Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Just last month-- private independent optometrist office:

Eye exam = $135, Frames $70, lined bifocals w/scratch resistant lenses = $100. Total = $305

HUGH markup on frames and special 'hi-tech' lens coatings at most private optometrist as well as the big chain stores .

They'll usually try to up-sell customers everything they can get away with, too, if you let them.

GB4

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
more than velcro tennis shoes

phug jo bidumb inflation

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Isn’t gophergunner in the eyeglass biz?
LOL
Yes

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Jag should give you a free exam and demo pricing on frames.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Thanks all.

no prob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yepp...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Costco. They'll do the exam and make the glasses for a LOT less than what some are paying. At least the Costco here will. Last time I got some, they said buy the 1st pair and a 2d pair is $50, even for prescription sunglasses.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Check out zenni.com for cheap frames and lenses. I've had good luck with them. I bought top of the line Hoya lenses and ti frames and after insurance it was around 350. The Hoyas are noticeably better, but the zenni's are plenty fine for 60 bux.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
^^^ Yep, Costco is where we go also. Consumer Reports did a review of eyeglass suppliers several years back and Costco got the highest scores for satisfaction and accuracy of the lenses matching the prescription.
We’v always been very pleased with their service.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Whatever you do, go to a competent optometrist, not one like America's Best or Stanton Optical.

I bought some glasses from America's Best and had to take them back 4 times before they got them right. They are only a couple of miles away, but kept telling me that my vision was better, crisper, than I thought and I was either confused and just wrong.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Get em free from the Optimists boxes I see on the sidewalk on my way to the burger line.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife got a new set ordered today from Costco. Progressive lenses and transitions $260

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use Zenni Optical online. Have multiple pairs and sunglasses too. $90 for this last pair but half that was upgraded coatings and such. Titanium bendy flexible frames.

First pair I bought were just to have backup to my $300 eye doctor glasses. I liked the cheaper online ones better, could see better with them. Have to upload a prescription under a year old.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Amazon:

3 pack, anti computer glare reading glasses

$19.99

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$50 copay for eye doc.

$300 budget, for safety glasses, from work.

I can get a couple pair, normal looking frames, bifocals,
Under budget.

Haven’t had personal glasses in decades.
Those are the glasses I wear, if I buy personal ones they look the same.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just had an eye exam and got a year supply of contacts for $180

Haven't priced glasses in years. Got a pair somewhere I think

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by high_country_
Check out zenni.com for cheap frames and lenses. I've had good luck with them. I bought top of the line Hoya lenses and ti frames and after insurance it was around 350. The Hoyas are noticeably better, but the zenni's are plenty fine for 60 bux.

The Hoya lenses have AR coatings that are harder to scratch than glass. They’ll last you way more than 5x longer than the Zenni’s and be cheaper in the long run.

I still for the life of me can’t figure out how in the hell so many folks allow for someone to make them a set of Polycarbonate lenses. Poly is the “least clear” lens-making material on the planet. Trivex is every bit as impact resistant as Poly, but, it’s almost as good as the human eye can’t detect for clarity.

Last edited by horse1; 04/02/24.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Those are Birth Control glasses. Ain't NOBODY going to get their bean snapped wearing those things!

If you want the good looking Walmart Glasses, they'll cost you a whole $9.00

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If you have 10% or more VA disability they are free from the VA, so is the exam.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by horse1

The Hoya lenses have AR coatings that are harder to scratch than glass. They’ll last you way more than 5x longer than the Zenni’s and be cheaper in the long run.

I still for the life of me can’t figure out how in the hell so many folks allow for someone to make them a set of Polycarbonate lenses. Poly is the “least clear” lens-making material on the planet. Trivex is every bit as impact resistant as Poly, but, it’s almost as good as the human eye can’t detect for clarity.

I don’t have Bose speakers either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by horse1

I don’t have Bose speakers either.

😁😁😁😁😁👍👍👍

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,651 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,334
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.