Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Originally Posted by Tarquin
She needs to cut her hair. She looks like a girl. Montana: queers and steers? laugh

You have a lot of nerve talking about a child when you are probably the biggest queer around here, so take your concern troll schtick elsewhere C(_)NT.

You put your kid on here looking like a hippie or a little girl, you've invited criticism. I predict the kid will become Trans, 'specially since Conrad is on board with that [bleep]. grin

Tarquin

J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Little evening kayaking.

I am MAGA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sam i am leaning to the heavies as well.

Jim He has lots of time to get better all he needs is shooting time.

Gets pricey for me because i have 3 grandsons.

Keep up the good work guys.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
She needs to cut her hair. She looks like a girl. Montana: queers and steers? laugh

You have a lot of nerve talking about a child when you are probably the biggest queer around here, so take your concern troll schtick elsewhere C(_)NT.

You put your kid on here looking like a hippie or a little girl, you've invited criticism. I predict the kid will become Trans, 'specially since Conrad is on board with that [bleep]. grin

WTF is wrong with you? Someone puts up a great video of a father and son doing something that we all should be doing with our kids and you go down that path for some reason? You’re a miserable little [bleep]!

β€œMy horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Pure gold cuzzin.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hot Damn! The Band is getting back together.😁

Originally Posted by renegade50
Work on his stance JC.
Not saying it to bust your chops at all.
Saying it because of who I was long ago.
Teach coach mentor NCO type of schit...
Goes against my nature to not try and improve others performance.
Gotta break bad trends before it gets ingrained πŸ‘πŸ»

Left foot forward
Right foot back.
Just enough to get oblique and not squared to tgt.
Not over exaggerated stance per that.
Maybe 4 to 6 inches at most right toe behind left toe.
Natural hip wide spacing of feet.
Enough to get body oblique to tgt and allow aiming and pointing over strong arm only.

Body kinda oblique towards target with left side a little more forward than right.
Hard to explain in writing
But easy to do in person, especially with a young person wanting to learn and shoot.
Strong arm orientated towards tgt pointkng and aiming over its plane thru sights from the right side body being rear oblique.
Weak arm very slight bend to allow Strong arm forward thrust.
And a little forward lean from waist up (not over exaggerated )

He needs to get rid of the body squared to target and leaned back mode.

Once he gains muscle memory of body stance it will become 2nd nature.

His striker fired pistol grip per his hands actually ( "glock grip") looks good from what can be seen.
Have to get upclose and personal to really see it and show corrections if needed.
He might not have enough counter opposing force in his weak hand versus his strong hand forward force in his grip and the glock was biting him per the trigger guard.
Dunno....
Wasn't their watching him shoot standing on left side about 3 ft from him.
Or his lower 3 fingers per stong hand on grip were loosening up per more shots than intial ones.
Or might not have enough meat per his weak hand fill8ng in the grip on open left side of it that his strong hand can't cover nor ever will.
Grip is why his shots were going all over and the stance being poor form

But he also doesn't have adult size hands yet.

Dry fire practice will help him with stance, grip, sight picture, trigger squeeze and muscle memory overall.

I have not meant any degradation by this post.

Unlike what can be seen per other's little fuuked up innuendo shots.

Wish my dad was like you back when.
I might have actually liked the prick if he was even 1% the father you are to you kids.

Fuuuk it!!!
This was worth while dropping a post IMO..
JC is a solid Cat and he has a solid family....

And it ain't making Bin a fuuking cent AFAIC me dropping a post.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Keep that vision in your memory bank Jim. All to soon kids are grown and gone and all your left with is those golden nuggets of memory. Between your photos and videos and Kamos' photos of food and fun there isn't a lot of fodder on here anymore to grab my interest.

Last edited by JefeMojado; 03/16/24.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Tried a 365 but I prefer my 239 for carry. I had a 320 for a while, absolutely great fit and ergonomics, couldn't get past the unintentional discharge issue whether true or not. In addition to the 239 I have two 226's a US made one that wears a .22RF conversion and a West German produced model in 9mm.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Love the thread title.

And the fact that Renegade rolled in and offered up great advice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It's hard for me to teach him anything because I don't know anything about shooting a handgun either.

Just call that a Chick Lean and he will fix it himself.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Little evening kayaking.

Great pic!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Couple days ago it was windy and I opened the door on the pickup and sorta leaned back into it and shot at 20 yards.

Didn't work.

Stance backfire.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I hate to step in a pile of someone elses advice, but Ive been in the pistol shooting game for 35 years competitively, so its hard to bite my tongue sometimes. I would advise almost opposite, I use and teach the squared up technique, toes forward, feet as close to possible at shoulder width, no bent arms, not arrow straight, but no weaver type bending of support hand arm, both of equal bend, slight lean forward, nose over toes with very firm grip on handgun and go to shooting. Shooting should be with purpose, but the stance should be comfortable not wound up tight, face the target just like your talking to someone, head up not down between your shoulders like a turtle or tilting, just natrual.
I almost hate to click the post reply button, I just couldn't hep myself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

It's almost hilarious how tone deaf you are, but taking your words at face value I'll say this... There is nothing wrong with hair length on ANY kid or adult, and your sick mental masturbation, again as a concern troll, is inept at best.

I'm no acquaintance to Jim, as we differ greatly in many areas, but the fact that you've championed degeneracy for years around here, and yet attempt to be 'conservative' tonight about a kid's hair is either fookin' hilariously ironic or a cognitive issue to the byedin level. You only wish for the child to be as perverse as you, so you may prey upon...as your mentors did to you.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Great job Jim, & I'll mirror & appreciate Rene's advice. And,,, there's always gotta be that doesn't there. Please get him some ear muffs & eye protection. Good on the plugs, but they're not quite as good as muffs, long term thing. The eyes? a one time blowback of some sort is instantaneous, & forever.

Enjoy your family. "Like I needed to say that. Duh."

Last edited by gunzo; 03/16/24.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I've got 3 P365 and they shoot damn good!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A fine man bringing his kids up right! Kudos to you, Jim.

Dale

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
I hate to step in a pile of someone elses advice, but Ive been in the pistol shooting game for 35 years competitively, so its hard to bite my tongue sometimes. I would advise almost opposite, I use and teach the squared up technique, toes forward, feet as close to possible at shoulder width, no bent arms, not arrow straight, but no weaver type bending of support hand arm, both of equal bend, slight lean forward, nose over toes with very firm grip on handgun and go to shooting. Shooting should be with purpose, but the stance should be comfortable not wound up tight, face the target just like your talking to someone, head up not down between your shoulders like a turtle or tilting, just natrual.

You're spot on, that's good advice and there are plenty of good instructional videos around to get a good visual of what that looks like. Jim, great job taking the young man out and letting him experience several guns and form an opinion of his own. The 365 is a great choice, he has good taste in a working carry gun. It's great to see a young man doing man stuff.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by JefeMojado

You're spot on, that's good advice and there are plenty of good instructional videos around to get a good visual of what that looks like. Jim, great job taking the young man out and letting him experience several guns and form an opinion of his own. The 365 is a great choice, he has good taste in a working carry gun. It's great to see a young man doing man stuff.

I am terrible when we go out shooting.

When we shoot shotguns I want to buy them a dozen different models.

Same with rifles and 22s.

Driving away from the haystack today I told him he might like a 365 Macro.

Probably a good thing I have my money tied up in land.

Thanks though. It was a good afternoon.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not every shooting sesson has to be a dang Master Class. Just havin fun with Dad is enough.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 30 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,446
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.