Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I was scared off by the eye relief for a while. I jumped in and finally bought one for my 270. Mounting was a little tricky but reversible front and rear bases fixed that. I liked it enough to buy another one for my 30-06. Just saw they went up 30.00 now, glad I ordered when I did.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn guys, glad y'all are liking these. I wonder if my specimen (fondled about 2-3 years ago) was somehow different.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I bought another for my 270 Win M700 Ti.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Damn guys, glad y'all are liking these. I wonder if my specimen (fondled about 2-3 years ago) was somehow different.

My guess is that you are just another internet expert. Perhaps you touched one in a store for a hot minute, which then translates into you being an expert on it and parroting about the ER.

Last edited by JakeM78; 02/22/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JakeM78

My guess is that you are just another internet expert. Perhaps you touched one in a store for a hot minute, which then translates into you being an expert on it and parroting about the ER.

Steelhead, you simply can't shake your cundtiness can you? I never posited myself as an expert. I made it very clear the extent of my experience was handling one at my local dealer, Puglia's Sporting Goods. Eye relief remains the same after a scope is mounted, and doesn't take any real level of expertise to determine if it's suitable for the user. As a bargain hound, I am truly glad y'all scored a bargain that you are happy with and glad you are sharing it with the masses as well. That's one of the things that makes this place great.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Steelhead, you simply can't shake your cundtiness can you? I never posited myself as an expert. I made it very clear the extent of my experience was handling one at my local dealer, Puglia's Sporting Goods. Eye relief remains the same after a scope is mounted, and doesn't take any real level of expertise to determine if it's suitable for the user. As a bargain hound, I am truly glad y'all scored a bargain that you are happy with and glad you are sharing it with the masses as well. That's one of the things that makes this place great.

I don't know who you think I am, but I do know that you talk about that which you know not. If you've never owned one, never mounted one, never fired a shot using one, why do you feel the need to speak about them?

I understand women love to just run their mouth, I can only assuming that you are a woman. I'm sorry you enjoy making comments about things you know not of, but please do not try to give opinions on things you know nothing of. It is embarrassing, and it should be for you as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't know who you think I am, but I do know that you talk about that which you know not. If you've never owned one, never mounted one, never fired a shot using one, why do you feel the need to speak about them?

I understand women love to just run their mouth, I can only assuming that you are a woman. I'm sorry you enjoy making comments about things you know not of, but please do not try to give opinions on things you know nothing of. It is embarrassing, and it should be for you as well.

Steelhead, really?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I made it very clear the extent of my experience was handling one at my local dealer, Puglia's Sporting Goods. Eye relief remains the same after a scope is mounted, and doesn't take any real level of expertise to determine if it's suitable for the user. As a bargain hound, I am truly glad y'all scored a bargain that you are happy with and glad you are sharing it with the masses as well. That's one of the things that makes this place great.

Highlight is mine.

These are yours, please let me know where you made it very clear the extent of your experience was handling one at your local dealer. You've been doing if for years, not mention of only fondling.

My particular favorite, and I quote "Those numbers are accurate, and the Huron and Ascent really do have noticeably short eye relief." How do you know those numbers are accurate if you clear (another fabrication) that you only fondled them a your LGS.

All this proves is what a liar you are, but I'm sure that will not stop you from doubling down. Enjoy.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...arch/true/re-trijicon-huron#Post18234938

I thought optical quality was good, but the eye relief is a non-starter. Spend a few bucks more and get the Credo

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...re-trijicon-huron-or-ascent#Post18580107

I am a pretty big fan of Trijicon. If I could go back in time, all of my guns would wear them. That said, I'd skip those two models. Compare their eye relief numbers to Leupolds. Those numbers are accurate, and the Huron and Ascent really do have noticeably short eye relief. The price is tempting, but for just a little more, the Credo 3-9x40 has much better eye relief and the illumination on it is fantastic. https://www.eurooptic.com/Trijicon-...on-Hunter-1-in-Matte-Black-Riflesco.aspx

What kind of rifle are you going to put it on?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...me-newer-scopes-non-dialing#Post18130379

The Huron has unacceptably short eye relief. Scratch it off the list.

The Credo 3-9 is a fantastic scope, but is a one inch fully illuminated reticle. I own 2. Very easy to get behind. Outstanding illumination control. Depending upon rifle, throw knob may get in the way of the bolt on 9X. It did on my Christensen.

