.

Christians are supposed to tell non believers about God's saving grace. I've yet to understand why this upsets some people so much. Listen, believe it, don't believe it, ignore it, make fun of those who profess the truth, whatever. Just understand that is what we are tasked with doing. It isn't meant to offend or insult unbelievers, it is simply our job.

And when some commie climate twit preaches at you you will be fine with that, what about sitting there listening to biden or the gay brigade.

Same thing sport...it is intrusive and fucking annoying having some control freak telling me how to think.

Typical Christian evangelist, ending with a passive-aggressive threat.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
One of the first things I'm going to ask God when I get to heaven is why does he allow priests to molest innocent young children who are sent to church so as to learn about God and to become good Christians? I'm also going to ask why God deliberately made people, knowing that to the best of their abilities after examining all the evidence and being completely honest about it, that they would fail to believe that he exists, and then punishing them by sending them to hell because they fail to believe, when he himself was negligent by making them that way? Unlike other members on this forum, unless God has a pretty good answer to these two questions, I'm not going to want to spend much time with him in heaven...until he changes his ways.

You won’t get the opportunity to “ask” him anything with that mindset.
I believe that God will reward me for having the courage to confront him about the wrongs that have happened to people who should not have been wronged. I also think that this is a test by God, and that most of you will fail that test because you are so concerned about yourself and going to heaven, that you deliberately choose to ignore the wrongs in the name of self-preservation. This is a sign of weakness on your part. So perhaps, it will be you and some of the others on this forum who won't get the opportunity to be with God, and I will be one of the "chosen" ones.

If a just god exists, Hell is filled with cowardly sycophants.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
"The Jews would pile their sins upon a goat and kill it for forgiveness, the Christians said, "Hold my beer"."

Christians didn't kill Christ, God the Father willingly sent him to die on a cross because of his love for us.

The most well known verse in all the bible explains it...John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

As I said in a earlier post God didn't make us robots, we all have free will to love Him, hate Him, believe Him, ignore Him or rebel against Him. He gave us that choice

Last edited by Dons99; 03/12/24.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
"The Jews would pile their sins upon a goat and kill it for forgiveness, the Christians said, "Hold my beer"."

Christians didn't kill Christ, God the Father willingly sent him to die on a cross because of his love for us.

The most well known verse in all the bible explains it...John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
As I said in a earlier post God didn't make us robots, we all have free will to love Him, hate Him, believe Him, ignore Him or rebel against Him. He gave us that choice

Yessir.

Misuse of free will by the human animal is responsible for just about every malady in the world, past and present.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I do not. What I do believe is that human beings are genetically predisposed to believe in a God, some more than than others and this is why some cannot fathom that the possibility exists that God does not exist.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
One thing is an ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY, we are all going to find out in the end. Some of us sooner than others.

I know there are angles and nobody can convince me otherwise, and since there are angles, there is God.

AMEN!

KB

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by killahog
I do not. What I do believe is that human beings are genetically predisposed to believe in a God, some more than than others and this is why some cannot fathom that the possibility exists that God does not exist.

As you non believers so often are fond of saying, prove it.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"As For Me And my house, we will serve the Lord."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

More likely it's was like a Hellenistic period version of "Mad Men" brainstorming how to market their new religion.

"Hey I know, no more killing goats! Instead of the magic blood of goats or first born human sons, our religions will be powered by the blood of Gods Son. That's way cooler than goats blood, and best of all, no more religious killing of goats. It's a built in tax break!"

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by KillerBee
One thing is an ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY, we are all going to find out in the end. Some of us sooner than others.

I know there are angles and nobody can convince me otherwise, and since there are angles, there is God.

AMEN!

That seems like a pretty obtuse answer.

How do angles prove God?

Can you measure him with a protractor?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Look up John Newton. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 14 of 64 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1_deuce, 257_X_50, 222Sako, 2500HD, 257 mag, 1minute, 62 invisible), 2,589 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,562
Posts18,473,169
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.