Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Actually I buy stuff from the gun library online. They have some great deals on unique stuff, they ship free to your local store for pick up, I get Cabelas Bucks thru my biz card so free money on top.

They have fallen since the BPS merger, Redhead clothing sucks. The Cabelas clothes were awesome quality in big and tall sizes.

NRA Life Member
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Almost bought a well used 16 gauge Model 12 today. But wife was with me….

Pussy

My 1st wife was gonna leave me if I bought a new Python I'd just found. I bought it anyway.

But I bought a new frost free fridge too. laugh Something she didn't have to defrost every Saturday.

Mostly sarcasm. She’s mostly given up on my purchases, and she only knows of about 1/4 of them…
There is a good reason I have had this woman for 41 years.

Last week she sat beside me as I made a deal to purchase three rifles w/ scopes.

She just grins and shakes her head.

But then I did not give her any schitt when she paid the same $ for a wood and resin coffee table in the living room. And then she hated it as soon as I got it unboxed and assembled.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Hancock27
I work part time at Bass Pro. They stock what Corporate sends, Managers have zero say in what arrives on the truck.

What arrives is what sells: T-shirts, and candy. It's a huge corporation and makes billions a year, so I'm sure they're really concerned with what a guy with $50 gift card thinks.

Hard to keep people employed for some reason? I've been there a year and am leaving soon because I want to enjoy retirement, not live around a work schedule.

As far as prices: When everybody has to make $15 an hour, prices go UP because everyone has to make a "living wage" and everyone has a lot less buying power or disposable income. But that's OK because the clowns in DC are convinced all is sunshine and roses.

Increases IRS revenues. Moves people beyond the tax exempt level.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Haven't been in cabellas since bass pro bought them. I will not step a foot in there. Just a dumbed down REI.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Gonehuntin: I seldom ever buy anything from "Cabelas" or "Sportsmans Whorehouse" anymore - their prices are just offensive to me.
I am glad you had a "gift certificate.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Gonehuntin: I seldom ever buy anything from "Cabelas" or "Sportsmans Whorehouse" anymore - their prices are just offensive to me.
I am glad you had a "gift certificate.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I'm glad I'm 2 & 2.5 hrs away from those big so called super stores

No interest in walking through the doors

Shop online...watch for sales...free shipping

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was in the post falls Cabeles couple of years ago. Decided its not worth the 30 min drive.
Have not been back.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Traveler52
I was in the post falls Cabeles couple of years ago. Decided its not worth the 30 min drive.
Have not been back.

Lehi Utah

When the store opened....

Went there twice

The first & last time

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Being accosted by “The Time Share / Register to Win a Vacation” talking heads is always a heartwarming experience too.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cabelas..........LL Bean....Sears Roebuck......JC Penney

Were the talk of the town......

50 yrs ago

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dang it man ! I got a $100 gift card to burn up the next time I am in the store.... reading all this... it may be a hard thing to do....

I guess, it will be a lot of fishing line and plastic worms...

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mikieb
Dang it man ! I got a $100 gift card to burn up the next time I am in the store.... reading all this... it may be a hard thing to do....

Your $100 card

May net you $40 in stuff in today's prices....

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I’ve no idea who they actually sell stuff to, but it is clear I’m not their target audience.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They aren't a gun shop. They sell outdoor gear for hunting, fishing, boating, ATV's camping, hiking, swimming as well as work clothes and boots. They even sell small tractors. They sell toys and other things women are more interested in. It's a place to entertain the kids and wife while I look for what I need, and it brings in more money.

I participate in many of those activities and while I use guns, they are a small part of the gear that I need. There are better places near me to buy guns and shooting supplies anyway and that's OK. But I can often see things there not available locally. I've ran across a couple of deals on used guns and sometimes pick up ammo when I'm in one.

There are some departments at Cabela's/BPS that I've never visited because I don't participate in those activities. Ordering online is fine if you know what you are looking for, but I like to see, touch, feel, and try on items if possible before ordering. Often, I find something I like, but they don't have my size or the color I want. I can go home and order it knowing what I'll get.

Prices; some are too high, some are pretty good. If I can get it cheaper somewhere else I do. If their prices are competitive, I'll buy from them.

I liked Cabela's before the BPS takeover but it is what it is. There are 2 Cabela's/BPS's a Sportsmans Warehouse and 2 Academy stores less than an hour away and I spend time in all of them when I'm nearby.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Who tha fuqk would buy a tractor from cabelas 🤷‍♂️

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I was in the Lehi store about six months ago. Had some time to kill. First time in a couple of year since I have been in one. In the gun library, they had a couple of new turkish semi-auto shotguns marked half off of what everyone else was selling them for. My son’s new bride has been clay pigeon shooting with us a few times but she’s petite and doesn’t like the heft and recoil of a 12 ga. The Cabela’s guns were 20 ga semi-autos so I bought them both. First deal I’ve come across at Cabelas in a long time. I gave the second one to my wife. Maybe she’ll quit stealing my Winchester SX3 now. I used to really like them before they sold to BPS. Their warehouse is fifteen minutes away and back then, I could order anything on line and pick it up in will call there. BPS put a stop to that and with their new and improved high prices, I don’t have any desire to go.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Was talking to the cashier at Runnings Fleet store. He told me Cabelas had been sold. So when I got home, I googled Cabela's. One article said the Cabelas store in Owatonna, Mn. was sold to a private party...apparently, sold the land and building, and now leasing it back to Cabelas. Interesting.

Back when Cabelas started building all the stores around the country, I thought they'd turn into the Herter's of old. Guess I was right.

Last edited by org_Rogue_Hunter; 03/17/24.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mikieb

Gummy worms

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
Was talking to the cashier at Runnings Fleet store. He told me Cabelas had been sold. So when I got home, I googled Cabela's. One article said the Cabelas store in Owatonna, Mn. was sold to a private party...apparently, sold the land and building, and now leasing it back to Cabelas. Interesting.

Back when Cabelas started building all the stores around the country, I thought they'd turn into the Herter's of old. Guess I was right.

Morris Industries bought Cabelas

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
You need to shop where there are firearm restrictions for hunting seasons. They sometimes have great firearms at lower peices as the market is smaller where they cannot be used.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,725
Posts18,475,848
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.