Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
LIBERTY TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WXIX/Gray News) – A high school English teacher in Ohio is facing termination after she allegedly called out of work sick for two days to attend a concert in Nashville, Tennessee, district records show.

Eileen Washburn, an English teacher at Lakota West High School in the Lakota Local School District, is currently on unpaid leave as she faces potential termination.

Not only is Washburn a teacher, but she is also a member of the board of education at another nearby school district, Loveland City School District, according to its website.

Both districts are in the northern suburbs of Cincinnati.

😆

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
What concert?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm from that area Lakota & West Chester, Ohio had the hottest looking women in the region.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A local grocery store manager once fired a union clerk over similar issues. About a month later, he was out of a job.

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang,

I thought this was the Jimmy Olsen about that teacher they disciplined down in Texas.

She was teachin them chillins to spell tater with a "p".

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'd hafta see a picture of the broad, ta decide if the termination was warranted or not.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So, they were upset that she was out for two days, now she's out forever... brilliant!

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
This is an example where I think sick days and vacation days seperated is a fawkin reeeeeetawdid scheme. It's a paid day off, who cares if it's a physical or mental 'sick' day.

Hopefully she can get hired at a private skool, and get away from those jealous T\/\/ATS.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
When the worthless dipschidts I worked for in the Nashville school system stopped honoring Veterans' Day, I managed to "get sick" every year on that day- - - - -sick of the sniveling cowards who refused to respect the pepole who kept their sorry azzes free!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
This is an example where I think sick days and vacation days seperated is a fawkin reeeeeetawdid scheme. It's a paid day off, who cares if it's a physical or mental 'sick' day.

Hopefully she can get hired at a private skool, and get away from those jealous T\/\/ATS.
Which is why employers are moving to PTO rather than sick days and leave days.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Doug was a Jr Hi teacher- not a very good one either, but he had tenure. Several weeks before, he had asked for the day off so he could fish the commercial halibut opener..

Denied.

Called in sick.

Principal called his boat. Doug answered.

Fired!

Breach of contract will do that.

Last edited by las; 04/05/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK

Which is why employers are moving to PTO rather than sick days and leave days.

PTO is designed to screw with employees.
It’s usually requested and can be denied.

We get vacation, and sick/personal days.
After 3 consecutive sick days they can ask for a
doctors excuse, otherwise their use is personal.
You don’t have to ask, they can’t be denied.

P/S days are the last thing I use.
It’s not an issue where I work now, used to be.
It’s nice to have a few earned days that are actually yours to control. Ironically, if not used at the end of the year, P/S days are lost, vacation is paid.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Sick days and time off are separate at my work. I would guess that they are not comingled because of accounting writeoff differences, and that the expectation of proof if sick allowance is suspected of being abused. To summarize, I don't think additional sick time is provided out of goodness of the company's heart. It is accounting at work, subsidized by the government.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We have sick days and vacation days in Texas, all you have to give is 24 hours notice.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
So i guess my question is how did she get caught ? Oh let me guess she posted photos of her self at the concert. Friggen dumb azz people, anyone who has sick days have abused them , myself included. But don't make it public ….

Last edited by colvin; 04/05/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is it not possible to attend a concert sick?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Back in the early 1980s, it had become well known at the sporting goods store I was working at (Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Department) that me and someone else (and his kids) in that department were planning to call in sick to go deer hunting. The general manager assured us both that if we called in sick for those days, we would be out of a job.

Well, I got up early for the hunt, and planned to call in sick, but by freak accident stubbed my toe, breaking it, and really should have called in sick, because my big toe was now too big and painful for shoe wearing.

Of course the hunt was off as far as I was concerned, but the other guy (also of the Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Department) did call in sick, go hunting with his kids, and was fired. I, on the other hand, now had to show up to work if I didn't want to both miss a hunting trip and get fired.

No one would have believed I was legitimately unable to come to work, so I had to cut the front off of one of my sneakers in order to wear a shoe on that foot with the broken toe. The general manager looked at me suspiciously the entire day.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My son lives in Liberty Twp. His son is only 4 and goes to pre school. I used to work with a guy who marked off sick because they wouldn’t let him off to go to a Buckeyes home football game. I personally would not use sick time for a concert or ball game. Just how I used to roll.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They wouldn’t give you sick days if they didn’t want you to use them

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (2003and2013, 257 mag, 257Bob, 257_X_50, 160user, 163bc, 60 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,787
Posts18,477,248
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.