Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 64 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 63 64
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Why can’t folks who deny God simply refrain from clicking on such threads?

Because the question was asked! This might bend some shorts in a kink but what if it’s the best novel ever written? Some people are willing to take the chance it was and some aren’t so to each his or her own and how about not trying to convince the others that they are wrong.

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Why don't some of you strong defenders of God's disgusting behavior or lack of intervention when appropriate, be strong enough to call him out and tell him he needs to lift his game? He needs to change.

Some of you just need to read a Bible, AND comprehend it.

The answers to all your questions are in there.

HE has to allow it for comprehension to occur.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Why don't some of you strong defenders of God's disgusting behavior or lack of intervention when appropriate, be strong enough to call him out and tell him he needs to lift his game? He needs to change.

The example of God intervening when a tribe of people worship a false idol is from the Bible and is an example of comprehending it. The example of God not intervening when priests sexually abuse children is a glaring omission from the Bible. So that constitutes full comprehension of the Bible....but it doesn't explain why some of you defenders of God's poor behavior don't call him out and show some courage.

Because we are taught to be obedient and surrender to something greater than us.
It's a hard thing to do when one thinks they are greater themselves.

I've said here earlier, hard to seek the face of God when you think you are a God.
That is the sin that Adam committed. The devil convinced him that eating the fruit would enable him (Adam) to be "as" God.

Jesus was the second Adam, As God's direct son, through a birth, his blood is the final blood to be sacrificed. Animal blood sacrifice was old testament.

I can somewhat relate to your thought of "calling God out".
My sister lost her daughter when she was 10. That is now 15 years ago.

In her words, not mine................"I am pissed at God, and He will have some questions I will need answered when I get to heaven. My job is to live a life to get to heaven to ask those questions"

Unfortunately, we all too often forget there is a devil (The world) that is here everyday to convince us "we are just like God" ---------------- The Original sin.

At the end of the day, surrender and obedience are tough words in a world that advertises "have it your way" - "you DESERVE a break today" - "you only live once" kind of crap.

I'm not expecting anyone to understand my thought process, but I will absolutely testify that joy has come to me by being obedient to the word and surrendering to the unforced rhythms of the Holy Spirit.

Great post and spot on.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/13/24.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Dons99
Quote "It wasn't nearly as much suffering for Jesus as it would be for a normal person. He had full knowledge that it wasn't really the end for him and that he was merely passing from one place to another. In the new place he would be worshipped, respected for evermore. Sure, there was some temporary pain, but he knew he would transcend all that."

Jesus knew exactly what He was going to go through, thats why the night before his crucifixion we get these accounts, Matthew 26:39 And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” and Luke 22:44 And being in agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat became as it were great drops of blood falling down upon the ground.
He was not just going to die a physical death, He was going to have ALL the sin of the world be put upon Him, because only He could pay the price from times before to all time after and all this while being separated from the Father...
Also let's not forget that he was beaten beyond measure before all this happened, this is Isaiah's description 52:14 Just as there were many who were appalled at him[c]—
his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being
and his form marred beyond human likeness—and 53:2-5 He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

This. Amen.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I have met two types of people who believe in god
The first group believes in god due to fear. They are always predicting about non believers going to hell for eternity. Saying you believe just because you want to go to heaven isn’t believing.
Group two are the ones who have to quote scriptures from the Bible because they don’t have the ability to formulate an opinion of their own.

Living in the Bible Belt in Tennessee has taught me how unkind most people are in the name of god. You either attend their particular church or they thumb their nose at you. Doesn’t matter if the church is the same denomination or not.

Parts of me admire people who have blind faith in god. The way my brain is wired I will remain a non believer until a sign from god convinces me to do otherwise.
I will not fake a belief.
Hold on there big guy, let me say I use bible verses because first they are the word of God and I don't want to misquote Him and second if I give you my opinion you will just say " well that's your opinion". I can give you my opinion all day long and it doesn't mean squat because I don't make the rules but if I give you the word of God then your argument is with Him not me, and He's a big boy so go ahead and ask, complain, or protest, many have in the bible.

