Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 64 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 63 64
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
I said a prayer before going to bed last night. I asked God to lift the bar a little so that foul-mouthed weak, spineless, groveling trash such as BobcatTX, Feral Hog and See-See-See but Don't See, don't go to Heaven unless they repent their excessive number of sins and make a permanent change. I certainly don't want garbage like them in Heaven.
RH, serious question... the god you believe in, is he/she the God of the bible or something else? Just trying to see where you're coming from.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by antlers
Anyway, for the folks who are believers: Do y’all see a difference…especially when it comes to Christianity…between “believe in me” and “follow me”…?

When you read the Gospels, is Jesus' agenda for his first century followers…and his 21st century followers…to just simply be people who believe things, or should it be people with an all in, active, daily and relational faith…? Should faith simply be cerebral…?
Antlers, It is neither. In the 21st Century, God wants us to not only believe in Him, but to become better Christians and better people. He doesn't want us to blindly follow, but to follow and make suggestions to Him about how things could be fairer and better. In effect, we are making both Earth and Heaven even better than they are. Of course He doesn't have to agree with our suggestions, and that is all they are...not demands, just suggestions. We are not putting ourselves on the same level as God by doing that.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 03/17/24.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dons99
I said a prayer before going to bed last night. I asked God to lift the bar a little so that foul-mouthed weak, spineless, groveling trash such as BobcatTX, Feral Hog and See-See-See but Don't See, don't go to Heaven unless they repent their excessive number of sins and make a permanent change. I certainly don't want garbage like them in Heaven.
RH, serious question... the god you believe in, is he/she the God of the bible or something else? Just trying to see where you're coming from.
The God of the Bible. However, the Bible is many men's interpretation of God's Word. It changes over time, and even the language changes. Allowance has to be made for that, because not always man gets things 100% right. Sometimes you have to determine what you believe God's word really is. Too many people have found a loophole in the Bible and exploit that loophole. That loophole is that you can be a scumbag all your life and all you have to do is believe in God and follow him near the end of your life, and you get into Heaven. Likewise, there's several unintended consequences e.g. innocent children being abused by priests and good people going to Hell for various reasons.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 03/17/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The God of the Bible. However, the Bible is many men's interpretation of God's Word. It changes over time, and even the language changes. Allowance has to be made for that, because not always man gets things 100% right. Sometimes you have to determine what you believe God's word really is.
Ok thanks, and you just answered my 2nd question about the bible. So if the bible is not the inspired and infallible word of God then my 3rd question is how do you chose what part or parts of the bible are true or false?

Last edited by Dons99; 03/17/24.

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Ever hear of, "The Jefferson Bible"?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The God of the Bible. However, the Bible is many men's interpretation of God's Word. It changes over time, and even the language changes. Allowance has to be made for that, because not always man gets things 100% right. Sometimes you have to determine what you believe God's word really is.
Ok thanks, and you just answered my 2nd question about the bible. So if the bible is not the inspired and infallible word of God then my 3rd question is how do you chose what part or parts of the bible are true or false?
Now that is the hard part. But God gave us a brain and some of us, a reasonable IQ and the ability to determine what's logical and what's not...and that can help. Perhaps with AI, it will help us determine illogical or inconsistent parts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I said a prayer........

No, you didn't.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now that is the hard part. But God gave us a brain and some of us, a reasonable IQ and the ability to determine what's logical and what's not...and that can help. Perhaps with AI, it will help us determine illogical or inconsistent parts.
Ok, thanks for answering truthfully. I'm really at a loss of what to say next. All I can do is leave you with the verse that I lean on when I don't understand God's ways.

Isaiah 55:8-9 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. 9“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, God has a suggestion box?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The God of the Bible. However, the Bible is many men's interpretation of God's Word. It changes over time, and even the language changes. Allowance has to be made for that, because not always man gets things 100% right. Sometimes you have to determine what you believe God's word really is. Too many people have found a loophole in the Bible and exploit that loophole. That loophole is that you can be a scumbag all your life and all you have to do is believe in God and follow him near the end of your life, and you get into Heaven. Likewise, there's several unintended consequences e.g. innocent children being abused by priests and good people going to Hell for various reasons.
Thanks for posting your prayer request to God aimed at keeping others out of Heaven according to your judgment. That, in itself, clarifies a bunch about you and your beliefs. Helpful !!

Now, with regard to your personal explanation of the Bible, please point out the other "loopholes" you think God put there. Also, please describe the other "unintended consequences" in God's plan and works (of course, aside from your insider knowledge about those nasty abusive priests).

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ok, thanks for answering truthfully. I'm really at a loss of what to say next. All I can do is leave you with the verse that I lean on when I don't understand God's ways.

Isaiah 55:8-9 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. 9“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts
Your input is appreciated.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Ever hear of, "The Jefferson Bible"?
Happy for you to elaborate.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
So, God has a suggestion box?
Yes, it's called prayer.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Now here's something for you all to ponder. We know that the Bible and the interpretation of the Bible changes over time. For example, at one point in time the belief in a place called hell was very strong and at another, hell was thought to be absence of God. If a person advocated an interpretation that was different to the status quo (not the rock-band), would that person be such a sinner if there was a change in interpretation and that person's view then prevailed? I think not.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Jesus was never resurrected - they recently found the shovel that was used to make sure of it:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Based on what I see here on this forum I won't have to worry about needing someone to translate Australian for me in Heaven......

I think that you'll find that you wont be able to realise your disappointment. Never mind, there there...keep being self-righteous while you still can.

All y'all inbred penal colony godless heathen kangaroo humpers muck up the english language better than anybody else on the planet.......yeah, nah, mate?

There is NOTHING, at all, self righteous about believing in God's promise that whosoever shall believe in Him shall have everlasting life. That's Heaven for you dolts in queensland.

Shovel or no shovel you said that Jesus was never resurrected. He was, on the third day, as it was written.

Idiot.......

Ad hominen is so passé yet continues to be used by the feeble minded.

You believe everything in the bible, even though much has been proven false? Does Feral Armerican = Flat Earther by chance?

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Pot, meet Ketttle:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ther-question-for-believers#Post19304195

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Pot, meet Ketttle:

Always easy to see when something strikes a nerve......

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Pot, meet Ketttle:

Always easy to see when something strikes a nerve......

Always easy to identify someone incapable of self-reflection.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The simple truth is that faith is a poor means of sorting fact from fiction. Where faith, the opposite of justification through evidence, permits you to believe whatever you like without regard for evidence or truth.

"Faith is like a piece of blank paper whereon you may write as well one miracle as another." ~ Charles Blount (1654-1693)

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as a useful tool." - Seneca

Page 33 of 64 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

314 members (17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 25 invisible), 1,948 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,125
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.