Home
Posted By: rickt300 Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
One of them I suppose is that though I didn't work for it I get it free because I worked? Watching the screwball suck losers put out for all the world to see how bad they suck and blame it on us. Yep it must be my fault that we no longer have a functional society. Odd as it seemed to me before Covid society was pretty functional. Even after Obie did all he could to start a race based world putting Blacks above all others. Now with the Rainbow mafia, the stupid fuq in the WH, DEI society is in my opinion getting ready to stop being functional. Those are big reasons but a monster reason for all the failure is Soros funded prosecutors and judges not enforcing laws or enforcing laws only upon those who don't agree with their ideology. IE if you don't think that jackass traitorous, treasonous grifting lowlife Joey is the greatest thing since toilet paper. I'm pretty sure if the Haitians are let into the country without vetting we are going to end up with gunfire in the streets and a lot of our Millennials and gen Z will have to learn how to dig holes. You know I might consider seeing that as an entitlement.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
Being entitled and acting entitled are separate things to me, but that is just my opinion. I should be entitled to respect if I act in a respectful way to others. I may not get it, but I should be entitled to it.

I should be entitled to the SS if I meet the required 40 quarters, but again I might not get it if it is squandered by our elected officials. These are only my opinions and I don't expect they are shared by everyone. I am entitled to my own opinion, but not my own facts. Ha!
Posted By: Crash_Pad Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
Get some fresh air. Walk a bit. Get out of your head. Blood circulation is important!
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
Dear Rick "We paid fo dat" T300,

If you post your address in this thread I will mail you a copy of The Elements of Style, gratis. It will help your rage posts be more readable.

Don't forget your blood pressure meds!
Just don’t go all “Jag” and hit the return key after every sentence.
Posted By: Wrapids Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
I'm tired of the pool shooting babe.
But the MAGAs seem to think tax entitlements are fine for their campaign donors. Wellfuckinduh? What do you expect?
Originally Posted by Wrapids
But the MAGAs seem to think tax entitlements are fine for their campaign donors. Wellfuckinduh? What do you expect?
What babe you want ?
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
Originally Posted by rickt300
Odd as it seemed to me before Covid society was pretty functional. Even after Obie did all he could to start a race based world putting Blacks above all others. Now with the Rainbow mafia, the stupid fuq in the WH, DEI society is in my opinion getting ready to stop being functional. Those are big reasons but a monster reason for all the failure is Soros funded prosecutors and judges not enforcing laws or enforcing laws only upon those who don't agree with their ideology. IE if you don't think that jackass traitorous, treasonous grifting lowlife Joey is the greatest thing since toilet paper. I'm pretty sure if the Haitians are let into the country without vetting we are going to end up with gunfire in the streets and a lot of our Millennials and gen Z will have to learn how to dig holes. You know I might consider seeing that as an entitlement.
Well hot damn isn't all that shyt happening under the watch of these great millenials ? Well then no worries, those fuggers have things under control and will put a stop to it and save us all. They apparently have much more control over the gov't and what they do than we ever had.
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
One of them I suppose is that though I didn't work for it I get it free because I worked? Watching the screwball suck losers put out for all the world to see how bad they suck and blame it on us. Yep it must be my fault that we no longer have a functional society. Odd as it seemed to me before Covid society was pretty functional. Even after Obie did all he could to start a race based world putting Blacks above all others. Now with the Rainbow mafia, the stupid fuq in the WH, DEI society is in my opinion getting ready to stop being functional. Those are big reasons but a monster reason for all the failure is Soros funded prosecutors and judges not enforcing laws or enforcing laws only upon those who don't agree with their ideology. IE if you don't think that jackass traitorous, treasonous grifting lowlife Joey is the greatest thing since toilet paper. I'm pretty sure if the Haitians are let into the country without vetting we are going to end up with gunfire in the streets and a lot of our Millennials and gen Z will have to learn how to dig holes. You know I might consider seeing that as an entitlement.

English Composition

"English composition is the study of fundamental reading and writing concepts and skills. Reading comprehension, grammar, the writing process, citing sources, and writing effectively to communicate ideas are topics usually covered within English composition classes."

https://learn.org/articles/What_is_English_Composition.html
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
Yes. Somebody has been hitting the bottle tonight.

Or attended public school.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
Dum that down for me plz
Posted By: gunzo Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
Can't read or understand it, unlikely. Or can't disagree even though you want to.......... Just attack his writing skills.

Yeah, that's hammering him.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Can't read or understand it, unlikely. Or can't disagree even though you want to.......... Just attack his writing skills.

Yeah, that's hammering him.
Lotta snobby bastards here. It's a wonder they haven't drowned in a rain storm. They all think they're geniuses.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
RUM7.....we need your gif!
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Lotta snobby bastards here. It's a wonder they haven't drowned in a rain storm. They all think they're geniuses.

Lotta morons who take pride in being barely able to read or write in their native language as well. You people can't turn ignorance into a virtue, you aren't smart enough.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Lotta morons who take pride in being barely able to read or write in their native language as well. You people can't turn ignorance into a virtue, you aren't smart enough.
There are supposedly intelligent, well educated people on here every day that can't spell or write above a 4 th grade level and whose reading comprehension skills are as developed as a ch imp. You may be one of them.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
Is this the boomer come back thread LOL
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Or both.

+ smokin some ragweed.
supposedly

Self assessment is usually the worst sort of assessment.
supposedly

Well then you damn well better not do it.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
I clicked on this thinking I might get a free breakfast and coffee.....where's my BOOMER BREAKFAST???
supposedly

Well then you damn well better not do it.

Supposedly I don't.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/16/24
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I clicked on this thinking I might get a free breakfast and coffee.....where's my BOOMER BREAKFAST???

Doesn't Dennys do that or some such?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I think only if you're an AARP member and it's only a free coffee with purchase of a meal.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

Haha. Dennys, a place where only 70 year Olds and 19 year Olds hang out.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
There has to be a place with a good senior discount.

Most of what i see are senior meals for less money.

No senior I know would want to eat peaches and cottage cheese.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
My local grocery store used to have about four very small tables with a few chairs in the deli section - the retired boomers Would Not Leave! They just sat there all morning nursing a cup of coffee.
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

I is both, and I'd taken offenced two dat, so I'zn havta me shelomo contawk yer shelomo fur irrevocable damages... and eye wheel sea ewe en kort.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
My local grocery store used to have about four very small tables with a few chairs in the deli section - the retired boomers Would Not Leave! They just sat there all morning nursing a cup of coffee.
They've done that down at the general store here in town forever. Sit there drinking coffee, reading the paper and gabbin all morning.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Boomers are worthless old f ucks on average. Good riddance
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
This has to be one of the saddest, most pathetic threads ever started.
Please delete any and all posts to save whatever face you Boomers have.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
And now we've got to get immigrants to do the work we did and build the things we built because younger Americans just won't do that stuff anymore. Too hard and doesn't pay enough so they live in the basement and mooch off mom and dad till they die and/or go on welfare. Worthless lazy fuucks.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
I am a late Gen X/early Millennial but generally align more with Boomers than those closer to my age. I was ‘friends’ with a lot more of them growing up than with my own age group. I do feel Boomers are who first got credit card debt to be a standard and ‘acceptable’ thing as well as a few other widespread issues but I just don’t understand the blanket hatred for Boomers by the younger crowds these days. To make it more perplexing, many of the Boomer haters are Biden supporters, who is of Boomer age.

The OP is most certainly not a brilliant person based on his posts here, but that is a different discussion. I think a lot of the Boomer hate on this board is just pot stirring but plenty of younger people really do blame Boomers for the US’s current problems.

I just don’t understand it…
Well at least we knew what sex we were, didn't think we were cats or dogs and didn't dye our hair purple and green and walk around town all at all hours of the day with our pajamas on. That would be the kids of the millenials and gen x doing that stuff. They've done a bang up job raising those freaks.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Well at least we knew what sex we were, didn't dye our hair purple and green and walk around town with our pajamas on.

AGREED , NOR DID WE WHINE WHEN WE WORKED MORE THAN 40 HRS OR SATURDAY OR SUNDAY ! and we knew how to shovel ,hammer ,drive a tractor or use tools !
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
You boomers get discount coughee
Posted By: logger Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

Trump is a boomer.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I am a late Gen X/early Millennial but generally align more with Boomers than those closer to my age. I was ‘friends’ with a lot more of them growing up than with my own age group. I do feel Boomers are who first got credit card debt to be a standard and ‘acceptable’ thing as well as a few other widespread issues but I just don’t understand the blanket hatred for Boomers by the younger crowds these days. To make it more perplexing, many of the Boomer haters are Biden supporters, who is of Boomer age.

The OP is most certainly not a brilliant person based on his posts here, but that is a different discussion. I think a lot of the Boomer hate on this board is just pot stirring but plenty of younger people really do blame Boomers for the US’s current problems.

The baby boom generation DID go nuts with credit (I'm one of the same gen but never went that route---and have NO personal debt and condemn that sort of thing).

I think it's curious that for the first time I am aware of, an entire generation has been identified and declared "the enemy" via social media. Those of you who think it's justified and like to pile on, just wait until you're the ones in the crosshairs because if society holds together long enough and this insane pop culture shit gets even worse, you're going to lead very interesting lives in your later years.
Originally Posted by logger

Trump is a boomer.
And a rich NYC yankee to boot.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
SS IS NOT an entitlement! I paid into it for 60 f ucking years as an investment retiring to a slight degree all those before me that did the same thing! Anybody that refers to it as an entitlement can KISS MY IRISH ASS!!

Trump is a boomer.

Trump isn't the average boomer is he? Dumbf uck
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
SS IS NOT an entitlement!

Yes it is.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by earlybrd
You boomers get discount coughee

Not good enough. I want a never-ending pot of covefe every damn day. I earned that, damn it!!! (shaking fist at cloud)
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

Yes it is.

There are a lot of guys here who could show you their SS statements showing how much they've paid in---not that it's any of your f****** business---who can present very strong evidence contesting THAT bullshit.

Did Mommy tell you everything you did and said was splendid and give you a cupcake every time you vomited something resembling a complete sentence?

