Hop To
Page 16 of 64 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 63 64
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by Dons99
Christians didn't kill Christ, God the Father willingly sent him to die on a cross because of his love for us.

Please explain how sending your only son to his death is a sign of love?

And how it's in any way moral?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Yes , without any doubt .

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
One thing is an ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY, we are all going to find out in the end. Some of us sooner than others.

I know there are angles and nobody can convince me otherwise, and since there are angles, there is God.

AMEN!

That seems like a pretty obtuse answer.

How do angles prove God?

Can you measure him with a protractor?

I believe and have faith, that one can not exist without the other.

I am not a bible thumper, I have no desire to convince anybody of anything.

Faith is a personal decision, you either have it or you do not. I grew up in a household of atheists, my remaining family members are still atheists, and I have no issues with that.

Bee,

An angle is a figure formed by two straight lines or rays that meet at a common endpoint. Hence the reason your answer was obtuse....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
One thing is an ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY, we are all going to find out in the end. Some of us sooner than others.

I know there are angles and nobody can convince me otherwise, and since there are angles, there is God.

AMEN!

How do angles prove God?

Faith is a personal decision, you either have it or you do not. I grew up in a household of atheists, my remaining family members are still atheists, and I have no issues with that.

Bee,

An angle is a figure formed by two straight lines or rays that meet at a common endpoint. Hence the reason your answer was obtuse....

So, in your pea brain, if someone spells angel rong, that means they're ain't no Gawd, rite?

Figgers. smile

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/12/24.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
If Trump and the Military Patriots and Founders and Q believe in GOD that's good enough for me.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
I don't. I was raised Catholic because of my Mom, at around age 14 we could make our own decision. Both of my sisters did the same thing. My Father a retired Earth scientist has always been an atheist. My first day in catechism, which I believe was in fourth grade. The teacher started telling the story of Noah's Ark. Even at that age I thought this is a bunch of bullshit! smile My Father never ever influenced me and I didn't know about his beliefs until 16-17 years old. My folks are both 88 and are Highschool sweethearts and have been married 69 years. My Father has always supported her on everything.

I doesn't bother me that People practice religion. It's just extremely upsetting of the devious side of it. Alway's wondered how many members feel the same.
You may not believe in God now but soon enough you will, all atheists and professing unbelievers become instant believers one second after their spirit is recalled. As a matter of fact your own words will convict you when you stand before that uncreated Being who today desires to be your Savior but then will be your Judge. What an awful thought to have a chance of salvation and not only rejected it but boast of rejecting it and then throughout eternity being tormented not only by the flames of lake of fire but by the lost opportunities of being saved. I pity you my friend.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
If Trump and the Military Patriots and Founders and Q believe in GOD that's good enough for me.

Jag, how many here have you called non-believers without knowing a damn thing about their personal lives?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by duke61
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
I don't. I was raised Catholic because of my Mom, at around age 14 we could make our own decision. Both of my sisters did the same thing. My Father a retired Earth scientist has always been an atheist. My first day in catechism, which I believe was in fourth grade. The teacher started telling the story of Noah's Ark. Even at that age I thought this is a bunch of bullshit! smile My Father never ever influenced me and I didn't know about his beliefs until 16-17 years old. My folks are both 88 and are Highschool sweethearts and have been married 69 years. My Father has always supported her on everything.

I doesn't bother me that People practice religion. It's just extremely upsetting of the devious side of it. Alway's wondered how many members feel the same.
You may not believe in God now but soon enough you will, all atheists and professing unbelievers become instant believers one second after their spirit is recalled. As a matter of fact your own words will convict you when you stand before that uncreated Being who today desires to be your Savior but then will be your Judge. What an awful thought to have a chance of salvation and not only rejected it but boast of rejecting it and then throughout eternity being tormented not only by the flames of lake of fire but by the lost opportunities of being saved. I pity you my friend.

I'll get right on that

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Christians didn't kill Christ, God the Father willingly sent him to die on a cross because of his love for us.

Dude, you're using up my bandwidth. I'll give you the verse again...

John 3:16 For God so LOVED the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

And this,
Romans 5:8-10
But God demonstrates his own LOVE for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

John 3:16 For God so LOVED the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

And this,
But God demonstrates his own LOVE for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!

If God can do anything then why did he need to give up his son so others could have everlasting life?
He accomplished absolutely nothing by allowing his own son to die.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There’s an enormous difference in believing in God and believing God.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
D

It is. What it is all about is much more than what's obvious. The problem, well, I'm probably going to sound like a jerk to you, but that truly is not my intention. The problem is that it would take several pages to explain it, and you still wouldn't understand it, because your heart is closed to it. No explanation would satisfy you, unless you were open to it.