And yes you are right about believers fearing God because He warns us to. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" also "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.
Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

With that being said God is good, kind, patient, and righteous also saying in Romans 2:4 "Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?"

On your last note, yes Christians including myself can be azzholes but that's part of the human condition and I really do try my best. And you were right not to try and fake anything because God will call those people out on the last day.

Truth.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
God didn't create the perfect world, he knowingly created a world which he knew was going to plunge into widespread sin. No one else had anything to do with this creation but God. And when this world did stuff-up as God knew it would because he designed it so that it would, he then punishes innocent victims (such as the priest-molested children, or those that try as they might, they reach the wrong conclusion about God) for his flawed design of the world! Oh, but I suppose a 9 year old victim of sexual abuse by the priest had free-will...so it was their fault!!!

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by gregintenn
At that point, I am commanded to dust off my feet and move on. Your blood will not be on my hands.

Somewhat arrogant to think you have a monopoly on belief.
It goes both way.

I'm only telling you about salvation. You are free do not believe it. I feel it is my duty to inform you. Not change your mind.

Yep, only GOD can do that. Gee, might there be a reason GOD hasn't chosen to do so?

Like maybe JS hasn't asked HIM to? whistle

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler

The example of God intervening when a tribe of people worship a false idol is from the Bible and is an example of comprehending it. The example of God not intervening when priests sexually abuse children is a glaring omission from the Bible. So that constitutes full comprehension of the Bible....but it doesn't explain why some of you defenders of God's poor behavior don't call him out and show some courage.

Because we are taught to be obedient and surrender to something greater than us.
It's a hard thing to do when one thinks they are greater themselves.

I've said here earlier, hard to seek the face of God when you think you are a God.
That is the sin that Adam committed. The devil convinced him that eating the fruit would enable him (Adam) to be "as" God.

Jesus was the second Adam, As God's direct son, through a birth, his blood is the final blood to be sacrificed. Animal blood sacrifice was old testament.

I can somewhat relate to your thought of "calling God out".
My sister lost her daughter when she was 10. That is now 15 years ago.

In her words, not mine................"I am pissed at God, and He will have some questions I will need answered when I get to heaven. My job is to live a life to get to heaven to ask those questions"

Unfortunately, we all too often forget there is a devil (The world) that is here everyday to convince us "we are just like God" ---------------- The Original sin.

At the end of the day, surrender and obedience are tough words in a world that advertises "have it your way" - "you DESERVE a break today" - "you only live once" kind of crap.

I'm not expecting anyone to understand my thought process, but I will absolutely testify that joy has come to me by being obedient to the word and surrendering to the unforced rhythms of the Holy Spirit.

Great post and spot on.
To believe that a higher authority (such as God) is not doing everything correctly is NOT thinking you are just like God. We often request higher authorities to be more accountable for their decisions and to request that they act more responsibly, but that in no way means you are putting yourself or attempting to put yourself on that higher level.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
God didn't create the perfect world, he knowingly created a world which he knew was going to plunge into widespread sin. No one else had anything to do with this creation but God. And when this world did stuff-up as God knew it would because he designed it so that it would, he then punishes innocent victims (such as the priest-molested children, or those that try as they might, they reach the wrong conclusion about God) for his flawed design of the world! Oh, but I suppose a 9 year old victim of sexual abuse by the priest had free-will...so it was their fault!!!

crazy What the heck???

