-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have you ever met someone who seemed ok, until you found out they owned a pitbull?

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by brinky72
The first and most lasting thing I learned as a USAF SP MWD handler was “[bleep] rolls down leash. It ain’t necessarily the dog and more likely the owner. And, after working 25 years as a LEO I have yet to be bite by a pit bull. Am I careful around them? Yes. I’m also careful around other large breeds such as German Shepherds, Mastiffs etc. The only dogs I’ve been bitten by on duty have been border collies because their owners don’t have enough sense to stay on the same side of me as the dog is and the dog nips me in the thigh every time trying to move me like cattle. Again, the dumb owner not the dog.

fascinating. lol. appears you learned nothing or are a pathetic attempt at trolling

I’ll make it simpler for you. Majority of dog owners are idiots and anyone that has a dog that doesn’t behave is an idiot for not taking the time to have a well behaved dog. Don’t blame the dog blame the owner. And don’t go up to a dog that isn’t yours and think it’s going to be friendly. People are the idiots in the equation. Too many people have dogs that are lawn ornaments and do exactly zero for the animal. Almost every time I see a problem dog it’s running loose and its owner is nowhere to be found. Not a good sign to start. Even the best dog can bite if it’s loose, away from its owner and stressed or frightened. Leave it alone unless you know what you’re doing and have the proper means. Are there instances of dogs running around chasing people. Of course and they should be destroyed. Does it mean that the entire breed does that? No. The animal is clearly a result of its environment and lack of care. All dog breeds are capable of being mean if there neglected. I’ve seen more people bitten by Chihuahuas than by Rottweilers.

Last edited by brinky72; 04/02/24.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ribka
The first and most lasting thing I learned as a USAF SP MWD handler was “[bleep] rolls down leash. It ain’t necessarily the dog and more likely the owner. And, after working 25 years as a LEO I have yet to be bite by a pit bull. Am I careful around them? Yes. I’m also careful around other large breeds such as German Shepherds, Mastiffs etc. The only dogs I’ve been bitten by on duty have been border collies because their owners don’t have enough sense to stay on the same side of me as the dog is and the dog nips me in the thigh every time trying to move me like cattle. Again, the dumb owner not the dog.

fascinating. lol. appears you learned nothing or are a pathetic attempt at trolling

I’ll make it simpler for you. Majority of dog owners are idiots and anyone that has a dog that doesn’t behave is an idiot for not taking the time to have a well behaved dog. Don’t blame the dog blame the owner. And don’t go up to a dog that isn’t yours and think it’s going to be friendly. People are the idiots in the equation. Too many people have dogs that are lawn ornaments and do exactly zero for the animal. Almost every time I see a problem dog it’s running loose and its owner is nowhere to be found. Not a good sign to start. Even the best dog can bite if it’s loose, away from its owner and stressed or frightened. Leave it alone unless you know what you’re doing and have the proper means. Are there instances of dogs running around chasing people. Of course and they should be destroyed. Does it mean that the entire breed does that? No. The animal is clearly a result of its environment and lack of care. All dog breeds are capable of being mean if there neglected. I’ve seen more people bitten by Chihuahuas than by Rottweilers.

I agree that there are plenty of dog owners out there that should not own a dog of any breed. And I also agree with this statement ("Even the best dog can bite if it’s loose, away from its owner and stressed or frightened")

I worked as a Firefighter/Paramedic for 25 years. I have seen and treated my share of dog bites.
The fact is there is a BIG difference between a dog bite and a pitbull attack.

Pitbulls are killers, they are relentless. They do not just bite then move along. I have seen two pitbulls rip a dog in half one pulling from the head one pulling from the hind quarters shaking violently with tremendous strength. They do not stop the attack until they are stopped or there prey goes limp or is dead. And even then sometimes they do not stop or let go. They have incredible power in there jaws. They are the Great White Shark of dog breeds.

I do not trust any of them even if they are on a leash. There have been many incidents where a Pittbull owner was walking there dog and the Pittbull has ripped the leash from the owners hand to attack another dog or person.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yes and there are people that handle them and people that can’t and there are places for them and places they shouldn’t be. There are breeds of mastiffs that would make a Pitbull look like a puss. Pit bulls do not belong at dog shows and in the hands of the average person living in urban America. Unfortunately the worst of society has taken a shine to the breed and has bred it into a monster. Let’s not forget that back in the day it was the dog on the little rascals TV show. The breed doesn’t need to be exterminated and anyone making that kind of statement is a moron. What the breed needs is responsible owners and breeders who will breed them for positive characteristics and not the bad characteristics. The first step in the process would be holding the owners accountable for violent animals and making it count. There is very few out of control animals that have stand up, good people for owners. Behind every POS dog is a scumbag owner. Perhaps in a perfect world we could cull both the dog and the owner.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

164 members (450yukon, 375sunrise, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 22 invisible), 1,803 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,510
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.