Yes it is.
So is your pay check. If you work you're entitled to one.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

Trump is a boomer.

Hah! not the average boomer financially, or some other things as well. But his patriotism, love of country, knowledge of problems in gov't. etc. align well with this not stuck in the box boomer. Likely many more. The Yankee thing does deduct points come to think of it.

Trump is a boomer.

Hah! not the average boomer financially, or some other things as well. But his patriotism, love of country, knowledge of problems in gov't. etc. align well with this not stuck in the box boomer. Likely many more. The Yankee thing does deduct points come to think of it.

The avg boomer doesn't care what happens to this country, as long as they get theirs.
What are your poll numbers for that assumption? Your dad & father in law? otherwise give bonafide stats to back that up.
Posted By: logger Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
I would assume that most boomers on the campfire are above average.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
The avg boomer doesn't care what happens to this country, as long as they get theirs.

What an idiotic statement.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Yes it is.

There are a lot of guys here who could show you their SS statements showing how much they've paid in---not that it's any of your f****** business---who can present very strong evidence contesting THAT bullshit.

We paid fo dat.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
So?...........................what's the problem??? wink
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by Valsdad
anybody got an address....?
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Yes it is.

We paid fo dat.

HDF did you pay for my SS?
The same way you paid for the ones before you?
If that's the case, what is the problem? I paid for them, so I did the same as younger than me are doing now. And now I'm getting mine. What's the beef? Keep doing it!!
I guess ya gotta trust the gen behind you to keep up the pace.
Gonzo I hope ur right
Gonzo I hope ur right
Best have a passel of kids so there's enough for you. My kids are all working and probably paying more than enouigh to cover mine.
If that's the case, what is the problem? I paid for them, so I did the same as younger than me are doing now. And now I'm getting mine. What's the beef? Keep doing it!!
I guess ya gotta trust the gen behind you to keep up the pace.

No beef that I am aware of.
Posted By: EdM Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
First SSC check arrived in February. Fishing trip in Alaska booked for this summer and a brown bear hunt a bit later. Panama fishing and Nanimbia next year. A new $30K a year buys some fun.
Posted By: 79S Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by EdM
First SSC check arrived in February. Fishing trip in Alaska booked for this summer and a brown bear hunt a bit later. Panama fishing and Nanimbia next year. A new $30K a year buys some fun.

I didn’t know you were 67… only a fool would draw it at 62.
Gonzo I hope ur right
Best have a passel of kids so there's enough for you. My kids are all working and probably paying more than enouigh to cover mine.

Brokedick
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Brilliance, again. Some are more needy than others.
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Brilliance, again.
Can't expect too much from that dumbass.
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Brilliance, again.

Uh oh you drawing it at 62??? I thought you were set? I guess not, sorry Biden economics got you. Praying you aren’t eating bologna sandwiches.
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Brilliance, again.

Brokedick alert.. now you, you are an idiot so it’s a no brainer you were scurrying to the social security office the day you turned 62. Brokedick
And have college funds set up for my grandchildren. You?
Originally Posted by EdM

I’m counting the days like you when I can draw social security. I’m not a blowhard like you, im not rich like you nor am I blackheart broke. We do well, for ourselves. I will not have to draw social security in my life. That’s a fact..
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Brilliance, again.

Brokedick alert.. now you, you are an idiot so it’s a no brainer you were scurrying to the social security office the day you turned 62. Brokedick
I'm completely debt free and have been for years. How about you dumbass ?
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Brilliance, again.

Debt up to my eyeballs applying for another credit card my other 7 are maxed out.
You should try alimony payments like Blackie.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Brilliance, again.

Debt up to my eyeballs applying for another credit card my other 7 are maxed out.
Never had one in my life.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

If you're making taxible money during that time, yes. But otherwise some numbers say the 67 year old drawee will have to live/draw several years to match the money drawn by the 62 year old drawee of the same age.

To late tonight for the correct numbers, but interesting. IMO.
I paid and paid but never got a dime.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

If you're making taxible money during that time, yes. But otherwise some numbers say the 67 year old drawee will have to live/draw several years to match the money drawn by the 62 year old drawee of the same age.

I have heard where you will have to beat the odds when it comes to life expectancy to make up the difference.

Just what I was told.

Oh sure...Mr. 6 divorces and retired early debt free.

They paid and paid and paid.

Making shyt up, telling lies and exaggerating is unbecoming of a man. Of course you aren't much of one so have at it. You can't imagine being debt free because you manage your money like a fat kid in a candy store.

Making shyt up, telling lies and exaggerating is unbecoming of a man. Of course you aren't much of one so have at it. You can't imagine being debt free because you manage your money like a fat kid in a candy store.

Sure brokedick
Posted By: Gibby Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

Same here
Posted By: mrfudd Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

I have heard where you will have to beat the odds when it comes to life expectancy to make up the difference.

Just what I was told.

I’m still a few years out but checked my statement. It will take 10 years to make up the difference between beginning at 67 versus 62. My plan is to start at 62. The 10 year bet is not very good with my family history.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Little spoiled and pampered brats blaming boomers for credit card debt that they racked up, now that’s funny! I guess that’s why the little brats think I should pay off their school loans! Pathetic!
Posted By: okie Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Don't confuse them with simple math....
Posted By: Bob_mt Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Just what I was told.

yes...bob
Posted By: Bob_mt Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

I’m counting the days like you when I can draw social security. I’m not a blowhard like you, im not rich like you nor am I blackheart broke. We do well, for ourselves. I will not have to draw social security in my life. That’s a fact..

will not have to?.....or not going to?.....big differance....bob
Originally Posted by Sako76
Little spoiled and pampered brats blaming boomers

Says the generation that was literally handed everything and completely fu cked this country.

I actually think the boomer generation wants to destroy the country, they are so self absorbed they can't imagine anything continuing without them.
Posted By: IA_fog Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

Trump is a boomer.

You must be one of the entitlement generation

Says the generation that was literally handed everything and completely fu cked this country.

I actually think the boomer generation wants to destroy the country, they are so self absorbed they can't imagine anything continuing without them.

Jackson
Please list three reason you hate the boomers so much? And btw how old are you? Just curious which group is hating the boomers so much
On average boomers are

1. Incredibly rude (especially in old age)
2. Entitled
3. Lazy

I was lucky and had older parents from the silent generation, not worthless hippie boomers.
Posted By: Chuck_R Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by EdM

I'm drawing mine next year at 65 for the same reasons, latest estimate puts it at $34K.

Guys should google Social Security breakeven point, and do a realistic assessment of your longevity.

Bottom line is there's no real one size fits all for when to draw. There's a benefit to drawing earlier while you still have the physical capabilities to enjoy it.. (route I'm taking). Especially if your retirement savings, pensions etc. are covering all the basics.

IAW my latest, I paid in $155K and my employers paid in $159K since "74" when I started working in HS. My breakeven pt is 79 for the delta between collecting at 65 and 67.
On average boomers are

2. Entitled
3. Lazy

I was lucky and had older parents from the silent generation, not worthless hippie boomers.

1. Most people are rude today not just boomers. We were out for supper the other night and first bite into our pizza the girl brings the checkout scanner and wants my card. I’m like wtf and she acted pissed cause i said im still eating here
2. Entitled??? How? Because they worked and earned a home? I saw in t he other boomer post someone said the young workers will never own a home too costly cant make enough. My first real job after college paid $17,000 a year interest to borrow money was 8%( btw i borrowed money at 13% in the early 80’s to buy my first vehicle). Today that same job starts at $80,000 and has bonuses up to another $30 the first year. Interest today yes has increased but just a couple years ago was 3-4% range.
3. Lazy?? Don’t think i ever saw a boomer in my life say oh im butt hurt from th election i cant work or im waiting for my covid money. I learned my work ethic from the boomers as i always tried to work harder just to prove i could

You didnt answer your age but your reasons for the hate sound like my hate for gen y,z and millennials, always have their hand out and never want to work for it. I’m early gen x btw
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
a lot of folks here seem to really care about the affairs of others.
Posted By: hosfly Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
I have worked and paid into this system for over 40 yrs,, At a very high rate,, turned 60 this year,, at 62 bet your ASS im gonna draw! Hope to have 10-15 yrs left with aching joints and 60 yr old body from hard work and the stress of managing crews and equip on jobs ,for 2 diff companies,, jobs that have averaged $8million a year for the 24 years I was a supervisor,,, so when its time to draw off some that I have paid in ? BET your ASS that I will! and when retired, I will work when I want,operating equip, continue to raise beef, train an occasional horse, buy,repair and sell an ocasional pc of equip, and fish an hunt for the remaining years ,, at 62 one can hope for 10 yr of reasonable health, another 5 or so of failing health ,, so all you "boomer" hating [bleep] get over it,go to work try to make a hand, quit complaing, put your head down and earn a living ,,damn it aint hard to cut the apron strings,,, yall are marshmellows,,, Theres NO participation trophy in life,,
Originally Posted by IA_fog
You didnt answer...... I’m early gen x btw

I don't care

Keep kissing boomer azz, they'll keep hoping you fail.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
a lot of folks here seem to really care about the affairs of others.

How would you know?

I don't care

Id much rather kiss a boomers ass than your whining ass. Do you have that i gotta keep up with the jones struggle? Maybe you should get a second job instead of spending all day whining about boomers

I don't care

Id much rather kiss a boomers ass than your whining ass. Do you have that i gotta keep up with the jones struggle? Maybe you should get a second job instead of spending all day whining about boomers
HEE HHEE,,, and realized He actually has to pay for his car insurance, andnow his own kids car insurance,, And Dad, (not mom ever) told him that He was taking him off the family healthcare plan and also Him and his wifes cell phones off dads plan,, All because life is SOOO unfair that he is expected to clean up the basement AND chip in for internet, in ADDITION to taking out the trash can on tue at the break of noon,,

I don't care

ANd dipshits like you prove boomers right,,
Originally Posted by hosfly

I don't care

ANd dipshits like you prove boomers right,,

In your dreams. Pathetic old bìtch.

I don't care

No whining, just winning. And no, I don't chase material things like boomers have done. I've seen the folly of their ways.