Last edited by wilkeshunter; 03/13/24.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
How many of those of you who believe that God is always righteous and infallible can now choose not to believe in God's righteousness? If you think you can, please do so now, just for a few moments. Not a single one of you can, but you have free-will, supposedly. Your brain has come up with the answer that you believe in what God does and there is absolutely no possibility that you can disbelieve in God's righteousness. Likewise, for someone who has examined all the evidence and concluded that God does not exist. He can't then believe that he does exist...despite the supposed free-will that he has. But he is nevertheless sent to Hell for eternity for his "crime" of not believing in something that he can't believe in.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 03/13/24.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

crazy What the heck???
If there is something that you don't understand or something that you disagree with, you are free to post your question or your reasons for disagreement.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How many of those of you who believe that God is always righteous and infallible can now choose not to believe in God's righteousness? If you think you can, please do so now, just for a few moments. Not a single one of you can, but you have free-will, supposedly. Your brain has come up with the answer that you believe in what God does and there is absolutely no possibility that you can disbelieve in God's righteousness. Likewise, for someone who has examined all the evidence and concluded that God does not exist. He can't then believe that he does exist...despite the supposed free-will that he has. But he is nevertheless sent to Hell for eternity for his "crime" of not believing in something that he can't believe in.
This might be the answer your looking for...
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with ALL your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

And, Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit" 1 Cor 12:13

So seek Jesus with ALL your heart and God the Holy Spirit will enlighten you so then you will be able to believe and truly say Jesus is Lord.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All these people who take so much time arguing that God does not exist are actually secret believers in God. How many of you atheists and so call God deniers believe in a tooth fairy? I have no doubt none of you, yet I don't see you posting arguments against it, yet you can't wait to show your hatred for God who you say does not exist. If he doesn't exist why don't you just leave the subject alone. But you can't, can you.

In reality deep down inside you actually know He does exist and it's driving you crazy so in your anger you lash out hoping to persuade yourself and also hoping that other unbelievers can somehow persuade you that God does not exist. You actually are closet believers.

The fact is that God created you with knowledge of Himself, just as He did in all creatures and there's nothing you can do about it, therefore it angers you but in reality you are mad at your ownselves for having these feelings.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Who are you to question The Creator of everything from the Stars in the heavens to the hell below and The Creator of every little cell in your body. You can't create an eyelash for yourself, much less get the board out of your own eye.

Everything is HIS. You and your miserable existence and your wife and great grandparents and great grandchildren are HIS to do with as HE wishes and for His purpose.

When one builds a sandcastle on the beach who gets to do with it what that person wishes?

The only thing you can make is fertilizer and HE had to give you the breath of life and teeth and the food to eat for that.

Did you ever step on a pissant? What gave you that right? You didn't make it. Even it was HIS.

You think you have scored points in hitting at HIM? You are but dust in the wind.

You ungrateful wretch. HE gave you everything you have while you deserved nothing. HE even offered you everlasting life.

You're the one who's pissing that away. You deserve the Hell you've chosen. You rejected more than trillions of dollars can buy.

You rejected the cleaning blood of JESUS CHRIST all because you were too stiff-necked to make one plea.

You chose Hell and for all eternity. Now quit your belly aching.

You should be thankful, Riflehunter, I would have turned you into crocodile schiett long ago.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/13/24.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This might be the answer your looking for...
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with ALL your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

And, Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit" 1 Cor 12:13

So seek Jesus with ALL your heart and God the Holy Spirit will enlighten you so then you will be able to believe and truly say Jesus is Lord.
That's a good post Dons99. I like that.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Who are you to question The Creator of everything from the Stars in the heavens to the hell below and The Creator of every little cell in your body. You can't create an eyelash for yourself, much less get the board out of your own eye.

Everything is HIS. You and your miserable existence and your wife and great grandparents and great grandchildren are HIS to do with as HE wishes and for His purpose.

When one builds a sandcastle on the beach who gets to do with it what that person wishes?

The only thing you can make is fertilizer and HE had to give you the breath of life and teeth and the food to eat for that.

Did you ever step on a pissant? What gave you that right? You didn't make it. Even it was HIS.

You think you have scored points in hitting at HIM? You are but dust in the wind.

You ungrateful wretch. HE gave you everything you have while you deserved nothing. HE even offered you everlasting life.

You're the one who's pissing that away. You deserve the Hell you've chosen. You rejected more than trillions of dollars can buy.

