Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
She needs to cut her hair. She looks like a girl. Montana: queers and steers? laugh

You have a lot of nerve talking about a child when you are probably the biggest queer around here, so take your concern troll schtick elsewhere C(_)NT.

You put your kid on here looking like a hippie or a little girl, you've invited criticism. I predict the kid will become Trans, 'specially since Conrad is on board with that [bleep]. grin

YHGTBSM. A good wholesome father son activity and you trash the kid? What a dick move!

Yours in Liberty,

BL

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
She needs to cut her hair. She looks like a girl. Montana: queers and steers? laugh

You have a lot of nerve talking about a child when you are probably the biggest queer around here, so take your concern troll schtick elsewhere C(_)NT.

You put your kid on here looking like a hippie or a little girl, you've invited criticism. I predict the kid will become Trans, 'specially since Conrad is on board with that [bleep]. grin

YHGTBSM. A good wholesome father son activity and you trash the kid? What a dick move!

Didn't JESUS have long hair? I'm thinking Tarqueen is too stupid to care.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by renegade50
Work on his stance JC.
Not saying it to bust your chops at all.
Saying it because of who I was long ago.
Teach coach mentor NCO type of schit...
Goes against my nature to not try and improve others performance.
Gotta break bad trends before it gets ingrained πŸ‘πŸ»

Left foot forward
Right foot back.
Just enough to get oblique and not squared to tgt.
Not over exaggerated stance per that.
Maybe 4 to 6 inches at most right toe behind left toe.
Natural hip wide spacing of feet.
Enough to get body oblique to tgt and allow aiming and pointing over strong arm only.

Body kinda oblique towards target with left side a little more forward than right.
Hard to explain in writing
But easy to do in person, especially with a young person wanting to learn and shoot.
Strong arm orientated towards tgt pointkng and aiming over its plane thru sights from the right side body being rear oblique.
Weak arm very slight bend to allow Strong arm forward thrust.
And a little forward lean from waist up (not over exaggerated )

He needs to get rid of the body squared to target and leaned back mode.

Once he gains muscle memory of body stance it will become 2nd nature.

His striker fired pistol grip per his hands actually ( "glock grip") looks good from what can be seen.
Have to get upclose and personal to really see it and show corrections if needed.
He might not have enough counter opposing force in his weak hand versus his strong hand forward force in his grip and the glock was biting him per the trigger guard.
Dunno....
Wasn't their watching him shoot standing on left side about 3 ft from him.
Or his lower 3 fingers per stong hand on grip were loosening up per more shots than intial ones.
Or might not have enough meat per his weak hand fill8ng in the grip on open left side of it that his strong hand can't cover nor ever will.
Grip is why his shots were going all over and the stance being poor form

But he also doesn't have adult size hands yet.

Dry fire practice will help him with stance, grip, sight picture, trigger squeeze and muscle memory overall.

I have not meant any degradation by this post.

Unlike what can be seen per other's little fuuked up innuendo shots.

Wish my dad was like you back when.
I might have actually liked the prick if he was even 1% the father you are to you kids.

Fuuuk it!!!
This was worth while dropping a post IMO..
JC is a solid Cat and he has a solid family....

And it ain't making Bin a fuuking cent AFAIC me dropping a post.

Good to see you drop in Rene. FWIW, you sound like my dad instructing me back in the day. He’s a vietnam vet & qualified expert this and that with various small arms - made me smile. πŸ‘πŸ»

Yours in Liberty,

BL
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
I hate to step in a pile of someone elses advice, but Ive been in the pistol shooting game for 35 years competitively, so its hard to bite my tongue sometimes. I would advise almost opposite, I use and teach the squared up technique, toes forward, feet as close to possible at shoulder width, no bent arms, not arrow straight, but no weaver type bending of support hand arm, both of equal bend, slight lean forward, nose over toes with very firm grip on handgun and go to shooting. Shooting should be with purpose, but the stance should be comfortable not wound up tight, face the target just like your talking to someone, head up not down between your shoulders like a turtle or tilting, just natrual.
I almost hate to click the post reply button, I just couldn't hep myself.