Face it boomer fúcks, the world will go on without your self centered pathetic generation.
Lots of years putting up
On average boomers are

2. Entitled
3. Lazy

Boomers have basically been putting up the BS longer than most on the rock. Patience worn thin & many no longer suffer fools gladly. If you encounter rudeness from them on a regular basis it might be because you are there. grin
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Sure looks like a whine to me Barney.
Originally Posted by Mike_S

It's an observation you dumb old fat crybaby bìtch boomer. Shouldn't you be at Macdonalds drinking coffee with other worthless fùcks?

It's an observation you dumb old fat bìtch.
When you get brought up on charges the next time and the powers that be read your incoherent nonsense I hope you have another career to fall back on. Your posts are gold. And evidence you shouldn’t have a badge and a gun.

When you get brought up on charges the next time and the powers that be read your incoherent nonsense I hope you have another career to fall back on. Your posts are gold. And evidence you shouldn’t have a badge and a gun.

Hey look who's crying now lol boohoo lol

So pathetic.

Haha couldn’t clean up your post. Dumb a$$. You prove my point.
LOL get your feelers hurt Son? Im 60 still turn in 12 hrs a day , can coon hunt, work cattle,run equip, keep up with my sons,daughters, work on the farm, while you are sucking wind , its resolve you lack son,, time for daydreams was over when you graduated high school,, life is about accountability, and responsibility,, put your shoulder to the wheel and give yourself and family a weeks work, you will feel better about yourself,, hard to hear somtimes,I know,,but needs said,

I almost felt bad, but come to think of it you are an old fat crybaby bìtch....for the record.

Keep being a whiney boomer, maybe someone will eventually care

I almost felt bad, but come to think of it you are an old fat crybaby bìtch....for the record.
Only one crying is you Barney. Walmart is calling, not in the front end maybe loading dock is your future. Pathetic.

Only one crying is you Barney. Walmart is calling, not in the front end maybe loading dock is your future. Pathetic.

Lol lol lol keep crying and dreaming.
Lots of years putting up
On average boomers are

2. Entitled
3. Lazy

Boomers have basically been putting up the BS longer than most on the rock. Patience worn thin & many no longer suffer fools gladly. If you encounter rudeness from them on a regular basis it might be because you are there. grin
True,,, If every one jackoffhandily meets is an asswhole,,, what is the common denominator?
You losers get so worked up over a little fun.

Lol lol lol keep crying and dreaming.
Progressive discipline is in your future not your friend Barney.
Originally Posted by hosfly
Lots of years putting up
On average boomers are

2. Entitled
3. Lazy

True,,, If every one jackoffhandily meets is an asswhole,,, what is the common denominator?

I said on average. Not everyone. Again you boomers get so worked up about everything. If you're not the boomers I'm talking about, why do you care? Because deep down you know I'm talking about YOU. Lol
If you are going to say stupid things at least own them. Maybe Barney is the wrong name for you. He was basically a nice guy that couldn’t be trusted with a loaded gun. You aren’t at all nice, or competent it seems. Please keep proving the point.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
The world needs more face to face conversations and less keyboard commandos. We could learn that both sides are not likely what they seem to be like behind a keyboard.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Numbers be damned. I’d have been a fool to keep working after 40 years when I was able to retire and do WTF I want for the rest of my life. In July I’ll be out 14 years. Those years of freedom were priceless, and I’m looking forward to many more, God willing. I saw far too many retire at the more traditional age only to die shortly afterwards to chance that.
If you are going to say stupid things at least own them. Maybe Barney is the wrong name for you. He was basically a nice guy that couldn’t be trusted with a loaded gun. You aren’t at all nice, or competent it seems. Please keep proving the point.

Keep obsessing. But it's probably not healthy
I said on average. Not everyone. Again you boomers get so worked up about everything. If you're not the boomers I'm talking about, why do you care? Because deep down you know I'm talking about YOU. Lol

One more time for the slow old folks

Good job de-escalating. Never going to see a pension check. NEVER.

Good job de-escalating. Never going to see a pension check. NEVER.

Clearly struck a chord....
Oh wow
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

Yes it is.

Probably for you! Guess you're still sucking on your Moms tit!

Yes it is.

Ummm I think the point was if you paid into it, you're entitled to social security.

Boomers these days...
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by rost495
The world needs more face to face conversations and less keyboard commandos. We could learn that both sides are not likely what they seem to be like behind a keyboard.
Absolutely.

Unfortunately, people love to hate; it's exciting, it gets the blood going and you don't have to do any of that hard critical thinking.

Just HBH.

Truth!!
Hey Jackmeoffwithurhand,, I see ur from Chicago land of the libtards. I’m only 4 hrs away if you ever think your man enough come this way I got a few boomers I want to see if you can out work

Truth!!
Hey Jackmeoffwithurhand,, I see ur from Chicago land of the libtards. I’m only 4 hrs away if you ever think your man enough come this way I got a few boomers I want to see if you can out work

The propensity for homo-erotic fantasies in this forum is concerning.

I have no desire to meet up with you.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
I am still scratching my head how an earned entitlement is a bad thing to some. Just because SS is an entitlement to people that have earned or qualified for it doesn't make it wrong or bad in my opinion. It is almost like the entitled acting people have somehow morphed the word "entitlement" into a negative.

Somewhat like the description "Karen" has tainted women named Karen.
Posted By: Mohall57 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

Truth!!

The propensity for homo-erotic fantasies in this forum is concerning.

I have no desire to meet up with you.
Agreed, such extreme vitriol, whats with you folks?

Truth!!
Just don't challenge him to a donut eating or gum flapping contest. LOL.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by Longbob
I am still scratching my head how an earned entitlement is a bad thing to some. Just because SS is an entitlement to people that have earned or qualified for it doesn't make it wrong or bad in my opinion. It is almost like the entitled acting people have somehow morphed the word "entitlement" into a negative.

It’s not a bad thing, unless one lacks the common logic to understand it,

If one lacks common logic, then it opens the door for one to complain and whine on the internet about it,

Ignorance with a side dish of envy.

Not one single person whining about SS, will refuse their’s, Not one, Fact.

Post count, +1
I’m only 4 hrs away if you ever think your man enough come this way I got a few boomers I want to see if you can out work

And there it is......LOL !!
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

Yes it is.

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion; but it’s the basic definition of entitlement.

Look it up.

It's an observation you dumb old fat crybaby bìtch boomer. Shouldn't you be at Macdonalds drinking coffee with other worthless fùcks?
Harbee’s > MacDonal’s
Posted By: viking Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
There’s gunna be some nice gun collections up for sale in a few years, cheap too.
You boomers wearin green today🍀🍀
Posted By: texasbatman Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
What is it with you people? Is there not enough hate between the race groups to satisfy yall? Evidently not. Now we have to further expand the hate between the age groups as well. Boomers, millennials, Generation X, Y. Z. You hate spewing bastards make me want to puke. God help us all.

Jim
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Investments are NOT entitlements and SS is nothing more than a forced and extorted investment! I’m not even close to being a “boomer” I’m a proud “Gen X” raised by parents who still fall into the greatest generation (I think since they were born in 1941). I don’t understand the vitriol and animosity spewed and I’m not interested in getting sucked into the childish name calling….I hope. 😂

Receiving SS is no different than receiving an annuity payment or 401k distribution.

Off to more important things for the time being.

Have a good Sunday guys!
Posted By: Pugs Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by texasbatman
What is it with you people? Is there not enough hate between the race groups to satisfy yall? Evidently not. Now we have to further expand the hate between the age groups as well. Boomers, millennials, Generation X, Y. Z. You hate spewing bastards make me want to puke. God help us all.

Jim

It's a sign of the lack of other things to gripe about. Everyone bitches about the country going to hell in a hand basket but a bunch of guys who, in theory, have a lot of common interests are tossing crap at each other based on an entirely notional and arbitrary set of birthdays for lack of anything really bad to discuss.

As for me I'm off to cast .45 bullets this afternoon.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by BFaucett

English Composition

"English composition is the study of fundamental reading and writing concepts and skills. Reading comprehension, grammar, the writing process, citing sources, and writing effectively to communicate ideas are topics usually covered within English composition classes."

https://learn.org/articles/What_is_English_Composition.html

Correcting others writing is considered to be evidence of low moral character. You voted for Biden? All the evidence I need.

Love it when a Utard pops up and tells us how great Romney is.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

fuck trump, all that needs be said

Awwwwww did your ruin your tampon?
Posted By: smokepole Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by Pugs

Jim

It's a sign of the lack of other things to gripe about. Everyone bitches about the country going to hell in a hand basket but a bunch of guys who, in theory, have a lot of common interests are tossing crap at each other based on an entirely notional and arbitrary set of birthdays for lack of anything really bad to discuss.

As for me I'm off to cast .45 bullets this afternoon.

Cabin fever season.

Funny schit right there. Tell me what talents you possess? I mean your mental health condition is noted. Can you build an engine? Wire a house? Wire a motorcycle? Repair most AC systems? Build rifles? Catch fish every time you go out? Pay your own bills? Do you pay taxes? Have any idea what oil rigs do? Make good positive political decisions? Tell what sex you are? I'm thinking no on all counts.
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
This has to be one of the saddest, most pathetic threads ever started.
Please delete any and all posts to save whatever face you Boomers have.

And here we have him, the most puzzy hurt Biden voting retard on the forum. How about that, Boomer entitlements include laughs at the pitiful little suck losers.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
You youngsters keep working and keep our retirement funded for us. Try not to be sad and whiny about it. We did it for those before us.

Ha ha ha Well I have witnessed some dumb schit you posted. I still think you voted for Biden. As for understanding it, they just suck. Weak, lazy stuck in their screens and not willing to learn.

Trump is a boomer.
And a rich NYC yankee to boot.

I hold the Yankee part against him along with him not drinking. Still far better than that retard Biden.
I'm thinking no on all counts.

Lol you and thinking are like oil and water lol

Like i said, if you're an outlier and not a worthless boomer, why get so mad?

Boomers bigly mad
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

Jim

My opinion is that social media, TV, via the Democrat/Socialist machine drive this. Division and wealth envy are powerful. Between the lines of Bidens SOTU was loads of divisive messaging. Tax the rich, tax corporations. President Trump will destroy democracy.

