Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Would like to know how many of these were stupid people creating a situation where the dog thought it had to defend itself

I know that dang dog was just flip flopping his ear in that poor sweet gentle pit's face. Cant blame the angel of dog breeds

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by ribka
Would like to know how many of these were stupid people creating a situation where the dog thought it had to defend itself

I know that dang dog was just flip flopping his ear in that poor sweet gentle pit's face. Cant blame the angel of dog breeds

Are you tethered to reality in any secure way?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shoot them fookers, never understand why people what to own dogs like that.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

No

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
When I hear Pit apologists talking its like listening to The View or some rabid anti 2A lib.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

clearly that poor docile pit had to defend itself

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Calvin

No

Well I hike 30 to 50 miles a day up and down Alaskan mountain ranges mountains hunting like Calvin the fishing guide so I guess I dont

lol

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
You know, it doesn’t even matter the breed in that situation. Pits are a unique issue, I get it. But for any dog that size to attack my dog for being in the area? Bad ending. And an ineffective owner? Like most here I always have a knife. A few strokes in the rib cage and the offending animal is asleep. It’s an animal presenting a danger not a two year old child with bad social skills. Killem.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ive had pits most of my life, as have my parents/grand parents. They do have prey drive, most definitely. the vast majority of incidents occur because inexperienced owners that cant control them own them, because they look cool. There isnt enough context in that video to tell what happened, huskies are known for being mouthy dogs, and it very well may have wrote a check its ass couldnt cash. Once was walking my dog in a nearly deserted park, with my 95lb unaltered male, some complete moron decided he should ignore leash laws and was letting his large black lab run all over, his lab ran up to my dog and i told him he needed to leash his dog and keep it away from mine, his dog attempted to assert dominace (ran up and attempted to jump on my dog) and got its ass kicked in about 3 seconds, and it was well deserved. I didnt let my dog do any real damage in that brief exchanged, but an idiot owner, or an inexperienced owner could have had a major problem.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Calvin

No

Well I hike 30 to 50 miles a day up and down Alaskan mountain ranges mountains hunting like Calvin the fishing guide so I guess I dont

lol

It’s amazing that one of the most dishonest posters on the 24 Hour Campfire is a career federal law enforcement officer. Yep, that’s Ribka.

Spent his whole career lying, because it was legal for him to lie to citizens, but it was illegal for people to lie to him. Seems like he can’t turn it off.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Chihuahua's are universally small and [bleep]. is that genetic or training?

I saw a Chihuahua kill a pit bull. Both dog owners were amazed, the pit bull choked on the Chihuahua…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
There was a bad aggressive pit in the area.....I shot the SOB.

Trouble was the owner was walking him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They're just misunderstood fur babies.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s amazing how calm the husky appears.

The pitbull seems very jovial.

The people showing these dogs perhaps should switch to goldfish. Or flowers.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
They're just like rats, Pull their teeth and they aint so bad.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
If there were nothing but very responsible Pit owners, we'd see far fewer attacks. They'd still attack more than any other breed by a wide margin though. Unfortunately the breed attracts trailer trash type owners. The combination compounds issues.

Pit bulls are normally whatever their owners train them to be, at least in my experience.
Same with rottweilers and many German Shepards. Seems it is in their instinct to make their owners happy.

Dogs are pretty good at reading people and their personalities also. Lady one street over has Dutch Shepards. She trains them. Guess they are suppose to be very aggressive dogs. First time I was around them, she has 3, I just got on my knee, and stuck my hand out. They came over and sniffed my hand, and then were like house cats on my putting their heads under my outstretched hand to be petted. Guess they sensed I love most dogs... In fact I normally say I have more use for most dogs than I do most people.

All three of her dogs are former military or police dogs.

Still believe most dogs are whatever they owners make them to be.

when I was about 14, I had a paper route on the military base we lived on ( Pope AFB, N.C.). I use to carry table scraps in a pouch from dinner the night before. If I had to deal with an aggressive dog, for owners who always had to have their paper put on the front porch, and out of the rain, if it happened to rain. I'd get down on a knee and offer them a piece of meat scrap. Several times of that, they would always be waiting for me, with tails wagging, because I fed them.

