-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just remember the chinks love it when we're divided.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
GB1

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okie
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM
First SSC check arrived in February. Fishing trip in Alaska booked for this summer and a brown bear hunt a bit later. Panama fishing and Nanimbia next year. A new $30K a year buys some fun.

I didn’t know you were 67… only a fool would draw it at 62.

If you're making taxible money during that time, yes. But otherwise some numbers say the 67 year old drawee will have to live/draw several years to match the money drawn by the 62 year old drawee of the same age.

To late tonight for the correct numbers, but interesting. IMO.

Don't confuse them with simple math....

If one is broke and has no other means to support themselves then by all means start drawing on it at 70% at age 62. But to start drawing on it to pay for your big game hunting trips or other adventures well, I’m sure social security wasn’t meant for that. If you are a big money hustla like some on here proclaim to be just wait until 67 and draw the full 100%.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rickt300
So spending 21 years of my life either on military bases or in the Navy means I don't care about this county? I will tell you what I don't care about. You. I don't know what sex you identify as but for sure if you were my son or daughter I would leave my money to the local animal shelter. If you were drowning the only way I would lend a hand would be if I knew your family personally. Wouldn't want your momma crying about your pitiful dum azz. Tell me what you have done for this country? Voted for Biden is not a positive.

Wow a lot to unpack here.

1. I'm glad you spent 21yrs "fighting for freedom" (who's? nobody knows, but probably someone in a far away land, thanks?)
2. Stop obsessing over sex, it's weird
3. I wouldn't want your money, boomer
4. I'm a good swimmer, drowning is unlikely
5. Momma wouldn't be crying...see #4
6. I've served my community for 12yrs, arresting azzhats like you that do dumb ŝhit like drive drunk, beat their dumb wives, molest kids, stab folks, etc.
7. Voted for Trump twice. Lol

Dam you are dumb.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 03/17/24.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1) Everything is someone else's fault.

2) Epedience trumps all.

3) No generation has shown otherwise, only individuals.

4) Keep being divided and conquered, good show.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Investments are NOT entitlements and SS is nothing more than a forced and extorted investment! I’m not even close to being a “boomer” I’m a proud “Gen X” raised by parents who still fall into the greatest generation (I think since they were born in 1941). I don’t understand the vitriol and animosity spewed and I’m not interested in getting sucked into the childish name calling….I hope. 😂

Receiving SS is no different than receiving an annuity payment or 401k distribution.

Off to more important things for the time being.

Have a good Sunday guys!

I agree 100% except.......

When the amount you get exceeds what you forced to put in by 1-1/2, then IMHO it becomes an entitlement.

Once the SS system was figuered out Politicians couldn't wait to get their hands on that big ole pile of cash to play with.

So social security should be a 0% savings account? Even at only a 3% annual interest rate, a $200 monthly SS contribution will yield way over double the total contribution over a 50-year working life ($120,000 in, $270,712 out).
Receiving only a 50% increase in SS distributions over one's contributions, isn't an entitlement, it's an absolute *ss r*pe. If one was allowed to keep that $200/month an invest it in the S&P 500 (50-year return = 10.26% annual), they'd be sitting on $3,066,600 at retirement. Almost EVERYONE who draws SS is getting screwed by it, compared to where they'd be if they'd just kept their money.
Politicians (like the lottery) rely on people being bad at math!

Cheers,
Rex

Last edited by TRexF16; 03/17/24.
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
On average boomers are

1. Incredibly rude (especially in old age)
2. Entitled
3. Lazy

I was lucky and had older parents from the silent generation, not worthless hippie boomers.

Now that is funny. Rude to you hands out little POS! Boomer entitlemnt right there. Entitiled? Tell me about my entitlements? What exactly are you talking about? SS to me is nothing more than cash for toys. Lazy not at all I have been rebuilding the front end on my lifted 98 Cheverolet K1500, rebuilding the 40 HP motor on my duck boat, fishing hard with my Grandson,hog hunting and calling you leftards blithering idiots. The massive number of leftards make this time consuming.

Dog I rescued in January

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM
And have college funds set up for my grandchildren. You?

I’m counting the days like you when I can draw social security. I’m not a blowhard like you, im not rich like you nor am I blackheart broke. We do well, for ourselves. I will not have to draw social security in my life. That’s a fact..

will not have to?.....or not going to?.....big differance....bob

Both, my plans have never factored in social security.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by johnn
Just remember the chinks love it when we're divided.

^^ true words ^^ remember those words when were gone !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
On average boomers are

1. Incredibly rude (especially in old age)
2. Entitled
3. Lazy

I was lucky and had older parents from the silent generation, not worthless hippie boomers.

Now that is funny. Rude to you hands out little POS! Boomer entitlemnt right there. Entitiled? Tell me about my entitlements? What exactly are you talking about? SS to me is nothing more than cash for toys. Lazy not at all I have been rebuilding the front end on my lifted 98 Cheverolet K1500, rebuilding the 40 HP motor on my duck boat, fishing hard with my Grandson,hog hunting and calling you leftards blithering idiots. The massive number of leftards make this time consuming.

You have hobbies other than yelling at clouds and bìtching? Good for you boomer.

BTW I'm glad you find me funny, I do too, I'm working a bit here...

