-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 64 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 63 64
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One of my buddies who is a believer is a veterinarian and one of his best friends is a leading hand surgeon in the Sacramento area. He told my friend that he has studied the human hand for over 40 years and there is no way that it is a result of evolution. He said just the human hand is absolute proof of intelligent design. I think pretty much anybody that would look at their own hand right now and make a fist or just move their fingers would agree…

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have experienced the Grace of God three times in my life.

The way life should be.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Dons99
One of my buddies who is a believer is a veterinarian and one of his best friends is a leading hand surgeon in the Sacramento area. He told my friend that he has studied the human hand for over 40 years and there is no way that it is a result of evolution. He said just the human hand is absolute proof of intelligent design. I think pretty much anybody that would look at their own hand right now and make a fist or just move their fingers would agree…

What’s he say about the panda’s thumb?

Last edited by RHOD; 03/14/24.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Serious question for you that believe in god.

Do you think he also “invented” the other trillion or so planets that exist?
I believe so.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
For those who answered my question.

If god did create all the planets then did god also create any aliens who might inhabit them?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
For those who answered my question.

If god did create all the planets then did god also create any aliens who might inhabit them?
Now that's an interesting question. I wonder whether aliens, if they exist, failed God and God sent an alien Jesus to pay for their sins? I hope there aren't alien priests who abused alien children going to alien churches and God also failed to intervene.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 03/14/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Serious question for you that believe in god. Do you think he also “invented” the other trillion or so planets that exist?
Originally Posted by antlers
God created the heavens and the earth. He created every star, every planet, and every living thing in the cosmos and on the earth.
For those who answered my question. If god did create all the planets then did god also create any aliens who might inhabit them?
God created the heavens and the earth. He created every star, every planet, and every living thing in the cosmos and on the earth.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "Gods" of all the "holy books" are quite easily recognized as fantasy by those who have decent critical thinking skills. Those who do believe are just tribal and want to stay with the tribe. They don't believe because there's solid evidence, they believe because their tribe believes and that's what they feel they should do. The "god" of the bible is about as real as Zeus.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Just wait until those stars start falling from the heavens, like it says in the Bible.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Serious question for you that believe in god. Do you think he also “invented” the other trillion or so planets that exist?
For those who answered my question. If god did create all the planets then did god also create any aliens who might inhabit them?
Well that must mean he would have created aliens if they exist. I suppose he set them up to fail as well, just like humans did. Now if there are aliens, there's probably lots of aliens on different planets, so I wonder if they have all sinned as well? Imagine millions of alien planets and millions of alien children and millions of alien priests abusing them, and God failing to act in each case? Or perhaps God learnt by his mistakes with earth? What if the alien planets preceded earth?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RHOD

Probably assign it to the same intelligent design/designer

Last edited by Dons99; 03/14/24.

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

Then I would say your friend of a friend is kind of an idiot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GunGeek
The "Gods" of all the "holy books" are quite easily recognized as fantasy by those who have decent critical thinking skills. Those who do believe are just tribal and want to stay with the tribe. They don't believe because there's solid evidence, they believe because their tribe believes and that's what they feel they should do. The "god" of the bible is about as real as Zeus.

I believe.

Pretty damn effing lousy at it too, but I still believe.

The last thing I am, is tribal......

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If there is indeed some kind of deity...I cannot believe He pays any attention or has any effect whatsoever to the affairs of mere mankind.
If this God were a loving and kind deity, and if he had any influence over mankind...how could he condone the atrocities of ethnic and political cleansing that has taken place in history? How could he condone the ravages of disease and starvation worldwide? And my personal pet peeve, how could a kind and compassionate deity witness the agony of a pediatric ward, where many of the most innocent literally suffer a hell on earth? Daily.
Old testament describes God as vengeful...New Testament describes God as loving, hmm. I guess I'm in the group that might say, if there is a deity, he hasn't given any indication that he cares what happens on this planet.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by flintlocke
If there is indeed some kind of deity...I cannot believe He pays any attention or has any effect whatsoever to the affairs of mere mankind.
If this God were a loving and kind deity, and if he had any influence over mankind...how could he condone the atrocities of ethnic and political cleansing that has taken place in history? How could he condone the ravages of disease and starvation worldwide? And my personal pet peeve, how could a kind and compassionate deity witness the agony of a pediatric ward, where many of the most innocent literally suffer a hell on earth? Daily.
Old testament describes God as vengeful...New Testament describes God as loving, hmm. I guess I'm in the group that might say, if there is a deity, he hasn't given any indication that he cares what happens on this planet.

A little more specific, apparently God gave us free will and we must use that free will to believe and worship him or burn in everlasting hell.

But he also created parasite, bacteria, virus and genetic diseases that can kill an infant (after an insane amount of suffering) before that infant even has the language skills and understanding to make a choice to follow the Christian God or not. So after a brief life of horrible suffering, these babies are then sent to everlasting torment in the fires of hell.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Then I would say your friend of a friend is kind of an idiot.
Yeah, chief hand surgeon at a major hospital in the capital of California, a real moron lol

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by flintlocke

A little more specific, apparently God gave us free will and we must use that free will to believe and worship him or burn in everlasting hell.

But he also created parasite, bacteria, virus and genetic diseases that can kill an infant (after an insane amount of suffering) before that infant even has the language skills and understanding to make a choice to follow the Christian God or not. So after a brief life of horrible suffering, these babies are then sent to everlasting torment in the fires of hell.
Yes, but you are all forgetting the huge number of people whose lives have been improved after they have started to believe in God. Just like the huge number of people who take a placebo and believe in it, and their lives improve. And there are a lot of weak people out there who need to believe that there's a fatherly figure up in the sky looking after them, and they need to believe that there is no finality when they die.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
And yet the first words from the mouth of any parent here in a quiet moment if their child was very sick would begin with Please God.

The way life should be.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by bluefish
And yet the first words from the mouth of any parent here in a quiet moment if their child was very sick would begin with Please God.
And when the child dies, "Why, God?" then after they tell all their friends who are trying to decide whether to believe or not, the friends think "Why God?

Page 25 of 64 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (Amos63, 7887mm08, 44mc, 3dtestify, 35, 8MMX57JS, 8 invisible), 993 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,207
Posts18,524,266
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.