Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
The other shoe drops and it is bad:

"I posted a link to a video by News Now Houston (NNH), he is a youtuber who does copwatch/1st amendment audit videos. In the video he shows a map of the house and allegedly how the shootout went down.

In the video the biggest new allegations were that the husband, Tuttle, was alive and left to bleed out for 2 hours before anyone went back in. NNH claims that a neighbor heard Tuttle crying out for over two hours. The neighbor additionally claims that prior to SWAT entering the home (after the 2 hours presumably), Tuttle who was downed in the initial shootout was given an anchor shot through a window."

Cop Hater.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
“The no-knock warrants are going to go away like leaded gasoline in this city”

Says the true chitbird Acevedo, the same guy who put that couple’s faces on camera and called ‘em “scumbags”, now scrambling to keep his job.

Scrambling to keep his job he takes away no-knock entries entirely. Obviously these things have a place which is why good guys like Lt Pat and McKay have done so many. So now Acevedo the prick chitbird grandstands, setting up more good Cops to get shot.

I'm thinking it was Joe Gamaldi, the union president that called them dirtbags.

Looks like people are sure calling for Acevedo to be fired too.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
The other shoe drops and it is bad:

"I posted a link to a video by News Now Houston (NNH), he is a youtuber who does copwatch/1st amendment audit videos. In the video he shows a map of the house and allegedly how the shootout went down.

In the video the biggest new allegations were that the husband, Tuttle, was alive and left to bleed out for 2 hours before anyone went back in. NNH claims that a neighbor heard Tuttle crying out for over two hours. The neighbor additionally claims that prior to SWAT entering the home (after the 2 hours presumably), Tuttle who was downed in the initial shootout was given an anchor shot through a window."

If found to be true someone should never experience life outside a cell again...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sitka Deer, if you don't mind I wanted to ask an unrelated question via PM but it appears that your in box is full, could you do some housekeeping?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I will take a look.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Made some room, did not realize I was over my limit...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gracias.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
“The no-knock warrants are going to go away like leaded gasoline in this city”

Says the true chitbird Acevedo, the same guy who put that couple’s faces on camera and called ‘em “scumbags”, now scrambling to keep his job.

Scrambling to keep his job he takes away no-knock entries entirely. Obviously these things have a place which is why good guys like Lt Pat and McKay have done so many. So now Acevedo the prick chitbird grandstands, setting up more good Cops to get shot.

I'm thinking it was Joe Gamaldi, the union president that called them dirtbags.

Looks like people are sure calling for Acevedo to be fired too.

To be fair, Gloins, the lead Cop who wrote the shoddy warrant, pre-dates Acevedo or that weasely Police Union prick, but their response was such that they own it now.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 02/19/19.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Avecado says he is not letting the FBI nor the Texas Rangers “ take over the investigation “.

I’m pretty sure that the FBI doesn’t need an invitation from him to investigate potential Civil Rights infringements, but , absent a request from HPD or the County Sheriff, which State Official has the authority to send them to investigate? Is it only the Governor?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Avecado says he is not letting the FBI nor the Texas Rangers “ take over the investigation “.

I’m pretty sure that the FBI doesn’t need an invitation from him to investigate potential Civil Rights infringements, but , absent a request from HPD or the County Sheriff, which State Official has the authority to send them to investigate? Is it only the Governor?

The FBI can investigate civil rights violations whether they are called in by the department or not.

I've seen them do it.

Sometimes they will let the state prosecute under state law, but those terms are usually with a condition of conviction and minimum prison sentence.

If the D.A. fails to prosecute and get a conviction and minimum sentence, the the FBI & US Atty will prosecute under federal statutes and sentence accordingly upon conviction.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I meant to ask who could task the Rangers to investigate but neglected to mention them. Gettin old ain’t for sissies.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I meant to ask who could task the Rangers to investigate but neglected to mention them. Gettin old ain’t for sissies.

The rangers can investigate if the agency involved asks requests their involvement.

I don't think they can just investigate because Abbott or Ken Paxton wants them to.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Schitt just keeps on getting deeper:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/i...285-13b94210-449c-4406-b843-f24a45c814ce

February 22, 2019

Embattled veteran Houston Police officer Gerald Goines routinely claimed it was too dangerous to knock on a suspected drug dealer’s home.

Goines swore in search warrant affidavits that “knocking and announcing would be dangerous, futile,” because he claimed a confidential informant had seen a gun inside. Those claims led judges to grant no-knock warrants, which accounted for 96 percent of all the search warrants he filed in the last seven years, a KHOU 11 Investigation has found.

But in every one of the more than 100 drug cases based off those warrants, there’s no record of Goines ever seizing a gun after executing a no-knock search warrant.

Those warrants are likely to be part of the District Attorney Kim Ogg’s review of Goines’ past cases that she pledged this week.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe the Harris County DA makes the charges more specific and re-tries him?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ol_mike
This deal sounded like a frame up from the git go. The surprising aspect is that the cover up was unsuccessful.

A couple of days ago, an unarmed guy was charged with murder because one cop shot another while shooting at the unarmed guy. Let that sink in and then compare that outcome with what is likely to happen here.
Didn't the dumbass run at the cops w/a fake gun pretending to be attacking/aiming it at the cops ?

The Houston Homeowner had a real gun and shot four cops before he was killed. In the other case, we don’t know what happened there, do we?

If cops hadn’t been shot in Houston, we would likely never have heard about the phony search warrant.
If cops had not been shot, the heroin from the console of the cop's car would have been planted inside the house, and it would have just been business as usual, with two dead perps.

Injured cops, calls for backup, ambulances, additional activity and extra witnesses, sure screws up the best laid plans.

Damned citizens with guns in their house anyway! What IS this country coming to.

There is a saying about power and corruption.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Maybe the Harris County DA makes the charges more specific and re-tries him?

They operated for several decades without a problem so no reason to think that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
People died and were injured as a result of the cop's illegal activity. If I were one of the cops that got injured because of his lie, I'd rattle his [bleep] teeth loose.

Decent cops are justifiably furious over this.

Our Constitution provides civil rights to protect us from govt. There are conditions when these are allowed, such as search warrants. When the ones that are supposed to be enforcing the laws are the ones breaking them and violating our Constitution, it causes distrust in the ones that are following the rule book, and trying to take the real bad guys out. mad

I'll lump in those sorry, POS, SOB's that lied to the FISA Court to obtain illegal warrants as well.

It is very clear that the Justice System... isn't anymore. frown

Lying to the courts doesn't seem to be a chargeable offense anymore. DemoRATS' favorite sport.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a cop charge me with reckless endangerment for target practicing within 1/2 mile of his mobile home.
The DA called me up and said charges were dropped.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
People died and were injured as a result of the cop's illegal activity. If I were one of the cops that got injured because of his lie, I'd rattle his [bleep] teeth loose.

Decent cops are justifiably furious over this.

Our Constitution provides civil rights to protect us from govt. There are conditions when these are allowed, such as search warrants. When the ones that are supposed to be enforcing the laws are the ones breaking them and violating our Constitution, it causes distrust in the ones that are following the rule book, and trying to take the real bad guys out. mad

I'll lump in those sorry, POS, SOB's that lied to the FISA Court to obtain illegal warrants as well.

It is very clear that the Justice System... isn't anymore. frown

Lying to the courts doesn't seem to be a chargeable offense anymore. DemoRATS' favorite sport.

When was it a problem as long as the victim of the lie is a peon? Brady has been around awhile.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (6mmCreedmoor, artur, Backroads, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 8 invisible), 1,467 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,402
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.