Hop To
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
What’s the old saying? Them That refuse to believe will accept no proof.
Them that chose to believe, need no proof!
It’s all very real if one chooses to accept it.
I’m not gonna argue with you fellows who choose not to. It is a personal choice, as God expected His children to make.
But look at it this way. If I’m wrong, we are nothing but resource users while we’re here, and nothing but worm food afterwards. But I’ll be remembered as a good person for a little while. The best any of us can do.
But if I’m right, ….

You're going to hell because you chose the wrong Christianity?
I don't see such a distinction in that post - the denominational aspect is not conditional there. Non-believers are free to design their own reasons for rejection and are free to critique, ridicule and make fun of the choices of believers. So be it.

However, that freedom of choice and opportunity for critique affords them no superiority of view or reasoning. Decisions about going to Hell are the province of the decider, not in any way controlled by the thoughts or wishes of believers.

Is that why Evangelical Christians go on mission to Mexico and the Philippines to save the Catholics from Hell?
Folks that do those things seem to know very well why they do, and you seem not to know much in comparison. At this moment, our son in law and a group from their church up in WA (including several youths on Spring break) are in Guatemala- living out in small native villages - installing simple yet very effective metal cooking stoves for families who normally have cooked over open fires. That is their mission this week. Does that assist your understanding?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by moosemike
Without faith it's impossible to please God. So a lot of you here are going to have a different address in the afterlife than I will
So, when are you going to reenter your mother's womb and be born again. If you must take everything literally in the Bible, you must do that to be saved.

The solution is that Jesus was speaking figuratively, as the Bible often does.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What are you fools smoking? But sure glad he saved deer ticks, eh?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What are you fools smoking? But if you truly believe? sure glad he saved deer ticks, eh? And can ya see a whale on the ark?

Last edited by Wrapids; 04/04/24.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Without faith it's impossible to please God. So a lot of you here are going to have a different address in the afterlife than I will

And this my friend is the only reason all religions exist.
To place fear into people to turn them into sheep.
If you believe, then I am glad your life is better as a result.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I’m not gonna argue with you fellows who choose not to. It is a personal choice, as God expected His children to make.
But look at it this way. If I’m wrong, we are nothing but resource users while we’re here, and nothing but worm food afterwards. But I’ll be remembered as a good person for a little while. The best any of us can do.
But if I’m right, ….

I don't see such a distinction in that post - the denominational aspect is not conditional there. Non-believers are free to design their own reasons for rejection and are free to critique, ridicule and make fun of the choices of believers. So be it.

However, that freedom of choice and opportunity for critique affords them no superiority of view or reasoning. Decisions about going to Hell are the province of the decider, not in any way controlled by the thoughts or wishes of believers.

Is that why Evangelical Christians go on mission to Mexico and the Philippines to save the Catholics from Hell?
Folks that do those things seem to know very well why they do, and you seem not to know much in comparison. At this moment, our son in law and a group from their church up in WA (including several youths on Spring break) are in Guatemala- living out in small native villages - installing simple yet very effective metal cooking stoves for families who normally have cooked over open fires. That is their mission this week. Does that assist your understanding?

You seem to forget that I've spent some time in a Church, so when I talk of Evangelicals going on missions to save the Catholic from Hell, those are not my words, but those of the Evangelical ministry. Perhaps your son in law is on a mission the to improve the lives of fellow Christians who happen to be Catholic. Perhaps he's installing stoves as his "way in" to the village so he can save their poor dammed Catholic souls. I don't know, if it's the former, good for him, but if it's the latter, well, that has it's own implications.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

And this my friend is the only reason all religions exist.
To place fear into people to turn them into sheep.
If you believe, then I am glad your life is better as a result.

You left out the part about keeping the Priests well housed, well fed, and well laid.

To paraphrase Mel Brooks, "It's good to be the Priest."

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Noah’s Ark has always fascinated me. I’ve read conflicting stories on the subject. Would like to hear folks opinions and support that comes from the Bible . Let’s discuss this while being respectful to one another please!

Yes I believe the biblical account of it. There are aquatic fossils found in the desert and at high elevations. I always have thought those came about from the flood at Noah's time.
Ever heard of tectonic plates and continental drift?. Surely you don't believe the ocean was 8000 feet or more higher than it is now. Think about what an average annual 1/4 inch rise in elevation could do in 1 million years.
I don't have any explanation of how it could have occurred , But , I know of at least a couple of fossils of large 3'plus sea fish on the top of buttes in central Wyoming. Many shell fish also, And if you look at a topo map of the area , it looks like a rather impressive flood raged through there and the buttes would have been High points.....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Noah’s Ark has always fascinated me. I’ve read conflicting stories on the subject. Would like to hear folks opinions and support that comes from the Bible . Let’s discuss this while being respectful to one another please!

