Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I will be there as a tourist. I'll look for other fire members. Be there Sat. And Sunday.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by travis301
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by 160user
I’ll be at table S28 up top. It’s on the south side of the main south aisle. West of main public entrance, there are bathrooms and food court right behind us. Buddy will be bringing 10-12 guns, mainly 700’s. Stop in and say hey. I’ll will be there Friday and half day Saturday as I have to be back home Saturday night.
Thanks Travis

I don't remember our "shared" table numbers but we are right next to the bathrooms and food court. It sounds like we could be neighbors. smile

Look us up. Guy to the right of us always had a couple tables of knives and watches

If you just offered me a free beer, count me in! smile

No alcohol “sold” inside that I’m aware of during show? But sometimes people have been known to bring a nip of whiskey with them 🤔

Well, it's a good thing I have my little nippy flask packed then!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I called the office a week ago. Lady said to show up at 9 am or later and the line to buy tickets will be shorter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is probably good advice. I know last year they were lined up outside way before the opening.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
It’s too bad that there isn’t online ticket sales in advance. That would make life easier for a whole lot of people

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You can buy "ghost" tables and get a dealer badge or if you are smart, a table so you have a place to go sit in your chair. Friday is the real trade day, if you like to dicker or trade or just a buyer. Setup starts at 1:00 pr 2:00 and do not count on a limper tag, folks camp in the handicapped slots with tags days before.
If new or you left before noon on Sunday, you get second floor West end, most old timers come there for the easy pickings on newbies, first. We always left early on purpose. But we are 18+ hours out by vehicle.
My Suburbans and Yukon XLs made a few trips from FL to Tulsa and back, many good memories traveling with five collectors, together, odd part was by the time we got back home we usually had traded between us more than at the show and had cooked up some pretty convoluted trades.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TwoTall
OSU Sig I have a feeling you aren't telling me everything you know.
A wise one, you are...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by martentrapper
I will be there. Would be interested in meeting up with other fire members.
Originally Posted by TwoTall
Marten trapper, I will definitely reach out if I get to go. I agree it would be good to meet up with other fire members. In a place like the Wanenmacher I suspect it is sometimes not what you know but who you know.
If I go back a second time I will look into getting a table.
I'll be at 26C. Upper level toward the west end. Come by and say howdy. Look for the guy with left handed rifles.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I’m left handed. Be looking for you Sunday.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Well I had a good time on Saturday. My brother and I were there from about 9 til 4:30. Picked up a couple of nicely stacked Weatherby Mark XXIIs from an Arkansas dealer that were consigned. Not a great deal, but a price fair for both of us. He could not deliver since he was out of state, which was new to me given that it was a long gun. Bought a really nice DU Beretta 3901. I thought I got that at a great price. Also a Kabar stacked leather fixed blade, a pair of Colt 1911 grips, and two shell plates for my Dillon. No takers on my Kreighoff. Lots of blued steel and walnut. Lots of lever actions. Lots of Colt Snakes, both old and new. Saw some pretty stuff. Something for everyone.

Regards,

Kris

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just got home about midnight last night and I had a BLAST. I sure didn't sit or stand much. I managed to drag some rifles home as well as a half a truckload of new Marlin lever wood.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I was hunting S&W K38s and a Colt Officers Model Match or Target. Didn’t find any even in shooter shape worth the money.

Had a handful of guns out on the table, sold one shotgun and had a few lowball offers on the rest.

Overall I had a great time and got to catch up with old friends and look at some cool stuff. But it didn’t seem like the money was changing hands like it had in past years, in either direction.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,061
Posts18,482,397
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.