Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I believe in God.

Christians are supposed to tell non believers about God's saving grace. I've yet to understand why this upsets some people so much. Listen, believe it, don't believe it, ignore it, make fun of those who profess the truth, whatever. Just understand that is what we are tasked with doing. It isn't meant to offend or insult unbelievers, it is simply our job.

And when some commie climate twit preaches at you you will be fine with that, what about sitting there listening to biden or the gay brigade.

Same thing sport...it is intrusive and fucking annoying having some control freak telling me how to think.
At that point, I am commanded to dust off my feet and move on. Your blood will not be on my hands.

Typical Christian evangelist, ending with a passive-aggressive threat.

There is no threat. I was only answering his question and trying to explain my position.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RHOD
I keep hearing Jesus died for our sins. But, then he came back to life just a few days later. So wouldn’t it be more accurate to say, Jesus had a really bad weekend for our sins?
Careful my friend, this is what God says about people that make light of his Son dying for us and count it as nothing. "Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us." Hebrews 10:29

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is it not something extraordinary that the same exact dynamic is at play here in this tiny venue, as it was during Jesus's time?

You would think after 2024 years, mankind would have learned a couple three things.....

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have met two types of people who believe in god
The first group believes in god due to fear. They are always predicting about non believers going to hell for eternity. Saying you believe just because you want to go to heaven isn’t believing.
Group two are the ones who have to quote scriptures from the Bible because they don’t have the ability to formulate an opinion of their own.

Living in the Bible Belt in Tennessee has taught me how unkind most people are in the name of god. You either attend their particular church or they thumb their nose at you. Doesn’t matter if the church is the same denomination or not.

Parts of me admire people who have blind faith in god. The way my brain is wired I will remain a non believer until a sign from god convinces me to do otherwise.
I will not fake a belief.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
The first group believes in god due to fear. They are always predicting about non believers going to hell for eternity. Saying you believe just because you want to go to heaven isn’t believing.
Group two are the ones who have to quote scriptures from the Bible because they don’t have the ability to formulate an opinion of their own.

Living in the Bible Belt in Tennessee has taught me how unkind most people are in the name of god. You either attend their particular church or they thumb their nose at you. Doesn’t matter if the church is the same denomination or not.

Parts of me admire people who have blind faith in god. The way my brain is wired I will remain a non believer until a sign from god convinces me to do otherwise.

Rather than looking for a sign, you may not even recognize when it comes, why not just read the scriptures for yourself and formulate your own opinion? Regardless of the flaws of human nature that twist scripture to its own purposes, it seems to me arrogant to dismiss what millions of people have held sacred for thousands of years to seek your own proof on your own terms.

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I was born and raised in the Bible Belt about an hour and a half north of you. I gots stories!

Those two views are definitely predominant in that region and less so but still a strong influence in other regions that I’ve lived in.

I agree with the first type that you defined. The second type is accurate but I think that its origin can be better defined.

I believe the strongest influences on the second group to be the isolation of the Scot Irish on the early frontier, the need to survive having a higher priority than education and the plague of circuit riding preachers that preached a brutal moralism. Those influences are still strong in that region and regions to where those (my) folk moved and they mold and shape people but not always in good ways.

Those influences and mentalities impacted me in a very negative way. However, I didn’t move away from faith although my faith was deeply challenged. Rather, those influences pushed me to understand the factors that had formed me so that I could look to see if there was truth.

Those are not the only representations of Christianity and Christian’s though. There is another but I’d like to think of how to define it in with proper context.

Last edited by IZH27; 03/13/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Quote "It wasn't nearly as much suffering for Jesus as it would be for a normal person. He had full knowledge that it wasn't really the end for him and that he was merely passing from one place to another. In the new place he would be worshipped, respected for evermore. Sure, there was some temporary pain, but he knew he would transcend all that."

Jesus knew exactly what He was going to go through, thats why the night before his crucifixion we get these accounts, Matthew 26:39 And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” and Luke 22:44 And being in agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat became as it were great drops of blood falling down upon the ground.
He was not just going to die a physical death, He was going to have ALL the sin of the world be put upon Him, because only He could pay the price from times before to all time after and all this while being separated from the Father...
Also let's not forget that he was beaten beyond measure before all this happened, this is Isaiah's description 52:14 Just as there were many who were appalled at him[c]—
his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being
and his form marred beyond human likeness—and 53:2-5 He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

Last edited by Dons99; 03/13/24.