It's like love. Think of some woman, politician, actress, anyone, that you despise. There is nothing anyone can say or do that would make you love her, unless you wanted to. It's the same with God, unless you open your heart, the Bible will just be a book of nonsense.

Now, I was raised, and still am a Catholic, although I attend a different church. And, there was a lot they didn't explain, I've learned a lot more on my own, but that doesn't make them wrong, in fact, I've been thinking I should go back.

Now, as far as God, Jesus' sacrifice, Heaven and Hell go, there is way more going on than you will ever learn by simply reading the Bible, and there is a tremendous amount of symbolism in it, it's not a scientific journal with everything spelled out. And the context it was written in is pretty much all lost to us unless we do a lot of additional reading. There's a lot of additional material written at the same time as the Bible, that was left out. And without that material to reference, there's a lot of the Bible that doesn't make sense.

So, Jesus' sacrifice on the cross isn't just about God's love for us, it's also about a much larger spiritual battle being played out. It's complicated, and I don't completely understand it, but I accept it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You're asking a very complicated question that I may not not be able to answer to your satisfaction.
The God of the bible is a triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God the father sent his son Jesus the Christ to die on a cross to reconcile human kind back into a right relationship with him. This was the plan from the beginning that God the son would be born of a virgin, live a sinless life and be crucified. Jesus was in full accordance with this, Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” So with that being said it wasn't a matter of morals but a matter of sacrifice and love.

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

AMEN!

How do angles prove God?

Bee,

So, in your pea brain, if someone spells angel rong, that means they're ain't no Gawd, rite?

Figgers. smile

I thought you converted to a new religion are are now a disciple of Q.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

And this,

Why the need for the blood, torture, and human sacrifice?

If He's God he could skip all of that a move straight to Grace.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

And this,

If God can do anything then why did he need to give up his son so others could have everlasting life?
He accomplished absolutely nothing by allowing his own son to die.
Your questions could take hours but I'll do my best.
God CAN do anything but again He made us in his own image, meaning intellectual thought with free will, not living purely by instinct like animals or without emotions or thought like a robot. When we sinned it broke the relationship with God but God loves us enough to want us brought back into a right relationship with him. If he had made us like robots there would be no relationship whatsoever. Just pull the string and we say "I love you, I love you, etc". But with free will there can be love and goodness but also rebellion and sin. Because of sin and rebellion this was necessary,
But God demonstrates his own LOVE for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by his blood.

Now to the accomplishment. Adam and Eve were created to live forever but God warned them if they sinned they would surely die. Well they did sin and then tried to hide or cover themselves with fig leaves. When God saw this the fig leaves were taken away and the first animal was killed to "cover" their sin. So the sacrificial system was started. In the book of Hebrews it says that "without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin". And also says "For the law, being a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect". Meaning the sacrifices were only temporary and did not accomplish the reconciliation of God and man. Only a perfect/sinless sacrifice could do that, enter Jesus, the Lamb of God. Not only did He live a perfect life but he laid it down willingly to pay the penalty for our sin. So the accomplishment was the removal of our sin for those who believe and ask so we can go back into a right relationship with God and The Resurrection is proof that we will spend eternity with him.

Last edited by Dons99; 03/12/24.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

And this,

Please read my response to Snowwolf, it might answer some of these questions and thanks for asking I might get to skip my Bible study Wednesday lol

Last edited by Dons99; 03/12/24.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

And this,

So the most innocent one could suffer the ultimate pain and disgrace so that HIS suffering and blood could atone for your sins and shortcomings. There was a price to be paid for your salvation to be avaliable, whether you reject it or not.

HE suffered and died knowing many would not appreciate His greatest efforts in order to give them the greatest gift of all. HIS blood was so clean it could wash away your most evil transgressions if you only asked.

Should he have given HIS blood to any for free? HIS cleansing blood was the most precious in the world and HE only asked you a pittance for it.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

And this,

So the most innocent one could suffer the ultimate pain and disgrace so that HIS suffering and blood could atone for your sins and shortcomings. There was a price to be paid for your salvation to be avaliable, whether you reject it or not.

HE suffered and died knowing many would not appreciate His greatest efforts in order to give them the greatest gift of all. HIS blood was so clean it could wash away your most evil transgressions if you only asked.

Should he have given HIS blood to any for free? HIS cleansing blood was the most precious in the world and HE only asked you a pittance for it.
It wasn't nearly as much suffering for Jesus as it would be for a normal person. He had full knowledge that it wasn't really the end for him and that he was merely passing from one place to another. In the new place he would be worshipped, respected for evermore. Sure, there was some temporary pain, but he knew he would transcend all that.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Sheesh. TF
Like you know what it's like being crucified.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/12/24.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 16 of 64 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (35, 21, 358wsm, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 10Glocks, 16 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 900 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,945
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.