Had one customer who was a black guy, who didn't like white folks much. He had a husky/ shepard cross, that was pretty aggressive. So I brought it a bone every day. IN a week, it was always happy to see me. The black guy came home one afternoon early and saw me petting his dog and freaked out. Next day, that dog was gone, and he had another pretty unfriendly dog chained to his front door step. Well the dog bone worked for him also... and within a week, that dog was happy to see me every day also.

I keep dog treats on the front porch of the house here and feed most of the dogs, that the owners take for a walk down our very unbusy street. They see me and they are always wagging their tail, ready for something to eat.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've been handling insurance claims for over 30 years. For the last several years, I have handled property liability claims exclusively. Here's my perspective:

Dog bite claims are the the single most common liability claim made under a homeowners or renters policy.

Bully breeds (Pit Bulls, Staffordshire Terriers, etc) account for the largest share of dog bite claims, and produce the most serious injuries. German Shepherds are second in frequency, and nearly equal in severity. Other breeds such as Cane Corsos, Mastiffs, and Catahoula Leopard Dogs produce a disproportionate number of injuiry claims. Of the smaller breeds, Australian Shepherds are notorious ankle biters and produce a lot of claims by people bitten while jogging or riding bikes. Their bites can be quite severe.

Labs, Golden Retrievers and Collies may bite, but the number of claims people make as a result are negligible. If I handle the rare claim for a bite from a Lab, it's almost always a "Lab mix." When I ask what it's mixed with, I'm almost always told "maybe a terrier of some kind."

The most frequent excuse when an insured's dog gets out is about equal shares of: a) "my kid left the door/gate open", and 2) "the dog slipped out when I was taking a package from the Amazon guy." But I am also amazed at the number of people that simply cannot control their leashed dog. I've seen claims where women and children were literally dragged by their dog as it pulls to attack another dog or person. Others willfully let their dog run at large.

The most frequent comment about the severity of the injury by the dog owner is "it was just a nip." Or "he was just playing." Many dog owners are simply unwilling to confront the fact that their dog just tore someone up. That comment is almost always followed by, "I want to fight this, it wasn't that bad."

Here's the reality: If your dog bites someone, unless that person was actually trespassing or provoking your dog, you will be 100% liable in states with strict liability laws, and there's a lot of those states. If your conduct was egregious or reckless, and that conduct allowed the attack or bite to occur, you may be liable for punitive damages, and punitive damages are usually not covered by your insurance policy. In states without strict liability laws, you will likely be liable if there was a leash law you violated - such as your dog running at large. "One Bite Rules" in states can be overcome if you had ANY notice of any prior aggression or bites. Most juries are not going to stiff a bite victim.

If your dog bites someone, no matter how "sweet" it is, you are now in possession of a dog that bites. You will likely lose your homeowners or renters insurance. Many insurers do not want to insure a home that houses a dog that has bitten.

Lesson - control your dog.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
^^^Good Info^^^

Thanks for posting

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My Dad always said that pitbulls are the negroes of the dog world. The danger and violence is lurking just below the surface.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Love how gentle the owner of the Pit Bull was trying to get it off the Husky.

Me, owner of the Husky?

1 step forward. BLAM.

Bye..
So, when I was with my pure Pitbull at the dog park back in the early two thousands, and an elderly gentleman's Boxer charged him, grabbed him by the face, and wouldn't let go, instead of helping the man get his dog off mine (the Boxer actually bit my hand while trying to get a better grip on my dog's face), I should have drawn and fired?? Got it.

Your situation was different.

You do you. You're in a blue blue blue county. I guess you'd want to consider that.

Back before the prevalence of concealed carry, a few decades ago, I saw a lot of people in Albuquerque walking and running with a 9-iron. Next to a sword or firearm, that is a fairly good antidote for dog attacks.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,095 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,840
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.