Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Stickfight
If you think Tyson is different in this regard from any of the other industrial food companies you should think again.

That's a fact.

There is a high cost for all the cheap food in America

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Dude270
Originally Posted by Stickfight
If you think Tyson is different in this regard from any of the other industrial food companies you should think again.

That's a fact.

There is a high cost for all the cheap food in America

I think corporate greed is the bigger issue. Food companies are not all that much different than manufacturing and in my dealings through my own business every company I've worked for has had terrible results with cheap labor and outsourcing. The real cause is these companies ceased to be operated by an owner with some decency and vision and are being ran by accountants that want the stock holders to be pleased with them.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Well yea, the Butterball plant down the road from me actually built a trailer park for the workers and has an old school bus go in and pickup the crew for shift change. Got their own little community right there

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This is nothing new. There’s been a slow drain of “migrant” workers in the construction trades locally. Come to find out other companies are doing an “end around” by hiring “migrants” through a temp agency thus putting the responsibility of vetting their credentials on the temp agency. Not sure what happens if the State wants something from the temp agency, maybe a bag of cash?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m sure there’s lines of white Americans lining up to work on the slaughter floor ankle deep in chicken [bleep], blood and guts 8 hrs a day 6 days a week for $20/hr….

How many people on here pay someone else to mow their yard? Change their oil? Clean their home? Wash their car?

We are a civilization at the end of a very historically predictable cycle. The generation that has known nothing but wealth and entitlement and has lost the ability/desire to perform tasks they deem menial.

Obviously you have never worked a chicken or turkey plant. Its all automated and there isnt blood, guts and chicken sh*t on the floor.

I live in the turkey capitol of America. Never worked for one, but been through them looking at construction projects.
Fugkin nasty smell and working conditions.
Americans ain’t lining up to work in one.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
Well yea, the Butterball plant down the road from me actually built a trailer park for the workers and has an old school bus go in and pickup the crew for shift change. Got their own little community right there
Stark's Nursery in Louisiana, Missouri used to be a family owned business, they're about 30 miles from our home, and they sold out to some buyers then they started using migrant workers and had a trailer park for them. Maybe even the original owner did this, I'm not sure. At one time they had a retail store and sold great stuff with outstanding small town service then covid hit and the store was closed and now most all they employ are migrants. Everything about the place has declined since.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
And to think, I was going to root for him in his upcoming fight with Jake Paul.
I got to be honest, thats the first thought I had when I read the title lol

The truth will set you free.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
they shut the Tyson plant down in Monett Missouri.
it certainly not for a lack of Mexican help they don't call that Monexico for no reason.
there are plenty of other poultry plants in the area of Butterball cargril and others.. I don't know what percentage is legal and illegal and all that. I'm guessing from the fines that can be levied per illegal worker. those big corporations don't take many chances if they know the person is actually illegal.
but I have also heard stories from people in that area that actually worked at some of the places and said if they knew the right people were coming they would tell certain workers that were good workers to stay home that day cuz they may have suspicion they did not have all the right paperwork..

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have a customer who is American but obviously of Mexican heritage. They’re a small business, primarily family run, and use migrant labor on their install crews.

Their manager went into some detail on how they have to be certain all of their paperwork is in order so there’s no complications. They like to keep guys as long as they can and if you were around this bunch you’d understand why the help wanted to stay. Good folks.

Kinda burns my ass that this little Mexican Family run business can go to all that trouble but an outfit like Tyson can’t.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Engineer for a major food company here. I’d guarantee you consume our product. 10k employees give or take around the world. Majority domestic. We do not hire illegals, I’ll say that with confidence. Used to require a high school diploma which weeded them out easily. They abandoned that a few years ago though, unfortunately.

A former boss became CEO for the biggest (or next to biggest) pork producer. He was there a few months and said screw this and quit. EVERYBODY was illegal. He assumed they had a percentage, but everybody on the line was.

My boss tells the story of going through a hot dog plant to look at some equipment he was thinking of buying. The plant engineer told him it was just known they’d get raided and lose their work force, but they didn’t sweat it, the deported workers would be back, and in the meantime their illegal buddies would just fill the holes in the workforce.

IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Tyson has No Fear

Even Ted Curse knows this ..

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BCBH
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m sure there’s lines of white Americans lining up to work on the slaughter floor ankle deep in chicken [bleep], blood and guts 8 hrs a day 6 days a week for $20/hr….
If corporate farming was demolished and returned to pre-1960s laws (this is when small farms were starting to be killed off, actually just repeal everything from the 1960s) and put the food supply back into the hands of the people growing and raising the food it would eliminate a lot of problems. A farmer/rancher is not allowed to butcher and sell his own livestock to the public, that's crazy.

IN about 1968 the State of Iowa changed the standards on selling fresh milk, cream and eggs. It put us put of the milking business. It was either go big or get out. We chose to get out because the capitol investment was going to be huge. The 2 creameries that were in town closed down and the best we could of done is sell cream by the quart jar if no one ratted us out.

Our own State government did that to us. I'm sure the Fed's had something to do with it. I see Pennsylvania is chasing after the Amish for doing the same thing.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
Stark's Nursery in Louisiana, Missouri used to be a family owned business, they're about 30 miles from our home, and they sold out to some buyers then they started using migrant workers and had a trailer park for them. Maybe even the original owner did this, I'm not sure. At one time they had a retail store and sold great stuff with outstanding small town service then covid hit and the store was closed and now most all they employ are migrants. Everything about the place has declined since.
I know that the selection of products from Stark Bros has shrunk considerably.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tyson is part of the Clinton Mafia. Does the name Laura Tyson ring a bell?

The construction business started using cheap labor (illegal) over fifty years ago. INS raids would shut down a project for a day or two. Same crew would be back before their socks dried out. Union jobs were the exception, but since young men are afraid of work that has changed.

And the control of food has been used as a weapon for centuries. But we all know that.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
We have a chicken outfit here in the county. Lots of egg and broiler houses. Grain chicken food mill in the.next county. A few miles south of town we have a big processing plant. Reputedly the most modern advanced plant in the nation. The fear was that we would be over run with illegalls. That has not happened. Locals have taken those jobs. They pay double what the factory jobs here before paid. We have had Marshall Islanders move in to work there. They don't cause extra trouble here in town. They are passive quiet people from what I see. They go to work and come home tired and rest. No gang activity yet. I would rather have them in the community than unemployed white people laying around all day collecting welfare.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,647
Posts18,474,581
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.