Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
In a way, I sorta hate to bring another discussion of Christian faith up, but i know that things are getting more and more messed up, and we believers all need to strengthen one another.

I ran across this video this evening, and I have had an article from American Thinker bookmarked for a couple weeks, I guess debating in my own mind whether or not it is true.
A Hard Look At Post Christian Times
It’s plain to see that as a people, we are actively removing every single thing that has made this nation great. I can’t hardly believe the changes this country has made to itself.
I literally thank God each and every day for giving me the blessing of being an American.
I think there still a heckuva lotta people who feel the same way. But very dang few under the age of around 45 or so.
I’m posting this in the hopes of hearing the thoughts of other believers, and silence from those who aren’t.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Not much of a correlation in my opinion.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Are We Entering A Post Christian America?
It’s been going in that direction for quite some time; and the next generation will likely be living in a much more post-Christian America than we are now.

What kind of message do you think Christians need to focus on to connect with unchurched and de-churched people…? And how do you do it, effectively…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Entering"??? We entered there a hundred or more years ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Our constitution as interpreted by our highest court would indicate that government and religion must not collaborate. Good policy considering the different religions such as Islam, Hindu, Hebrew, 400 sects of Christianity, Satanism, Black Magic, various east Asian variants of Buddhism, Haitian Voodoo, LDS. And a bunch of agnostic or atheist to boot.

Might ought to leave religion in the private sector and only step in when they get ready to kill one another.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
We certainly have a lot of work to do. For instance, millennials don’t attend church much and don’t bring their kids to church functions. Those that do attend don’t volunteer very much. Perhaps generation Z will make a better showing. From the looks of our current society, we appear to be slipping fast.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are plenty of reasons why human society gets messed up. And it seems the more people there are, the higher the population, the more messed up it gets.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
Our constitution as interpreted by our highest court would indicate that government and religion must not collaborate. Good policy considering the different religions such as Islam, Hindu, Hebrew, 400 sects of Christianity, Satanism, Black Magic, various east Asian variants of Buddhism, Haitian Voodoo, LDS. And a bunch of agnostic or atheist to boot.

Might ought to leave religion in the private sector and only step in when they get ready to kill one another.

It would be like stepping in when an Indian couple get to beating on each other.

They turn on you.

Let em work it out.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
What kind of message do you think Christians need to focus on to connect with unchurched and de-churched people…? And how do you do it, effectively…?
I only wish I knew. I have been praying about this for some time now. The Part of me that thanks God for America refuses to accept that the US is obsolete. If I honestly thought that this nation as I love her, is beyond recovery, I would honestly put a gun under my chin and check out. Without America, I have no interest in living anywhere.
However, the Christian believer in me doesn’t want to do that because 1, I’m a little concerned that God may not appreciate my decision to check out early 2, I still have two kids and a nephew that I feel responsibility for accepting salvation.
On this area, I am often getting open hostility in response to my trying to get them to attend a church!
If what I think is happening is truly happening, we Christians are on borrowed time. I will predict that by 2028 election, the Antichrist will have already made his presence known. I’m told the church will be raptured by that point, but I don’t believe it.
Gods chosen, throughout history, have often had to withstand persecution as a way of refining the metal in their backbone. Shadrach and his 2 friends were tossed into the furnace, Daniel himself had to navigate the lion pit. That doesn’t worry me. My faith will carry me through, or I will not survive. I promise you, I will never renounce my faith in Christ, anymore than I will apologize for America. Both are a deep deep part of my core beliefs.
But if we are entering the tribulation period, my responsibility for my kids and my nephew are entirely even more important to me. There are no tears or regrets in heaven. I am sure of this. The friends and family who have not been saved, will be erased from our memory. That’s the only way I would know of keeping away regrets and tears over unsaved loved ones.
I will not accept that for my Son, My DIL, and my Nephew. So I have to figure out a way to get them to accept Christ in spite of themselves!
I know that Mom prayed me and The Old Man into salvation, I’m certain of this. But I’m not as good at prayer as Mom.
So I’m open to suggestions.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I totally tick off the "Prayer in school" crowd.

Try telling them they "really don't want that".

You get the funniest look, and a snotty "why".

