Campfire Outfitter
J
Type 1 or type 2?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Since this happened in Spruce Pine, the dude has to be white. No harm no foul.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
SOB

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
To Serve and Protect.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'll normally back the cops, almost without question...

But not in this instance. I'm a diabetic, so I can see being in this picture... having your blood sugar levels drop quickly... I've had my drop to where my Blood Sugar level was 30.....which is WAAY in the danger zone... and you need to get sugar in your system quickly.

What kind of Barney Fife's does Spruce Pine have on their force? EMTs should have been called. Evidently no one knew what a diabetic incident was, or they would have called EMS. But I'd bet that they sure know what one is now.....

If the victim decides NOT to Sue, the Spruce Pine P.D. need to thank their lucky stars. I'd admit if I'd have been the diabetic in that situation, I WOULD NOT sue the Police Dept or their officers for their actions or lack of action from not knowing what to do, or being able to identify the situation they were called upon.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In a Facebook post from Monday, Feb. 19, the Spruce Pine Police Department said officers responded to Walmart around 8 p.m. for a "law enforcement matter" and after investigating further, they arrested one person, charging them with one count of trespassing and three counts of resisting arrest.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot...

How in the muddafookin way does a diabetic in EMERGENCY get three counts of resisting arrest for the same, single transport to jail? EVERY MUTHA FOOOKIN COPPER C(_)NT has charged me with resisting arrest each time I was taken in, but it was only a single charge per transport. I was actually told that they like to charge non-violent people with 'resisting arrest' as it pads their stats for 'officer danger, we's riskn are lifes erryday boosheit'. Most statutes don't actually require 'violence or physically resistance' to occur for the charge to be valid... so how could someone 'resist arrest non-violently'? I talked to a lawyer about it after the 2nd time it happened and he said that if you talk to the police in a disparaging or aggressive manner, IE hurt their feelings, they will charge it whether you are joking, laughing, or making drunken small talk and it will stick, but especially if you are verbally eviscerating them, their performance or duties in front of other officers or the public, and it's a (((gucci))) charge, and it's all without physical violence. So much for free speech eh?

(((Spoiler alert for reeeetawds, NOT talking about explicit threats, as that's a completely separate issue)))

Most cops hate it when one does not kowtow to them in every situation, but it's gotten worse since the courts supported their policy to block anyone with an IQ over 105 from becoming LEO 20 years ago or so. When you look around today, it's no wonder how things got so bad when the cops would rather impose themselves into a non-violent, victimless crime area, (NONE of my crimes were violent or had an actual victim, IE Victimless Crime), for cake eater charges rather than go after actual criminals that damage society, create REAL victims and further decays the trust of the surrounding region.

Law enforcement was suppose to be a check/balance against corruption, crime, and rampant decay of society. They have failed, and I'm not even sure if the majority of them understand it was 90% their fault for how they interact, charge, plea, bond/release, and incarcerate the society they work for. Sure, we need LEOs... but we don't need the individuals who's IQ doesn't get above Vermont's Record High Temperature, and then get 6 months of PT with a course on how to write up a report, a couple days of firearms training and tacticool driving course as a valid way to secure our Liberty & Rights, when they literally have no concept of the values that this country was founded upon, or The constitution that they are to uphold as the HIGHEST LAW OF THE LAND, including ANY order from superiors that contradict the LotL. The Constitution is the only training LEOs need to serve the public decently and with Honor, as everything else they can learn on the job or their own time.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I think it is everywhere - lack of training, standback and think. It was reported on the UK BBC public broadcaster within the last 3-5 years the police in UK Midlands tasered a man at a sports centre who was having an epilitic fit. The sports centre had reported someone behaving oddly and not responding to their verbal instructions.

