Hop To
Page 63 of 64 1 2 61 62 63 64
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Let me know when you all agree. Until then, your alleged god appears very weak, or non-existent.

Let me know when all scientists agree. Until then, your alleged god appears very weak.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
Let me know when you all agree. Until then, your alleged god appears very weak, or non-existent.
As long as they agree that Jesus died for their sins and rose from the dead, and they accept God’s gift of salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus alone, then they’re good to go. Period.

It is your argument that is weak.

That might be YOUR view, but that's not the view of all Christians.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's your view.
And there's thousands of Christian denominations, all with their own views of what makes a "True Christian".
So which denominations are right, and which ones are wrong?
Let me know when you all agree. Until then, your alleged god appears very weak, or non-existant: - - -
Kindly provide your evidence for that alleged weakness and/or non-existence simply based on lack of agreement about particulars. Please demonstrate how disagreements, misunderstandings, etc. among the believers and followers of God - an omnipotent omniscient God - would have any effect at all on God or His appearance.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
That's your view.
And there's thousands of Christian denominations, all with their own views of what makes a "True Christian".
Let me know when you all agree. Until then, your alleged god appears very weak, or non-existant: - - -
Kindly provide your evidence for that alleged weakness and/or non-existence simply based on lack of agreement about particulars. Please demonstrate how disagreements, misunderstandings, etc. among the believers and followers of God - an omnipotent omniscient God - would have any effect at all on God or His appearance.

CCCC,

If you actually think about it, the answer's in your question.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's your view.
CCCC,
If you actually think about it, the answer's in your question.
As usual, I did think about your post before replying, and such thinking led to my request.

You may believe that there is some answer in my questions, but that does not at all mean that others discern such answer. So, as you reply to my inquiry about your assessment of God's weakness, just try to stay with the theme you initiated - how does any confusion or disagreement among humans provide convincing evidence about the condition of a Supreme Being? Thanks.

IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People don't talk about God in the sense of an actual knowable being, something that you can examine and verify, but their own idea or concept of what a God may be like, where each believer is creating their own version of the concept of God in their own mind....

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
[video:youtube]
[img]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MUFHYmU7yY&pp=ygUvaGUgY2FuIHRvdWNoIGEgdHJlZSBhbmQgdHVybiB0aGUgbGVhdmVzIHRvIGdvbGQ%3D[/img]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
People don't talk about God in the sense of an actual knowable being, something that you can examine and verify, but their own idea or concept of what a God may be like, where each believer is creating their own version of the concept of God in their own mind....
This description very well may be true for some people.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As long as they agree that Jesus died for their sins and rose from the dead, and they accept God’s gift of salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus alone, then they’re good to go. Period.

The problem as l see it is that there have been billions of people who never heard of Jesus and now they are dead.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hastings

The problem as l see it is that there have been billions of people who never heard of Jesus and now they are dead.

Those people who never heard the gospel will be judged by the law of nature as seen in Romans chapter 1. God has placed knowledge of Himself in every human heart/mind, He has also placed eternity in every human heart/mind. "Since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened." If they acknowledged God as the Creator they will be saved, if they worshipped creature they will be damned.

In the book of Revelation 14:6 angel is proclaiming the everlasting Gospel. Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people. He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.” If they worship the Creator they worship Christ because He is the Creator.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just was looking through an old Calvin and Hobbes anthology. Came across one where Hobbes asks this very question. Calvin's response was, "Well, somebody's sure out to get me".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by duke61

Those people who never heard the gospel will be judged by the law of nature as seen in Romans chapter 1. God has placed knowledge of Himself in every human heart/mind, He has also placed eternity in every human heart/mind. "Since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened." If they acknowledged God as the Creator they will be saved, if they worshipped creature they will be damned.

In the book of Revelation 14:6 angel is proclaiming the everlasting Gospel. Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people. He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.” If they worship the Creator they worship Christ because He is the Creator.
I don't see Romans 1 addressing the billions that have lived and died as ignorant savages through no fault of their own some of whom, perhaps most died as pre puberty children. And anyway that was Paul that allegedly wrote that with dubious authority.

