Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Let's start with I believe a tip is a gift for service above expectations.
Or should be. (Let's avoid the wages......)

Forget about waitstaff and a few service workers traditionally rewarded for good work.

It gotten completely out of hand, with everyone having their hand out.

I ordered from Traverse Creek today, $30 worth of parts, 5 or 6 dollars to ship it USPS.
Working through the order process, I WAS GIVEN THE OPTION TO TIP!
For an online saw parts order!
It was even broken down, %5, 10%, 15%, 20%. Just click on which one you didn't want anymore.

Two day delivery, bet mine doesn't get shipped for two weeks now.

I'd find a new place to order saw parts and let them know why.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB4

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Me Too.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Originally Posted by steveredd1
no one gives me tips for serving them

Process server?

ROFLMAO...

Damn that was funny.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Arron charged me $1,590+/- to make 20k+/- BF of WP lumber...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9ZeixY9jDZ6m33sC8

I gave him $1,800 cash... he was trying to figure out why... nobody had ever tipped him before...

IF I NEED HIM BACK FOR ANOTHER JOB... I AM CERTAIN HE WILL GLADLY COME BACK.

Sometimes tipping is just a smart practical business decision.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tips are a fairly unique American thing. Not a lot of that going on in Europe. Joe Biden's efforts at deconstructing American economics is the main reason for the huge, unprecedented increase in inflation. The girl at the counter isn't the one we should blame though. Just tip, or don't. It's always your decision.

Sam......

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I ordered a caramel mocha on the way home from the eye doc (100 mile drive).

Was this at a high-end steakhouse,, perchance?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Other ways to tip sometimes. I had some work done awhile back ,the guy said it would cost x . I looked him in the eye and said make the bill out for less and I'll give you the rest in cash. That approach is not turned down often..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don’t have anything against tipping. But when it has to be addressed before my order or services are completed, it takes on a whole different intent imo.

One of my favorite sandwich shops has a touch screen pad they tap in your order on. When they turn it around for you to pay it has a tip prompt at the bottom, in huge type. At that point I’ll put 20%+ cash on the counter and hit the no tip on the screen and just tell them I don’t do any tipping electronically.
They must get that quite a bit because they started putting a tip jar beside the register. I know the folks and the service they give up front, so I tip them pretty good up front. My sammmiches always seem to be above average.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Tips are a fairly unique American thing. Not a lot of that going on in Europe. Joe Biden's efforts at deconstructing American economics is the main reason for the huge, unprecedented increase in inflation. The girl at the counter isn't the one we should blame though. Just tip, or don't. It's always your decision.
We see it in the fishing world all the time. Orientals and Euros almost never tip. You can bet on that when they get on the boat. Russians rarely do but almost every Russian I've had tipped for good service.

Young folks are much less likely to tip than older. Seems the generation thing. We tipped when young. Probably not often enough or enough but we tried to.

It's my problem because I chose my job, just like we all do basically. But if I'm not getting a good tip on each trip, I won't be able to afford to do this job and will have to quit and do something else. Totally my choice and my risk.

Inflation is all on Joe at the moment. Its totally killed any value. Cut my wages, cut our retirement etc... simply by the value of the dollar. ITs happened before and will again. Just harder to make ends meet at this time and it's really close to our semi retirement.... which sucks too.
Is what it is and since I cannot change it we simply complain a bit and move on.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Sit down restaurant gets a tip commensurate with the level of service.

No one delivers out here, but they'd get one for delivery.

Anyone else sticks their hand out after the bill is settled is left hanging.

I will tip at a restaurant, I will not tip someone for making coffee or something that they are getting paid to do as their occupation. I don't tip my mailman or garbage man, its their chosen occupation and Im sure they dont expect it. These kids working at the coffee shops or any place that puts a tip jar out for simply doing something that is their duty is different. I do tip good at sit down restaurants if I get good service, which is what they are trying to earn. Too many people have sense of entitlement these days. I can't afford to go on a guided hunt very often, but I would tip my hunting or a fishing guide if they did a good job.

NRA Endowment Member
IC B3

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
So sick of the new tip craze.
I'm about to start adding 15,18, 25% gratuity option on my invoices.
Everyone else is doing it

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Got an eye opener last month at a local restaurant i take customers too. Go there 6-7 times a month and honestly never paid attention as it is the company card. Usually take 4-5 guys Yada yada. Last month i had 6 of us and once again i hardly pay attention to the main bill just the credit card signature and tip page. I add the 20%(she a great waitress always knows what i drink both a water and a bourbon or beer lol) and damn it seemed high. Got to looking at the order receipt and they AUTOMATICALLY add 18% gratuity to any party 6 and over. I asked her and she said that the owner started that a month ago. I’m like wow. Not her fault at all and depends on what i get if i have 6 people for her I usually add the extra. Not the rest of the clowns. But now i find im looking at every receipt form every restaurant to make sure on the extra tip crap. Damn subway for a lunch eat sandwich has the tip 18% 20% 22 % on the check out. I click 0 % for a sandwich i have to carry to the table myself, get my own drink, and throw my mess away.

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
To
Insure
Prompt
Service

The original meaning - I have tipped a few times when the service was good, and the product was not.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by IA_fog
Got an eye opener last month at a local restaurant i take customers too. Go there 6-7 times a month and honestly never paid attention as it is the company card. Usually take 4-5 guys Yada yada. Last month i had 6 of us and once again i hardly pay attention to the main bill just the credit card signature and tip page. I add the 20%(she a great waitress always knows what i drink both a water and a bourbon or beer lol) and damn it seemed high. Got to looking at the order receipt and they AUTOMATICALLY add 18% gratuity to any party 6 and over. I asked her and she said that the owner started that a month ago. I’m like wow. Not her fault at all and depends on what i get if i have 6 people for her I usually add the extra. Not the rest of the clowns. But now i find im looking at every receipt form every restaurant to make sure on the extra tip crap. Damn subway for a lunch eat sandwich has the tip 18% 20% 22 % on the check out. I click 0 % for a sandwich i have to carry to the table myself, get my own drink, and throw my mess away.

I've seen the group tip bit a lot. It's become so common.

I tip where/when appropriate but I'm not tipping the barista etc.

Me

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
And here I thought Tiping was a city in China.

Medics bury their mistakes..
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
When I was a young man, I worked in sawmills, or in the woods and earned every penny. I didn't tend to tip too often. Now, the money comes fairly easily, and I appreciate those who have to work for it, so I tip more often and more generously. My wife, a cheapskate to the core, tips grudgingly. GD

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Dre
So sick of the new tip craze.
I'm about to start adding 15,18, 25% gratuity option on my invoices.
Everyone else is doing it

good idea

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
'
The pay consoles are starting at 18% now.
Ridiculous.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
People are finally starting to catch on!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$1.00 - Standard Reply

$2.50 - Deluxe Reply

$5.00 - Prime Reply

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1minute, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,434 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,943
Posts18,480,152
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.