Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Noah’s Ark has always fascinated me. I’ve read conflicting stories on the subject. Would like to hear folks opinions and support that comes from the Bible . Let’s discuss this while being respectful to one another please!
Could use an Ark about now. We had almost 7" of rain in the past day and a half

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Yes, I believe. I also believe that there are many things, in the Bible as well as things in general, that are beyond our level of understanding. We are at once too quick to dismiss some things out of hand and too quick to accept "scientific" explanations for others.

As to the Ark, I grow very frustrated with those who endlessly repeat the "TWO of each species" when the Bible clearly states otherwise.
My brother's best friend growing up was a Jewish fellow. After high school, he entered training to become a rabbi, and was quite boastful with my brother about the depth of knowledge he had of the scriptures. My brother decided to play a trick on him and said, "Well, if you know so much about scripture, how many of each clean animal did Moses bring onto the ark." Boastfully, his friend proclaimed, "Three." My brother then told him that his knowledge of scripture was highly defective, as Moses didn't bring any animals onto the ark.

Lol.

You really hate Jews.

Why?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Still a tough pill to swallow that Emus were gathered from Australia, Polar bears from the arctic, Jaguars from South America, Hyenas from Africa, elephants from India etc. All brought back alive to one boat in the Middle East, provisioned for the long boat ride and then released back into the wild and repopulated the earth from the most constricted genetic bottleneck possible.

Agree. Hence, my logistics comment. Doesn't seem possible.

If we are not supposed to take it that literally, what is the explanation?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jcubed
You really hate Jews.

Why?
First of all, how does that story mean anyone hates Jews?

Secondly, rather than hating Jews, I hate what a powerful movement is doing to Western Civilization in a multiplicity of ways, and I observe that this movement is Jewish. Taking note of this is deemed hatred of Jews by some, but I don't view it that way at all. I deem it merely noticing.

If I hated Jews, I would hate everyone who was Jewish, but there are many who are Jewish who I not only do not hate, but rather like. Acknowledging and strongly opposing a movement that has a clear Jewish character isn't the same as hating Jews.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You really hate Jews.

Why?

Secondly, rather than hating Jews, I hate what a powerful movement is doing to Western Civilization in a multiplicity of ways, and I observe that this movement is Jewish. Taking note of this is deemed hatred of Jews by some, but I don't view it that way at all. I deem it merely noticing.

If I hated Jews, I would hate everyone who was Jewish, but there are many who are Jewish who I not only do not hate, but rather like. Acknowledging and strongly opposing a movement that has a clear Jewish character isn't the same as hating Jews.

Define Jewish. In your eyes.

Cause the holocaust never happened.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You really hate Jews.

Why?

Define Jewish. In your eyes.

Cause the holocaust never happened.

Actually, let me ask this.

Do you, TRH, think the state of Israel should have never been established?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I've been very clear on these questions over many years. No need to rehash them here.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
My first year of a Christian college I took a history class that laid out this story. I can't remember all the details anymore but it was very compelling. Count me in as a believer.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've been very clear on these questions over many years. No need to rehash them here.

Please answer.

You claim it is the truth.

Truth should never be silenced.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
It's just a fictional tale, invented by stone age know-nothings who had no other way of explaining things.

Those who claim they are "obeying the word of God" are actually obeying what some uneducated medieval Catholic monks, three hundred years after Jesus, decided was the "word" of
God. For instance, there are actually 11 (or so) gospels. They picked four.

I believe that more people would become Christians if some Christians would not insist that we believe in outrageous myths. Throw out most of Genesis and all of Revelation. A beast with ten heads and seven horns? Bah.

As an aside, there is no such thing as "settled science."

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Absolutely impossible. 1000's of species of mammals on the earth during this time period. Including all the ones on Africa and the north like grizzly, polar bears, etc. How could they even visit all the continents to capture all the animals?
The sheer amount of animals, and capturing them, and storing the food, feeding them, building the cages, the ark, etc. The ark would of had to been at least the size of an air craft carrier.
Complete and total fairy tale.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
" ... So God said to Noah, “I have decided to destroy all living creatures, for they have filled the earth with violence. Yes, I will wipe them all out along with the earth! ..."

I wonder how many millions of innocent men, women, and children, God killed???? On the boat, old Noah and his boys and girls would have been able to see thousands and thousands of bloated, decaying, rotten bodies floating all around the Ark. The smell must have been suffocating!! whistle

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
A
Alan_C Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Was just thinking, were all the marine life sparred ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It can be quite interesting to witness the varieties of responses/beliefs/contentions in a topic such as this, to the point where individual expressions of belief or non-belief form some sort of a backwash against which the reality and absoluteness of the individual relationship with God comes into focus. For some, the involved Covenant is the essence of the matter.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Matthew 19:26

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Was just thinking, were all the marine life sparred ?

the ones that died were '...animals that crawled or crept on the ground AND had the breath of life in it's nostrils...'

Marine life and plants were spared...

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The reason Noah did not swat those two flies .he obeyed God.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Science always has the answers. Science always believe their answer explains everything. Science says everyone must believe what they say is true.

Then, science makes a new discovery. Science re-writes what they say is truth, and they insist you must now believe this new science. And so on.

That's not really much of a belief system if it's constantly changing. I'll stick with the one that proves itself right over and over again, yet has never changed.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Science always has the answers. Science always believe their answer explains everything. Science says everyone must believe what they say is true.

No it doesn't. It says "here's what we believe today and if you have a better theory let's hear it."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The story of Noah's ark isn't for proving it existed, it is about a man that paid attention to what God told him and how he went about accompilshing that. To prove it is so, defies the meaning of the story and the old testament. Science is only a tool that unenlightened people use to try to disprove Biblical history.

No scientist could ever prove the evolution of the human eyeball, as it is so complex the theory of evolution won't begin to qualify it's existance. That is just one organ of the human body, find the evolution of how any of the rest of any animal or organism even makes sense to anyone other than someone attempting to disprove the Bible...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,837 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,971
Posts18,499,323
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.