Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
7mm I should have said you are being met with hostility, that is the way I read it, just didn't type it that way. ....as far as suicide, the talk came from you.....bob

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The "churched" aren't following the moral code of Christianity....why would anyone else?

Attending church doesn't make you a Christian any more than sitting in your garage makes you a Ford F150. People are simply a bunch of screw-ups, including Christians, who are a work in progress.

Isaiah 5:20
King James Version
20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter

Factions.....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
The bottom line is that cultural alarm bells are…and have been…goin’ off that the current approach isn’t working. The Christian Church, and individual Christians (and myself especially) have got to take responsibility for a whole lot of this absolute mess.
Very true, but I myself cannot blame this on Christians. As I previously stated, Christians, and for that matter conservatives are always open to respectful dialogue, talking things out rather than arguing about it. Non Christians, and particularly liberals are almost always the ones to start calling names and getting argumental. That is a natural response. When one’s position is weak, going on the offensive, getting nasty and personal insults are usually the response. One who is debating logically has no reason for it, but a losing position that cannot stand scrutiny, is naturally gonna try to end the debate.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
I don't believe that you have any regrets about creating another thread about faith and religion. And I do have my positive beliefs and faith but am comfortable enough with them not to bloviate to further convince others, or myself, of them.

you get it....the op was/is looking for attention and added the drama.....bob

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
7mm I should have said you are being met with hostility, that is the way I read it, just didn't type it that way. ....as far as suicide, the talk came from you.....bob
Understood. IF or WHEN, I give up on residing in a free country, and ONLY then, am I likely to think about checking out early.
I can understand it with a terminal disease (which I ain’t got🙏), but otherwise I’d rather lose my life fighting back against evil. Jefferson said that “resistance to tyranny is obedience to God”, and I certainly won’t argue with our most intelligent President.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Didn't read the entire thread, but I think the current level of comfort in this country has convinced many they are in no need of God.
So, I think God is bringing reminders.

Take the whole LBGTQLMNOP awareness day recently.

It's been happening for a couple years and no Christian group stood up and made a big enough stink of it at all or pushed back enough for anyone to notice.

And then, I'll be darned, it fell on Easter. Imagine that. Think a few years ago when the whole awareness day (i.e. vote getting day) was concocted that some one thought, "oh heck, in a couple years this will fall on Easter"?

I do not...................but God did.

And it brought an entire new group of Christians to the fight.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
reading his opening post and then the follow up posts seem to revel an unbalanced individual......extremism whether left or right is not healthy. that is what is killing America....bob

No.

It's greed.

Rationalized greed.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
, ...Christians, and for that matter conservatives are always open to respectful dialogue, talking things out rather than arguing about it. Non Christians, and particularly liberals are almost always the ones to start calling names and getting argumental....

Christians and conservatives most definitely are open to respectful dialog... and it seems that is the ONLY thing they are open to. INSISTING on playing nice while the world is burning around them. Sometimes a whip of cords is necessary. At the very least, we should stop trying to "debate" the enemy. No matter how many times we "destroy them with facts and logic", they are unimpressed. They will not change their minds, and they will not stop.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stophel
, ...Christians, and for that matter conservatives are always open to respectful dialogue, talking things out rather than arguing about it. Non Christians, and particularly liberals are almost always the ones to start calling names and getting argumental....

Christians and conservatives most definitely are open to respectful dialog... and it seems that is the ONLY thing they are open to. INSISTING on playing nice while the world is burning around them. Sometimes a whip of cords is necessary. At the very least, we should stop trying to "debate" the enemy. No matter how many times we "destroy them with facts and logic", they are unimpressed. They will not change their minds, and they will not stop.

Amen!!!!

K
KLM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Entering ? We have been there for a long time!