And how does the quoted passage of The Revelation of Jesus Christ address the billions that have come and gone in the far flung regions of the earth.

Would it be your position that if they acknowledged a god as a creator they would be saved? It's a problem to understand.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Fyi….gonna be gone for awhile….

Granddaughter with busted arm/orthopedic surgery

Early return from doc says stepson has bad cancer….looks like I may have to help in making uncomfortable decisions.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by duke61

I don't see Romans 1 addressing the billions that have lived and died as ignorant savages through no fault of their own some of whom, perhaps most died as pre puberty children. And anyway that was Paul that allegedly wrote that with dubious authority.

And how does the quoted passage of The Revelation of Jesus Christ address the billions that have come and gone in the far flung regions of the earth.

Would it be your position that if they acknowledged a god as a creator they would be saved? It's a problem to understand.

All those billions that lived and died without hearing about Christ through the gospel will be judged by the law of nature as mentioned in Rom 1, which simply means acknowledging and worshiping true God as the Creator, Rev 14 is another Scripture where people are addressed to worship the Creator and not the creature or the work of man's hands. That is why it is called eternal gospel, God is just and righteous and He made sure every human being has knowledge of God as the Creator, people have a choice to either acknowledge Him or chose to make up their own gods and worship them as we see happened throughout the ages. If by looking at nature/creation including themselves they acknowledge that God is the one who created them and sustains them then they will be saved on the day of judgment, if on the other hand they ignored all the evidence of God in themselves and nature around them and worshipped heathen gods they will be lost. But all those who did hear the gospel and rejected it will be damned, they will be judged for rejecting the gospel unlike those who never heard the gospel.

Last edited by duke61; 04/04/24.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Yet each and every believer assumes they are right and that the others are wrong. Everybody cannot be right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Yet each and every believer assumes they are right and that the others are wrong. Everybody cannot be right.
By what magical power (please describe) are you able to personally know what every believer assumes in that regard? How did you acquire that power?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by TF49
Fyi….gonna be gone for awhile….

Granddaughter with busted arm/orthopedic surgery

Early return from doc says stepson has bad cancer….looks like I may have to help in making uncomfortable decisions.

Dang. Prayers for your loved ones.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Why don't you have a discussion about the fact that sure evidence for one individual may not serve as any evidence for another, and the forever subjectivity of that matter. It might illuminate the futility of these puerile yakking matches.

Evidence supports a claim that all can agree concurs with reality - it's not subjective. Belief in a god has no evidence and is divorced from reality, and is entirely subjective - thousands of Christian denominations are evidence of this fact and reality. Here endeth this lesson.
Please cite a claim about God on which ALL agree.

Bingo, my point exactly. No evidence therefore anything goes. My god is better than your god...yadda, yadda, yadda... Reality not required, LOL!!!
You put the BINGO squarely on yourself and highlight the usual disingenuous behavior by deliberately omitting the part of the post that you apparently wish ignored. Here is the whole thing - again:

"Your first statement there is quite faulty. Your use of "all" is a gross assumption based on zero evidence of that factor. What is evidence to you may not be evidence to another, etc.. Please cite a claim about God on which ALL agree.
Further, there need not be any such "claim" in order for one to experience evidence. Claims seem to be the action of those who wish to prove some point of view or secure a corner on some claimed reality. Objectivity is not created by such claims, or by your sentence."

Your befuddlement with the idea of what evidence is, is quite disappointing and I feel bad for you. The Dunning Kruger effect has settled deep within your brain I'm afraid. Think about this - evidence cannot support multiple explanations, it can only be evidence for one true reality. The word you are thinking about is "observations" and from which any old crap can be made up as explanation in lieu of the actual explanation ie all religions claim observations as evidence. However, the observation becomes evidence once the true reality-based explanation is uncovered. Religion is not a true reality and therefore can be discounted. Here endith this lesson - amen.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Question for the religious scholar from Oz: is truth subjective or objective?

The way life should be.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
There is a good article on the relationship between Christianity and conservatism in the April issue of National Review. Recommend it highly.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Page 63 of 64 1 2 61 62 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,285
Posts18,486,876
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.