Print Thread
Hop To
Page 37 of 64 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 63 64
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
This total belief without question , total submission sure makes one easy to manipulate, by those who are/were in a position to do so (such as the ancient priests etc).

And don't forget the quote from Hasting demonstrating how the Priest s and Rulers worked hand in glove together.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by CCCC
Like moths to a flame, like flies to sticky strips, like hungry rodents - - - - the atheists, God deniers, Christian-baiters, devil reps and angry others seem to scramble onto threads like this. And, for what reason?

You complain like a woman.
As with other matters, you reveal your very strange concept of "woman" - maybe you have never experienced a real one. And, you dodge answering the question - like a coward.

When a woman wears a short skirt and shows her cleavage she doesn't get to choose who looks at her, but that won't prevent her from complaining about getting looks she doesn't like.

Like wise when you join a thread titled "Do you believe in God", you don't get to chose who responds and how, but that doesn't stop you from complaining... just like a woman.
One of your biggest problems is that you can't handle the straightforward truths, such as those stated in that post. In that weakness you try to deflect (insert your "woman" problem) to dodge the hard question staring you in the face. You raise a diversion about someone ostensibly "complaining" (and give us more than a hint about your woman problems) to avoid giving the reasons for your behavior in these threads. Now - let's hear your actual reason(s).

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like moths to a flame, like flies to sticky strips, like hungry rodents - - - - the atheists, God deniers, Christian-baiters, devil reps and angry others seem to scramble onto threads like this. And, for what reason?

As with other matters, you reveal your very strange concept of "woman" - maybe you have never experienced a real one. And, you dodge answering the question - like a coward.

When a woman wears a short skirt and shows her cleavage she doesn't get to choose who looks at her, but that won't prevent her from complaining about getting looks she doesn't like.

Like wise when you join a thread titled "Do you believe in God", you don't get to chose who responds and how, but that doesn't stop you from complaining... just like a woman.
Of course you are welcome to contribute on this thread, and your arguments are welcome. See-See-See- But-Don't-See has already admitted on another thread (Well I caught the crud thread) that he is not very smart.
No dimwit - this is what I posted there. "Rifleman, you are one weak sister on this site - and you misquote like it's congenital for you. Here you are on a "get well wish" thread showing your ignorance due to your extreme thirst for attention. With regard to smart - how does it feel to be reminded that 99.9% of the folks on this site are smarter than you, and 100% are more likeable.?"

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

One of your biggest problems is that you can't handle the straightforward truths, such as those stated in that post. In that weakness you try to deflect (insert your "woman" problem) to dodge the hard question staring you in the face. You raise a diversion about someone ostensibly "complaining" (and give us more than a hint about your woman problems) to avoid giving the reasons for your behavior in these threads. Now - let's hear your actual reason(s).

Not that I own you an explanation, but I thought it was amusing, and it was fun to see who's hiding under all that pretentiousness.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Here is your reason. Romans 3:10-18. It's human nature to hate on God and unless we are filled with the Holy Spirit, this is our state of affairs.

10 As it is written:
There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good, not even one.
13 Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit.
The poison of vipers is on their lips.
14 Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 ruin and misery mark their ways,
17 and the way of peace they do not know.
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

If you wanted to replace God with something like "the condition of human existence", we could spend a lot of time unpacking that statement.

Now I see no good reason to believe if your God, but if he did exist, I suspect the human condition would be much better than it is today, so putting all this onto your God would be unfair.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This total belief without question , total submission sure makes one easy to manipulate, by those who are/were in a position to do so (such as the ancient priests etc).

How ancient are you referring to?

The priests at the time were a big part of putting Jesus on a cross, because they hated him, because by rebelling against that manipulation He threatened their power and standing, as well as trying to crush His following long after He died and was risen. I'm sure you know what the Bible says about it.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not that I own you an explanation, but I thought it was amusing, and it was fun to see who's hiding under all that pretentiousness.
If you value your own amusement more than being straightforward and responding to a cogent question about your behavior, that is telling and good for folks here to know. I would certainly agree that you don't owe me or others here an explanation of your reasons for such behavior - but seems like you might owe honesty to the central person in your life.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

If you value your own amusement more than being straightforward and responding to a cogent question about your behavior, that is telling and good for folks here to know. I would certainly agree that you don't owe me or others here an explanation of your reasons for such behavior - but seems like you might owe honesty to the central person in your life.

