Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dude,

That Noah guy must have had a lot of help gathering over 2 million species ( maybe subtract the aquatic ones???) to get on that boat and keep them going until the waters receded. And if he didn't get all 2 million described species, maybe there wasn't a 10th that many at the time, then that would mean there has been a lot of speciation (evolution) going on in the years after the Ark landed?

How many species have we described?

Before we look at estimates of how many species there are in total, we should first ask the question of how many species we know that we know. Species that we have identified and named.

The IUCN Red List tracks the number of described species and updates this figure annually based on the latest work of taxonomists. In 2021, it listed 2.13 million species on the planet. In the chart, we see the breakdown across a range of taxonomic groups – 1.05 million insects, over 11,000 birds, over 11,000 reptiles, and over 6,000 mammals.

Then again, one doesn't have to believe everything one reads on the internet, right? Just because a bunch of scientists have a method they use to describe an organism, doesn't mean they get it correct.......

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
While the discussion on how to read or even believe what is in the Bible goes on I have a question, maybe more of an observation.

We banned public prayer in the schools in the 60s. The 70s brought us abortion. The clamor has been going on even before that to make the mention of God non acceptable in our halls of justice and government. obama declared us a NON Christian nation, for me he was not observing the moral decay but hopeful to further move us that direction. Private business owners have been fined heavily for siting their Christian faith as being a reason to not participate in same sex marriage and other such things. It's very clear that as a nation the move towards denying God and His influence is well underway and being carried out more as time passes. It's not a long shot to see the mere mention of anything in the Bible as being considered hate speech. We even had a school board member sworn in with her hand on some sort of sicko pedophilic book if my memory serves me.

Now here's my question. We should assume that since everything is done for the good of the people, especially the children, the democrats site that is being just one of the many reasons to abolish the 2nd Amendment. And you have to admit the cleansing of God from everything possible is being carried out to order then when will see start to see improvements within our nation? When will crime rates drop? When will a man's handshake be as binding as any legal document? When will hate be abolished? When will we see the utopia we have been promised?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Reloder28
For all of you naysayers:

Why do you think rainbows appear in the sky?

Why do you think God flooded the Earth?

Do you really believe there were no rainbows in the sky after a rain and with the sun shinning through falling rain, until after the flood?? crazy

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
What’s the old saying? Them That refuse to believe will accept no proof.
Them that chose to believe, need no proof!
It’s all very real if one chooses to accept it.
I’m not gonna argue with you fellows who choose not to. It is a personal choice, as God expected His children to make.
But look at it this way. If I’m wrong, we are nothing but resource users while we’re here, and nothing but worm food afterwards. But I’ll be remembered as a good person for a little while. The best any of us can do.
But if I’m right, ….

You're going to hell because you chose the wrong Christianity?
I don't see such a distinction in that post - the denominational aspect is not conditional there. Non-believers are free to design their own reasons for rejection and are free to critique, ridicule and make fun of the choices of believers. So be it.

However, that freedom of choice and opportunity for critique affords them no superiority of view or reasoning. Decisions about going to Hell are the province of the decider, not in any way controlled by the thoughts or wishes of believers.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by szihn
With out any doubt, yes!

Those that want to know why t's reasonable should read "the Genesis Flood" by Dr. Henry Morris.

There is nothing reasonable about the genesis flood as it is described. As described, it's impossible. The timeframe is impossible. A world wide inundation has never happened, especially not four to five thousand years ago, which is ludicrous.
This is the view of a human being - apparently designed/intended to establish the scope and quality of reasonableness - of course limited by paucity of human knowledge and understanding. Such statements can be well worked out, but also seem completely inconsiderate of the concept of faith - the belief in the Supreme Being and all of God's powers - the extensive knowledge and reasoning well beyond human understanding. It seems sensible to make this rational distinction once in a while.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"The Jefferson, "bible'?

You need to know more about that. He wanted the Indians to learn about Jesus. He cut out All of Jesus' Words and pasted them together for them.

