Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Why don't some of you strong defenders of God's disgusting behavior or lack of intervention when appropriate, be strong enough to call him out and tell him he needs to lift his game? He needs to change.
This is an interesting question. For exploration, please post the documented list of disgusting behaviors by God, and the instances where God was required to intervene and did not. Thank you.
Well, I just gave two examples, perhaps you can start answering those instead of arrogantly asking me to prepare a long list.
I did not ask for a long list, but rather asked you to document God's disgusting behaviors in a list - even one example is a listing. I don't see a single such example in the above post. If you identified even one documented disgusting behavior, please re-post it. Same request for a required intervention that was not conducted. Thanks.
See my above post.
This is your "above post'': "Another threat by God...behavior that isn't tolerated in a modern world, but it's ok for God to do it." So - it is your position that a threat by God is disgusting behavior. Is that because you think that threats are not tolerated in your modern world? Or are you dodging the request to document what you label as God's "disgusting behaviors"?
My above post states: There's a subtle difference between telling God how to behave, and calling him out for intervening and executing with great vengeance a community should a tribe of people worship a false idol (that is, something that is not God) and then failing to take action when priests habitually sexually molest young innocent children who are attempting to worship God.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's also rather bizarre that God knowingly made some people so that when those same people, to the very best of their abilities and with total honesty, come to an incorrect conclusion about God's existence, he punishes them by sending them to eternal hell. These are people who are not exercising any choice in believing or not believing, they have carefully thought about the question, have examined the evidence, acted with total honesty, and their brain generates the answer. The answer that their brain generates is that they don't think there is a god. Yet God punishes those people in the most severe manner possible. To me, that is a punishment completely out of proportion to the "crime"... if there is a crime at all. This is poor behavior by God.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's also rather bizarre that God knowingly made some people so that when those same people, to the very best of their abilities and with total honesty, come to an incorrect conclusion about God's existence, he punishes them by sending them to eternal hell. These are people who are not exercising any choice in believing or not believing, they have carefully thought about the question, have examined the evidence, acted with total honesty, and their brain generates the answer. The answer that their brain generates is that they don't think there is a god. Yet God punishes those people in the most severe manner possible. To me, that is a punishment completely out of proportion to the "crime"... if there is a crime at all. This is poor behavior by God.

God gave free will.
You are free to believe of not believe.

Again, surrender and be obedient.

Your a thinker, you know this. We see this.
If you don't believe, than you should not care of what a God, that you don't believe in will do or not do. The fact that you continue to find "reasons" to not believe, shows, at some unknown level to you, but known to us believers, that the Holy Spirit is speaking to you. The question is, will you surrender and seek, or seek to prove your already made up human mind. You spirit mind, is still on the fence.

I choose to believe, so I care about my souls and the souls of others ; believers are not.

I hold not grudge or judgment against non believers.

I hope my life and blessings I have and the sufferings God has brought me through shows others that being obedient works.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler

God gave free will.

If you don't believe, than you should not care of what a God, that you don't believe in will do or not do. The fact that you continue to find "reasons" to not believe, shows, at some unknown level to you, but known to us believers, that the Holy Spirit is speaking to you. The question is, will you surrender and seek, or seek to prove your already made up human mind. You spirit mind, is still on the fence.

I choose to believe, so I care about my souls and the souls of others ; believers are not.

I hope my life and blessings I have and the sufferings God has brought me through shows others that being obedient works.
Funny because I was stubborn and hard headed. Went through a lot and God finally said "had enough?" I said absolutely and when I look back at those times and events they were perfectly orchestrated to bring me to the end of myself. Praise Jesus!

