Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Originally Posted by Morewood
Lived in both Galt and Lodi back in the early 80’s. Lodi was a nice town but life took me north.
In the early 80s , a band I was in played at the Lodi roller skating . That’s been converted over for many years. Played music once in that time at the Lodi grape festival for a street rod group. I remember we played against a concrete block wall. We played rock and punk . The crowd wanted country and a few guys threw full beer cans at us. I can remember them exploding when they hit the wall. Over 40 years ago.
Yeah. You’re not who you say you are,brother. GFY

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by bartman
Used to live there about Y2K. Areas of interest back then were the Sierras, El Dorado national forest, Placerville, Old Sac, pig hunting and duck hunting were both nearby. Dove hunting reasonable in the nearby orchards. San Francisco was much cleaner then.
If you don’t mind, where did you go for pig and was there public land??

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Alan Cranberry?
No, but that’s what they called me in high school. Last name Cranfill. If you watched my music video, my name is in the credits. The song/ video is Esmeralda by the Psychedelic Pilgrims. The song was recorded at Nacnud studios in Lodi and the video was shot out be Bear Creek Winery in Lodi. Also I’m looking for a girl singer with a voice like Adele, Lauren Diaz type for recording.

Are you related to Gary?

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Alan Cranberry?
No, but that’s what they called me in high school. Last name Cranfill. If you watched my music video, my name is in the credits. The song/ video is Esmeralda by the Psychedelic Pilgrims. The song was recorded at Nacnud studios in Lodi and the video was shot out be Bear Creek Winery in Lodi. Also I’m looking for a girl singer with a voice like Adele, Lauren Diaz type for recording.

Are you related to Gary?
Don’t know if I’m related to a Gary . Would need more info. There is a lot of relatives I’ve never met. Ancestor search is amazing. Did it over 10 years ago. Thanks for reaching out.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Alan Cranberry?

Are you related to Gary?
Don’t know if I’m related to a Gary . Would need more info. There is a lot of relatives I’ve never met. Ancestor search is amazing. Did it over 10 years ago. Thanks for reaching out.

Damnit….. need to Google relatives of this sock…. Thank you kind friend.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Not a bad place to be stuck. Been here 30 years. Lots of conservative farmers and good folks. One of the better places in Calif.

There's a Lodi in central Jersey as well. Never been there, but the California version sounds like a mo' better place to be.
Since the dimocraps took control they ain't no place in California that's mo' better place to be.
Just saying....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by hardway
Alan Cranberry?

Are you related to Gary?

Damnit….. need to Google relatives of this sock…. Thank you kind friend.
FYI , my great grandfather Ben is buried in Lodi Cemetary.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Something that may interest some, Lodi Ca was the first A&W restaurant . Yes A&W root beer. The thing that pisses me off is they retained ownership of that store and do not honor the A&W deals the advertise on tv. Tuesdays is hamburger, fries and drink for $5. 40 years ago Victor bacon was from Lodi. Lodi at one time was the Zin wine grape capitol of the world.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
That is boilerplate and stated on many chain food places " at participating dealerships" on the bulletin board on Lower Sac south of Woodbridge road. Not sure why Pete doesn't honor the sales, though, he used to hold Thursday night show and shines, but covid made him stop it and he never restarted it up. They just removed all the buildings at Victor meats, owners were the Goehring's.

Lodi used to be the Tokay capitol of the world until around the 80's or so, then switched to Zin.

Kingdon was open in the mid 50's, dad raced his 37 Chevy there. Closed a few times but for sure it was open in 76 when I raced there. Kingdon does a yearly 2 day event around September, usually during D5 deer season.

Google "time to wine" Mondo Mariscal, who changed his moniker to Good time Charlie and moved to Idaho. Nice Viper red 56 ford PU.

Pizza Garden was better than Pizza Palace.

Crusin on School street ended 1978-79.

Lodi Beer has good food, Three window beer , Angelo's, Pietro's, Janet's Richmaid

Head pruned Old vine Zin beats Trellis Zin's, but hardly anyone can tell the difference.

Afraid to go out in the Vineyard, dam hail probably knocked half the crop off yesterday. Interesting how many are from this area here....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
i like roop beard plees call me on my mikcy mouse pfone an tawk bible story wift me

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Weighed, measured and found wanting.

Appears my "Amador Lake" fishing trip was a a success.

Only a local would know certain tid bits about an area that you can't find on the googler readily and articulated in a Non-Wikipedia style of prose.

Especially living in an area for half a century supposedly your favorite restaurant wouldn't be Panda Express.