Many people, maybe subliminally, hear this messaging and buy into it.

The DNC is a very effective using the tools of distraction/manipulate.
Someone woke up bitchy

LOL !!

Trump is a boomer.

So spending 21 years of my life either on military bases or in the Navy means I don't care about this county? I will tell you what I don't care about. You. I don't know what sex you identify as but for sure if you were my son or daughter I would leave my money to the local animal shelter. If you were drowning the only way I would lend a hand would be if I knew your family personally. Wouldn't want your momma crying about your pitiful dum azz. Tell me what you have done for this country? Voted for Biden is not a positive.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Investments are NOT entitlements and SS is nothing more than a forced and extorted investment! I’m not even close to being a “boomer” I’m a proud “Gen X” raised by parents who still fall into the greatest generation (I think since they were born in 1941). I don’t understand the vitriol and animosity spewed and I’m not interested in getting sucked into the childish name calling….I hope. 😂

Receiving SS is no different than receiving an annuity payment or 401k distribution.

Have a good Sunday guys!

I agree 100% except.......

When the amount you get exceeds what you forced to put in by 1-1/2, then IMHO it becomes an entitlement.

Once the SS system was figuered out Politicians couldn't wait to get their hands on that big ole pile of cash to play with.
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Jim

My opinion is that social media, TV, via the Democrat/Socialist machine drive this. Division and wealth envy are powerful. Between the lines of Bidens SOTU was loads of divisive messaging. Tax the rich, tax corporations. President Trump will destroy democracy.

Blackheart was born an azzhole.
Lol boomers are too ate up with the US vs them (republican vs democrat) illusion to know both parties are out to fùck you.

News flash, you're not going to be on the winning team, unless you apart of the political class. But you mopes keep eating it up lol

I would say that's a fair statement.

Have you ever noticed the ones bitching about President Trump not being "Presidential" are mainly Boomers?
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I would say that's a fair statement.

Have you ever noticed the ones bitching about President Trump not being "Presidential" are mainly Boomers?

Correct.

Literally handed everything? Would you fill that out for us? And why would we want to destroy the country? In reality you retards are doing a fine job and our only hopes are either deport every leftard in the country with prejudice or Trump lives long enough to clean up the messes you retards voted in. As for you weak worthless POS look around. Who among you has any real usable skills?
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Jim

Blackheart was born an azzhole.

Blackheart is a grumpy old fuqk no doubt. My guess he's sick and fuqking tired of what he see's and is done giving a fuqk. All that said, it doesn't make him wrong in what he says.

Lol, hell if I was 300 years old and seen the things he's seen I'd probably be a cranky old fuqk too!!
Rickety is fired up
Posted By: johnn Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Just remember the chinks love it when we're divided.
Originally Posted by okie
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

If one is broke and has no other means to support themselves then by all means start drawing on it at 70% at age 62. But to start drawing on it to pay for your big game hunting trips or other adventures well, I’m sure social security wasn’t meant for that. If you are a big money hustla like some on here proclaim to be just wait until 67 and draw the full 100%.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
So spending 21 years of my life either on military bases or in the Navy means I don't care about this county? I will tell you what I don't care about. You. I don't know what sex you identify as but for sure if you were my son or daughter I would leave my money to the local animal shelter. If you were drowning the only way I would lend a hand would be if I knew your family personally. Wouldn't want your momma crying about your pitiful dum azz. Tell me what you have done for this country? Voted for Biden is not a positive.

Wow a lot to unpack here.

1. I'm glad you spent 21yrs "fighting for freedom" (who's? nobody knows, but probably someone in a far away land, thanks?)
2. Stop obsessing over sex, it's weird
3. I wouldn't want your money, boomer
4. I'm a good swimmer, drowning is unlikely
5. Momma wouldn't be crying...see #4
6. I've served my community for 12yrs, arresting azzhats like you that do dumb ŝhit like drive drunk, beat their dumb wives, molest kids, stab folks, etc.
7. Voted for Trump twice. Lol

Dam you are dumb.
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
1) Everything is someone else's fault.

2) Epedience trumps all.

3) No generation has shown otherwise, only individuals.

4) Keep being divided and conquered, good show.
Posted By: TRexF16 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

Have a good Sunday guys!

When the amount you get exceeds what you forced to put in by 1-1/2, then IMHO it becomes an entitlement.

Once the SS system was figuered out Politicians couldn't wait to get their hands on that big ole pile of cash to play with.

So social security should be a 0% savings account? Even at only a 3% annual interest rate, a $200 monthly SS contribution will yield way over double the total contribution over a 50-year working life ($120,000 in, $270,712 out).
Receiving only a 50% increase in SS distributions over one's contributions, isn't an entitlement, it's an absolute *ss r*pe. If one was allowed to keep that $200/month an invest it in the S&P 500 (50-year return = 10.26% annual), they'd be sitting on $3,066,600 at retirement. Almost EVERYONE who draws SS is getting screwed by it, compared to where they'd be if they'd just kept their money.
Politicians (like the lottery) rely on people being bad at math!

Cheers,
Rex
On average boomers are

2. Entitled
3. Lazy

Now that is funny. Rude to you hands out little POS! Boomer entitlemnt right there. Entitiled? Tell me about my entitlements? What exactly are you talking about? SS to me is nothing more than cash for toys. Lazy not at all I have been rebuilding the front end on my lifted 98 Cheverolet K1500, rebuilding the 40 HP motor on my duck boat, fishing hard with my Grandson,hog hunting and calling you leftards blithering idiots. The massive number of leftards make this time consuming.
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

will not have to?.....or not going to?.....big differance....bob

Both, my plans have never factored in social security.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by johnn
Just remember the chinks love it when we're divided.

^^ true words ^^ remember those words when were gone !
On average boomers are

2. Entitled
3. Lazy

Now that is funny. Rude to you hands out little POS! Boomer entitlemnt right there. Entitiled? Tell me about my entitlements? What exactly are you talking about? SS to me is nothing more than cash for toys. Lazy not at all I have been rebuilding the front end on my lifted 98 Cheverolet K1500, rebuilding the 40 HP motor on my duck boat, fishing hard with my Grandson,hog hunting and calling you leftards blithering idiots. The massive number of leftards make this time consuming.

You have hobbies other than yelling at clouds and bìtching? Good for you boomer.

BTW I'm glad you find me funny, I do too, I'm working a bit here...
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Valsdad
anybody got an address....?
I know, right.

Especially if the boomers hoggin the tables are some of the Good Guys

I don't care

There seems to be a problem with your thinking, a serious problem. I don't hope any generation fails. The problem I am seeing is that many of your generation are utterly worthless and no matter what I think they are going to fail. You considering your epic level stupidity, the best that could happen to you would be a lightening strike. Improve the gene pool.

I don't care

No whining, just winning. And no, I don't chase material things like boomers have done. I've seen the folly of their ways.

Face it boomer fúcks, the world will go on without your self centered pathetic generation.

Winning what? Ha ha ha! You don't do material things? Like houses, cars, clothes and food? Yes the world will go on but your self centered pathetic sniveling azz won't do a dam thing to help yourself. Who will pay your bills? You going to live on the street?

I don't care

There seems to be a problem with your thinking, a serious problem. I don't hope any generation fails. The problem I am seeing is that many of your generation are utterly worthless and no matter what I think they are going to fail. You considering your epic level stupidity, the best that could happen to you would be a lightening strike. Improve the gene pool.

Ok. That means my generation is keeping up with the tradition of your pathetic generation. I'm not going to fùcking freak out because people in my generation are worthless. I'm not. So why would I get butthurt?

But you know you are a worthless old fool that did nothing with your life, besides apparently working on a pos Chevy. Ok. Cool. Stop being outraged all the time, it's silly.

I don't care

Winning what? Ha ha ha! You don't do material things? Like houses, cars, clothes and food? Yes the world will go on but your self centered pathetic sniveling azz won't do a dam thing to help yourself. Who will pay your bills? You going to live on the street?

Ramblings of an old fool....an angry old fool. The clock is ticking, you don't have much time, don't spend it being so bitter.

Maybe you're angry because you've been a worthless fùck your whole life and have come to the realization it's almost over....?
Originally Posted by TRexF16

Have a good Sunday guys!

So social security should be a 0% savings account? Even at only a 3% annual interest rate, a $200 monthly SS contribution will yield way over double the total contribution over a 50-year working life ($120,000 in, $270,712 out).
Receiving only a 50% increase in SS distributions over one's contributions, isn't an entitlement, it's an absolute *ss r*pe. If one was allowed to keep that $200/month an invest it in the S&P 500 (50-year return = 10.26% annual), they'd be sitting on $3,066,600 at retirement. Almost EVERYONE who draws SS is getting screwed by it, compared to where they'd be if they'd just kept their money.

Cheers,
Rex

I recall Bush II proposing that SS funds could be "invested" in the stock market being managed by the individual to potentially increase their payout when they begin receiving SS benefits.

THAT sounded like a hairbrained scheme to me, to be avoided at all costs. Pure manipulation on Bushes part to prop up wall street.
Plz get along fellas

Cheers,
Rex

You shouldn't expect the .gov to be an investment firm and to take care of you, Maybe you're expecting to much........

Almost EVERYONE who draws SS is getting screwed by it, compared to where they'd be if they'd just kept their money.

Absolute fact but to expect the .gov to grow your money for you is nothing short of crazy.
Plz get along fellas

Lol, OK Rodney!

Have a good Sunday guys!

Cheers,
Rex

I recall Bush II proposing that SS funds could be "invested" in the stock market being managed by the individual to potentially increase their payout when they begin receiving SS benefits.

THAT sounded like a hairbrained scheme to me, to be avoided at all costs. Pure manipulation on Bushes part to prop up wall street.

Yeah ph ucking crazy of Bush 2 thinking Americans were adults and could manage their own retirements by putting their money into a TSP/401k account. For the record state Alaska employees do not pay into social security the state puts it into a 401k with matching contributions.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Yes it is.

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion; but it’s the basic definition of entitlement.

Look it up.

I did, and I feel differently than you about it.