Relax Francis.

It's Monday. We made it to a whole new week.

Besides, a little cognitive dissidence from time to time is good for you.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

Because the title of the thread was “Do you believe in god”. I am not anything that you mentioned by your name calling. I wished I had the faith some of you do but I don’t. At least I am honest with myself. Your a good reason why people do not respect “Christians”.

Keep being honest with yourself and keep seeking the truth. God wants people to seek the truth. I believe that if you seek to honestly and truthfully know God, you will.

A young earth creationist discussing "seeking truth". Kind of ironic.

If you are referring to me, you are making false assumptions.

That's not consistent with what I recall, but if I microprinted your position I apologize. So do you accept that a Universe age of around 13 billion years, and earth around 4 billion is the current best supported hypothesis?

I haven't looked into it enough to know if I accept the current top hypothesis. I would have to look at everything as objectively as possible, which to me means seeking truth. I don't completely discount that the account recorded historically in Genesis could be speaking of a 6000 year period of time from Adam to current following genealogies. I think genealogies is where the 6000 years comes in.

There is also theory among Christians who also consider themselves scientists that any amount of time may have occurred between Genesis verse 1 and verse 2. The Hebrew translated as "and the world was without form and void" actually suggests a different translation than basically God made the world from that which was without form and void. The Hebrew suggests that God made the world, and then that world was made a total mess,or, a complete disaster. C

Christian scientists equate it to the fall of Satan destroying the first earth that is accounted in verse 2 of Genesis 1.

So you don't know, but see no need to throw out either the science or Biblical account based on the other. Ok, that's fair.

That's pretty accurate. I think there is value in both views, just as there is BS in both views. IMHO it's up to us look at everything as objectively as possible. Bias is a huge issue whether talking religion or science, by both the producers and consumers.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Surely there are no young earth creationists left or belief that the entire land surface of the earth was flooded less than 10 to 12 thousand years ago. We have the bones and we understand plate tectonics now. Those two things prove to the least curious that this world has been around a very long time.

A preacher once gave me proof of a world wide inundation (the Noah flood). He either saw or was told about seashells discovered at 8000 ft elevation somewhere down in Latin America. He wasn't open at all to my saying that 8000 ft. elevation was once below sea level for a very long time and got lifted by plates colliding.

The creation story in Genesis was just the best they could do with the knowledge they had at the time.

Realizing the creation story ain't quite right does not preclude the possibility of a supernatural God or creative force. I do believe there is such a God and that Jesus was who he claimed to be, and that the Jewish people are a miracle destined to rule the world.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by johnn
You boys really need to give a break and go yank your puds.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Does she really exist though, in real life?

Absolutely, ye of little faith.
I'm sorry Johnn, unless you put that photo in a book I will not believe she is real. If it is in a book, I will believe she is real and every component of her is real. I will also believe that she will desire me, and will want to spend the rest of my life with me, and she will be loyal and faithful. I will not question anything in that book. Once I get that book, a wonderful feeling will come over me, I will know I will be in bliss for the rest of my life. Please put the photo in a book, nothing else, just the photo.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 03/18/24.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Of course you are welcome to contribute on this thread, and your arguments are welcome. See-See-See- But-Don't-See has already admitted on another thread (Well I caught the crud thread) that he is not very smart.
No dimwit - this is what I posted there. "Rifleman, you are one weak sister on this site - and you misquote like it's congenital for you. Here you are on a "get well wish" thread showing your ignorance due to your extreme thirst for attention. With regard to smart - how does it feel to be reminded that 99.9% of the folks on this site are smarter than you, and 100% are more likeable.?"
This is what the filthy lying pretend-Christian See-See-See-But-Don't-See posted on that thread:
"Not smart enough to give advice on the meds/supplements, but hope all of that stuff works well and that you are soon past the crud. You deserve to feel better." And it doesn't matter whether a scumbag such as you likes me or not...I will be with God eventually and you won't.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 03/18/24.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Dang! Lots or name calling here. Fine example of some moral standards to follow?