A Meopta Optika 5 may be to your liking. 1 inch but checks your other boxes. Easy to get behind and good illumination control. https://cameralandny.com/shop/tags/...0138-9c65-00163e90e196?variation=2779784

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ue/re-reviwes-on-gpo-wanted#Post18014154

Originally Posted by luv2safari
Thanks. I appreciate the response.

I've never had a Leupold fail and have used them since I was 13; I'm 75 now. I hear they don't do well when turrets get cranked. I use one as set it and leave the knobs alone and won't be turning knobs after it's sighted in. What other troubles are they having? I've used the VXII series on my 416 Rigby and on my 338. I sold the rifles and kept the scopes.

On a drilling eyebox and eye relief are especially important, since mounting scopes is seldom optimal and is usually a compromise of some sort or another. I like Leupold's eyebox and eye relief. How does the Trijicon compare?

As a whole, Leupold has the best eye relief and eye box of any scope brand that I am familiar with. Eye relief on Trijicon Huron and Ascent are noticeably short. The Credos that I have used don't measure up to the Leupolds I have used in eye box, eye relief and ease of getting behind, but they are still good.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ning-trijicon-which-reticle#Post16856556

Originally Posted by Ky221
If you're net dead set on illumination, the Trigicon Huron checks all the boxes.

I have one on an AR. For what you're doing I'd be inclined to roll with the 2-10 or 3-12 with the BDC hunter hold reticle. It's uncluttered and works very well at least out to 400. Which is as far as I've tested it. It also has a capped elevation dial which works great. The only downside is no zero stop.

The credo gets an easy pass for me. I find the reticle way too fine for hunting and that huge eyepiece made scope mounting a chore.
The eye relief is way too short on those. Trijicon screwed the pooch on the Hurons. The size of the eye piece on my Credo 3-9x40 is a non issue. In an era of massive eye pieces, it's actually comparatively not big at all. The MOA precision hunter reticle is fine. I prefer a fine reticle though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These are yours, please let me know where you made it very clear the extent of your experience was handling one at your local dealer.

I had to go all the way back to my first post in this thread lololololol

I handled a Huron at a local store. The eye relief at 9X is a no go for me. Eye box was meh. Glass was very good. I assume it will track accurately. Seems Trijicon has that down.

To the best of my knowledge eye relief remains the same whether I handle a scope in the store or whether I buy the scope and mount it. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, steelhead.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let's play with another part of your fantastic research project steelhead.

I am a pretty big fan of Trijicon. If I could go back in time, all of my guns would wear them. That said, I'd skip those two models. Compare their eye relief numbers to Leupolds. Those numbers are accurate, and the Huron and Ascent really do have noticeably short eye relief. The price is tempting, but for just a little more, the Credo 3-9x40 has much better eye relief and the illumination on it is fantastic. https://www.eurooptic.com/Trijicon-...on-Hunter-1-in-Matte-Black-Riflesco.aspx

Imma try a lil bit of the really cool bold text like you did. This is the post that immediately followed that one lolololol

Originally Posted by jc189
Agree 100%, Paul nailed it. I own a Huron and a Credo. Just Buy the Credo you will be glad you did. And to answer your question, yes they are Tough and stack up to leupold.

Enjoy your scope!

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Let's play with another part of your fantastic research project steelhead.

Imma try a lil bit of the really cool bold text like you did. This is the post that immediately followed that one lolololol

Originally Posted by jc189
Agree 100%, Paul nailed it. I own a Huron and a Credo. Just Buy the Credo you will be glad you did. And to answer your question, yes they are Tough and stack up to leupold.

Enjoy your scope!

Now you are parroting other people?

This post showed up. I needed a new scope. I did a search. The constant in that search was you talking about the short ER, without ever owning one.

I even question Edm about it. I also saw he had posts and pictures of very real dead animals. I looked at your posts and only saw blah, blah, blah. I came to the conclusion that you are an internet expert and chose to listen to Edm and I ordered one (now 2).

Thankfully I didn't listen to the internet expert. Feel free to ignore me, because I guarantee I will be ignoring you on anything, unless it's how to guess without a clue.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Paul the liberal, married to an ugly fu'king chick that has a dick, no experience, POS.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Paul the liberal, married to an ugly fu'king chick that has a dick, no experience, POS.

Someone found the brown liquor.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

No sir, he is just a liar.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

PS: I'm sorry your yankee kgunt guides you so much.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

PS: I'm sorry your yankee kgunt guides you so much.
I think Paul nailed it. Steelhead? Are you really back after all of these years? Charming as ever.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (160user, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,701 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,775
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.