Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Clarkm
internment fasfting causes hart attactks

Is this the Joe Biden science hour?

Matt Kaeberlein
@mkaeberlein
All the influencers are losing it over the new report that intermittent fasting is associated with a 91% increase in heart disease death.

Nina Teicholz, PhD
@bigfatsurprise
·
Mar 20
Do you have documentation for this statement in your paper?
"ketogenic diets generally fall under the CR umbrella because the experimental group typically consumes 20-40% fewer calories than the control group. "
I don't believe that's true

This one's my favorite.

Chim(p)s on bicycles...

GR

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
How fugging stupid do they think we are? Apparently, the answer is "very".

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Fact of the matter is, "live'n will kill ya".

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'
Your diet just needs more cow bell.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJY66
How fugging stupid do they think we are? Apparently, the answer is "very".
How many people in this country got the death shot and wore masks in their cars? Id say yes, very fuggin stupid

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jorgeI
A completely flawed study in my opinion. Critical thinking is necessary here as well as a belief in the validity of evolution.

Let's look at it this way...nature generally designs its creatures to survive basic hardships, so how much sense does it make to have humans drop dead from "fasting" after 16 hours which is what the study looked at. People restricted their caloric intake to an 8 hour time period. Does this make sense that the human heart would throw a wobble when we only ate for 8 hours after not eating for 16? Would we all be on death's door after 24, or 36, or even 72 hours or more?

Think about this. The human body stores energy in the form of adipose tissue for a reason--easy energy access when food isn't readily available. The fat it accesses nourishes the brain probably more than anything else. Our evolution and fat storage developed to keep us alive when food wasn't readily available. Do you think that evolution undid itself once the 24 hour McDonald's came into being?

This so-called "study" has several flaws, including the particular individuals studied, the controls used, the physical condition of those individuals studied, their ages, other stress in their life, etc. What if those people who chose to do intermittent fasting did so because they had already been diagnosed with cardiac issues?

Remember, correlation DOES NOT imply causation.

There ya' go trying to make sense again.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
And don't forget Butter is Bad for you, so eat Margarine, Horse Chit

And what about don't eat Eggs, they will kill you, Horse Chit.

And on and on it goes......................................

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KillerBee
And don't forget Butter is Bad for you, so eat Margarine, Horse Chit

And what about don't eat Eggs, they will kill you, Horse Chit.

And on and on it goes......................................

Good ole American Heart-attack, Shortening, and Expressed Seed Oil Association.

[Linked Image from blogger.googleusercontent.com]

Ha!

GR

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by jorgeI
A completely flawed study in my opinion. Critical thinking is necessary here as well as a belief in the validity of evolution.

Let's look at it this way...nature generally designs its creatures to survive basic hardships, so how much sense does it make to have humans drop dead from "fasting" after 16 hours which is what the study looked at. People restricted their caloric intake to an 8 hour time period. Does this make sense that the human heart would throw a wobble when we only ate for 8 hours after not eating for 16? Would we all be on death's door after 24, or 36, or even 72 hours or more?

Think about this. The human body stores energy in the form of adipose tissue for a reason--easy energy access when food isn't readily available. The fat it accesses nourishes the brain probably more than anything else. Our evolution and fat storage developed to keep us alive when food wasn't readily available. Do you think that evolution undid itself once the 24 hour McDonald's came into being?

This so-called "study" has several flaws, including the particular individuals studied, the controls used, the physical condition of those individuals studied, their ages, other stress in their life, etc. What if those people who chose to do intermittent fasting did so because they had already been diagnosed with cardiac issues?

Remember, correlation DOES NOT imply causation.

There ya' go trying to make sense again.

Tell us about boomers and critical thinking during Covid. I never saw so much silly anti science emotion based hysteria in my life

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by DBT
As hunter gatherers we had intermittent fasting for centuries, just not by choice. There must have been an epidemic of heart attacks in the Paleolithic. wink

Yes, and that was discovered by the Democrat’s while carbon dating for climate change data.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The American Heart-attack association, back in the early 20th century, was a broke-dick phone-on-a-desk agency.

Then, Proctor&Gamble gave them $Millions to promote and pimp "Crisco," a failed expressed seed oil industrial lubricant, as a "healthy" alternative to lard.

This made the American Heart-attack Association the richest and most powerful nutrition/health advocate in the country.

... and ushered in the pandemic increase of modern metabolic disease and death - Obesity/Diabetes/Coronary/Cancer.

And, apparently, they are still at it.

Take a bow.

GR

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
In other news today, McDonalds announced they will be having Krispy Kreme donuts on their menu all day long. Nationwide rollout begins soon. Giddy up.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by hillestadj
ixecreme brake evry 3 ours, blod shuger twixe daley.
Wat flaver gud sir?

I l9ke vanila

Neoplotlation for me frend

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Think that is wrong. Thumb goes in chocolate, ala "bowling ball grip".

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Intermittent fisting causes anal warts and lesions - Slummy told me so

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

689 members (1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 63 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,728
Posts18,475,912
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.