The title of this thread asks a question, one that all can answer. The believers are just as drawn to this as the non-believers, probably more so. Seems that you all take offense to the fact that others don’t share your beliefs in a super natural being.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=CCCC]Like moths to a flame, like flies to sticky strips, like hungry rodents - - - - the atheists, God deniers, Christian-baiters, devil reps and angry others seem to scramble onto threads like this. And, for what reason?

You complain like a woman.[/quotemedicine]

This is what the filthy lying pretend-Christian See-See-See-But-Don't-See posted on that thread:
"Not smart enough to give advice on the meds/supplements, but hope all of that stuff works well and that you are soon past the crud. You deserve to feel better." And it doesn't matter whether a scumbag such as you likes me or not...I will be with God eventually and you won't.
Rifleman, about all you have left in your quiver is your name-calling routine. Right - I don't know enough about medicines to give a fellow advice and had the temerity to say so rather than act like a pseudo expert. That must be a real sin and certainly indicates that a person is intellectually deficient. Meanwhile, jerks like you pretend to be experts, claim that God should accept direction from you, boast about how well God will treat you and then try to tell others that they will not be in Heaven. And you can do all of that silliness with "hypocrite" stamped on your forehead. What a sad piece of work.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yes i believe in God and so as most humans since time immemorial

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by scoony

Dang! Lots or name calling here. Fine example of some moral standards to follow?

The title of this thread asks a question, one that all can answer. The believers are just as drawn to this as the non-believers, probably more so. Seems that you all take offense to the fact that others don’t share your beliefs in a super natural being.
Scoony, very well said.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hastings
Surely there are no young earth creationists left or belief that the entire land surface of the earth was flooded less than 10 to 12 thousand years ago. We have the bones and we understand plate tectonics now. Those two things prove to the least curious that this world has been around a very long time.

A preacher once gave me proof of a world wide inundation (the Noah flood). He either saw or was told about seashells discovered at 8000 ft elevation somewhere down in Latin America. He wasn't open at all to my saying that 8000 ft. elevation was once below sea level for a very long time and got lifted by plates colliding.

The creation story in Genesis was just the best they could do with the knowledge they had at the time.

Realizing the creation story ain't quite right does not preclude the possibility of a supernatural God or creative force. I do believe there is such a God and that Jesus was who he claimed to be, and that the Jewish people are a miracle destined to rule the world.

Hastings,

IME Young Earth Creationist start with a conclusion, that effectively every word of the Bible is literally true and filter their "science", or "quest for the truth" through that lens.

It's true that realizing there something ain't right with the early Biblical stories does not preclude every supernatural creative force, but it does preclude the literalist Christian version.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Morgoth
Yes i believe in God and so as most humans since time immemorial

Humans seek explanations where none exist. Which is why we have countless contradictory stories of gods, creation myths, nature spirits, ghosts and goblins.

We don't know how the universe came about, if it is cyclic, a part of a multiverse or something we have yet to discover.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antlers
Faith is trusting in what you have good evidence to believe.

Many signs of historical criteria provide evidence of the historicity and reliability of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. Signs of historical criteria like multiple attestation and eyewitness testimony, the criterion of embarrassment, textual overlap with independent ancient Jewish historians, and the presence of early oral creeds all testify that Jesus was a real Jewish person who lived in Judea, had followers, and was crucified (which is the scholarly consensus), as well as the finding of an empty tomb by women, followed by post-crucifixion appearances. It’s enough to more than get the attention of honest skeptical scholars.

You are repeating fallacies. The very essence of faith is to believe without evidence. Which is why religion is classified as a faith. Invoking evidence where none exists is a bogus tactic.

Antlers is completely correct.

…..and….as usual, you are completely wrong.

You just make up stuff and alter definitions to bolster your juvenile attempts at self-aggrandizement.

Crock.

The nature of faith has been explained to you numerous times, including Hebrews 11:1, which has nothing to do with justification through evidence, but clearly states that faith is its own justification, its own 'evidence.'

That you and antlers are incapable of understanding what is written is a testimony to the blindness of faith, where you see and interpret as you wish things to be, not how they are.

Page 37 of 64 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

258 members (264mag, 219 Wasp, 2five7, 1lessdog, 29aholic, 1_deuce, 36 invisible), 2,229 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,825
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.