Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by smokepole
[quote=milespatton]
My father-in-law said the same thing about asbestos. He worked around it all his life and he was fine into his seventies.

Then he died from a very aggressive form of lung cancer.

I'm not saying roundup will kill you, just that a sample of a few means not very much.

/quote]
I read the obituaries in the Little Rock paper every morning. Most of the people in it are younger than me.I have a good friend, since we were five years old, Life long farmer, probably used more roundup, than you and everybody that you know, added together. I have a lot of friends like that, since I live in a farming community. All alive, cancer free. Talk about something that you know about. miles

LOL, cancer rates from exposure to chemicals in the environment is something I know about. And what I know is, one person's anecdotes don't mean jack shìt.
Anecdotal Science is the best kind.

That's right. You can chug a gallon of glyphosate and as long as you've got the anecdote you'll be OK.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Was it surplus from Vietnam contaminated with dioxin?
I did totally miss that part. It was not.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=milespatton]
My father-in-law said the same thing about asbestos. He worked around it all his life and he was fine into his seventies.

Then he died from a very aggressive form of lung cancer.

I'm not saying roundup will kill you, just that a sample of a few means not very much.

/quote]
I read the obituaries in the Little Rock paper every morning. Most of the people in it are younger than me.I have a good friend, since we were five years old, Life long farmer, probably used more roundup, than you and everybody that you know, added together. I have a lot of friends like that, since I live in a farming community. All alive, cancer free. Talk about something that you know about. miles

LOL, cancer rates from exposure to chemicals in the environment is something I know about. And what I know is, one person's anecdotes don't mean jack shìt.
Anecdotal Science is the best kind.

That's right. You can chug a gallon of glyphosate and as long as you've got the anecdote you'll be OK.

Huh?

You may be on to something there.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Huh?

You may be on to something there.

Of course I am. And don't act so surprised, that's hurtful.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Oh my gosh.

I should read more carefully next time.

That was good.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Somebody call Erin Brockavich.

There was a whole town scrooged over by dioxin.
I elk hunted years ago with her lawyer. Hell of a worldwide hunter.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just to show you the influence that your TV, and lawyer advertising on people, just this morning I read a post by a local woman, about Roundup. According to Her, Roundup will kill you, your children, Honeybees, dogs , cats and most everything else. Her late husband was a farmer, as was His Dad, and Her Her Son currently farms. None of these died from anything Roundup related, although Roundup is used a lot on their farm, which is very large. Her Husband and His Dad died from old age, pure and simple. I have known this family all my life, and I am 76 years old. I was on the cemetery board with Her Husband, and now Her son is on the board in His place. She on the other hand Has never worked except housework, maybe. I think most of that was done by hired help. Anyway what caught my eye, was the part about honeybees. According to her, Roundup will kill honeybees for 5-10 miles in every direction. Funny thing, I spray it around my hives to keep vegetation down close to them, and then I mow the rest. Granted that I spray in late evening, when the bees are in the hive, and that gives time for the chemical to go dormant. Lots of BS going around Roundup, by people that have never used it. miles

Last edited by milespatton; 03/24/24.

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Godogs57

Hexavalent chromium was the issue in Hinkley.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Roundup is a trade name.

We have a local farmer while he was still in highschool went to Germany and bought the rights to a weed killer that used glyphosate as it's active ingredient. After he and his dad started producing this weed killer DOW Chemical in effect STOLE it from them and now you know that chemical as Roundup. As I recall, he bought the rights from Bayer sometime in the 1960's.

This local farmer sued Dow and it took over 20 years to settle the lawsuit. In the end he won but it was a pretty shallow victory for him. He went on to produce his version of glyphosate and sold it in Brazil and India and other 3rd world countries for years. He sold out of everything just a couple of years ago as a very wealthy man. He and his dad were just a couple of dumb a$$ed farmers with a plan.

Look up Dennis Albaugh and check it out yourself. Another Ankeny graduate is Mark Westrum. The former owner of Armalite. He retired about 10 years ago and sold the company. It's since gone to $hit in a handbasket.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 03/24/24.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Godogs57

Hexavalent chromium was the issue in Hinkley.

I always thought it was that myself.🤣

In the movie she fires her first atty and then hires the guy I hunted with.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B3

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,872
Posts18,518,060
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.