Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Last time we went to Red Lobster. Waitress brought our drinks and took our order. She brings the wife's food. Wife gets done eating, and the waitress comes back and asks how our food was. I told her I didn't know. I never did get any. She brought us a check. Even made me pay for my beer. She was probably pissed she didn't get a tip.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
CA DMV

Allstate insurance

Bank of America

American Airlines

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hastings
The local Social Security Office. To get any service I told them I didn't have a computer and did not know how to read.

Actually my experience with them was one of the best. Company told me I had to apply for SSI disability in order for the company 1 year disability/medical to come into effect. Lots of people in the SSI office when I walked in and as it turned out, I and the SSI agent I was assigned to, were the only white people in the building. Told him the company was requiring me to register and he said not a problem, dude. 6 weeks later got the SSI acceptance letter.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
How about the IRS?

My mother died in 2022 so I filed her returns as the executor.

After 17 months I received a letter from the IRS asking for more information in order to process her refund. They were asking for the executor order from the state which I had already attached to the original return.

Not sure this qualifies as "Customer Service" since the IRS overlords probably look at the taxpaying public as their slaves from which they extract money quickly and refund amounts due after multiple years of waiting.

Of course none of this applies to Joe's illegals who get free government money/support and don't pay taxes at all.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Spectrum ,the wife passed away in. Dec I wanted to close the account and open my own with my own bank account and direct deposit and they just wanted to add my name to her account, could not convince them that her bank account was closed and there was no money in it ,finally just closed everything and went to us cellular

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I reported to the designated hospital for surgery this morning to find that the insurance company had not approved all of the items to be performed.

Head Dr in charge said, go home and catch up on a good breakfast. We are hoping for an appeal tomorrow, if we get that, we are hoping to fit you in next week or else it will be moved out another month. (Surgeries are booked out 4-6 weeks in advance)

Not in 70 years have I ever heard of an insurance company dictating what a surgeon can do. I can't tell another Aussie, its simply not believable, or legal there.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Wife and daughters work at hospital.

The stories, yeesh.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anything automated.. I prefer human conversation as I can tell them to kiss my ass if necessary.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Several years ago I bought a Shappell hub style portable ice shack. One of the pole broke on the first use. Called Shappell and asked for a replacement part. They asked if it were cold when I used it and that the warranty may not apply.

I did get the part,

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
United Airlines is very consistently somewhere between underwhelming and incompetent.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by immature
Amerigas Propane. The techs that came to the house were good people but the management in the office that handled everything were useless when it came to anything but selling propane.

You should call Hank over at Buck Stricklands place.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by GeoW
Anything automated.. I prefer human conversation as I can tell them to kiss my ass if necessary.
I think that’s why so much customer service is either automated or completely unavailable by phone.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Any and all Government employee, whether in person, online or on the phone.

Despicable people .

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
LOWE'S yesterday. I asked them to replace my failed hot water heater that has a LIFETIME WARRANTY !!! I've never seen so much backpeddling ! I needed a replacement NOW. I went to Home Depot & bought a new one. A technician is in the basement right now installing a new one !!

"not too grumpy"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Funny thing. When I saw the title to the thread Comcast junmped right into my mind. So I opened it up and the OP was complaining about Comcast. Small world. My gripe was they removed one of the channels that my late wife and I watched probably 90 percent of the time; Turner Classic Movies. I called to complain and was told if we wanted TCM we'd have to go up to a more expensive package. I said fine, cancel my contract and he refused to do it. I tld my wfe what was happening while I was disconnecting their equipment, put in the bed of my truck and went to their office. I set the stuff down on the counter and said in a rather loud voice to close my account immediately. The guy at the counter said he couldn't do that. I told him to get someone in charge before I really get mad and finally get to see the manager. Now take into account there were several people there probably looking to open or upgrade their accounts. The manager said my account is a contract and you have to wait until it comes to its conclusion. I told him he could either close my account of have the returned equipment as a suppository. He closed the account. That was more than ten years ago and we quit watching TV altogether. The only reason we even had a TV set after that was to watch movies and over the years built up a nice DVD collection.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JDK
Several years ago I bought a Shappell hub style portable ice shack. One of the pole broke on the first use. Called Shappell and asked for a replacement part. They asked if it were cold when I used it and that the warranty may not apply.

I did get the part,
Lol! You’d have needed a boat and not an ice shack were it not cold.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The first thing I so is tell them I want a live Operator, Representative or what ever. The computer takes too much time to figure out why I am calling. If I need I tell the operator that I am am sorry but I am hard of hearing and tell them I need someone without an accent. I will get one. Then when I explain the problem they understand.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Pro tip for anyone tired of trying to converse with pakis and indians over an issue. I now hit the number given if you wish to speak with a spainish speaking representative. When the answer and ask you first question in spainish, apologize and tell them you must have hit the wrong button, but by chance can they help you.
They are all bilingual in english/spainish and speak very good english, in fact some are anglos working in Mexico City who transfered there for the job. Ive never been refused, and get my business done pronto.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Apple. By far.

Bought 2 iPhones and started home, my wife in a separate car. Tried to call her and couldn't understand a thing. Called Apple store from a land line and got an immediate run around. Several calls and they finally allowed we could get replacement phones, though they'd be refurbs. We said no. Wife's mother had died unexpectantly, and she needed to travel to Ohio to sort things out, and continue with her work remotely - hence the need for the new phone. She got to Ohio and they still wouldn't take care of things. I ended up driving out as well (6 hours) and we both went to the Apple Store with their "genius bar". They were ignorant, but finally took her phone out back and returned later saying it was within spec. We pleaded with them to simply take both our phones and call each other, and they staunchly refused. They finally took my phone out back and returned with the same "diagnosis" - it was "within specifications". So even though we couldn't understand each other when calling, they refused to test that and sent us packing. We walked directly to the AT&T store, threw the iPhones on the counter, rehashed the story, and they took them back. We've been android users ever since. We will never own Apple again.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 2,592 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,949
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.