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Absolutely, I do.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by tdoyka
And where does evidence of logic emanate from?

"Objective truth refers to information or statements that correspond to reality independent of individual perspectives, emotions, or biases. It remains constant regardless of who observes or interprets it. The concept finds its roots in logic and empirical evidence, emphasizing the necessity of verifiable and repeatable facts.

Objective truth doesn’t waver based on personal opinions or cultural norms; rather, it remains steadfast and unchanging."

as i said 2 + 2 = 4. if you have 2 apples and you add another 2 apples, how many apples do you have? 4

hold a ball at shoulder length, turn your hand over and let the ball go. what happens? the ball falls down to the floor.

each of these cases always come to the truth. now if you were outside in space and turn your hand over and let the ball go, it will probably stay there. why? you changed locations. on Earth, the ball will fall. in space, the ball will stay there.

if you are in space and you have 2 apples and then you add another 2 apples, you have 4 apples.

Objective truth emanates from something beyond humanity. Such things are by their nature eternal. An absolute if you will. This points to intelligent design and the only one that can be is God. As for believing it is an article of faith.

Buuuuullshìt.

Let’s hear your contra argument then. If objective truth is not man made then it is made by something else is it not?

In the end each of us will have the ultimate question answered.

2 rocks plus 2 rocks is 4 rocks. No one "made" it so, it just is.

Zeus, no Zeus, Quetzalcóatl, no Quetzalcóatl, Man, no man, makes no difference, it just is.

So, existence? And what is the causal agent of existence?
Agent is a loaded word.
Why is there existance vs non existance?
We don't know.

It is not a loaded term in the least. When you shoot your deer in the fall you are the causal agent of its death. There is in fact a causal agent to existence. You claimed above 2+2=4 because it just is to which I challenged you to elaborate and explain your claim. The nonsensical answer you provided doesn’t do that so try again. There is a causal agent to the everything both man made things and non-manmade things.

The way life should be.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just some rambling thoughts from the back of the room......

This is no more or no less complicated than the basic struggle between good and evil. God is good, Satan is evil, end of story. And the influences of either are easily seen by anyone with even half a lick of sense. Why anyone would live their lives with an adamant rejection of good is just beyond me.

We spend our lives mistreating ourselves, each other, this planet and all that's in it, and we mistreat our Creator. Not one of us deserves God's grace, yet, with a simple sincere plea for forgiveness, He gives it.

It's a little late to continue to be torn up about the first coming of Christ. Mankind has been given many second chances, and have royally screwed it up each and every time.

The real concern should be the second coming of Christ, because as promised, when that happens, God will take His believers home in one fell swoop, the non-believers will be left to Satan, and this world will cease to exist. Like it or not, since Jesus died on that cross, we are currently living through our one last chance.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Hold on there big guy, let me say I use bible verses because first they are the word of God and I don't want to misquote Him and second if I give you my opinion you will just say " well that's your opinion". I can give you my opinion all day long and it doesn't mean squat because I don't make the rules but if I give you the word of God then your argument is with Him not me, and He's a big boy so go ahead and ask, complain, or protest, many have in the bible.

And yes you are right about believers fearing God because He warns us to. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" also "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.
Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

With that being said God is good, kind, patient, and righteous also saying in Romans 2:4 "Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?"

On your last note, yes Christians including myself can be azzholes but that's part of the human condition and I really do try my best. And you were right not to try and fake anything because God will call those people out on the last day.

Last edited by Dons99; 03/13/24.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

You missed the most common type of believer, of which the Fire has many, like those who believe and rarely if ever say anything to give you a clue and never quote any scripture and do so as to not make waves. They'd just as soon you go to hell in peace or don't want to ruffle feathers, I suppose. Ha, many fear upsetting someone or making an enemy and turning someone who doesn't believe against GOD. Ha, they don't want to turn someone against GOD who is going to hell. GOD said your blood will be on their hands. HE said those who acknowledge JESUS CHRIST will be so done in return in front of The Father.

The signs from Heaven are all around you. None are so blind as those who would not see.

Dogs and donkeys and shrimp and the heathen contemplate them not.

Your very life is a blessing from GOD, yet you contemplate that not.

HE said, Let there be light, and the spark of life occurred which your gods can not create.

