Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Hey, were hiring , please come show us the proper way to be the police?

Why do police need to be exempted from and/or violate laws to be able to be police?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Who else can they get to work long hours, low pay & jeopardize their lives?
Construction, farming, ranching, just to name a few.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Strop10

Why do police need to be exempted from and/or violate laws to be able to be police?
So they can get home safe every night,

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
So you approve taxpayer dollars being spent to train cops to violate the Constitution?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/02/24.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

Care to name an agency posting low pay rates so we can compare it to the average per capita income in the area?

Long hours.

Gov. Bevin's criticism of OT spending 'sad' attack on cops, mayor says
https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...le-policing-problem-gov-bevin/972833001/

""When the city sets aside one and a half million dollars for extra crime fighting and half of it's gone in the first six weeks of the year, and it goes to a handful of people who are working full time plus 120 hours of overtime, some of them with extra jobs, don't tell me the system's not broken," Bevin said. "It's a joke.""

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/convi...dbada68-42d0-11ea-918b-6b81c415bd87.html

"Convicted LMPD officers say stealing overtime was part of department's 'culture'"

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prior training was in the army, now it's "Kandahar!!" all over again:

https://www.kxii.com/2024/03/28/love-countty-sheriffs-office-gets-armored-vehicle/

LOVE COUNTY, Okla. (KXII) - The Love County Sheriff’s Office added a more than 50,000 pound armored military vehicle to its crime fighting arsenal.

Sheriff Andy Cumberledge said it will be used when serving high risk warrants or in any situation where deputies could be shot.

Cumberledge said the vehicle normally runs upwards of $700,000, but his office only paid $2,500 plus $6,000 for transportation costs.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Oh, and cut the Long Hours Bullschit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like they are receiving quite a bit and it shows.

[video:yahoo]
[/video]

https://data.nj.gov/stories/s/NJ-Comptroller-Police-Training-Report/qr2h-vn6y/

There's not a bigger crybaby on this forum than you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's not training, but more a case of expensive entertainment for attendants and a money making scheme for those on the stage. The fact that it's a private deal as opposed to an event sponsored by sanctioned public funding is a strong give away.

Over my several years, I've seen some poor examples exhibited by badge happy local yokels (i.e County sheriffs and small-town police). Most have to move on in short order.

Our Oregon State Police, however, appear to be a well vetted, knowledgeable, and professional group.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/02/24.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
and yet, more and more, there seems to be a need for some agency or organization to counteract the tsunami of crime in America. Other than just declaring open season on criminals and bringing back vigilante justice, what alternative to cops would suit y'all?
We wouldn't need so many cops if the States and the Federal Government did their jobs. That means long periods of incarceration and more over sight by the courts of folks who have been FAIRLY convicted of crimes.

There is too much reliance on the cops while the politicians are NOT doing their jobs. I do think that because of some of the stress and dealing with $hithead people day after day the cops forget who they are working for and who they are trying to serve. It's NOT just a cop issue. It's a leftist government issue not doing their job and then blaming the cops. We can start by not electing democRATs then we can move on to wishy washy republicans.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Seems like they are receiving quite a bit and it shows.

[video:yahoo]
[/video]

There's not a bigger crybaby on this forum than you.

Don't sell yourself short.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
After watching the first 5 minutes all I saw was 5 second sound bites with no context and a civil rights lawyer giving voice over narration.

MAGA
S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 1minute
That's not training, but more a case of expensive entertainment for attendants and a money making scheme for those on the stage. The fact that it's a private deal as opposed to an event sponsored by sanctioned public funding is a strong give away.

Over my several years, I've seen some poor examples exhibited by badge happy local yokels (i.e County sheriffs and small-town police). Most have to move on in short order.

Our Oregon State Police, however, appear to be a well vetted, knowledgeable, and professional group.

The events are paid for by tax dollars so that means the agencies sending employees there approve of the instruction.

Oregon is on the list of where they have had their classes.

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
After watching the first 5 minutes all I saw was 5 second sound bites with no context and a civil rights lawyer giving voice over narration.