Posted By: BFaucett Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

Why Millennial Parents Are Having Problems Raising Gen Z and Alpha
video posted to YouTube on Feb 26, 2024

The world isn't ready for Gen Alpha
video posted to YouTube on Jun 6, 2023

Americans Are REFUSING To Grow Up, Boomers Treat Millennials Like Children And They Act Like It
video posted to YouTube on Mar 17, 2024

Boomers bigly mad

Not mad, amused at what a pitiful POS you must be and how your low character defines you.

Boomers bigly mad

Not mad, amused at what a pitiful POS you must be and how your low character defines you.

Boohoo keep being outraged. Go make another thread bìtching about something....

Just another worthless boomer
Posted By: Hastings Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24

Cheers,
Rex

You shouldn't expect the .gov to be an investment firm and to take care of you, Maybe you're expecting to much........

Almost EVERYONE who draws SS is getting screwed by it, compared to where they'd be if they'd just kept their money.

Absolute fact but to expect the .gov to grow your money for you is nothing short of crazy.
The problem with allowing people to individually set up a fund for themselves in retirement is that well over half of the population would not do it and without government intervention would end up living outdoors and die. That is not something our society is ready for although we are easing in that direction with some governments already endorsing euthanasia for the ill and elderly.

In particular I know of a case in which an older middle-aged state employee resigned so as to be able to withdraw her many years of contributions to the state system for the relief of her credit card debt. And then went back to work for the same agency after cleaning out the retirement account. The 1/2 of the account that the state had contributed vanished back into the general fund and now the stupid woman doesn't have time to build up a decent retirement and has never paid into SS.

This is why the government set up the SS system. In the 1930s when SS was illegally instituted there were old people actually starving and children going hungry. It may very well happen again in a complete bust. I don't see the young folks supporting their elders anymore.

In any case probably less than half the country has more than a month worth of money to tide them over if they had any money at all.
If the Gov. took your money under the guise of SS, you have the right to expect it back.

If they did not, you have no reason to expect anything.
If the Gov. took your money under the guise of SS, you have the right to expect it back.

^^^This^^^
Posted By: old_boots Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
SS was never meant to be the sole means of retirement income, it was meant as a supplement. People are supposed to save for retirement, smart people do and dumb people don't...
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by Gibby

Same here
It's simple- it likely was learned by kids in our FedGov school system -->> Divide & Conquer , I'm sure you've heard/seen how well it works.

Look it up.

You “feel” differently? It’s the first definition ffs. If you put in, you have a legal right to receive it. This isn’t hard.

Originally Posted by old_boots
SS was never meant to be the sole means of retirement income, it was meant as a supplement. People are supposed to save for retirement, smart people do and dumb people don't...
Correct, and most people are dumb or ignore the arithmetic (which is dumb).
Speaking of entitled Boomers and useless young people....

The old woman says there are about a half dozen people taking the CNA class just so they will be able to provide home health care to their in-laws or parents.

Pretty cool deal I think.
Nice
Speaking of entitled Boomers and useless young people....

The old woman says there are about a half dozen people taking the CNA class just so they will be able to provide home health care to their in-laws or parents.

Pretty cool deal I think.

Now see, big Jim and his lady are out serving/helping the people. He ain't no worthless boomer.
I dont get the boomer hatred. Both of my parents are/were of the boomer generation and I watched them get up everyday and work a job to provide for us kids. They never asked for or got any kind of handouts. The old man did that for 42 years, retired, got a few good years and died of cancer. That was one of the reasons that I decided to work for myself. There are the boomers that lived like my parents and worked hard and then there are the ones that were protesting hippies in the 60's, dodging the draft and then entering government.
Not the same thing at all.
The only thing I'll give them shìt about is their naivety to believing what they see and hear online, or falling for photoshopped pics, fake Facebook profiles of hot chick's sending them friend requests, etc...
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

If one is broke and has no other means to support themselves then by all means start drawing on it at 70% at age 62. But to start drawing on it to pay for your big game hunting trips or other adventures well, I’m sure social security wasn’t meant for that. If you are a big money hustla like some on here proclaim to be just wait until 67 and draw the full 100%.

Depending on your longevity, you're overall payout may be larger by drawing early rather than waiting.

As I posted earlier, my breakeven point is 79 years old, IF I live longer than that it would have made better sense to wait until 66 or 67 to draw VS 65 as I plan to.

IF I die before 79 and had waited until 67, the .GOV "wins" in that my total payout would be less. That's not even taking into consideration that I can take a portion of the money I'm getting early and invest it, with good odds of getting a higher return than the increase in waiting until 67.

Currently the average life expectancy for a male in the US is somewhere around 76 years old. IF I die then, the delta is $21K less in total benefits IF I wait until 67 to start drawing VS. 65.

My expected payments until age 76 (based on my current status and no further payments into SS):

65 2891.00 a month for 132 months = $381,612.00
67 3336.00 a month for 108 months = $360,288.00

Now I can easily use my retirement savings as a bridging strategy until I start SS, but that money right now is doing really well in the market.
Posted By: MTGunner Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
No such thing as entitlements for boomers who have paid and paid and paid. Boomers that worked an entire career do not receive entitlements. Boomers get SS insurance as detailed. Those that paid more get more! Those that paid little get little. PERIOD! I virtually get angry when I hear the term ENTITLEMENTS! MTG
How come Welfare Programs and USDA Programs are never presented as funding at risk but SS funding going belly up in 2033?

Welfare and USDA are entitlements.
This place gets curiouser and curiouser ever dang day.

And hilariouser too.
How come Welfare Programs and USDA Programs are never presented as funding at risk but SS funding going belly up in 2033?

Welfare and USDA are entitlements.
I get a USDA subsidy payment every now and then and a CRP payment every year. USDA payments are NOT entitlements, they are unearned gifts. I take it because I'm not turning down money.

The USDA programs have made 3 married couples I know into millionaires. All the information you would ever want on who gets what from ag programs is available to anyone that cares to look. The place to look is EWG Farm Subsidy Database. You will be amazed at what some folks have drawn in the last 20 odd years.

If you do a search because you are nosy like me it helps to know the grown kids names and their spouses.

I've noticed an odd thing in that the ones that suck up the most USDA money criticize food stamps and welfare the most.

Look it up.

You “feel” differently? It’s the first definition ffs. If you put in, you have a legal right to receive it. This isn’t hard.

So I note is says nothing about having paid for that right does it? If I buy a bag of potatoes are those potatoes an entitlement? Is SS a right? It's not in the Constitution though it was legislated into existence. Is gun ownership an entitlement? Free speech? If I have a just claim to SS why can't I ask for all my benefits in cash payable immediately? My 401K worked out nicely, dumping 6.2% of my income into SS over 50 years not so much. Some of those years I put in 12.4% of my income because I was self employed. Seems to me that as a lump sum adjusted for inflation would be some nice coin. As far as that goes I pay taxes on the SS I receive and at the same time I pay into SS where I work. Personally I would rather have invested that money into my 401K. I see SS as a fund I was forced to pay into and do not see getting repaid as an entitlement.
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
The only thing I'll give them shìt about is their naivety to believing what they see and hear online, or falling for photoshopped pics, fake Facebook profiles of hot chick's sending them friend requests, etc...

It's like a living meme....
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by Chuck_R
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Depending on your longevity, you're overall payout may be larger by drawing early rather than waiting.

As I posted earlier, my breakeven point is 79 years old, IF I live longer than that it would have made better sense to wait until 66 or 67 to draw VS 65 as I plan to.

IF I die before 79 and had waited until 67, the .GOV "wins" in that my total payout would be less. That's not even taking into consideration that I can take a portion of the money I'm getting early and invest it, with good odds of getting a higher return than the increase in waiting until 67.

Currently the average life expectancy for a male in the US is somewhere around 76 years old. IF I die then, the delta is $21K less in total benefits IF I wait until 67 to start drawing VS. 65.

My expected payments until age 76 (based on my current status and no further payments into SS):

Now I can easily use my retirement savings as a bridging strategy until I start SS, but that money right now is doing really well in the market.

But; the average life expectancy in U.S if you reach age 65 is 86 for female and 83 for male.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Never met either one of you gents.

I have been told best time to pull SS depends on the individual, their resources, their family history, etc.

From what I read from EdM, I would guess he has the numbers part down pat.

If he is pulling it at 62, there is some sound financial reasoning going on.

From what I read from 79s, he doesn't make stuff up either.

Waiting is probably the right move for him based on taxes, life expectancy, expected additional work income, etc.

Moral of the story: drawing ss for an individual at a particular age may or may not be a good move, depending on their unique circumstances.
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

But; the average life expectancy in U.S if you reach age 65 is 86 for female and 83 for male.

Agreed, but you/I also have to take into account hereditary longevity to some extent. In my case, I'll be "over-achieving" to make it to 79 based on family history. IF I do somehow make it to 83, the net loss (todays dollars) would be roughly $16K in drawing as planned at 65 VS waiting till I'm 67.

The biggest difference in when to claim IMHO, is the need/requirement.

For some they NEED it to be able to retire, for other's it's not NEEDED, but can make retirement more enjoyable. It's a personal choice and we all assume some risk. In my case I'd rather enjoy the next 5-10 years while physically capable of going on hunts etc.

I also plan on using some of the SS money to pay taxes on some ROTH conversions to gain more tax free income down the road.
Posted By: TRexF16 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Thanks for that post, Sycamore. I began drawing at 63 (wanted to do so at 62 but was still earning a little consulting money on the side that put me over the earned income limit that year.).
When I first sat down with my current financial manager several years ago, he asked "when to you plan to take SS?" When I answered "62", he said - "Thank goodness, you saved me from having to have to talk you into that!"

I really disagree with the earlier point that "really needing the money" is the only valid reason to take SS early. On the contrary, NOT needing the money is one of the very best reasons to take it as early as possible.
First - If you don't need it at all, and just invest it in equities, your expected value over time will be higher, because the market historically grows at much better than the percentage you realize leaving your SS with Uncle Sugar."
Second - If you're just going to use it to have fun with, money is a lot more fun when you're younger. The way our bodies start to degrade with age, an African safari may be a far more enjoyable event at age 63 than at age 68.