The spark of light that occurs when a spermatozoa penetrates a human egg.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]how to print screen on pc

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[url=https://postimages

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/13/24.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I believe in God.

Christians are supposed to tell non believers about God's saving grace. I've yet to understand why this upsets some people so much. Listen, believe it, don't believe it, ignore it, make fun of those who profess the truth, whatever. Just understand that is what we are tasked with doing. It isn't meant to offend or insult unbelievers, it is simply our job.

And when some commie climate twit preaches at you you will be fine with that, what about sitting there listening to biden or the gay brigade.

Same thing sport...it is intrusive and fucking annoying having some control freak telling me how to think.
At that point, I am commanded to dust off my feet and move on. Your blood will not be on my hands.
question?? Why defend your position? Just an observation but appears that you have a savior complex and your coming across as holier than thou. Why?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
I believe in God.

question?? Why defend your position? Just an observation but appears that you have a savior complex and your coming across as holier than thou. Why?
That wasn't my intention at all. I do appreciate your observation. I've always struggled with conveying my thoughts and beliefs in a way that didn't piss people off. I'm still working on it. Got any advice to that end?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I keep hearing Jesus died for our sins. But, then he came back to life just a few days later. So wouldn’t it be more accurate to say, Jesus had a really bad weekend for our sins?

The very definition of taking the Lord's name in vain.

R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Dons99
Careful my friend, this is what God says about people that make light of his Son dying for us and count it as nothing. "Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us." Hebrews 10:29

Yeah, If there was a chance in Hell of the God of the Bible actually existing I might be worried.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
In many ways, knowing that you were going to become the most famous person on earth ever to have existed but have to suffer some pain for several days, would be better than just living for years as a vegetable in an old person's care facility and never being anything or anyone. And then there's the years of pain that some of these victims of child sex abuse by priests suffer (that God has allowed to happen), before it gets too much for them with some committing suicide...I'd much rather go through a crucifixion as Jesus and suffer for just a few days.

God is not letting it happen as you say. God is not sitting in Heaven micromanaging the earth. God has given the earth to man for a time period. Man is letting all those evils happen while God pleads with him not to. When the time of man is over God will again take ownership and rid the world of that evil you say he is now allowing.

Ever since God gave the earth to Adam God has needed to use a man to accomplish anything he wanted done. God had to use all the saints and prophets to speak and accomplish his will in the earth. Go back and read the scriptures with this knowledge and you can see how God did nothing without a man.
So God is not micromanaging earth and has given the earth to man for a time period...therefore he doesn't intervene and stop the priests sexually abusing children who go to church to learn about God and to be good Christians. Yet, there are plenty of examples of where God does intervene, such as where a tribe of people worship some other "idol" in which case he states such when known quotes as "I will execute great vengeance upon thee, rebuking them in my fury, and they shall know that I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon them". Why is he so selective about "intervening", unless sexually abused children by priests don't matter but someone else not worshiping Him does matter?

Last edited by Riflehunter; 03/13/24.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dons99
Another threat by God...behavior that isn't tolerated in a modern world, but it's ok for God to do it.

R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx

You missed the most common type of believer, of which the Fire has many, like those who believe and rarely if ever say anything to give you a clue and never quote any scripture and do so as to not make waves. They'd just as soon you go to hell in peace or don't want to ruffle feathers, I suppose. Ha, many fear upsetting someone or making an enemy and turning someone who doesn't believe against GOD. Ha, they don't want to turn someone against GOD who is going to hell. GOD said your blood will be on their hands. HE said those who acknowledge JESUS CHRIST will be so done in return in front of The Father.

The signs from Heaven are all around you. None are so blind as those who would not see.

Dogs and donkeys and shrimp and the heathen contemplate them not.

Your very life is a blessing from GOD, yet you contemplate that not.

HE said, Let there be light, and the spark of life occurred which your gods can not create.

The spark of light that occurs when a spermatozoa penetrates a human egg.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]how to print screen on pc

[url=https://postimages

I fail to see how your not understanding light is proof of God.

Last edited by RHOD; 03/13/24.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Why don't some of you strong defenders of God's disgusting behavior or lack of intervention when appropriate, be strong enough to call him out and tell him he needs to lift his game? He needs to change.

Page 18 of 64 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, akpls, AKislander, Akhutr, 450yukon, 12 invisible), 1,542 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,535
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.