Last edited by Dons99; 03/13/24.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why don't some of you strong defenders of God's disgusting behavior or lack of intervention when appropriate, be strong enough to call him out and tell him he needs to lift his game? He needs to change.
This is an interesting question. For exploration, please post the documented list of disgusting behaviors by God, and the instances where God was required to intervene and did not. Thank you.
Well, I just gave two examples, perhaps you can start answering those instead of arrogantly asking me to prepare a long list.
I did not ask for a long list, but rather asked you to document God's disgusting behaviors in a list - even one example is a listing. I don't see a single such example in the above post. If you identified even one documented disgusting behavior, please re-post it. Same request for a required intervention that was not conducted. Thanks.
See my above post.
This is your "above post'': "Another threat by God...behavior that isn't tolerated in a modern world, but it's ok for God to do it." So - it is your position that a threat by God is disgusting behavior. Is that because you think that threats are not tolerated in your modern world? Or are you dodging the request to document what you label as God's "disgusting behaviors"?
My above post states: There's a subtle difference between telling God how to behave, and calling him out for intervening and executing with great vengeance a community should a tribe of people worship a false idol (that is, something that is not God) and then failing to take action when priests habitually sexually molest young innocent children who are attempting to worship God.
There is just about zero difference in that alleged "example" - whether your action is criticizing God or telling God what to do. In this thread, you give every appearance of being a gross hypocrite. You write about "disgusting behavior" by God and you also say that God does not intervene properly in human matters. However, you will not (or maybe can not) cite a single documented example of either alleged transgression by God.

Those are your claims - your terms - and you in no way have supported them. That, in itself, could be seen as disgusting. Were your claims honestly stated? If so, demonstrate that. Otherwise - hypocrisy.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fishnpbr
Originally Posted by Feral_American

Some of you just need to read a Bible, AND comprehend it.

The answers to all your questions are in there.

Do you believe everything you read?

Posts on the Campfire?

No.

You?

Probably not.

The Bible?

Absolutely......

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Actually now, who are these "some people" and how do you truly know the sincerity and fullness of their efforts? How have you determined that with accuracy? Or, are you merely stating a hypothetical as if it were real - and then trying to criticize God on such a flimsy basis? Or, are those cited "people" actually you? Is there any substance at all in your post?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's also rather bizarre that God knowingly made some people so that when those same people, to the very best of their abilities and with total honesty, come to an incorrect conclusion about God's existence, he punishes them by sending them to eternal hell.

God knowingly made you, then gave you free will. God does not control you or what you do, unless, you give yourself over and LET HIM LEAD you through life. You'd still be a sinner, simply because you're an undeserving human being with free will just like the rest of us, but at least you'd know the path to salvation and His Grace.

This is obviously too simple to understand for some people......

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I can be a mass murderer, rape a bunch of kids. Lie, cheat, and steal what I want my entire life. Then a minute before I die can tell God I accept him (and mean it) and love him and then I’ll go to heaven when I die?
Yes or no?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's also rather bizarre that God knowingly made some people so that when those same people, to the very best of their abilities and with total honesty, come to an incorrect conclusion about God's existence, he punishes them by sending them to eternal hell.

God knowingly made you, then gave you free will. God does not control you or what you do, unless, you give yourself over and LET HIM LEAD you through life. You'd still be a sinner, simply because you're an undeserving human being with free will just like the rest of us, but at least you'd know the path to salvation and His Grace.

The question whether humans have free will or not is a centuries old debate and is not resolved by you simply saying God gave us free will.
Originally Posted by Dons99

God gave free will.

Funny because I was stubborn and hard headed. Went through a lot and God finally said "had enough?" I said absolutely and when I look back at those times and events they were perfectly orchestrated to bring me to the end of myself. Praise Jesus!
I at no stage said I don't believe in God. Every post is whether God's actions or lack of action is "right" or moral, or whether we should call Him out.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Actually now, who are these "some people" and how do you truly know the sincerity and fullness of their efforts? How have you determined that with accuracy? Or, are you merely stating a hypothetical as if it were real - and then trying to criticize God on such a flimsy basis? Or, are those cited "people" actually you? Is there any substance at all in your post?
I'm not even going to reply to your post with your attitude. You denying that priests have molested innocent children and that God failed to intervene is evidence that a person can not discuss anything contrary to your view. There is no point in discussing anything with you.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I can be a mass murderer, rape a bunch of kids. Lie, cheat, and steal what I want my entire life. Then a minute before I die can tell God I accept him (and mean it) and love him and then I’ll go to heaven when I die?
Yes or no?
According to my understanding of scripture. Yes. If you ask me to explain why. I cannot. There is much I do not know, but I do know the only sin that will send you to hell is the sin of unbelief.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The question whether humans have free will or not is a centuries old debate and is not resolved by you simply saying God gave us free will.
Originally Posted by Dons99

God gave free will.

