Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I make my own cream of chicken vegetable soup. Simmer a boneless chicken breast or two in a can of chicken broth, cube it up and add sliced carrots, diced onion, celery, frozen niblet corn, frozen green peas, and a couple of handfuls of egg noodles. Slow simmer for an hour, then add half a cup of heavy cream right before serving, simmered long enough to heat thoroughly. Serve with buttered Ritz crackers or grilled garlic bread.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I make pretty good renditions of chicken noodle, Zuppa Toscana, and seafood chowder.

Hot sour soup is one of my favorites, but I haven't figured out to make that one myself, yet.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Polish dill pickle soup

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Love to make soup. I make a bunch of different kinds.

MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Current favorite is Panera's summer squash. đź‘Ť Amazing, but it will disappear soon until next fall.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
This is a pretty simple soup that goes as fast as you can open the cans. Great last minute dinner with some cornbread.
https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a78065/seven-can-soup/
If I'm going scratch, some albondigas, Spanish rice on the side and corn tortillas.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Soups Online, https://www.soupsonline.com/ is a great source for soups, soup starter kits, and bunch of other stuff.

I've been getting soup kits from them for years. Split pea, chicken noodle, potato corn chowder, french onion, white bean with smoked pork hocks, vegetable, senate bean soup, are some of my regulars.

A
Alan_C Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks Mike! I will make a note of that. Good info!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yes. My own meat and vegie making. Runs about 60 or $70 for all the ingredients in a 7-gallon turkey fryer pot with at least a 24-hour slow simmer.

Usually grilled venison, pronghorn, elk, beef, or occasionally bear diced, then pinto beans, spuds, peas, rice, barley, celery, bell peppers, mushrooms, green beans, corn, onions, garlic, a head of cabbage, maybe some rice, then diced tomatoes, about 4 quarts of tomato juice, bay leaves, soy sauce, salt, coarse ground black pepper, and a bit of fire from a whatever hot sauce. Last, water to cover the ingredients. Ladled into damned near every container we own and placed in the chest freezer. With a known rush day approaching a container goes into the fridge to thaw for a couple days and then reheated to serve. Never had a complaint.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/06/24.

1Minute
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Chicken noodle

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Me and Campbells have been good friends for some time. Often a can of tomato with added Itallion spice and red bell pepper with ritz.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's a toss-up between French Onion and Mock Turtle. I'm a huge fan of both. It is honestly hard to find either one done well anymore.

Mock Turtle Soup used to be a staple in Cincinnati. It's not a German dish, but the Germans latched onto it. By the 1840s, every little hovel in the Over the Rhine District had a front room with a table and the frau would serve you a bowl of Mock Turtle. Until recently, there were still German restaurants that served it. Right now, I can think of only one place. It's a bar over near Pleasant Ridge. My mom learned the recipe from Grandma and used to make it.

French Onion is another seemingly lost art. In my day, there were two restaurants known for their French Onion. One was La Normandie, the rathskeller underneath La Masionette, a 5-star French restaurant. The other was Zinos, an Italian-ish restaurant near the U.C. campus. Both are long gone. LaRosa's, the local pizza carryout giant, has a French Onion, but it is a pale shadow of the real stuff.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I make a bunch of different ones. The one that gets the most accolades is my lettuce soup.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
RLA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This reminds me of my mom making soup, when ever she said we were having soup for supper, we knew it was time to clean out fridge.
We never knew what would be in there, but it was always good.

My wife makes the diet soup with lean ground beef and cabbage, it is always very good.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
My xwife made a killer cream of mushroom leek soup. If only she wasn't such a bi tch.....

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My favorite is Swamp soup/Turnip green soup. It's simple and quick to put together. We will make a big pot, a pan of cornbread and it will all be gone the next day.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seafood chowder or 15 bean soup with lots of ham.

living the good life every day
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our go-to soups for cooler months are chicken/turkey/sausage gumbo and cabbage soup, which is a venison/vegetable soup. Rarely eat them from April to September.

Now with even more aplomb
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
My own beef/venison/veggie soup. Takes half a day to make it. No one ever complains when they eat it. And does a good job of cleaning out the alimentary canal...

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Beef stew

Eat year around, never got into certain foods for the time of year

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,817
Posts18,477,674
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.