Anti-God folks distorted the facts.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Luke 1"37

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
What’s the old saying? Them That refuse to believe will accept no proof.
Them that chose to believe, need no proof!
It’s all very real if one chooses to accept it.
I’m not gonna argue with you fellows who choose not to. It is a personal choice, as God expected His children to make.
But look at it this way. If I’m wrong, we are nothing but resource users while we’re here, and nothing but worm food afterwards. But I’ll be remembered as a good person for a little while. The best any of us can do.
But if I’m right, ….

You're going to hell because you chose the wrong Christianity?
I don't see such a distinction in that post - the denominational aspect is not conditional there. Non-believers are free to design their own reasons for rejection and are free to critique, ridicule and make fun of the choices of believers. So be it.

However, that freedom of choice and opportunity for critique affords them no superiority of view or reasoning. Decisions about going to Hell are the province of the decider, not in any way controlled by the thoughts or wishes of believers.

Is that why Evangelical Christians go on mission to Mexico and the Philippines to save the Catholics from Hell?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Honestly, I haven’t a clue as to what in the heck you’re talking about!😀
It occurs to me that you don’t either!😟

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Scotty
It is amazing to me that almost every culture around the world has a story of a flood in their beliefs. This had to be based on something.
Because all civilizations and cultures were based on colonies along major rivers and sea shores. And most of them have suffered catastrophic flooding at some point.

As the miles thick ice sheets receded from Europe and Asia, they released huge quantities of water. They flooded river plains. They raised ocean levels.

Populations which had survived the ice age in the warmer low lands became inundated with runoff.

Unless one wants to deny the ice ages along with with the rest of Earth's observable natural history.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yes, I believe it.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s not only pretty clear…it’s very clear…that the Godless Utopia that militant atheists claim is possible is just as much of a fantasy as they claim that Christianity is.

It’s not enough for the militant atheists to not believe, they don’t want ‘you’ to believe. They can’t stand it. It clearly absolutely eats em’ up. Their position clearly has zero to do with “sorting fact from fiction”, nor does their position have anything to do with reason or logic or truth or science or evidence. When it’s said that they would ‘still’ deny Jesus and Christianity even if they knew for a fact that it was true…as has been done right here on the Campfire…that’s clearly not a position that has anything to do with reason or logic or truth or evidence.

Christianity clearly has a history of violence, such as the Crusades and the Inquisition, etc., over the last 2000 years. But atheistic regimes have been far more violent. Atheistic regimes have killed well over 120 million people in just the 20th century alone.

But that doesn’t negate the abuses by the Christian Church against people, nor does it negate the abuses by Christians against other people either. But those things were man’s doin’, they weren’t God’s doin’. Thankfully following Jesus doesn’t mean following His followers. And putting one’s trust and confidence in Jesus for one’s salvation is only between one and God.

I’m convinced that…even if you don’t believe that Jesus is who He says He is…following Jesus’ teachings will make one’s life better, and it will make one better at life.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Yes, I believe it.

Me too

Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
Oh my, a large ship where the birds don't eat the bugs, and the snakes dont eat the vermin...

Its so very, very believable.

LOL

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by antlers
I’m convinced that…even if you don’t believe that Jesus is who He says He is…following Jesus’ teachings will make one’s life better, and it will make one better at life.
That is where I am.

I firmly believe a group of radical priests had recognized that the practice of driving the Church with a whip was failing. The Church had to come to grasp with the fact they could only survive by becoming a secondary authority under the newly formed national governments which were taking hold in the region.

These priests, the radical liberals of their day, knew that religion had to lead with the carrot, rather than drive with the stick if it was to survive. They used a man named Jesus of Nazareth as their spokesman and apparent leader.

The tenants of Christianity are wondrous rules on which to found a society.

Still, the Chinese and the Indians have done pretty well without them. Even the Greeks, the Persians, and the Romans had pretty successful histories going back a long time before the advent of Christianity.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Without faith it's impossible to please God. So a lot of you here are going to have a different address in the afterlife than I will

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Wish Noah did not collect the mosquitoes, flies, ticks and mice for the boat ride. Add fleas to my wishes.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by moosemike
Without faith it's impossible to please God. So a lot of you here are going to have a different address in the afterlife than I will

That^^^

FJB & FJT
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Laughing here. We will all be worm food.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Laughing here. We will all be worm food.
Can you offer me proof of that?

Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,227
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.