Lastly, ALL of the SS planning tools you see, and ALL that have been used to illustrate different folks' personal feelings about when to take it, have a common assumption - that the DEAL with SS remains unchanged. I contend this is highly unlikely.
As someone pointed out earlier, SS goes [insolvent] in 2033 (not really "belly-up"). What is the government likely to do to keep it working? They could increase the taxes on those not drawing it yet, or raise the age to be able to. But by far the most likely thing they'll do is legislate a "means test" to it. This is the easiest thing for a politician to NOT get voted out of office for as it is pretty easy for politicians to create "class envy" and convince most people that those who can live without it really don't deserve to get back any of that money they paid into it over their lifetimes.

So I took it early to:
-Get in the club early to already be an established member (grandfather clauses) when/if they start means-testing it
-Use it to have more fun with it while I'm relatively young.

Even if you think the entire decision process is just trying to maximize the money you make in your lifetime (versus maximizing the fond memories you'll have on your deathbed) the uncertainty of SS's future should be a consideration in your decision.

Cheers,
Rex

So I note is says nothing about having paid for that right does it?

We are clearly on separate pages; of different books.

I was forced to pay into SS. Are entitlements forced? I am still paying into SS and paying taxes on the checks they send. How is that entitlement?

I was forced to pay into SS. Are entitlements forced? I am still paying into SS and paying taxes on the checks they send. How is that entitlement?

Two yes/no questions:

Did you pay in?
Do you have a claim to receive benefits?

Two yes/no questions:

Did you pay in?
Do you have a claim to receive benefits?

Look jackass I was forced to pay in. I am still paying in. it is a pay to play Ponsi scheme that hasn't toppled just yet. It is only an entitlement if I had a choice in making the payments. In fact one could call SS an extortion racket with a small payout.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Never met either one of you gents.

I have been told best time to pull SS depends on the individual, their resources, their family history, etc.

From what I read from EdM, I would guess he has the numbers part down pat.

If he is pulling it at 62, there is some sound financial reasoning going on.

From what I read from 79s, he doesn't make stuff up either.

Waiting is probably the right move for him based on taxes, life expectancy, expected additional work income, etc.

Moral of the story: drawing ss for an individual at a particular age may or may not be a good move, depending on their unique circumstances.

I was planning on working a few more years towards maximizing my SS, as I was/am in fairly decent health.

Then, the detached retina thing with loss of vision would have prevented me from doing the job I liked where I worked. The job with LOTS of OT and not having to work around the bosses and scheidt on shore. They were worried about my depth perception and me possibly going over the side. I might have stayed if they'd allowed me to just work the 12 hr night shifts, but no they wanted me to go to days every few weeks in the rotation.

Penciling it out, without the OT I could make x dollars per year or I could retire, collect from my pension/retirement savings and start on SS at 62.5 or so and make..........x dollars per year.................and not have to work 8 months a year away from my wife and dogs, basically support another small household, drive back and forth from wherever she was working/living at the time, etc etc.

Those that have no regular life besides work, or any feeling of self worth unless they're working , might have taken another course than I did.

I have no issues with retirement and our lifestyle. The SS I do get allowed me to set the withdrawals from the retirement savings at a conservative level so that I'm mostly living off the interest. I will likely change that as I get older as I've never seen an armored car in a funeral yet.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
If you are self-employed, Staying in business to some degree. Lets you deduct on taxes.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Well I feel entitled today. Kids and grandkids were coming over to help remove carpet. I ran down and got paint tape, and paint. As soon as the carpet was out, I passed out paint, rollers and trays. Plus a couple trim brushes.
They are all painting, while I enjoy watching, and supervise. And looking at things on the web!
Originally Posted by Heym06
Well I feel entitled today. Kids and grandkids were coming over to help remove carpet. I ran down and got paint tape, and paint. As soon as the carpet was out, I passed out paint, rollers and trays. Plus a couple trim brushes.
They are all painting, while I enjoy watching, and supervise. And looking at things on the web!
Dude,

you must have taken your Ultra Boomer Smart Pills this morning.
Posted By: Wrapids Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by old_boots
Correct, SS was not meant to be a sole retirement income.
But back when, and still today, young and old live way beyond their means, via credit cards they can't support. Talk about fools eh? I can hardly believe the $80K trucks that I doubt haul much more than the driver, but look cool. And meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of jobs go unfilled, by those of working age.
Look jackass I was forced to pay in. I am still paying in. it is a pay to play Ponsi scheme that hasn't toppled just yet. It is only an entitlement if I had a choice in making the payments. In fact one could call SS an extortion racket with a small payout.

Words have meanings; and very specific ones. That you were “forced” to pay in has fúckall to do with it.

You paid in, you have a claim to receive benefits. No more; no less. All your other hand waving is superfluous. I’m not saying it’s fair; just; a good idea; or anything else. But it’s the very definition of an entitlement. That you wish to use alternate definitions or connotations of the word is on you and your willful obstinance.
Can you working slobs decide at which rate to pay into SS?

My folks talk about how there was a range of what they could pay. Min to max.

Is that how it is for you poor 9 to 5 bastards?
Rickity is gonna blow a gasket
You paid in, you have a claim to receive benefits. No more; no less. All your other hand waving is superfluous. I’m not saying it’s fair; just; a good idea; or anything else. But it’s the very definition of an entitlement. That you wish to use alternate definitions

LOL. Sounds so familiar……..

Kenneth wasn’t wrong yesterday, but today you go!
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
If you are a genX, you ain't gonna have SS.

If by some godforsaken miracle we do, I guess I'll take 3K a month (or whatever it is, I have no idea) and give it to my family, cause it's not in my calculations.

I suggest some take similar measures.
Originally Posted by Kenneth
You paid in, you have a claim to receive benefits. No more; no less. All your other hand waving is superfluous. I’m not saying it’s fair; just; a good idea; or anything else. But it’s the very definition of an entitlement. That you wish to use alternate definitions

What are you mumbling about in the third person?

What are you mumbling about in the third person?

You know very well what I’m talking about, Today your saying what I was saying yesterday,

FFS sound familiar? It’s just funny how one day makes a difference in how you think or comment.

Words have meanings; and very specific ones. That you were “forced” to pay in has fúckall to do with it.

You paid in, you have a claim to receive benefits. No more; no less. All your other hand waving is superfluous. I’m not saying it’s fair; just; a good idea; or anything else. But it’s the very definition of an entitlement. That you wish to use alternate definitions or connotations of the word is on you and your willful obstinance.

So akwolverine with your definition of entitlement whic is and i quote you” A legal right or just claim to do, receive, or possess something. Also as mass
noun. Frequently with to.
That means your pickup truck or your house qualifies as entitlement because you claim it is yours right?
Posted By: reivertom Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/17/24
I gonna gits mines!
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by EdM

I'm drawing mine next year at 65 for the same reasons, latest estimate puts it at $34K.

Guys should google Social Security breakeven point, and do a realistic assessment of your longevity.

Bottom line is there's no real one size fits all for when to draw. There's a benefit to drawing earlier while you still have the physical capabilities to enjoy it.. (route I'm taking). Especially if your retirement savings, pensions etc. are covering all the basics.

IAW my latest, I paid in $155K and my employers paid in $159K since "74" when I started working in HS. My breakeven pt is 79 for the delta between collecting at 65 and 67.

Yeah I just started a couple of months before I turn 65. I have to live past 82 for that to be a bad deal but based on my health and family history I'll be done before that. Doing SS and Medicare online was a breeze.
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Food stamps are in the farm bills that the crooks (who don't pay social security taxes yet have a really cushy retirement plan) make a big deal about every five years. Shows the hoi polloi that they can work together for the good of the country. Gets two voting blocks secured for incumbents. The"poor" on welfare and the agriculture producers.

And for you young intellectuals, the USSR was always announcing five and seven year plans so the workers in the workers paradise that is communism would have hope. We on the other hand had a yearly budget, which slowed the globalist agenda somewhat. They had to put their assets in a blind trust to ensure the selfless integrity of public service. It's changed. Bread and circuses for you young folks.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by reivertom
I gonna gits mines!

The boomer motto!
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
I gonna gits mines!

The boomer motto!

That would be, “I’ve already got mine “.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by Houston_2
I gonna gits mines!

The boomer motto!

That would be, “I’ve already got mine “.
Gheyghost popped ur cherry?
Posted By: JakeM78 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
I gonna gits mines!

The boomer motto!
You heard that from your mom, right?
Posted By: JakeM78 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Anyone that blames anyone/generation etc for their life is one seriously screwed up individual.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24

I can't remember ever having an amount option. I started paying in 1970. Recent research to help memory says it's 6.2 % for the employee, with the employer matching that on behalf of each employee.

Just checked, it was 5% withholding in 1978 & 6.2 beginning 1990.

9-5??? ya think workin folks my age were like some movie? This ain't NYC.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by JakeM78
I gonna gits mines!

The boomer motto!
You heard that from your mom, right?

No your whore wife lol
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
When I was 65, I was planning to wait until at least 67 to collect SS because I didn't feel I needed it. I went to the local SS/Medicare office because I had a question about Medicare. I lucked out by getting a rep close to my age when my number was called. After answering my question about medicare, he asked me if I had filed for Social Security yet. I told him No. With 2 quick math problems on his computer.He showed me why I shouldn't have waited past 62, and showed me how much money I had already left on the table, and how much more I would be leaving on the table if I waitedany longer to file. Needless to.say, I filed right then for Social Security.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Bingo.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24

I was just, in the name of one of our esteemed members, a wage slave for most of my years.

I let the higher ups in the dept figure that out. I just did my f'n job.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
When I was 65, I was planning to wait until at least 67 to collect SS because I didn't feel I needed it. I went to the local SS/Medicare office because I had a question about Medicare. I lucked out by getting a rep close to my age when my number was called. After answering my question about medicare, he asked me if I had filed for Social Security yet. I told him No. With 2 quick math problems on his computer.He showed me why I shouldn't have waited past 62, and showed me how much money I had already left on the table, and how much more I would be leaving on the table if I waitedany longer to file. Needless to.say, I filed right then for Social Security.
Uncle of mine wanted to retire @62 his money grubbin bitch wife made him wait till 67 he lived 2 yrs after that 🤬
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24

never heard of that.

