Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rainshot
Some people are missing the point. He is an alien that has broken the law and defied the Constitution to invade our border illegally. He has no rights as an American Citizen.
That might be the wrong way to approach this question. The function of the Second Amendment is more to restrain the actions of government in the US, in light of rights belonging to all human beings, not just Americans.

That said, the first duty of an official of the US, upon discovering an illegal alien, is to place them in custody (awaiting deportation), and no one argues that a person in custody has a right to bear arms while in that condition. Let them iron out the status of their rights with their own governments, upon their return.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Very interesting Pandora Box she opened.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Liberals will argue the protections of the Constitution apply to anyone physically present in the United States or its territories regardless of citizenship. They are even trying to expand the privilege of voting to illegals. If that be the case the protection of the Second Amendment should apply as well.

If the Executive Branch was doing their job the issue of being here illegally would be more or less mute. In spite of being nominated by the magic knee grow and most likely an unqualified affirmative action hire, I think the judge made the correct constitutional decision. In my opinion the Constitution gives the government no authority to place any infringements on the possession or bearing of arms for any purpose.

A bigger concern is justice brown arguing the government has the right to limit free speech which is also protected by the Constitution.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Some people are missing the point. He is an alien that has broken the law and defied the Constitution to invade our border illegally. He has no rights as an American Citizen.

Yes, and its the exact reason anchor babies aren't citizens either.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The point is - if the 2A covers him - how can it NOT cover you? That's the unintended consequence of this.

Me

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Teal

The point is - if the 2A covers him - how can it NOT cover you? That's the unintended consequence of this.

And the “intended” consequence of this ruling by a “OBAMA” appointed judge? A ruling like this could potentially put guns in the hands of millions of gang/cartel affiliated persons and persons who are indebted to them who have families back in their home countries…which in turn will create more violent crime, which in turn will increase the cries for more “GUN SAFETY” legislation.

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 03/19/24.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

And the “intended” consequence of this ruling by a “OBAMA” appointed judge? A ruling like this could potentially put guns in the hands of millions of gang/cartel affiliated persons, which in turn will create more violent crime, which in turn will increase the cries for more “GUN SAFETY” legislation.

Except those guys - already have the guns and are using them. This guy wasn't one of them apparently but those bad actors - already have the guns. You won't see a net increase. If you believe that suddenly illegals will NOW get guns - you've not paid attention. If a 16 year old urban youth can get them illegally, you think the illegals couldn't until this ruling?

As to the Military Chinese coming over as a sleeper - they'd not send them if they already didn't have a plan to arm them, couldn't have counted on this - it doesn't move the needle.

I'm not even saying it should cover him, but now that you say it does - you have to cover me, completely and with anything that's an infringement, you now lose that argument.

That said - I'd much much prefer he not be here and we had a solid border. But since that's not happening, open the flood gates to me having a MK18, suppressed with the giggle switch - over the counter, no wait.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Laying the groundwork for a federal police force comprised of illegal invaders.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Why would they need to? If the Fed wanted a federal police force of armed illegals, they'd just issue them firearms, no need to send Jose to Bob's Guns n Gear to buy a Glock.

ATF isn't going to tell the .fed they can't because no 4473 was filled out with an appropriate answer to 12c

Me

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F

I like and agree with your theoretical point. But I think there is ample evidence every day in the headlines, that there is a double standard of justice in this country now. Clearly the current laws are enforced differently for white people and people of color. That is reality.
I wish I was wrong, I wish arbitrary ATF rules were invalidated by this case, but I'd bet heavily this won't pass muster in the first round of appeals.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke

I like and agree with your theoretical point. But I think there is ample evidence every day in the headlines, that there is a double standard of justice in this country now. Clearly the current laws are enforced differently for white people and people of color. That is reality.
I wish I was wrong, I wish arbitrary ATF rules were invalidated by this case, but I'd bet heavily this won't pass muster in the first round of appeals.

You're going to need to find a lefty willing to appeal this ruling and stand on the fact that an illegal immigrant is not covered under US law and subject to rules/regulations that US citizens aren't and thus don't have standing or rights to US perks, like say - voting.

They'll have to chose what they love more - illegal immigrants or restricting guns. I have a feeling they'll chose the immigrants and we, as a by product, end up with the gun rights restored.

Me

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by flintlocke
What does question 12c on form 4473 mean? Are you an alien illegally or unlawfully in the US? Can an alien acquire a firearm legally or not?

One can not ignore that Judge Coleman could be a DEI hire.

The 4473 form that is in opposition to the infringe nention in the 2A?

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Anyone else recall when NRA was lobbying for getting the feds involved in state and local level justice systems by way of Project Exile?

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
So… if a million armed Communist Chinese, crossed the border, we’ll give them a cell phone, put them up in hotels, feed them and tell them “welcome to America” what could go wrong…?
Feel free to substitute Chinese with your choice of country of origin…

Assuming you are meaning the US border?

If so, what nationality would be trying to prevent you from arming yourself in that scenario?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Who cares if the room temperature scumbag lying in the puddle of blood on the floor has a gun in his hand? No parole from the graveyard!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by milespatton
The only right that an illegal alien should have is the right to be quickly deported. When they enter, violating the law, they give up other rights. miles

So a cop(oh what the hell, anyone else too) should be able to rape and murder an illegal alien since they have no rights according to you?

Focus on the question instead of trying to smear me by claiming I support illegal aliens being here because I can assure you that you are wrong if you want to go that route.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Assuming he bought it from a FFL. Surely not the case.
Assuming he "bought" it at all.

Wonder what happens when it's a white guy next ?
The court finds that Carbajal-Flores’ criminal record, containing no improper use of a weapon, as well as the non-violent circumstances of his arrest do not support a finding that he poses a risk to public safety such that he cannot be trusted to use a weapon responsibly and should be deprived of his Second Amendment right to bear arms in self-defense.”

Stealing it is an obvious crime. Buying it as being a crime is made up crap after the founding of the country.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote]A person Legally in the US has a RIGHT to the 2A, endowed from our creator and no government can take that away and this is a good case to point that out. While this person is illegal and this person, technically is a criminal - they still enjoy the right to the 2A while in the US. Now explain how you take the 2A away from someone who isn't.....
/quote]

Fixed it for you. smile A convicted felon has no right to bear arms, Neither should anyone that entered this country Illegally. Their rights reside in their home country. Which they should be sent back to as soon as they are discovered here. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I worked with a couple of Federal Agents who came over from INS. We were talking about the Marial Flotilla people and I said something like they don’t have rights and they said as soon as they hit US soil they were afforded every Constitutional Right!

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by milespatton
[quote]A person Legally in the US has a RIGHT to the 2A, endowed from our creator and no government can take that away and this is a good case to point that out. While this person is illegal and this person, technically is a criminal - they still enjoy the right to the 2A while in the US. Now explain how you take the 2A away from someone who isn't.....
/quote]

Fixed it for you. smile A convicted felon has no right to bear arms, Neither should anyone that entered this country Illegally. Their rights reside in their home country. Which they should be sent back to as soon as they are discovered here. miles

Inalienable rights are a thing. Just because elites and their supporters(such as yourself) dislike the concept doesn't make it true.

Still looking forward to hearing this one.

So a cop(oh what the hell, anyone else too) should be able to rape and murder an illegal alien since they have no rights according to you?

Focus on the question instead of trying to smear me by claiming I support illegal aliens being here because I can assure you that you are wrong if you want to go that route.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1lesfox, 1234, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,518
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.