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 03/17/24.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
My local grocery store used to have about four very small tables with a few chairs in the deli section - the retired boomers Would Not Leave! They just sat there all morning nursing a cup of coffee.
So?...........................what's the problem??? wink
anybody got an address....?
I know, right.

Especially if the boomers hoggin the tables are some of the Good Guys

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by IA_fog
You didnt answer...... I’m early gen x btw

I don't care

Keep kissing boomer azz, they'll keep hoping you fail.

There seems to be a problem with your thinking, a serious problem. I don't hope any generation fails. The problem I am seeing is that many of your generation are utterly worthless and no matter what I think they are going to fail. You considering your epic level stupidity, the best that could happen to you would be a lightening strike. Improve the gene pool.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

I don't care

Id much rather kiss a boomers ass than your whining ass. Do you have that i gotta keep up with the jones struggle? Maybe you should get a second job instead of spending all day whining about boomers

No whining, just winning. And no, I don't chase material things like boomers have done. I've seen the folly of their ways.

Face it boomer fúcks, the world will go on without your self centered pathetic generation.

Winning what? Ha ha ha! You don't do material things? Like houses, cars, clothes and food? Yes the world will go on but your self centered pathetic sniveling azz won't do a dam thing to help yourself. Who will pay your bills? You going to live on the street?

Dog I rescued in January

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I don't care

There seems to be a problem with your thinking, a serious problem. I don't hope any generation fails. The problem I am seeing is that many of your generation are utterly worthless and no matter what I think they are going to fail. You considering your epic level stupidity, the best that could happen to you would be a lightening strike. Improve the gene pool.

Ok. That means my generation is keeping up with the tradition of your pathetic generation. I'm not going to fùcking freak out because people in my generation are worthless. I'm not. So why would I get butthurt?

But you know you are a worthless old fool that did nothing with your life, besides apparently working on a pos Chevy. Ok. Cool. Stop being outraged all the time, it's silly.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I don't care

Id much rather kiss a boomers ass than your whining ass. Do you have that i gotta keep up with the jones struggle? Maybe you should get a second job instead of spending all day whining about boomers

No whining, just winning. And no, I don't chase material things like boomers have done. I've seen the folly of their ways.

Face it boomer fúcks, the world will go on without your self centered pathetic generation.

Winning what? Ha ha ha! You don't do material things? Like houses, cars, clothes and food? Yes the world will go on but your self centered pathetic sniveling azz won't do a dam thing to help yourself. Who will pay your bills? You going to live on the street?

Ramblings of an old fool....an angry old fool. The clock is ticking, you don't have much time, don't spend it being so bitter.

Maybe you're angry because you've been a worthless fùck your whole life and have come to the realization it's almost over....?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TRexF16
Investments are NOT entitlements and SS is nothing more than a forced and extorted investment! I’m not even close to being a “boomer” I’m a proud “Gen X” raised by parents who still fall into the greatest generation (I think since they were born in 1941). I don’t understand the vitriol and animosity spewed and I’m not interested in getting sucked into the childish name calling….I hope. 😂

Receiving SS is no different than receiving an annuity payment or 401k distribution.

Have a good Sunday guys!

When the amount you get exceeds what you forced to put in by 1-1/2, then IMHO it becomes an entitlement.

Once the SS system was figuered out Politicians couldn't wait to get their hands on that big ole pile of cash to play with.

So social security should be a 0% savings account? Even at only a 3% annual interest rate, a $200 monthly SS contribution will yield way over double the total contribution over a 50-year working life ($120,000 in, $270,712 out).
Receiving only a 50% increase in SS distributions over one's contributions, isn't an entitlement, it's an absolute *ss r*pe. If one was allowed to keep that $200/month an invest it in the S&P 500 (50-year return = 10.26% annual), they'd be sitting on $3,066,600 at retirement. Almost EVERYONE who draws SS is getting screwed by it, compared to where they'd be if they'd just kept their money.

Cheers,
Rex

I recall Bush II proposing that SS funds could be "invested" in the stock market being managed by the individual to potentially increase their payout when they begin receiving SS benefits.

THAT sounded like a hairbrained scheme to me, to be avoided at all costs. Pure manipulation on Bushes part to prop up wall street.

GOA
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Plz get along fellas

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Cheers,
Rex

You shouldn't expect the .gov to be an investment firm and to take care of you, Maybe you're expecting to much........

Almost EVERYONE who draws SS is getting screwed by it, compared to where they'd be if they'd just kept their money.

Absolute fact but to expect the .gov to grow your money for you is nothing short of crazy.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Plz get along fellas

Lol, OK Rodney!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Have a good Sunday guys!

Cheers,
Rex

I recall Bush II proposing that SS funds could be "invested" in the stock market being managed by the individual to potentially increase their payout when they begin receiving SS benefits.

THAT sounded like a hairbrained scheme to me, to be avoided at all costs. Pure manipulation on Bushes part to prop up wall street.

Yeah ph ucking crazy of Bush 2 thinking Americans were adults and could manage their own retirements by putting their money into a TSP/401k account. For the record state Alaska employees do not pay into social security the state puts it into a 401k with matching contributions.

Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

292 members (30Gibbs, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 1Longbow, 204guy, 42 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,535
Posts18,531,023
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.