Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Holee molee this pain is real!!

Any tricks out there or will have I have to deplete my Quaalude inventory over this?

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
In my experience lie as flat as you can, stretch as you ate able and take full advantage of narcotics.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I had it for quite a while. Couldn't sleep at night. It was miserable. I got a bad case of poison ivy, went to the doctor and got a cortisone shot. The sciatica left and hasn't returned for several years now.

If you go and ask for it, you might be able to get the steroid shot without getting poison ivy first. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Could try physical therapy. Most end up with some type of surgery to get relief. A buddy just had surgery for that very thing. He couldn’t get comfortable and finally gave in to the knife. He’s 77. About 13 years older than I am. I’m probably headed that way someday.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Get an MRI

I went through hell for 5+ years as my POS insurance adjustor, masquerading as a Doctor, put me on pills, PT, more pills, more PT and more misery , refusing to authorize an MRI ,as my pain was due the physical stress of being a contractor

Finally got authorization for an MRI by his partner as he was on vacation

MRI was on Thursday, Broken back in two places, rushed my surgery to be bone the following Friday

Demand an MRI

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steve4102
Get an MRI

I went through hell for 5+ years as my POS insurance adjustor, masquerading as a Doctor, put me on pills, PT, more pills, more PT and more misery , refusing to authorize an MRI ,as my pain was due the physical stress of being a contractor

Finally got authorization for an MRI by his partner as he was on vacation

MRI was on Thursday, Broken back in two places, rushed my surgery to be bone the following Friday

Demand an MRI

Crap! That is scary man!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sit straight up and heat.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you get in poison ivy/oak/sumac, alcohol will fix it if you use it to wash the oil off before it soaks in (that's alcohol on the skin, not on the stomach lining). This won't fix sciatica, though. The alcohol on the stomach lining works better for that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Since I had my spine fused I can't even go to a chiropractor. Luckily my daughter finals is a physical therapist and she has given me exercises and stretches for both sciatica and piris formis pain. Still hurts and sometimes a couple days of prednisone is the only relief.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A steroid injection took care of my sciatic nerve pain, it was so bad that I could barely walk into the clinic. After the injection I got up off the doctor's table and walked out of the office, that was 5+ YEARS pain has never returned.

IC B3

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
A miserable experience with it for bout two years. Tried the cortesone spinal shots for awhile but they only worked for about two and a half months. Got the surgery and I can now walk mostly pain free. Still have some manageable stiff back pain but I'll take it over sciatica.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gunswizard
A steroid injection took care of my sciatic nerve pain, it was so bad that I could barely walk into the clinic. After the injection I got up off the doctor's table and walked out of the office, that was 5+ YEARS pain has never returned.
Sounds like you ate a 2 for $2 beef’ N chedar from Harbee’s

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Been messed up for 5 weeks now and the biggest mistake I made was going to a chiropractor. The guy busted me up so bad I couldn’t even walk for 10 days and I think he screwed up a disc which got me two trips to the hospital. Trip one involved an Asian female Dr. slapping a lidocaine patch on my ass and two Tylenol and two ibuprofen without a happy ending. Round two with a different Dr. he wrote a prescription for prednisone which got me walking a little after five days but couldn’t stay on my feet more than a minute or two. The sciatica is still bothering me but not quite as bad but still not fun and feel for you with the lighting bolts down the leg. Bending over and stretching seems to give me a little relief so you might try it.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I think I've got mine whipped after several years of off and on misery. Weight loss, stretching, exercise and a bed with lumbar support capabilities. You need to figure out ways on your own that will straighten your spine, space out your vertebrae.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Holee molee this pain is real!!

Any tricks out there or will have I have to deplete my Quaalude inventory over this?
As was said, MRI is a must. Ive been through the worst pain in my entire life at the end of last year. They were treating me for a hip injury, due to unbearable pain that was coming from deep in my hip. I lost all feeling from the knee down on my right leg. I spent a month early on, not sleeping more than 2 hours a night. I never missed a day or work but couldnt even sit in a chair. I was taking 10 advils to get to work and home, under the direction of my doc. The pain was something I couldnt even imagine was possible. Im a very happy person and if that was life moving forward, I couldnt see living anymore it was so extreme. That said, they stuck me in PT for 3 months. It did eventually start to help, but when my issue was still bad, they finally ordered 2 mris. One for the hip and one for the back. Ended up having multiple disks bulged and the one that was causing all the issues, was the L5/S1 disc. Completely blown and had my sciatic nerve pinched against a bone. They want to do a fusion surgery, but I have currently declined. Once we figured out what was happening, we were able to start doing exercises that actually targeted the issue. Within a month, my feeling came back and my pain level is down to a 1-2 at worst. All that said, GET AN MRI!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I ruptured a disc on Nov 19, 2022. Was in excruciating pain for three months as the docs made up their minds. Appointment in two weeks, then schedule tests in two weeks, then get the results in two weeks, then an MRI in...you guessed it. Finally got surgery on February 19, 2023. By that time, the sciatic nerve had been pinched for so long it had deteriorated. Doc says if it didn't regain function in a year it probably never would. It's been 13 months now. It hasn't.

Coupled with the fact that I also developed arthritis in both hips, I now walk like Walter Brennan in Rio Bravo and get exhausted doing anything at all. I can feel that nerve down my leg, but it's deadened, just a numb rope. Thankfully, the lightning bolts and the stabbing needles are gone but I get random screaming cramps in my calf and foot. T'ain't fun, McGee.

The only advice I can give you is to never ever go to a chiropractor. Nothing they can do will help, and can cause severe injury. See the best genuine spinal Doc in your area and trust him or her.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They threw heavy doses of steroids at me and that did nothing. Back bends, core strengthening at a slow pace and walking as much as possible helped. Drink tons of water and like I said, walk your ass off, even when the pain is bad. It took me motnhs, but Im in far much better shape than I was and I havent been cut open as of today. Dieting helps too. Stay away from inflammatory foods and drinks as much as possible. If you need to know the specific exercises, I can send pics of the sheets with all the directions from the surgeon and PT

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I suffered from it for years until I found someone who does Muscle Activation Treatment. They literally start from your toes and go to the top of your head, activating pressure points by hand. Resolved after two treatments, though I went for many more. I’ve heard similar success stories from colleagues who used the same practitioner. It’s like chiropractic/massage but it’s not.

Seriously, consider it as a non-surgical option. Look for someone who offers it here:

https://muscleactivation.com/find-a-practitioner/

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
- Lie flat on your back, on the floor, arms above your head.
- Heals 6" apart, toes touching.
- Point your toes down (away). (this will drag your heals back a bit)
- Point your toes up. (this will produce a little slack, and allow the knees to raise a bit)
- Bridge (bow) by driving your heals into the floor, your heals to your shoulders, as the only contact points.
- Hold bridge for a slow Ten-count. (keep your toes together)
- Relax/Rest for a Five-count.
- Repeat Ten times per set.
- Three to Five sets/day, together or dispersed.

GR

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
every morning I would lie flat on my back, and my wife would take my leg, put it on her shoulder and push it toward my head to the point I couldn't go any further.

hurt like heck but it worked for the day - had to do that for about a week, but I had been putting up with it for a week before that.

Last edited by KFWA; 04/01/24.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, beefan, 300_savage, 6 invisible), 1,428 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.