Yes I believe the biblical account of it. There are aquatic fossils found in the desert and at high elevations. I always have thought those came about from the flood at Noah's time.
Ever heard of tectonic plates and continental drift?. Surely you don't believe the ocean was 8000 feet or more higher than it is now. Think about what an average annual 1/4 inch rise in elevation could do in 1 million years.
I don't have any explanation of how it could have occurred , But , I know of at least a couple of fossils of large 3'plus sea fish on the top of buttes in central Wyoming. Many shell fish also, And if you look at a topo map of the area , it looks like a rather impressive flood raged through there and the buttes would have been High points.....
I don't know where you live in Wyoming but there is a National Park service National Monument called Fossil Butte that might could clear up some questions about unusual fish fossils in your state. It is in the SW part of the state near Kemmerer Wy. The visitor center has a lot of informative exhibits and displays. This old world has been through lots of changes and upheavals over the last few hundreds of millions of years. The visitor center has fossils of fish that are similar to our gars and bowfins in Louisiana. One display claims CO2 was 20X higher in the distant past on earth than it is now. Supposedly there was an ancient sea that connected the Gulf of Mexico to the Artic Ocean up through the middle of the present U.S. The oceans have in the past been much lower than they are now and also much higher. And some of our mountains have been pushed up out of the sea bed and taken their fossils along for the ride.

I once had an idiot Baptist preacher claim the sea shells found at 8000 feet elevation in Guatemala was prof of the world wide flood. As if.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Yes.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You seem to forget that I've spent some time in a Church, so when I talk of Evangelicals going on missions to save the Catholic from Hell, those are not my words, but those of the Evangelical ministry. Perhaps your son in law is on a mission the to improve the lives of fellow Christians who happen to be Catholic. Perhaps he's installing stoves as his "way in" to the village so he can save their poor dammed Catholic souls. I don't know, if it's the former, good for him, but if it's the latter, well, that has it's own implications.
I think maybe a return trip is in order, either to get a refund or to pick up whatever it was that you missed out on.
I don’t know what your beef is, but if you don’t mind, I’ll put in a word for you with the Boss. He can fix any and all problems, but like I said, it’s up to you to approach Him.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve found marine fossils in the Texas Hill Country; and I’ve found marine fossils in the Guadalupe Mountains of West Texas; and I’ve found marine fossils in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. But I think all of these fossils are likely the result of plate tectonics and mountain-building tectonics. These deposits were likely once at the bottom of oceans…and through the above processes…they were thrusted up into their current positions and created the hills and mountains.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You seem to forget that I've spent some time in a Church,…
I think maybe a return trip is in order, either to get a refund or to pick up whatever it was that you missed out on.
lmao

No offense as, but that was funny af.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Reloder28
For all of you naysayers:

Why do you think rainbows appear in the sky?

Why do you think God flooded the Earth?

Do you really believe there were no rainbows in the sky after a rain and with the sun shinning through falling rain, until after the flood?? crazy

L.W.

Yes, there was no rain until the ark was finished, which took 50+ years.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For all of you naysayers:

Why do you think rainbows appear in the sky?

Why do you think God flooded the Earth?

Do you really believe there were no rainbows in the sky after a rain and with the sun shinning through falling rain, until after the flood?? crazy

L.W.

Yes, there was no rain until the ark was finished, which took 50+ years.

Uhhhhh, okay. But that begs the question of how did people, including Noah, his family, and millions of people and animals around the world eat?? It takes rain to grow crops and vegetation. In 50 years, everyone and everything living would have starved to death. God wouldn't have needed to kill everyone as everyone would already have died.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Uhhhhh, okay. But that begs the question of how did people, including Noah, his family, and millions of people and animals around the world eat?? It takes rain to grow crops and vegetation. In 50 years, everyone and everything living would have starved to death. God wouldn't have needed to kill everyone as everyone would already have died.

L.W.

If you read the story from the beginning of the Book, you will understand why rain was not required. The story of creation and the Flood is only about six or eight pages at the start of the Bible.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But if I’m right, ….

Let's stay real - I haven't forgotten that stuff because I never knew it, have no idea how much time you might have spent in a church, and have no way to understand what some "Evangelicals" may have told you. I based my reply on what you stated.

You can "perhaps" as you wish, but those folks are traditional Lutherans and I know exactly why they are working and serving in Guatemala. In that you seem concerned with form, would you care to identify the "form" of Christianity you have chosen?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
But if I’m right, ….

John Chau tried to spread the good word to the North Sentinelese islanders - they responded with a firm and unambiguous "no thanks".

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Last edited by shaman; 04/05/24.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
But if I’m right, ….

Let's stay real - I haven't forgotten that stuff because I never knew it, have no idea how much time you might have spent in a church, and have no way to understand what some "Evangelicals" may have told you. I based my reply on what you stated.

You can "perhaps" as you wish, but those folks are traditional Lutherans and I know exactly why they are working and serving in Guatemala. In that you seem concerned with form, would you care to identify the "form" of Christianity you have chosen?

I don't consider Traditional Lutherans among the Modern Evangicals. IME, typically they are more about the good deeds for the sake of the deeds, vs for the sake of the conversions. A lot of Lutherans are what I call "functional Atheist". Sure, they believe (or at least claim to), attend church, say grace, and go on the occasional mission, but there's no practical difference between them and they typical Atheist, no science denying, or wacky beliefs or politics rooted in fundamentalist religious beliefs. In general, they are not the droids I'm looking for.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1234, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,403
Posts18,488,921
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.