Not sure how it ended but suspect it cost the taxpayers £££££.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Not sure how a medical emergency did not come into the possible cause of his behavior. I have seen some odd behavior from people in diabetic shock. They have no idea what they are doing, or saying. It can be easily misread for EDP behavior. But, time and deductive reasoning can lead to an clues and or an answer. There are times were you do not have much time to determine this. Like the another being attacked or the patient putting themselves in danger. Like walking into traffic on interstate highway. So, take the time if you have it, but sometimes there is no time to figure it out. You have to act, and hope you guessed correctly.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Not good

IC B3

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Type 1 or type 2?
Type blue

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
I'll normally back the cops, almost without question...

But not in this instance. I'm a diabetic, so I can see being in this picture... having your blood sugar levels drop quickly... I've had my drop to where my Blood Sugar level was 30.....which is WAAY in the danger zone... and you need to get sugar in your system quickly.

What kind of Barney Fife's does Spruce Pine have on their force? EMTs should have been called. Evidently no one knew what a diabetic incident was, or they would have called EMS. But I'd bet that they sure know what one is now.....

If the victim decides NOT to Sue, the Spruce Pine P.D. need to thank their lucky stars. I'd admit if I'd have been the diabetic in that situation, I WOULD NOT sue the Police Dept or their officers for their actions or lack of action from not knowing what to do, or being able to identify the situation they were called upon.

So if you were having a diabetic episode and a person working as a plumber or logger came upon you and performed an emergency tracheotomy, would you sue them?

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Not sure how a medical emergency did not come into the possible cause of his behavior. I have seen some odd behavior from people in diabetic shock. They have no idea what they are doing, or saying. It can be easily misread for EDP behavior. But, time and deductive reasoning can lead to an clues and or an answer. There are times were you do not have much time to determine this. Like the another being attacked or the patient putting themselves in danger. Like walking into traffic on interstate highway. So, take the time if you have it, but sometimes there is no time to figure it out. You have to act, and hope you guessed correctly.

He was sitting in his car so they kept him from walking in to traffic by removing him from his car. Good deal.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Spruce Pine is right down the road from us, and we use the Wal Mart shown in the video.

Makes me wonder what they are teaching in the academy these days?

I am unsure why EMS didn't respond; I wonder if dispatch didn't notify EMS and why the officer on scene didn't request EMS?

Well, the victim will get a payday out of this.

As a Type II diabetic, I guess we'll need to start going to the Wal Mart in Elizabethton or Johnson City, TN so in the event my sugar drops I don't end up arrested or worse.

StarchedCover

Semper Fi
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I learned something here. Cops are supposed to be able to assess medical conditions as well as a doctor, and diabetics can behave however they want to without fear of repercussions.

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
In a Facebook post from Monday, Feb. 19, the Spruce Pine Police Department said officers responded to Walmart around 8 p.m. for a "law enforcement matter" and after investigating further, they arrested one person, charging them with one count of trespassing and three counts of resisting arrest.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot...

How in the muddafookin way does a diabetic in EMERGENCY get three counts of resisting arrest for the same, single transport to jail? EVERY MUTHA FOOOKIN COPPER C(_)NT has charged me with resisting arrest each time I was taken in, but it was only a single charge per transport. I was actually told that they like to charge non-violent people with 'resisting arrest' as it pads their stats for 'officer danger, we's riskn are lifes erryday boosheit'. Most statutes don't actually require 'violence or physically resistance' to occur for the charge to be valid... so how could someone 'resist arrest non-violently'? I talked to a lawyer about it after the 2nd time it happened and he said that if you talk to the police in a disparaging or aggressive manner, IE hurt their feelings, they will charge it whether you are joking, laughing, or making drunken small talk and it will stick, but especially if you are verbally eviscerating them, their performance or duties in front of other officers or the public, and it's a (((gucci))) charge, and it's all without physical violence. So much for free speech eh?

(((Spoiler alert for reeeetawds, NOT talking about explicit threats, as that's a completely separate issue)))

Most cops hate it when one does not kowtow to them in every situation, but it's gotten worse since the courts supported their policy to block anyone with an IQ over 105 from becoming LEO 20 years ago or so. When you look around today, it's no wonder how things got so bad when the cops would rather impose themselves into a non-violent, victimless crime area, (NONE of my crimes were violent or had an actual victim, IE Victimless Crime), for cake eater charges rather than go after actual criminals that damage society, create REAL victims and further decays the trust of the surrounding region.