6.2% of wages/salary, up to a salary of $168,600. above that, they tell me one isn't taxed for SS.
Posted By: viking Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24

Back in the day my folks said; you either give it to the government or give it to the machine dealers.

They chose machinery.
Posted By: antlers Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
6.2% of wages/salary, up to a salary of $168,600. Above that, they tell me one isn't taxed for SS.
Yep. If you make up to 168,600 dollars in 2024, you pay social security taxes on 100% of that. But if someone makes 10 million dollars in 2024, they still only pay social security taxes on the first 168,600 dollars. They don’t pay any social security taxes on the rest of the 10 million dollars that they made for the year.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by antlers
6.2% of wages/salary, up to a salary of $168,600. Above that, they tell me one isn't taxed for SS.
Yep. If you make up to 168,600 dollars in 2024, you pay social security taxes on 100% of that. But if someone makes 10 million dollars in 2024, they still only pay social security taxes on the first 168,600 dollars. They don’t pay any social security taxes on the rest of the 10 million dollars that they made for the year.

Yes, that is true. But there is no cap on wages for Medicare tax.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24

Yes, that is true. But there is no cap on wages for Medicare tax.

Yep.

For those on Medicare:

If your AGI is over a certain amount the monthly cost Of Medicare goes up until you drop back below that amount.

Not exactly means testing per se but similar.
Posted By: EdM Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Jim,

If I were able as you are you to have the choice between paying into SS or elsewhere I would head elsewhere and meet with a Fidelity or Vanguard rep. Your are more than sharp to find the right plan for you and your family.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by local_dirt
yes. Will be 62 for us for sure. We don't need it either because we have prepared. That said what money they have taken from us has been mis managed so we will take back every penny we can get. Give to the nephews if nothing else.
Posted By: antlers Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
What about guys who are in their early 60’s who continue to work, and want to work until their full retirement age of 67, and haven’t started drawing social security at all, yet…? If they chose to go ahead and ‘also’ start drawing SS before their full retirement age while they continued to work, wouldn’t they ‘also’ have to pay federal income taxes on 85% of the social security money that they’re drawing…?
Posted By: Longbob Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
What about guys who are in their early 60’s who continue to work, and want to work until their full retirement age of 67, and haven’t started drawing social security at all, yet…? If they chose to go ahead and ‘also’ start drawing SS before their full retirement age while they continued to work, wouldn’t they ‘also’ have to pay federal income taxes on 85% of the social security money that they’re drawing…?

Worse than that. If you are working and earn over the limit for 2024 $22,230 your SS benefit is reduce $1 for every $2 above that limit if you take it before full retirement age.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
You know very well what I’m talking about, Today your saying what I was saying yesterday,

FFS sound familiar? It’s just funny how one day makes a difference in how you think or comment.

Are you sure?

Posted By: EdM Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Taking SS at 67 rather than 62 would have left me without the $150K I will collect in those 5 years. The numbers are pretty easy to run to see when I would get the $150K back post 67. I am not employed.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by EdM
Taking SS at 67 rather than 62 would have left me without the $150K I will collect in those 5 years. The numbers are pretty easy to run to see when I would get the $150K back post 67. I am not employed.
Don't forget the growth in the later payout of about 7% per year delayed. Everybody has different circumstances as to what works best for them.
Posted By: IA_fog Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by EdM

Ed explain to me the penalty for drawing early and still working
I’m guessing if I’m full time at say $150000 i wouldn’t get anything from ss and it would hurt me later when i do quit full time. But if I went to part time at say $60k a year would i get anything?
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24

Look it up.

By definition your pay check is an entitlement. If you work, you're entitled to get one.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24

Look it up.

By definition your pay check is an entitlement. If you work, you're entitled to get one.

But this is the definition they are pushing on us.

Posted By: rost495 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24

Worse than that. If you are working and earn over the limit for 2024 $22,230 your SS benefit is reduce $1 for every $2 above that limit if you take it before full retirement age.
Thats really easy to solve.

I suppose I'm not of that type A personality that just has to work and go go go. I have plenty to work on and go go go. But at 62 it will be very little for others and mostly for ourselves. Enjoy what we have left. I can turn 22K pretty easy guiding a couple months, still get full. And manage some other ways of income etc... as needed.

Of course we all have the right to choose what route. And if you want to keep working then by all means, like we all should, consult some folks that are on top of this stuff and make sure your choices are correct. We have lunch with our investor at least once a year to talk family, hunting, fishing, and what our next steps are.

Headed to 60 I was under a house 3 days in a row on rocks and in a small space re leveling it for a nephew. Jobs like that can be found that will pay cash and a bit at a time and its pretty easy to get things like that done.

What are you talking about? Who is “they”?

Look it up.

Akwolverine, by your definition your car your house that you have paid for or are paying for are entitlements too

Look it up.

Akwolverine, by your definition your car your house that you have paid for or are paying for are entitlements too

You already posses them.

It is not my definition. It is the Oxford English Dictionary definition.

Look it up.

You already posses them.

And by that definition every pay check you get is an entitlement. You worked for it, your entitled to it.
Posted By: Simplepeddler Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Whew............there is a Chit ton of unearned moral virtue on this thread.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24

In the thread that spawned this boomer rage thread the OP asked for a "definition" of entitlement program and I provided him with a number of links showing that SS is an entitlement program. He got mad and said the one he looked at was not the definition itself (one of the later links was). He appears to have consoled himself with a few drinks, then posted this thread.

There is no amount of facts that will keep these boomers from trying to weasel their way out of this. They are so unbelievably incurious about the world that they didn't ever feel the need to know how any of these programs worked or how they were funded. You can see that in just about every comment one of them makes in these threads.

They were told the bread and circuses would never run out and they bought it the whole way.

In the thread that spawned this boomer rage thread the OP asked for a "definition" of entitlement program and I provided him with a number of links showing that SS is an entitlement program. He got mad and said the one he looked at was not the definition itself (one of the later links was). He appears to have consoled himself with a few drinks, then posted this thread.

There is no amount of facts that will keep these boomers from trying to weasel their way out of this. They are so unbelievably incurious about the world that they didn't ever feel the need to know how any of these programs worked or how they were funded. You can see that in just about every comment one of them makes in these threads.

They were told the bread and circuses would never run out and they bought it the whole way.

You imply I had a choice with regards to paying in or not.

I would gladly take back every nickel I paid in, no interest needed and I will sign away any future fund transactions to me, or to the government.
Yes, for you simpletons, social security is an entitlement, you worked for it, your entitled to it. Just like your pay checks. You work for those, your entitled to them.

That would be Leroy headset and Jackoff Handy.
Yes, for you simpletons, social security is an entitlement, you worked for it, your entitled to it. Just like your pay checks. You work for those, your entitled to them.

I was forced to pay for it. I worked for the money I made.

Social security WAS PART OF YOUR PAY for work you did. You earned that money, the gov't took it, you're entitled to it. You always were. The gov't should have kept their filthy hands off of it in the first place. You bet your ass I want mine back and will take it without one iota of guilt. Only a moron tries to turn entitled into a bad word and make you feel guilty about taking something you earned and are entitled to receive in exchange for work you did. Obviously this place is full of morons.
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler

You imply I had a choice with regards to paying in or not.

I would gladly take back every nickel I paid in, no interest needed and I will sign away any future fund transactions to me, or to the government.

I just looked at my SS statement. To date I have paid, along with my employer (which has been me for many years) over $530,000 in to the program. So yes, I feel I am entitled to draw off that money. By the time I retire I will have paid closer to $600,000 in to the program and will draw maybe $4000 a month at age 67.

That is not a very good return on my investment, but we had no choice but to pay in to the program.
What about ppl on SS that never worked at all
This is a big part of the reason social security is going broke.
Yes indeed
Yes indeed

and they believe they are entitled to SS
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Yes indeed

and they believe they are entitled to SS
A schit show smh
You earned that money, the gov't took it, you're entitled to it. You always were.

As usual, you are not correct. I should be past surprise that you boomers lived your entire lives without bothering to learn anything about how these government programs work, but it still gets me.

Anyway, SS is funded via a tax. You have no contractual right to what you paid in because of that, and the money is not protected by the 5th Amendment. What you have is entitlement to benefits under the program if you qualify which you cannot be denied without Due Process.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
according to many experts if the social security funds were managed as intended there would be boos of money to pay out as intended in social security.
but the bureaucrats run it so of course it was not managed as intended and robbed from.
and then added other stuff for it to pay. so they're in lies the problem for the most part.

the youngsters that think it's just another tax and you're not entitled to nothing need to go back and do some history research..
I'm not sure social security was ever meant to be a total form of comfortable retirement but a bit of a guarantee you would have something to fall back on..

I have been told if you're self-employed you do not have to pay the social security but then you will not be eligible to draw anything. even if you work say 20 years but then worked another 10 plus years not paying in you will forfeit everything you paid in the first 20.
I have been told I do not know if this is 100% true or if this is still true.
You earned that money, the gov't took it, you're entitled to it. You always were.

As usual, you are not correct. I should be past surprise that you boomers lived your entire lives without bothering to learn anything about how these government programs work, but it still gets me.

Anyway, SS is funded via a tax. You have no contractual right to what you paid in because of that, and the money is not protected by the 5th Amendment. What you have is entitlement to benefits under the program if you qualify which you cannot be denied without Due Process.
They took that money from of every pay check. I was entitled to it then, in compensation for work performed. Still am, since I never recived the full amount of payment for that work at the time, no matter how you or anybody else tries to spin it.
I’m 40 is there any hope
Originally Posted by ldholton
the youngsters that think it's just another tax and you're not entitled to nothing need to go back and do some history research..

I didn't see where anyone made that claim. In fact, this thread exists because a Millennial told a boomer that SS is an entitlement program and that boomer threw a fit. You can see several others throwing the same fit over the course.

The fact is that a citizen is entitled to SS program benefits if they qualify and are to be paid out according to the benefit calculation the SSA uses.
I’m 40 is there any hope

Yes
They took that money from of every pay check. I was entitled to it then, in compensation for work performed. Still am, since I never recived the full amount of payment for that work at the time, no matter how you or anybody else tries to spin it. You are. simpleton.