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Stophel

Your mention about not debating the enemy brings something to my mind. One of the tactics taught by Saul Alinsky was to ridicule your opponent. I think it's fair to say we would be considered his opponents, if you call yourself a Christian and you're not you've swallowed a lie somewhere. Anyway the use of ridicule is very effective as there really is no defense. It's in full use everywhere too especially online where there is no danger of being punched in the mouth.

And the part about playing nice. It's been said on this thread the remarks made by some that profess to be Christians are as bad as anyone else. Very true. Also shameful. It's easy to get drug into name calling on here or any other site like this where there is a free exchange of words. Just because you can say something rude or insulting doesn't mean it should be said. Paul himself said that all things are legal for him but not all were expedient. Then there's the teaching to not be a stumbling block especially to a non believer. Pride gets in the way though so the words fly. I'm realizing more every day that what I think really doesn't matter on this forum or anywhere else but when someone makes a post that there is no God or we have no need of Him or whatever the case it doesn't stir up a feeling of anger but one of hurt. It's then that I tell myself there is nothing I can say to make this better and just stay quiet. For me by doing that the battle is not mine but it belongs to God. I hope my life is not a reason for anyone to miss out on the blessings of God.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
When the Bible thumpers are constantly shoving their beliefs down peoples throats, they shouldn't be surprised when those same people tell them to shove their religion up their as$.

Biggest hypocrites I've ever dealt with are the hard core Bible beaters.

How do the god fearing folk expect to be taken seriously when they endorse a guy that cheats on his wife, cusses, swears, degrades others, mocks people, lies, steals, cheats, passes policy taking away individual freedoms and rights, etc etc.

If the Bible beaters are serious about looking for answers go find a mirror and take a good long look.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by BuzzH
When the Bible thumpers are constantly shoving their beliefs down peoples throats, they shouldn't be surprised when those same people tell them to shove their religion up their as$.

How do the god fearing folk expect to be taken seriously when they endorse a guy that cheats on his wife, cusses, swears, degrades others, mocks people, lies, steals, cheats, passes policy taking away individual freedoms and rights, etc etc.

If the Bible beaters are serious about looking for answers go find a mirror and take a good long look.
^🤡^

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No, we're entering a post America America.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote]When the Bible thumpers are constantly shoving their beliefs down peoples throats, they shouldn't be surprised when those same people tell them to shove their religion up their as$.

Biggest hypocrites I've ever dealt with are the hard core Bible beaters, you can insert about anything here./quote]

Hard core anybody, are fringe lunatics. Example-sports fans. Fans is abbreviation for fanatics. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve never met a good person or anyone that wasn’t a hypocrite. They might have most people fooled but that’s about it. It’s a good thing eternal life and conduct are unrelated.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

There you go trashing bill clinton again.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
It began in the 1700s when a philosopher said, "Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by cas6969
No, we're entering a post America America.

Clarity

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Buzzy: You might consider how your third paragraph describes the present resident of the Whitehouse. Trump is quite imperfect but he didn't sell out our country and put us into WW3 which has already started. You do I hope realize that your Resident is a pervert around little girls, a thief, and while Trump boorishly said something about grabbing a woman there is a very credible story out there about the Idiot in Chief actually pushing Tara Reade up against a wall and sticking his finger up her twat. She is so scared of being suicided that she has fled to Russia for protection. You do know that Biden extorted the president of Ukraine to fire an honest man to cover up his own and his son's crimes. As for cussing, nobody comes close to what Biden says in unguarded moments. I am not a bible beater but I am a bible reader that understands those books can be twisted to fit any argument. Also the bible teaches us that an adulterous king of Israel was used by God to lead his people.

Biden is an evil, perverted, and now demented old man. So senile he doesn't seem to know who he is or where he is most of the time. I suspect he will not be the Democrat candidate if they can just figure out how to get Kamala out of the way.

I understand you are a federal bureaucrat and like most bureaucrats you will vote for the Democrat even if they put an ape up as a candidate, but you can't seriously find Trump more morally reprehensible than Biden.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 1beaver_shooter, 32 invisible), 2,242 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,446
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.