You're spot on, that's good advice and there are plenty of good instructional videos around to get a good visual of what that looks like. Jim, great job taking the young man out and letting him experience several guns and form an opinion of his own. The 365 is a great choice, he has good taste in a working carry gun. It's great to see a young man doing man stuff.

I am terrible when we go out shooting.

When we shoot shotguns I want to buy them a dozen different models.

Same with rifles and 22s.

Driving away from the haystack today I told him he might like a 365 Macro.

Probably a good thing I have my money tied up in land.

Thanks though. It was a good afternoon.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My advice? Let the young man just shoot whatever he likes. Sure I'd like to see him with a 1911 in 9mm but if he's a Sigster so be it. As far as ol'tarqueen...your in Idaho I understand they have mountains there go play in a rockslide naked covered in chicken livers.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Next time I’m in Idaho, I’m going to Salmon and asking for the town retard. I’m sure I will be pointed right to your trailer house.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

Didn't JESUS have long hair? I'm thinking Tarqueen is too stupid to care.

Jag That's exactly what I was thinking smile I had long hair when I was younger, so what ? There are far worse things in the world today, than a kid hanging out with the ole' man, shooting guns, and having fun.

The Weaver stance is a highly regarded method of shooting, make sure of eye dominance first then follow Rene's advice. I shoot out to 80 yds. with my large bore pistols, and it's a very repeatable yet simple system for shooting.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Great minds, Bwana.....

Tarqueen means welll. She'll be down at the community libraries next drag queen grooming. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by renegade50
Work on his stance JC.
Not saying it to bust your chops at all.
Saying it because of who I was long ago.
Teach coach mentor NCO type of schit...
Goes against my nature to not try and improve others performance.
Gotta break bad trends before it gets ingrained πŸ‘πŸ»

Left foot forward
Right foot back.
Just enough to get oblique and not squared to tgt.
Not over exaggerated stance per that.
Maybe 4 to 6 inches at most right toe behind left toe.
Natural hip wide spacing of feet.
Enough to get body oblique to tgt and allow aiming and pointing over strong arm only.

Body kinda oblique towards target with left side a little more forward than right.
Hard to explain in writing
But easy to do in person, especially with a young person wanting to learn and shoot.
Strong arm orientated towards tgt pointkng and aiming over its plane thru sights from the right side body being rear oblique.
Weak arm very slight bend to allow Strong arm forward thrust.
And a little forward lean from waist up (not over exaggerated )

He needs to get rid of the body squared to target and leaned back mode.

Once he gains muscle memory of body stance it will become 2nd nature.

His striker fired pistol grip per his hands actually ( "glock grip") looks good from what can be seen.
Have to get upclose and personal to really see it and show corrections if needed.
He might not have enough counter opposing force in his weak hand versus his strong hand forward force in his grip and the glock was biting him per the trigger guard.
Dunno....
Wasn't their watching him shoot standing on left side about 3 ft from him.
Or his lower 3 fingers per stong hand on grip were loosening up per more shots than intial ones.
Or might not have enough meat per his weak hand fill8ng in the grip on open left side of it that his strong hand can't cover nor ever will.
Grip is why his shots were going all over and the stance being poor form

But he also doesn't have adult size hands yet.

Dry fire practice will help him with stance, grip, sight picture, trigger squeeze and muscle memory overall.

I have not meant any degradation by this post.

Unlike what can be seen per other's little fuuked up innuendo shots.

Wish my dad was like you back when.
I might have actually liked the prick if he was even 1% the father you are to you kids.

Fuuuk it!!!
This was worth while dropping a post IMO..
JC is a solid Cat and he has a solid family....

And it ain't making Bin a fuuking cent AFAIC me dropping a post.

