Hop To
Page 62 of 64 1 2 60 61 62 63 64
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The Revered Mister Black, anyone?
The Reverend Jerry D. Black?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Hastings, this is for your regarding some differences between Peter, Paul, and the other Apostles.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/01/24.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
When the Yids had Jesus crucified, they celebrated with psychotic glee

But the Glorious Resurrection of Jesus Christ has had them on a maniacal warpath of destruction and disinformation ever since, they cannot rest if humanity holds Christ & the Holy Cross in reverance, their sanity is frayed to contortions of pure black hatred & demonic rage !

Their sole purpose on Earth is to mock and pervert Christianity until nothing is left

The atheists who aid them are nothing more than brainwashed empty headed vessels ... aka , "useful idiots"

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swamplord

But the Glorious Resurrection of Jesus Christ has had them on a maniacal warpath of destruction and disinformation ever since, they cannot rest if humanity holds Christ & the Holy Cross in reverance, their sanity is frayed to contortions of pure black hatred & demonic rage !

Their sole purpose on Earth is to mock and pervert Christianity until nothing is left

The atheists who aid them are nothing more than brainwashed empty headed vessels ... aka , "useful idiots"

Thought that was the Democrats not the "Yids"

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by Swamplord

Thought that was the Democrats not the "Yids"

Who controls them is the real question .... Plus, look at the last names of key Democrats

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Get an older bible and read it (not a modern opinionated one). If you follow God's laws and behave accordingly your life will change. Everyone is free to make their own choices. It's never too late to be awakened.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
AS and others......

OK, my responses will be in three maybe four parts.

Part One:

Jesus is the law giver and the judge, not me. I, as a mortal and sin affected man cannot be all knowing about the salvation of someone else. There are “carnal” Christians, those whose life styles are virtually in distinguishable from those that are not saved. And there are those that have the appearance of “Christian behavior” but are sadly not saved. Not known by Jesus and not in the Body of Christ.

For example: Jesus speaking about judgment

Matthew 7:21 -23………21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.

This passage speaks of those who are “play acting” or have adopted a self serving Christian “lifestyle” but who are not actually saved. (See Paul's letter - Corinthians)

They have lived a life of rebellion to Christ and are judged accordingly.

We do not know their hearts, we can only observe behaviors. Behaviors may or may not give us a clue.

So, consider the “carnal” Christian and the “play acting Christian.” I am not able to correctly discern the difference with any sort of certainty………. but God can and does.

Bart Ehrman? I do not know his salvation status …now or in the future. He could be lost now and saved tomorrow. Was he saved at a young age and then recanted? I don’t know and neither does anyone else. He is not the main point anyhow.

Part Two when I get it finished……

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
A true christian is one who is a servant of God and follows his laws. It's all there but you have to actually read it and follow it.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Is the first and the last.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Why is there good and evil? Because everyone has free choice in life! How do you know the difference between the two choices. I leave that to ponder.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Part Two: What is a “True Christian?”

Given the Part One distinction, there are indeed True Christians and False Christians.

There were two thieves on crosses there with Jesus. See Luke 23:33-43 … Both thieves started out mocking Jesus and blaspheming Him. One “saw the light” and the other apparently did not.

One thief, the “penitent” thief said: “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

Jesus responded: “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

IMPORTANT POINT: See that Jesus KNOWS the first thief. Jesus speaks directly to the man. There is no record of Jesus speaking to or "knowing" the thief in rebellion.

So, one thief asked for and received salvation….. a true born again, forgiven Christian.

The second thief apparently continued in his mocking and rebellion toward Jesus. We don’t the complete story regarding the end of the second thief but …..

The point of this is that one thief sought Jesus and requested to be with Jesus in His kingdom. The second thief apparently stayed in his rebellion.

Both men were guilty of significant crimes. The penitent thief made comments about he and the other thief were guilty and deserved their punishment.

Both men were guilty and deserved to die…. One sought and received forgiveness and the other presumably died in a state of rebellion.

One thief spends eternity with Jesus in “Paradise” and the other thief, who died in rebellion, spends his eternity alone in the "outer darkness."

“True Christians,” whether they lived a life like the first thief or like one to the apostles, spend eternity in fellowship with God.

Those that die in rebellion toward God spend eternity separated from God.

Seek God, Find God….. Don’t seek God, Don’t Find God

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Part Three: The Crucial Characteristic of the True Christian

Further to idea that one can know the truth about one’s salvation and know that God is who HE says he is and will do what He says He will do is seen in the Book of John.

Consider the “Christian” in light of this:

Jesus in prayer for His followers…. John 17:20-23

“I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.” .........“The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they maybe perfected in unity……”

Why is this so important? The Christian HAS Jesus ….. within. The Christian HAS the inner witness of the Holy Spirit. A good verse to start with understanding the inner work of the Holy Spirit is Acts 1:8…Jesus speaking: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Simply put, God is within the Christian and is a constant companion. Non-Christians do not understand and have not experienced this. They “don’t know what they don’t know.”

