Campfire Outfitter
E
Yes

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. It happened.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Grimm brothers also wrote a big book of morality tales. But they didn't give god a byline.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
It's true. Firstly because the word of God says so, and secondly because evidence of it abounds.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Count me among the believers.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Noah’s Ark has always fascinated me. I’ve read conflicting stories on the subject. Would like to hear folks opinions and support that comes from the Bible . Let’s discuss this while being respectful to one another please!

Both the Med and the Black Sea show signs that they were dry at one point. The Med dried out into a salt basin. The Black Sea became a fertile plain. When the breach at Gibraltar finally came, it filled the Med basin in a couple of months. When the breach happened at the Bosphorus, it was considerably gentler, and the inhabitants could have outpaced the rising water by walking.

Both events were well back in time, certainly before recorded history. However, these tales could have survived through oral tradition.

The American Indians also have similar tales, and there are records of some catastrophic floods in America. Most important was the one that washed down through the Mississippi basin and created The Badlands.

Did Noah's Ark happen just the way it is told in the Bible? I'd invite y'all to go visit Ark Encounter just over a couple ridges from me. They've built an ark and will show you just how it was done.

https://arkencounter.com/about/

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe the Bible to be accurate truth.
The absolute Word Of God.
My existence depends on it! 😀
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Believer here and to others that are like minded this replica in Kentucky is well worth the visit. Three levels and outfitted like it would have been.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Dons99; 04/03/24.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I sure some farmer (name of Noah) did, once upon a time, build a big boat and put all of his animals on it during a flood. He may have later exaggerated the experience. They probably just floated around the pasture for a bit. This is just good storytelling; practiced by presidential candidates all the time. GD

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kenjs1
In short, yes.
Jim1611- there is a recent documentary I just watched explaining a theory that relates to what you say. Researchers explore the notion that what was thought to have taken hundreds of centuries to form makes more sense when viewed as sudden massive earth upheaval event. The deposition of fossils being one of them. They show what they claim as similar evidence around the globe. I enjoyed it and it certainly seemed worth thinking about while they discussed it. Others of course are likely quick to debunk it.

First, others aren't "quick" to debunk it, the fossil record has been documented over centuries.

Second, those weren't "researchers." They were men who started out with a preconceived notion and set out to find "evidence" to prove it, ignoring all the evidence that disproves it.

Believe Noah's Ark, or don't believe it but don't try to use junk science to "prove" it. It doesn't work.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
In my mind, it doesn't seem plausible, but neither does a lot of things in the Bible. I do believe it happened, although I don't have the brain horsepower to explain it.

I surely wish he'd forgotten the yellow jackets.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I believe that it was written about thousands of years ago in the Bible. Since then, there has been unbelievers that started writing to try to disprove it but haven't had much success.

Last edited by Lucas1; 04/03/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Still a tough pill to swallow that Emus were gathered from Australia, Polar bears from the arctic, Jaguars from South America, Hyenas from Africa, elephants from India etc. All brought back alive to one boat in the Middle East, provisioned for the long boat ride and then released back into the wild and repopulated the earth from the most constricted genetic bottleneck possible.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Noah’s Ark has always fascinated me. I’ve read conflicting stories on the subject. Would like to hear folks opinions and support that comes from the Bible . Let’s discuss this while being respectful to one another please!

Yes I believe the biblical account of it. There are aquatic fossils found in the desert and at high elevations. I always have thought those came about from the flood at Noah's time.
Ever heard of tectonic plates and continental drift?. Surely you don't believe the ocean was 8000 feet or more higher than it is now. Think about what an average annual 1/4 inch rise in elevation could do in 1 million years.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
No.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Still a tough pill to swallow that Emus were gathered from Australia, Polar bears from the arctic, Jaguars from South America, Hyenas from Africa, elephants from India etc. All brought back alive to one boat in the Middle East, provisioned for the long boat ride and then released back into the wild and repopulated the earth from the most constricted genetic bottleneck possible.

Those animals could have possibly existed elsewhere 'pre-flood'?

If one believes in the miracle of Easter wouldn't that make what God & Noah accomplished also be feasible?

Just food for thought.

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, I believe. I also believe that there are many things, in the Bible as well as things in general, that are beyond our level of understanding. We are at once too quick to dismiss some things out of hand and too quick to accept "scientific" explanations for others.

As to the Ark, I grow very frustrated with those who endlessly repeat the "TWO of each species" when the Bible clearly states otherwise.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Believe it existed, bet there were other arks flooding the flood waters at that time also, probably fleets of arks. Don't buy into a theory that Noah,his family and the animals he had along were the sole survivors. The Bible is a very condensed version about the story of humanity. Simple logic.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Check out the Lake Missoula flood when a 3000 square mile lake broke loose from its ice dam and came roaring across Idaho and what is now the Scab Lands In Washington state. I bet those survivors had a worldwide flood story.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,465
Posts18,489,854
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.