I at no stage said I don't believe in God. Every post is whether God's actions or lack of action is "right" or moral, or whether we should call Him out.
Sorry, I was just commenting to Peddlers post. Nothing directed at you.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I believe in God.

Christians are supposed to tell non believers about God's saving grace. I've yet to understand why this upsets some people so much. Listen, believe it, don't believe it, ignore it, make fun of those who profess the truth, whatever. Just understand that is what we are tasked with doing. It isn't meant to offend or insult unbelievers, it is simply our job.

And when some commie climate twit preaches at you you will be fine with that, what about sitting there listening to biden or the gay brigade.

Same thing sport...it is intrusive and fucking annoying having some control freak telling me how to think.
At that point, I am commanded to dust off my feet and move on. Your blood will not be on my hands.
question?? Why defend your position? Just an observation but appears that you have a savior complex and your coming across as holier than thou. Why?
That wasn't my intention at all. I do appreciate your observation. I've always struggled with conveying my thoughts and beliefs in a way that didn't piss people off. I'm still working on it. Got any advice to that end?
no I really don't, I fall short in my walk all the time, I think the best thing I can do is lead by example I should clarify, my observation after reading all these posts is not just you but a lot of the ones that call themselves Christians have a savior complex, holier than thou and want to past Judgement on to those of us that don't necessarily agree with your ideology, if God is who you believe and say he is let him do the convicting, saving and judging. Maybe we mortals can lead by example.
You seem sincere to me, and I sincerely appreciate your response to my question. It gives me much to think about and work on. I am a poor example, but I do feel the need to share my knowledge of God anyway.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I don't believe in the bible God that made the world in seven days and other such fantasy, but I believe in a natural higher spirit.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yes or no?
According to my understanding of scripture. Yes. If you ask me to explain why. I cannot. There is much I do not know, but I do know the only sin that will send you to hell is the sin of unbelief.
This is another example of God doing the wrong thing. Yet a person can be a hero, good person in every respect, yet he sincerely believes that there is no god....then he gets sent to Hell for eternity. By any standards, this is wrong!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can be a mass murderer, rape a bunch of kids. Lie, cheat, and steal what I want my entire life. Then a minute before I die can tell God I accept him (and mean it) and love him and then I’ll go to heaven when I die? Yes or no?
A sin is any thought or action that falls short of God’s perfection. Big or small. In one sense, it seems obvious that some sins are worse than others in both motivation and effects, and should be judged accordingly. Stealing a loaf of bread because you’re hungry is very different than raping children or committing mass murder.

At the same time, all sins…whether in thought, word, or deed…are equal in that they all separate us from God.

So whether our sins are relatively small or significantly huge, they will ALL separate us from our Creator. The good news is that Jesus paid the penalty for ALL of our sins and ALL of the sins of the whole world at His crucifixion. If we will simply accept God’s grace and mercy, and put our trust and confidence in Jesus alone, our sins will be forgiven. Period. And our Creator will not only walk through this life with us, but we can spend eternity in His presence.

It’s not that good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell. It’s that forgiven people go to heaven and unforgiven people go to hell. I think hell ultimately is to be eternally separated from God...and Heaven ultimately is to be eternally with Him.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Why don't people live happy with what they believe and STFU?

I swear, this thread is like a Vegan/Lesbian conversion session.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Most definitely

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I go with reality, or best said... Pray in one hand, schit in the other, see which hand fills up first.

Last edited by Wrapids; 03/13/24.
Page 21 of 64 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (beefan, 35, 308ld, 808outdoors, 338reddog, 7 invisible), 906 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,263
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.