The Christian knows God and more importantly, God knows that individual. The Christian will never hear those awful dreaded words...."...Depart from Me, I never knew you..."

The one in rebellion does not know and this is foolishness to him. He cannot know and will not know until his “seeking” moves to “finding.”

Note that the one who lives in a state of rebellion toward God can indeed chose to stay there and ultimately die in rebellion.

Part Four…. “More about Rebellion” ….. will be coming late tomorrow…..

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Mossie
Why is there good and evil? Because everyone has free choice in life! How do you know the difference between the two choices. I leave that to ponder.

Knowing the difference between good and evil is very simple. At the age of accountability in one’s life, you’ll know the difference. Choose wrong and you’ll pay the price immediately or down the line. Sometimes the choices could well be between the lesser of two evils. That happens.

A cow produces 2 liquids. One is nourishing the other is waste. Exercising your free will, Which would you choose to consume? One would know which at early age.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
I know what I think of Bart Ehrman, but it seems to be he is both angry with God and confused.

Why would YOU think that he ever was a “Christian?”

Why would YOU accept that he was a Christian that renounced his belief in Jesus?

Are you suggesting that there are no examples of Christians who have lost their faith?

Or perhaps you think they were never "True Christians tm" in the first place?

You’re talking to yourself again, trying to get ahead of the game.

I am referring to Bart Ehrman.

But, since you asked…. What makes someone a “True Christian?”

Do you have any idea?

You have referred to the term, but I suspect you have only the tiniest bit of knowledge of Christian doctrine.

So….should you choose, you can respond in a number of ways.

1.- Some empty headed smart remark, that shows you can’t keep up in the discussion.

2. - You can do an internet search and do some sort of cut and paste, that shows you are incapable of keeping up with the discussion.

3.- Contribute some sort of your own thought or conjecture on the subject what makes a “True Christian.”

So, DBT…. Have at it.

Stop whining and just answer the questions

As it happens that you said;

TF49
I know what I think of Bart Ehrman, but it seems to be he is both angry with God and confused.

Why would YOU think that he ever was a “Christian?”

Why would YOU accept that he was a Christian that renounced his belief in Jesus?

Again, are you suggesting that there are no examples of Christians who have lost their faith?

Or perhaps you think they were never "True Christians tm" in the first place?

Now, are you able to address the questions or are you going to keep deflecting in order to give the impression of having something to say?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God gives us freedom to choose, and then honors our choices. If one chooses to spend eternity in God’s presence, then that person can. Period. If one chooses to not spend eternity in God’s presence, then God will honor that persons choice as well.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
God gives us freedom to choose, and then honors our choices. If one chooses to spend eternity in God’s presence, then that person can. Period. If one chooses to not spend eternity in God’s presence, then God will honor that persons choice as well.

Not according to those who believe in The Elect. God chooses for you.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Part Three: The Crucial Characteristic of the True Christian

Further to idea that one can know the truth about one’s salvation and know that God is who HE says he is and will do what He says He will do is seen in the Book of John.

Consider the “Christian” in light of this:

Jesus in prayer for His followers…. John 17:20-23

“I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.” .........“The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they maybe perfected in unity……”

Why is this so important? The Christian HAS Jesus ….. within. The Christian HAS the inner witness of the Holy Spirit. A good verse to start with understanding the inner work of the Holy Spirit is Acts 1:8…Jesus speaking: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Simply put, God is within the Christian and is a constant companion. Non-Christians do not understand and have not experienced this. They “don’t know what they don’t know.”

The Christian knows God and more importantly, God knows that individual. The Christian will never hear those awful dreaded words...."...Depart from Me, I never knew you..."

The one in rebellion does not know and this is foolishness to him. He cannot know and will not know until his “seeking” moves to “finding.”

Note that the one who lives in a state of rebellion toward God can indeed chose to stay there and ultimately die in rebellion.

Part Four…. “More about Rebellion” ….. will be coming late tomorrow…..

That's your view.

And there's thousands of Christian denominations, all with their own views of what makes a "True Christian".

So which denominations are right, and which ones are wrong?

Let me know when you all agree. Until then, your alleged god appears very weak, or non-existant:

[Linked Image from i.etsystatic.com]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antlers

Not according to those who believe in The Elect. God chooses for you.

Which is a bit of a problem, when you consider Paul's statement...

...GOD, who desires all men to be saved...

But then picks and cooses!??!?!?

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Let me know when you all agree. Until then, your alleged god appears very weak, or non-existent.
As long as they agree that Jesus died for their sins and rose from the dead, and they accept God’s gift of salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus alone, then they’re good to go. Period.

It is your argument that is weak.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 62 of 64 1 2 60 61 62 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 45 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,238
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.