"Because you picture it the way YOU want it to be. Led by a person YOU approve of,
done in a way that furthers YOUR beliefs. Our country has freedom of religion. The teacher might be a Catholic, Baptist, or Lutheran. Teaching a kid to cross themselves, or not to. Imagine the fuss that would cause.

If that's not enough, the teacher could also be Muslim, Buddhist, or even Satanic. And requiring prayer in church would give them the platform to openly push their religon."

Reon,
We entered a post Christian Era decades ago,
Taking prayer out of school and Roe happening so easily are clear signs
that Christianity isn't as important to as many people as in the past. The paragraph
above shows how Christian we were at one point. The problems I mention weren't a big deal because the vast majority were on the same page. And silenced any dissenters. Protestant vs Catholic was addressed by public schools, regional tendency, and civility.

Christian teachings are a big factor in societal success.
Unfortunately when the society starts being successful, people turn to their
jobs, and entertainment/recreation. And away from God.

Creating the same effect as,

Hard times make hard men,
Hard men create good times,
Good times create weak men
Weak men create hard times.

If you look at everything that's become policy in the last 16 years,
evil is the only logical reason for it.

There are two combined fight going on right now.
God and evil, and the fight for America. Maybe it isn't even two.
Evil is fighting hard, and winning.
Those on the side of God and America aren't even in the fight.
Many don't realize it's happening.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 04/05/24.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
We started entering it in the 1960’s in my opinion. Everything has been downhill since then.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
We started entering it in the 1960’s in my opinion. Everything has been downhill since then.

That's about the time frame that I was thinking also.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stophel
"Entering"??? We entered there a hundred or more years ago.
This

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

It would be like stepping in when an Indian couple get to beating on each other.

They turn on you.

Let em work it out.

Errr, Inyin Love.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
The pendulum has swung too far to the secular where subjectivity and relativism rule. Beyond that point is cruelty and death.

The way life should be.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
There is little doubt that Americans have forgetten God . Mostly cause many have EBT food cards now days. Church attendance is likely half per capita in 50 yrs. However, the Christian church is doing very well and expanding . Russia has gotten more christian . Iran and North Korea christian churches are expanding , along with China too. I was in Jamaica last week and was amazed at how many ,, although very small churches were there. People with bible verses on their T shirts were very common.. I even took a picture of a newspaper that said in bold words. " VICTORY FOR DEMOCRACY!" Then under it is written Christian advocacy groups welcome ban on gay pride flag at it's embassies. We dont see that anymore in America.. As for the atheists on the campfire here. I can tell you it is the Godless people that are ruining America. These people want the old America and the morals we had, but they think America will stay moral without God . You will not have both. I will guarantee you that.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
The churches have gone woke to appease the phaaguts

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
John Adams once made the statement that the Constitution was written for a moral and religious people and is unfit to govern any other. We are seeing the results of moving away from a moral code based off God given principals and away from the Founding Documents. In my opinion a Constitutional Republic cannot survive without folks that are at least tolerant of God.

ihookem made this statement that is on target.
"As for the atheists on the campfire here. I can tell you it is the Godless people that are ruining America. These people want the old America and the morals we had, but they think America will stay moral without God . You will not have both. I will guarantee you that."

Some that might take offense to that have stated they will vote for Trump and I'm so glad they plan to but deep down and even unknowingly they are siding with the left. The left is communism at it's roots and one of the "rules" for establishing communism is to destroy religion.

I remember the aftermath of 9/11. Churches saw an increase of attendance. People were afraid and turning to God. Many were just plain hurting in the hearts over what took place and turned to God. That wore off and apathy set back in. I wish for those that will dislike what's being said about our nation and God and just wish those of us would just shut up that want to promote Godly living could be reached. I think as time passes we will see more effort into shutting anyone up that promotes God and how our nation needs Him.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by DBT
There are plenty of reasons why human society gets messed up. And it seems the more people there are, the higher the population, the more messed up it gets.

pretty simple.....bob

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
one minute you are thinking of "putting a gun under your chin" then the next you are trying to get you son ,dil and nephew to turn to god and accept salvation. alrightey then, sounds normal and stable ....bob

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (160user, 222ND, 2500HD, 2003and2013, 257 mag, 163bc, 59 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,789
Posts18,477,285
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.