Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Little spoiled and pampered brats blaming boomers for credit card debt that they racked up, now that’s funny! I guess that’s why the little brats think I should pay off their school loans! Pathetic!

GB4

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM
First SSC check arrived in February. Fishing trip in Alaska booked for this summer and a brown bear hunt a bit later. Panama fishing and Nanimbia next year. A new $30K a year buys some fun.

I didn’t know you were 67… only a fool would draw it at 62.

If you're making taxible money during that time, yes. But otherwise some numbers say the 67 year old drawee will have to live/draw several years to match the money drawn by the 62 year old drawee of the same age.

To late tonight for the correct numbers, but interesting. IMO.

Don't confuse them with simple math....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM
First SSC check arrived in February. Fishing trip in Alaska booked for this summer and a brown bear hunt a bit later. Panama fishing and Nanimbia next year. A new $30K a year buys some fun.

I didn’t know you were 67… only a fool would draw it at 62.

If you're making taxible money during that time, yes. But otherwise some numbers say the 67 year old drawee will have to live/draw several years to match the money drawn by the 62 year old drawee of the same age.

To late tonight for the correct numbers, but interesting. IMO.

I have heard where you will have to beat the odds when it comes to life expectancy to make up the difference.

Just what I was told.

yes...bob

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM
And have college funds set up for my grandchildren. You?

I’m counting the days like you when I can draw social security. I’m not a blowhard like you, im not rich like you nor am I blackheart broke. We do well, for ourselves. I will not have to draw social security in my life. That’s a fact..

will not have to?.....or not going to?.....big differance....bob

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Sako76
Little spoiled and pampered brats blaming boomers

Says the generation that was literally handed everything and completely fu cked this country.

I actually think the boomer generation wants to destroy the country, they are so self absorbed they can't imagine anything continuing without them.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 03/17/24.
IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by logger
Boomers are worthless old f ucks on average. Good riddance

Trump is a boomer.

Trump isn't the average boomer is he? Dumbf uck

Hah! not the average boomer financially, or some other things as well. But his patriotism, love of country, knowledge of problems in gov't. etc. align well with this not stuck in the box boomer. Likely many more. The Yankee thing does deduct points come to think of it.

The avg boomer doesn't care what happens to this country, as long as they get theirs.

You must be one of the entitlement generation

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Sako76
Little spoiled and pampered brats blaming boomers

Says the generation that was literally handed everything and completely fu cked this country.

I actually think the boomer generation wants to destroy the country, they are so self absorbed they can't imagine anything continuing without them.

Jackson
Please list three reason you hate the boomers so much? And btw how old are you? Just curious which group is hating the boomers so much

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
On average boomers are

1. Incredibly rude (especially in old age)
2. Entitled
3. Lazy

I was lucky and had older parents from the silent generation, not worthless hippie boomers.

C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by EdM

I'm drawing mine next year at 65 for the same reasons, latest estimate puts it at $34K.

Guys should google Social Security breakeven point, and do a realistic assessment of your longevity.

Bottom line is there's no real one size fits all for when to draw. There's a benefit to drawing earlier while you still have the physical capabilities to enjoy it.. (route I'm taking). Especially if your retirement savings, pensions etc. are covering all the basics.

IAW my latest, I paid in $155K and my employers paid in $159K since "74" when I started working in HS. My breakeven pt is 79 for the delta between collecting at 65 and 67.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
On average boomers are

2. Entitled
3. Lazy

I was lucky and had older parents from the silent generation, not worthless hippie boomers.

1. Most people are rude today not just boomers. We were out for supper the other night and first bite into our pizza the girl brings the checkout scanner and wants my card. I’m like wtf and she acted pissed cause i said im still eating here
2. Entitled??? How? Because they worked and earned a home? I saw in t he other boomer post someone said the young workers will never own a home too costly cant make enough. My first real job after college paid $17,000 a year interest to borrow money was 8%( btw i borrowed money at 13% in the early 80’s to buy my first vehicle). Today that same job starts at $80,000 and has bonuses up to another $30 the first year. Interest today yes has increased but just a couple years ago was 3-4% range.
3. Lazy?? Don’t think i ever saw a boomer in my life say oh im butt hurt from th election i cant work or im waiting for my covid money. I learned my work ethic from the boomers as i always tried to work harder just to prove i could

You didnt answer your age but your reasons for the hate sound like my hate for gen y,z and millennials, always have their hand out and never want to work for it. I’m early gen x btw

Last edited by IA_fog; 03/17/24.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
a lot of folks here seem to really care about the affairs of others.

Sam......

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
I have worked and paid into this system for over 40 yrs,, At a very high rate,, turned 60 this year,, at 62 bet your ASS im gonna draw! Hope to have 10-15 yrs left with aching joints and 60 yr old body from hard work and the stress of managing crews and equip on jobs ,for 2 diff companies,, jobs that have averaged $8million a year for the 24 years I was a supervisor,,, so when its time to draw off some that I have paid in ? BET your ASS that I will! and when retired, I will work when I want,operating equip, continue to raise beef, train an occasional horse, buy,repair and sell an ocasional pc of equip, and fish an hunt for the remaining years ,, at 62 one can hope for 10 yr of reasonable health, another 5 or so of failing health ,, so all you "boomer" hating [bleep] get over it,go to work try to make a hand, quit complaing, put your head down and earn a living ,,damn it aint hard to cut the apron strings,,, yall are marshmellows,,, Theres NO participation trophy in life,,

I AM AMERICA!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by IA_fog
You didnt answer...... I’m early gen x btw

I don't care

Keep kissing boomer azz, they'll keep hoping you fail.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
a lot of folks here seem to really care about the affairs of others.

How would you know?

I am MAGA.
I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I

I don't care

Id much rather kiss a boomers ass than your whining ass. Do you have that i gotta keep up with the jones struggle? Maybe you should get a second job instead of spending all day whining about boomers

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H

I don't care

Id much rather kiss a boomers ass than your whining ass. Do you have that i gotta keep up with the jones struggle? Maybe you should get a second job instead of spending all day whining about boomers
HEE HHEE,,, and realized He actually has to pay for his car insurance, andnow his own kids car insurance,, And Dad, (not mom ever) told him that He was taking him off the family healthcare plan and also Him and his wifes cell phones off dads plan,, All because life is SOOO unfair that he is expected to clean up the basement AND chip in for internet, in ADDITION to taking out the trash can on tue at the break of noon,,

I AM AMERICA!
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H

I don't care

ANd dipshits like you prove boomers right,,

I AM AMERICA!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by hosfly

I don't care

ANd dipshits like you prove boomers right,,

In your dreams. Pathetic old bìtch.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

I don't care

No whining, just winning. And no, I don't chase material things like boomers have done. I've seen the folly of their ways.

Face it boomer fúcks, the world will go on without your self centered pathetic generation.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Lots of years putting up
On average boomers are

2. Entitled
3. Lazy

Boomers have basically been putting up the BS longer than most on the rock. Patience worn thin & many no longer suffer fools gladly. If you encounter rudeness from them on a regular basis it might be because you are there. grin

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1Longbow, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,241 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,926
Posts18,479,807
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.