Law enforcement was suppose to be a check/balance against corruption, crime, and rampant decay of society. They have failed, and I'm not even sure if the majority of them understand it was 90% their fault for how they interact, charge, plea, bond/release, and incarcerate the society they work for. Sure, we need LEOs... but we don't need the individuals who's IQ doesn't get above Vermont's Record High Temperature, and then get 6 months of PT with a course on how to write up a report, a couple days of firearms training and tacticool driving course as a valid way to secure our Liberty & Rights, when they literally have no concept of the values that this country was founded upon, or The constitution that they are to uphold as the HIGHEST LAW OF THE LAND, including ANY order from superiors that contradict the LotL. The Constitution is the only training LEOs need to serve the public decently and with Honor, as everything else they can learn on the job or their own time.

Not sure how much IQ plays in to it since plenty of the most evil people ever to walk the earth have been extremely intelligent.

In this case it appears they just didn't recognize who they were attacking.

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Cluggins
I learned something here. Cops are supposed to be able to assess medical conditions as well as a doctor, and diabetics can behave however they want to without fear of repercussions.

LoL

These cops knew they injured this woman and found it entertaining.

[video:yahoo]
[/video]

If the Spruce Pines squad had recognized their victim he could have been whacked out on alcohol and they would have at least allowed him to behave anyway he wanted and possibly assisted his behavior.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by StarchedCover
Spruce Pine is right down the road from us, and we use the Wal Mart shown in the video.

Makes me wonder what they are teaching in the academy these days?

I am unsure why EMS didn't respond; I wonder if dispatch didn't notify EMS and why the officer on scene didn't request EMS?

Well, the victim will get a payday out of this.

As a Type II diabetic, I guess we'll need to start going to the Wal Mart in Elizabethton or Johnson City, TN so in the event my sugar drops I don't end up arrested or worse.

StarchedCover

Fact.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Was not there. Will not speak to what was or was not done. Previous experience as an EMT for 15 years. Brittle diabetics can become VERY combative when they crash.

At the paper mill, one of the union millwrights was a smaller guy, 5-6, 160 pounds. And a brittle diabetic. Would go drinking with his buddies after work. Not eat anything. Not take his meds. Show up at the mill the next morning. And as soon as work started, his sugar would crash and he would try to kick EVERYBODY's azz. Mill would call EMS. We would get there and find 3 or 4 big burly millwrights holding this guy down. Give him a coke or a glass of OJ, and 5 minutes later he starts looking around "OH... I did it again..."

Again, I was not there. But I can TOTALLY believe that a crashing diabetic put up a HELLUVA fight when the officers pulled him out of the car. If he was a gym rat to boot, yeah, quite the rodeo...

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Was not there. Will not speak to what was or was not done. Previous experience as an EMT for 15 years. Brittle diabetics can become VERY combative when they crash.

At the paper mill, one of the union millwrights was a smaller guy, 5-6, 160 pounds. And a brittle diabetic. Would go drinking with his buddies after work. Not eat anything. Not take his meds. Show up at the mill the next morning. And as soon as work started, his sugar would crash and he would try to kick EVERYBODY's azz. Mill would call EMS. We would get there and find 3 or 4 big burly millwrights holding this guy down. Give him a coke or a glass of OJ, and 5 minutes later he starts looking around "OH... I did it again..."

Again, I was not there. But I can TOTALLY believe that a crashing diabetic put up a HELLUVA fight when the officers pulled him out of the car. If he was a gym rat to boot, yeah, quite the rodeo...

If they had been aware of who he was he could have been drunk and it would have been ok.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

479 members (222Sako, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 44 invisible), 1,905 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,003
Posts18,481,389
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.