At least Pizza Palace didn't build over top of a swimmin pool and spring a leak. 🤣😂🤣

If you know and raced Kingdon you know Walter Orr.

You'd also know it was the birthplace of the commercial wine cooler, who's inventor is a multi-generational native, not just A&W.

D5? LOL another long suffering local deer hunter.

Miss me some Pure Sausage and Meat deer salami thank goodness for Lockford.

Was waiting for a Tokay grape reference, finally.

Don't even get me started on Brunos, yum.

This person is definitely from Lodi.

That is boilerplate and stated on many chain food places " at participating dealerships" on the bulletin board on Lower Sac south of Woodbridge road. Not sure why Pete doesn't honor the sales, though, he used to hold Thursday night show and shines, but covid made him stop it and he never restarted it up. They just removed all the buildings at Victor meats, owners were the Goehring's.

Lodi used to be the Tokay capitol of the world until around the 80's or so, then switched to Zin.

Kingdon was open in the mid 50's, dad raced his 37 Chevy there. Closed a few times but for sure it was open in 76 when I raced there. Kingdon does a yearly 2 day event around September, usually during D5 deer season.

Google "time to wine" Mondo Mariscal, who changed his moniker to Good time Charlie and moved to Idaho. Nice Viper red 56 ford PU.

Pizza Garden was better than Pizza Palace.

Crusin on School street ended 1978-79.

Lodi Beer has good food, Three window beer , Angelo's, Pietro's, Janet's Richmaid

Head pruned Old vine Zin beats Trellis Zin's, but hardly anyone can tell the difference.

Afraid to go out in the Vineyard, dam hail probably knocked half the crop off yesterday. Interesting how many are from this area here....

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Fat city , funny you should mention Lake Amador. I lived during high school in Buena Vista. There was a hunting club there named Goose Hill gun club. It shut down around 1980. Amador lake was run by the Lockhart family. I went to high school in Ione with Laurie. Last I heard she still worked there. You mention a name Orr. The only Orr I knew was Ralph Orr who was a Ione cop back in the 1970s . Ralph had relatives in Lodi. After talking to HemiAllen, his relatives hunted with a relative of mine, (Gary).

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
i like roop beard plees call me on my mikcy mouse pfone an tawk bible story wift me
Mr. Slum, prayer sent!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Did you guys drag race on Paradise road ? LOL

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kenster99
Did you guys drag race on Paradise road ? LOL

Paradise Rd and Graffiti night is in Modesto, about 45 minutes south of Lodi. Paradise is where they raced in the movie, maybe back in the 50’s they did, but in my highschool years we raced on California rd which is one block over.

Last edited by hardway; 04/05/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kenster99
Broke down leaving lodi, Kingdon drag strip , towing a 1937 Chevy gasser
Originally Posted by sidepass
Kingdon raceway takes me back to my high school days. Was a country airport that held drag races in the late 60s early 70s is it still? Guess I could look it up.
Don’t know if it’s still open. In high school we went to Sacramento raceway . I think that one is closed.
I practically lived at Sac Raceway in the 70's. Dad raced at Sac, Kingdon, Bakersfield, Reading, and ran a car at Bonneville

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

The swimming pool was across Lodi Ave, or the other pool at Lodi Union High second story? Pizza Factory was at a good location next to the theater. Rented the owners cabin in So Tahoe one time, nice folks, on Oak street I believe.

Yes, good ole wine coolers, what a great marketing plan selling in the millions after about 5 years on the market. Forgot which winery snatched it up.

Pure sausage, another great ND German butcher shop, but yes Pete does good at Lockeford sausage, got 2 dakota brats headed to so-e oregon tomorrow with me, plus a dozen landjaegers.

Yea, D5 is a fall camping trip with hiking involved.

I believe California hot woods was also a family in Lodi sold several years ago.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Well chit, let’s not forget the Cycle Bowl 👍🏻 raced flat track/ TT quads there in the mid 90’s.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Good point.

My 2 grandson's would have had their first race of the season at the bowl tomorrow, but they called it due to the recent wet weather. The clay there is terrible when wet, and the pits being in a bowl almost had us stranded during last years final race day.

Fred Merkel and Chris Carr both raced at the cycle bowl early in their careers. Fred was from Stockton, a friend of a friends son was good friends of Fred's. Fred wiped out and ended his career on an asphalt track and I think he moved to New Zeeland starting a construction company.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My old boss Walt Orr at Sac.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 673, 17 invisible), 1,421 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,865
Posts18,478,668
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.