Yes, the money came out of your check as a tax to fund the program that your generation repeatedly voted for despite there being enough of you to stop it.

What you are entitled to benefits from that government program as long as you qualify. This is different from the money that was taken out of your check because SS can't work any other way.
Fantastic😃
They took that money from of every pay check.

Yes, as a tax to fund the program that your generation repeatedly voted for despite there being enough of you to stop it.

As long as you qualify you are entitled to benefits from that government program.
I don't recall the discontinuation of the SS program being up for grabs on any ballot.

Yes, as a tax to fund the program that your generation repeatedly voted for despite there being enough of you to stop it.

As long as you qualify you are entitled to benefits from that government program.
I don't recall the discontinuation of the SS program being up for grabs on any ballot.
Tha majic Nigkra had a plan just like Obamacare

Social security WAS PART OF YOUR PAY for work you did. You earned that money, the gov't took it, you're entitled to it. You always were. The gov't should have kept their filthy hands off of it in the first place. You bet your ass I want mine back and will take it without one iota of guilt. Only a moron tries to turn entitled into a bad word and make you feel guilty about taking something you earned and are entitled to receive in exchange for work you did. Obviously this place is full of morons.

The point you are missing was that if the government TOOK it and I had no choice in the matter then it is a government mandate and not simply an entitlement.

Tha majic Nigkra had a plan just like Obamacare
I'm an American not a Democrat so can't and won't vote for one.

The point you are missing was that if the government TOOK it and I had no choice in the matter then it is a government mandate and not simply an entitlement.
I'm trying to tell you, you earned that money, should have received it in compensation for work you performed at the time you did it and should feel no guilt for taking it now. It's yours.
I’m with ya on that👍

I'm trying to tell you you earned that money, should have received it in compensation for work you performed at the time you did it and should feel no guilt for taking it now. It's yours.

I am not saying I feel guilty about it, I am saying if I had been able to invest that money I could have done much better with it. Yes I earned that money but I should have been able to opt out of paying it into a slush fund for govt lunacy. I guess a new rifle or pistol every month or so isn't such a bad thing.
So if they abolish SS who gonna pay me what I got in it🤷‍♂️
So if they abolish SS who gonna pay me what I got in it🤷‍♂️

It isn't going to be abolished. If you are only 40 they might cash you out with a free dinner at Golden Corral.
🤦‍♂️
Originally Posted by Stickfight[/quote

I didn't see where anyone made that claim. In fact, this thread exists because a Millennial told a boomer that SS is an entitlement program and that boomer threw a fit. You can see several others throwing the same fit over the course.

The fact is that a citizen is entitled to SS program benefits if they qualify and are to be paid out according to the benefit calculation the SSA uses.
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24

That would be Leroy headset and Jackoff Handy.

You are either a liar, or an ignorant illiterate.

This is what I posted a few pages back

You should be more careful when you run your mouth.
Hint: you are arguing with some people that agree with you, calm down and READ.

Look it up.

You already posses them.

So how is POSSESSING my pay (earning fair wages) then the government take it without my permission to “hold for me” entitlement

Anyway, SS is funded via a tax. You have no contractual right to what you paid in because of that, and the money is not protected by the 5th Amendment. What you have is entitlement to benefits under the program if you qualify which you cannot be denied without Due Process.[/quote

I am not following.

You wrote:
the youngsters that think it's just another tax and you're not entitled to nothing

I wrote:
What you have is entitlement to benefits under the program if you qualify

A person can qualify by doing various things like being taxed, living to a specific age, not being a Communist, etc. As long as those qualifications are met that person is entitled to benefits defined under the SS program, which is not "not entitled to nothing". Unless you meant the double negative which if you do I appreciate the subtlety but I don't think you are that clever.
🤔
So how is POSSESSING my pay (earning fair wages) then the government take it without my permission to “hold for me” entitlement

It has been explained to you 47 times in this thread alone along with several links to back it up. Safe to say if you can't grasp it at this point you aren't going to.
So I ain’t entitled 🤷‍♂️
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24

Which does nothing to negate the fact that SS has been funded with a 12% to 15% portion of my wages since I turned 18. A "tax" collected with solemn assurances it would be returned to us at a later stage of life.

Not to mention Medicare which has been collected at 13% of my wages for my entire life. (Albeit, with a few short years of reduced tax rate.)

Entitled...YES. By the true definition of the word.
I’m so confused
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Not to mention Medicare which has been collected at 13% of my wages for my entire life.

Are you sure about that?
Not to mention Medicare which has been collected at 13% of my wages for my entire life.

Are you sure about that?

Take it easy, quite a few of these guys are emotional wrecks over all of this.

Many of them have now come to terms with the fact that SS is an entitlement program. Maybe let them recover a little. Re-dial in their blood pressure meds to adjust to this new normal, etc.
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
So I ain’t entitled 🤷‍♂️

There are 2 definitions to the word "entitle".
IE: You paid into SS, you are entitled to that money back (at a minimum) Hopefully it's there for you.
You served in the military, you are entitled to Va. services, etc.
Things or services that earned. Other than by being born.

The millennial definition of entitle is different. That definition provides for something that one thinks they are deserved of, which they did not earn or provide for.
IE: welfare, social programs, govt. cell phones, free internet, free college tuition, basically "gibs" me.
Based solely on their existence on the planet.

2 completely different definitions.

[/quote
I am not following.

You wrote:
the youngsters that think it's just another tax and you're not entitled to nothing

I wrote:
What you have is entitlement to benefits under the program if you qualify

A person can qualify by doing various things like being taxed, living to a specific age, not being a Communist, etc. As long as those qualifications are met that person is entitled to benefits defined under the SS program, which is not "not entitled to nothing". Unless you meant the double negative which if you do I appreciate the subtlety but I don't think you are that clever.
well it's at the very top what you said. but now you just relay that you don't think I'm clever enough to notice certain things. so basically you just give up your argument right there you're going back to try the insult the person you're talking to and I'm done. you have proven yourself right there..

by the way I'm not a boomer...
So I ain’t entitled 🤷‍♂️

IE: You paid into SS, you are entitled to that money back (at a minimum) Hopefully it's there for you.

The millennial definition of entitle is different. That definition provides for something that one thinks they are deserved of, which they did not earn or provide for.
IE: welfare, social programs, govt. cell phones, free internet, free college tuition, basically "gibs" me.

I hope it’s there as well 👍
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Seniors get discounts at lots of restaurants.
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by EdM

I’m guessing if I’m full time at say $150000 i wouldn’t get anything from ss and it would hurt me later when i do quit full time. But if I went to part time at say $60k a year would i get anything?

Supposedly they hold it back and recompute your benefit once you hit FRA.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/18/24

Are you sure about that?

Okay, I'll modify that. 13% for as long as I can remember.
So the folks that never worked nuthin wrong w them 20-30 yrs old free loadinfucks get free healthcare?
well it's at the very top what you said.

That you don't have a contractual right to SS benefits? That isn't me, that is SCOTUS.

Again, for probably the 20th time, what you have is an entitlement to SS benefits if you qualify.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/19/24
Originally Posted by EdM

If you're younger than full retirement age, there is a limit to how much you can earn and still receive full Social Security benefits. If you're younger than full retirement age during all of 2024, we must deduct $1 from your benefits for each $2 you earn above $22,320.
$60,000 minus $22,320 equals $37,680. divided by 2 equals $18,840.

Your annual SS benefit will be reduced by $18,840 until you reach full retirement age. 67 years or a little less depending on year of birth.

Considering that my annual SS benefit would be reduced by taking it early, coupled with what SS would actually pay me while I was still working, I opted to file for SS at full retirement age. Add to that that my wife's SS benefit is calculated as 1/2 of my benefit until I die. Any increase in my monthly benefit which came from waiting for full retirement age was multiplied by 1.5 as it was reflected in her benefit.

The bottom line is, my pension, plus her SS, plus my SS is now larger than my salary ever was. We are very comfortable. It would not be so had I filed at age 62.

Now, if a person needs SS income to survive from age 62 through age 67, that is another story.
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/19/24
So the folks that never worked nuthin wrong w them 20-30 yrs old free loadinfucks get free healthcare?

Hell of a lot more than that !!
Posted By: IA_fog Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/19/24
Originally Posted by EdM

If you're younger than full retirement age, there is a limit to how much you can earn and still receive full Social Security benefits. If you're younger than full retirement age during all of 2024, we must deduct $1 from your benefits for each $2 you earn above $22,320.

Your annual SS benefit will be reduced by $18,840 until you reach full retirement age. 67 years or a little less depending on year of birth.

Considering that my annual SS benefit would be reduced by taking it early, coupled with what SS would actually pay me while I was still working, I opted to file for SS at full retirement age. Add to that that my wife's SS benefit is calculated as 1/2 of my benefit until I die. Any increase in my monthly benefit which came from waiting for full retirement age was multiplied by 1.5 as it was reflected in her benefit.

The bottom line is, my pension, plus her SS, plus my SS is now larger than my salary ever was. We are very comfortable. It would not be so had I filed at age 62.

Now, if a person needs SS income to survive from age 62 through age 67, that is another story.

So the penalty goes til full retirement age
Posted By: EdM Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/19/24
Originally Posted by EdM

I have no clue as that scenario did not apply to me. I was long retired before I collected SS. I am sure others here can provide an appropriate answer.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/19/24
So I ain’t entitled 🤷‍♂️

Thank you for these separate definitions, I'll take the first fo gotdamn sure thank you. Hell if things get super tight, I might take the second. But my upbringing will insure I don't think I deserve them.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/20/24
Originally Posted by EdM

So the penalty goes til full retirement age
As to the formula shown, for each year you have earned income, until full retirement age.

In my case, my retirement income increased $100/month, for each year I delayed retirement and filing for SS.
Posted By: EdM Re: Boomer entitlements! - 03/20/24
I am certain I made the right decision. As with all things "investing" no one shoe fits all. Plenty of due diligence is required and, surprisingly to me, the SS site does a decent job trying to explain it. Just takes a bit of work.
© 24hourcampfire