Then review the NJ comptroller report page(which is what John Bryan reviews) that I also included.

With that being pointed out, under what context would you support US le violating rights held by people?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Company is now bankrupt.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kwg020
and yet, more and more, there seems to be a need for some agency or organization to counteract the tsunami of crime in America. Other than just declaring open season on criminals and bringing back vigilante justice, what alternative to cops would suit y'all?
We wouldn't need so many cops if the States and the Federal Government did their jobs. That means long periods of incarceration and more over sight by the courts of folks who have been FAIRLY convicted of crimes.

There is too much reliance on the cops while the politicians are NOT doing their jobs. I do think that because of some of the stress and dealing with $hithead people day after day the cops forget who they are working for and who they are trying to serve. It's NOT just a cop issue. It's a leftist government issue not doing their job and then blaming the cops. We can start by not electing democRATs then we can move on to wishy washy republicans.

kwg

Making something a crime where there is no victim is a great source of power and money for numerous occupational groups.

FDNY firefighter pleads to watered-down weapons charges
https://nypost.com/2023/01/14/fdny-firefighter-pleads-to-watered-down-weapons-charges/

"Martin, 48, was busted last February after investigators tailed him to the “Oaks Extravaganza” gun show in Philadelphia, where they watched him buy assault weapons, ammunition and “ghost gun” parts and bring them into New York.

Days later, six assault weapons, multiple gun parts and more ammo turned up when Nassau County investigators executed a search warrant at Martin’s home in Baldwin, Long Island, records show."

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Company is now bankrupt.

The thousands of cops they trained(or were preaching to the choir depending on viewpoint) are still out running around.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Then review the NJ comptroller report page(which is what John Bryan reviews) that I also included.

With that being pointed out, under what context would you support US le violating US rights?

I don’t.

But based the your comments and quick perusal of the material you posted, you’d prefer woke, pussies in LE who wouldn’t dream of making fun of you for driving a Prius in a dress and ball gag after the fact.

MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Second step first: End qualified immunity. Make it clear to them that they will end up in jail if they break the constitution and it's given rights, and will pay out of pocket.

First step: Get rid of the commercialized 'schools' that train like the one above. Employ and empower nationally certified schools that must be looked at and condoned (approved)by the individual states. Insure that the curriculum (at the least) include a minimum of 4 months worth of constitutional training. One year minimum on all combined training. Make the prospective officer pay for his or her own training, just as all of us who went to college did.

Third step: Disband Iinternal Affairs from being only in-house groups to include an equal numbers of the public to maintain a First Amendment right of "oversight" to insure things getting "swept under the rug" currently, no longer do.

Last thing: Police employees found guilty of crimes and then getting off the hook for them (at tax payer expense) should be automatically expelled for being employed as an officer for ever. (see second step first above.)

People that are scared of not having the current system in place either do not know what their unalienable rights are, or are willing to give them up to the "other military complex," the one that is responsible for extortion of money (with jail time) for victimless crimes, ending in financial ruin of their innocent victims, and thus filling the coffers of their city, county, or state. They are all too willing to do this because their incentive of pay raises and extra stipends through awards given, and having QI, keeps feeding their MO. The sad part is that these officers trained by outfits like the one posted, will not go away anytime soon, as long as "free men" do nothing to recognize the problem exists, and then to help to fix that problem. Few of the politicians in power at any level, be it city, county, state, or national, give a rip for fixing this problem. Rather, many are very willing to maintain their power over the people, at the expense of those of us who pay their salaries, allowing them to reap the benefits dear to their hearts... power and money. In that order.

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

With that being pointed out, under what context would you support US le violating US rights?

I don’t.

But based the your comments and quick perusal of the material you posted, you’d prefer woke, pussies in LE who wouldn’t dream of making fun of you for driving a Prius in a dress and ball gag after the fact.

I don't drive a Prius, own a dress, or own a ball gag.

I do notice le agencies and individual officers opposing elimination of Anti 2A laws while calling for more which I view as violating rights, but you dont.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (BigDave39355, Bluethunder8, BALLISTIK, Akhutr, 13 invisible), 1,244 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,148
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.