Thank you for posting. Lots to learn/remember. And I havent been a kid in decades.
Good stuff. thanks.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Good to see Tarqueen posting up stuff, doubling down. Everyone can see and remember.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, that kid plainly knows he’s got a cool Dad 😎

A good start with the Sig but plain as day what he really needs is a horse and a brace of 1860 Colts, he prob’ly swore to not cut his hair until the war was won. You guys need to work on a backwoods Missoura drawl too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

#RideWiththeDevilmovie

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Big thumbs up!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Jim;
Top of the morning to you, I hope this St. Patrick's Sunday finds you and your fine family well.

Thanks for the video, like so many of yours, I don't always comment but they do make me smile.

Regarding the backstop on your range Jim, I'll share a quick story if I might.

After we'd moved to BC where many of us are crammed into the valleys, I was telling someone about where we shot in Saskatchewan.

When they asked me what I used for a backstop on said range, I said, "Well, Saskatchewan...."

Then I explained that besides the farm house across the road I didn't have anything on the place that was capable of hitting the next closest neighbor.

It's tough for folks who've never been, to grasp truly how much space is out on the prairies on both sides of the medicine line.

Great to see him becoming proficient with a pistol for sure though Jim.

Best to you all with the calving and lambing coming on.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

A good start with the Sig but plain as day what he really needs is a horse and a brace of 1860 Colts, he prob’ly swore to not cut his hair until the war was won. You guys need to work on a backwoods Missoura drawl too.

#RideWiththeDevilmovie

His younger brother says he wants the pistols of Josey Wales.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Little evening kayaking.

Jim;
Me again and I still hope you're all well.

Thanks for that photo, it brings up a whole lot of memories from when we were kids rafting on the sloughs.

On the shooting/teaching thing, I'll offer this from years of teaching people to shoot mostly rifles, but occasionally handguns.

Some people settle down and shoot better with plugs and muffs on, apparently I am one of them.

The noise or blast just gets to me after a magazine or cylinder full somehow without both.

I shoot better wearing glasses. Before I needed them to see the sites Jim, it was something akin to a mental safety blanket for me perhaps?

Not sure, but I shot better with glasses and muffs and plugs on than without, especially stuff like full house .357 Mag loads.

Perhaps that's useful, perhaps not, but again it's very cool to see a father spending time with his kids.

Well done and a sincere tip of the hat to you for that Jim.

We need way more of that on both sides of the medicine line.

Dwayne

Maybe some slogan like "More shooting and less screen time" would catch on?

J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thanks Dwayne.

I was wondering how far a 115 grain 9mm bullet could travel after digging into the dirt first.

Couldn't be too far. Certainly not the couple miles needed!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

#RideWiththeDevilmovie

His younger brother says he wants the pistols of Josey Wales.

Jim;
Me once more.

Do it man!!!

Had an Italian copy for awhile myself for the exact same reason.

[Linked Image]

Tried to chew tobacco as well after watching it one too many times.

That worked out much less well for me than the Italian Walker. eek

Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Dwayne.

I was wondering how far a 115 grain 9mm bullet could travel after digging into the dirt first.

Couldn't be too far. Certainly not the couple miles needed!

Jim;
If you can find a decent backstop or summer fallow field, its pretty wild how fast any bullet drops, much less a handgun bullet.

I recall the first time I took out my 6Β½" Blackhawk with full power loads onto some fresh summer fallow to see what I could see.

In order to lob one very far, I had a pretty serious tilt going on Jim.

Another science project for you all!!!

For sure though it's so good to see Jim, lets hope others take encouragement from it and do likewise.

Dwayne

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
" The weaver stance is a highly regarded shooting method" Man, I don't know what shooting discipline you've been involved in, but I haven't seen a serious pistol or revolver shooter using the weaver stance since the late 70's. That particular type stance is limiting in so many ways it petered out long ago.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

This post says a lot about you, Tar. And it's not anything admirable.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 2,594 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,949
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.