Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Got a call purportedly by ATT. Said someone had added services in Pennsylvania. Seemed legit. Then they asked for my passcode to verify. Gave it to them and an 'oh-no' second later realized what I had done. Hung up on them and called ATT. Had to wait for a call back due to a 45 minute wait.

Got home and saw an email that my password had been changed. Fuuuuu....

Anyway got a call back from ATT and got everything changed and verified that there had been no account changes other than the passcode and password.

Biggest problem is that the wife over heard this and is now muttering about how we are going to lose our bank account and retirement.

Oh well, not a bad time to change passwords.

Carpe' Scrotum
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Seems like everything is a scam today.
Just received an email from Amazon that my account was "on hold"

Hope no damage was done.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Open a savings account on another bank. Never share the info.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by rong

Hope no damage was done.
Get them all the time. Delete them! A good bank will call you if something is fishy.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Got a call today, supposedly from Verizon today. They hung up after my third cuss word at them.

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I came uncomfortably close, one or 2 clicks away, to loosing $825 for a shotgun on a reputable site. Not their fault, but freakin scammers are becoming more of a threat every day.

If new & improved measures aren't put in place, it's gonna be impossible to do business on line........ Yet that's what they want all of us to do.

On line,,,, paperless,,,, convenience,,, ya, ya ,ya.

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Originally Posted by rong

Hope no damage was done.
Get them all the time. Delete them! A good bank will call you if something is fishy.

Our bank's really good about contacting us. Had my debit card compromised a while back. Had it on hold and then canceled in about 15 minutes after the transaction attempts.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Might be bad behavior, but when an apparent female red dot calls I ask if she has purple nipples.

If she pauses I'll ask her again if she has purple nipples and a hairy box. Phone call disconnects then.

GOA
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I never answer phone calls from unknown callers, never!
I get multiple e mails weekly saying my account has been put on hold, please call this number, or similar. I delete all of them.

NRA Patron
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Last week I got a call from "medicare", wanting to verify my ID number. Notified Medicare right away, gave them the number the call supposedly originated,, haven't heard anything yet.

Dale

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Idiot. Don’t give anyone your personal or password info.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

GFY

Carpe' Scrotum
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

GFY
I see you fugked up your banking security too. Damn idiot.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Same here . never answer an unknown number. If its important they 'll leave a message and I'll decide after that

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Not good

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Usually that's my MOS, too. However the phone told me it was a 'valid' number. Won't be doing that again.

Carpe' Scrotum
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Might be bad behavior, but when an apparent female red dot calls I ask if she has purple nipples. If she pauses I'll ask her again if she has purple nipples and a hairy box. Phone call disconnects then.

I love messing with those dothead gals- - - - -asking if they prefer phugging their father or their brother usually gets a quick hangup.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Ya ever get a call from ur own number I have

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A common scam these days (my elderly uncle was a victim and they tried it on my son), caller says he is with your bank’s security department and their review shows your account may have been hacked. Some employee at your local branch is involved so only deal with us. They offer to reset your password and add security with help from Microsoft.
Of course the MS help is to add remote access to your PC. Now they have access to your PC and online banking.
The scam has a few variations but always is based on the story of you already being a victim and they can help. Fear and isolation is the approach. My uncle’s bank noticed unusual online activity and froze the account then notified adult protection services who notified me. My uncle was so scared that his phone and home were under surveillance that it took three days for me to get him to explain the whole situation and convince him “Nancy” was a crook and not with his bank.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
My wife's bankcard got a fraud alert today. Some Arab sounding joker called and.said he was from our banks fraud department and that someone just charged 500 for American Airline.tickets. I told her to hang up it is a scam. I said give me your debit card I am headed to the bank.Ahab the Arab called back and asked why she hung up. She asked what bank are you calling about and he named Bank of Cyprus. Not our bank, I told her to hang up before he steals the.info out of your phone. She did. I went to the bank 2 minutes away and told them to cancel the.card and.check for fraud. There was no 500 dollar charge attempted but Ahab tried 27.34 and was caught. Nothing was stolen. They issued a new card and pin and password in about 30 minutes. I would never have fallen for it. I told my wife never respond to a text. Call the actual institution and deal with them. Every minute you spend on the.line with a.scammer is that much more they can take. Don't respond and don't talk to them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

416 members (30incher, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 280ACKIMP, 257_X_50, 270cowboy, 50 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,753
Posts18,476,304
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.