You rejected the cleaning blood of JESUS CHRIST all because you were too stiff-necked to make one plea.

You chose Hell and for all eternity. Now quit your belly aching.

You should be thankful, Riflehunter, I would have turned you into crocodile schiett long ago.
I don't accept that we are just slaves to God with no right to fairness, no right to have opinions, no right to question what we think is wrong. It's 2024, I believe we have rights, so I disagree with your post.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by duke61
All these people who take so much time arguing that God does not exist are actually secret believers in God. How many of you atheists and so call God deniers believe in a tooth fairy? I have no doubt none of you, yet I don't see you posting arguments against it, yet you can't wait to show your hatred for God who you say does not exist. If he doesn't exist why don't you just leave the subject alone. But you can't, can you.

In reality deep down inside you actually know He does exist and it's driving you crazy so in your anger you lash out hoping to persuade yourself and also hoping that other unbelievers can somehow persuade you that God does not exist. You actually are closet believers.

The fact is that God created you with knowledge of Himself, just as He did in all creatures and there's nothing you can do about it, therefore it angers you but in reality you are mad at your ownselves for having these feelings.
Duke, I don't believe that is the case...otherwise the converse is also true i.e. all those people who take so much time arguing that God exists are actually secret disbelievers in God, etc , etc.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

You’ve spent the entire thread blaming God for, according to you at least, all the things God hasn’t done which you believe He should have done and you blame God for CAUSING the sins of man. You blame God in virtually every other post for molestation, rape and the sexual crimes of man, which seems to be an interesting but telling obsession with you considering how many other terrible things man does….but that’s between you and your therapist….BUT then you go on, in your “enlightened” and I’m sure highly researched opinion, to claim that the “guy” you’re blaming does NOT exist? So which is it? He either exists but doesn’t act in the way that you think He should or He doesn’t exist and you are obsessively performing an exercise in futility…

You can get as mad as you want at those of us who BELIEVE but if you’re trying to convince us with your convoluted argument that He doesn’t exist then I’m afraid you’ve wasted a hell of a lot of time…..you have inadvertently “proven” several things but not about God, religion or sin. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by duke61

Duke, I don't believe that is the case...otherwise the converse is also true i.e. all those people who take so much time arguing that God exists are actually secret disbelievers in God, etc , etc.
It's not one and the same Riflehunter. Believers in God simply proclaim the gospel and only argue that God exists when unbelievers dispute His existence, they don't start threads just to argue that God exists.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

You’ve spent the entire thread blaming God for, according to you at least, all the things God hasn’t done which you believe He should have done and you blame God for CAUSING the sins of man. You blame God in virtually every other post for molestation, rape and the sexual crimes of man, which seems to be an interesting but telling obsession with you considering how many other terrible things man does….but that’s between you and your therapist….BUT then you go on, in your “enlightened” and I’m sure highly researched opinion, to claim that the “guy” you’re blaming does NOT exist? So which is it? He either exists but doesn’t act in the way that you think He should or He doesn’t exist and you are obsessively performing an exercise in futility…

You can get as mad as you want at those of us who BELIEVE but if you’re trying to convince us with your convoluted argument that He doesn’t exist then I’m afraid you’ve wasted a hell of a lot of time…..you have inadvertently “proven” several things but not about God, religion or sin. 😉
Hello Aces, nice of you to join the conversation. I've read some of your posts with DBT and Mauser previously. Just a few things, I do blame God for some of the things, such as not intervening with priest child-molestation but intervening in things like worshipping false idols. I don't believe I've blamed God for all the sins of man, but I do believe he designed a universe that allowed those things to happen. I don't have a therapist, and don't consider I need one. I've clearly stated on this thread that I do think God exists,,,,but I think he should be more reasonable and that we have the right to ask him to be so. Please be courteous and try not to come across as though you are in a rage.

Page 23 of 64 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (44mc, 2UP, 21, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 35, 12 invisible), 1,088 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,210
Posts18,524,280
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.