Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Always carry a pistol and don't be afraid to use it !!!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have a Can-am spider. We love it. Reminds me a little bit of the snowmobiling days. Super comfortable, I never fit on a two wheeler, tons of storage for the Wife. Bluetooth. Don’t worry about sand on the turns. 1300 cc. I’ve caught her napping.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Take an MSF course.

Sit on as many different styles so you can see what feels right to you. Your inseam length and weight will factor greatly into what you find comfortable. When ready, buy the newest/cleanest/best-maintained bike you can afford. Try to buy from a 'motorcycle guy", you'll know them when you talk to them. Being garage-kept is a much bigger deal with bikes, so focus on those. Most ~650cc class twin-cylinder bikes will have the grunt you'll want. You'll likely have to modify/upgrade the suspension on anything you buy if you want it to work as intended.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Harley Davidson is a Chinese bike now. Just saying.
Whoa. Wasn't aware. When did this happen?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Current run to town/errand bike is a Yamaha TW200 and yes it has saved me money on fuel. A round trip to town costs maybe a dollar as compared to close to 10 in the truck… I’m more worried about deer and turkeys than cars.

Deer are one of the biggest things that keep me off bikes.

Some states have nice big right of ways, mow big strips between the road and the trees.

Farmers here have corn 3 foot from the line, the trees might be 4 foot off the line.
Two friends have lost their dads to deer bike collisions.
Both were knocked off the bike by the deer, they didn't hit them.
One guy was riding a Harley Trike with his wife. The deer stripped him off, never touched the wife. She coasted to a stop, he died a couple days later.

Cars are relatively easy to deal with, big, easy to see, tend to have paths of travel.
Bikers who have a lot of trouble with cars are likely the problem.
Hot dogging or not paying attention.

Deer appear out of nowhere.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
DM ever wonder why your stealership has a parts area that you can't actually see? So the Moco won't have you seeing all the parts labeled Made in China in a genuine HD wrapper. Or Germany Mexico pakistan...

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Thought OP was talkin about a $4000 scooter. That's hardly a currently made, questionable heritage $25,000 H/D. Otherwise, about a thousand choices.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I've rode for over 57 years and NEVER EVER had a reason to pull my gun and use it

Easy's gettin' harder everyday
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pappabear
I've rode for over 57 years and NEVER EVER had a reason to pull my gun and use it

That doesn't sound right, I mean, I've watched SoA three times. Guns before gas, or something like that.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Jevyod: DON'T!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
If 3500 bucks, low seat height, simple and 75 mph are the parameters the Suzuki Boulevard S40 is what you want
My younger son bought one of these as a first bike. I really liked it for what it was. I thought about buying it from him and keeping it. I can’t think of a better first bike. That one cylinder engine is almost bulletproof. It didn’t have much too end power, but had a surprising amount of low end torque.

He sold it and bought a 1200 Sportster. A similar looking bike with twice the engine.

They have remained relatively unchanged for 30 years. Parts are everywhere and cheap should the need arise. Not a lot to mess up in a tip over. A lot going for them for someone who wants an inexpensive cruiser for a first bike.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by DMc
They aren’t made in China. There are plants on Brazil and India that I know of. But bikes sold in the us are primarily built in Pennsylvania.

Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by DMc
They aren’t made in China. There are plants on Brazil and India that I know of. But bikes sold in the us are primarily built in Pennsylvania.

They outsource parts form all over the world, just like everybody else..... dont make it right.......... IMO

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by DMc

They outsource parts form all over the world, just like everybody else..... dont make it right.......... IMO
That doesn’t make them a Chinese bike.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by pappabear

That doesn't sound right, I mean, I've watched SoA three times. Guns before gas, or something like that.
Maybe he doesn't want to admit that he's busted- off a few rounds at butthole drivers. Whatever----...

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Get yourself one of those little Honda 125, that replaced the trail 90. Good mileage, since your trying to save money, and don't take the freeway! Plus you can use it in the woods. You will be the envy of the neighborhood!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
About it.

everybody gotta start somewhere.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Get a Honda. Civic. After 25 years of being a LEO there’s no way in hell I’d get a motorcycle. Especially for a daily commute. It’s frightening enough being on the road with all the retards in a pursuit rated Chevrolet Tahoe let alone on two wheels with no protection. You can be the best rider on the planet and that doesn’t matter when some purple haired twenty some year old them with enough tackle in her face to make Bass Pro shop envy, wipes your ass out looking at Tik Tok.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by brinky72
Get a Honda. Civic. After 25 years of being a LEO there’s no way in hell I’d get a motorcycle. Especially for a daily commute. It’s frightening enough being on the road with all the retards in a pursuit rated Chevrolet Tahoe let alone on two wheels with no protection. You can be the best rider on the planet and that doesn’t matter when some purple haired twenty some year old them with enough tackle in her face to make Bass Pro shop envy, wipes your ass out looking at Tik Tok.
Exactly why 99% of my time is off road these days.
Just not worth it anymore.
+1000 on the gear. Get good gear, you will never
regret it when you need it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DMc

Powertrain: Menomonee Falls WI

Fairings, Bags, Tourpak: Tomahawk WI

Vehicle Assembly: York PA

Some markets like Brazil require major component assemblies be assembled into complete bike to avoid import tariff.

India was the Street 750 models, gone now. Thailand is in the loop for the tariff thing.

GOA
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (35, afisher, Aviator, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,434 guests, and 772 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.